Precautionary principle should be applied to shale gas GLOBE-Net June 30, 2011
- Frac Water Orgy Announced by AER’s Mark Taylor (ex-manager Encana who lied to Rosebud, said Encana would never frac their drinking water). No Wonder AEP is Taking Water Licences Away from Farmers/Ranchers: AER grants 10 year blanket approval water licences; Companies need not know where they will frac, or how much they will frac or where they’ll get their water from. Companies “expected” to look at sources other than fresh drinking water, eg hydrocarbon contaminated groundwater, but not if contaminated with methane!
- Dennis Kucinich vows to end all oil & gas drilling in Ohio if elected Governor, then take the industry to court: “Fresh water and clean water are not negotiable issues.” Industry not happy with his plans. Boo Hoo, more of these plans ahead, everywhere, except in Alberta Canada
- Arrogance, Greed & Ignorance Out of Control: ‘Frac hits’ growing issue as infill drilling, frac stages rise: “Economic results could be catastrophic”
- UPDATED Day 6: Powhatan residents don’t want to go home; XTO Still Fails to Contain Methane Leak
- Newfoundland and Labrador gov’t’s evil new Synergy Alberta lingo: Create a “world-class energy cluster.” NL unveils plan to double oil production by 2030, speed up development process (aka deregulate), Lay foundation for natural gas industry – Sneak in Fracking?
- New Film: Pipe Dreams Fractured Lives
- Frack Patch Porn: The ultimate sexual assault by men in positions of power? Ensign drills Canada’s longest lateral, 7,770 metres (4.828 miles), at global frac-quake capital, Fox Creek, Alberta. Is it the world’s longest lateral onshore?
- Extremely Wise Dutch Economic Affairs Minister: “Shale gas is not an option in the Netherlands any more. We are not doing it. It is over and done with.’
- Brilliant Gérard Montpetit at his best! The Pipeline of Happiness will Transport Dilpot & BC Wine from Vancouver to Halifax, Right through Rachel Notley’s Toxic Tarsands Country
- Oil & gas industry’s fracking is “perfectly safe” lie explodes by homes, yet again: Ohio, Belmont County, XTO Well pad explosion, fire forces 1 mile mandatory evacuation area; Families & businesses within 2 miles urged to evacuate, 2/3s of Village of Powhatan
- Fracking tied to reduced songbird nesting success