Jessica Ernst at the University of Alberta Edmonton October 27, 2011
- Frac Fraud on the Rise: Sixth man admits role in altering emission control devices on trucks used in Marcellus Shale gas fields
- Lancashire frac’ing: 1.6M earthquake stops Cuadrilla’s work “This is a serious issue and we know that seismic activity at similar levels deformed the well bore at Preese Hall, which Cuadrilla failed to report to the relevant authorities for six months.”
- Ewing’s sarcoma takes another child in a frac field: “It’s the price you pay for deep love. It hurts.” Randy Stephen’s last wishes are being fulfilled: that his family help other families going through battles with childhood cancer.
- Quintana Energy Services Inc., oil field services company (went public in Feb 2018) cuts over 130 jobs, assets, C-level position to reduce costs; many companies dealing with “shifting investor expectations” and “crushing” debt
- Victoria state Court of Appeal in 2-1 ruling rejected Cardinal George Pell’s appeal of unanimous jury verdict finding him guilty of sexually abusing children
- Frac jobs keep getting frac’d: CNX lays off about 50 workers, “This is part of our normal course as we’re always looking…to get better.”
- California regulators still allowing industry to inject toxic oilfield waste into drinking water aquifers, violating Safe Drinking Water Act; Companies will sue if ordered to stop. Alberta regulators break the law too, letting industry frac into drinking water aquifers, AER’s law violations even enabled by Canada’s top court
- California: Chevron’s steam injection disaster, oil & wastewater gushing to surface grows more than 500,000 gallons to 1.3 million gallons. “Permits in these legacy oil fields are often given with a wink and a nod.”
- Bonterra Energy Corp pipeline spills 40,000 litres (~250 barrels) oil into Washout Creek, which flows into North Saskatchewan River, Edmonton’s drinking water supply
- “Justice” system loves a good cover-up? Parents of Rocky View public school district student strangled by non-breakaway lanyard (donated by a corporation), settle lawsuit, keep dollar amount secret. Media seeks gag opened; Alberta court slams the door shut to ensure others filing lawsuits settle ‘n gag too, knowingly keeping the public (and our children) in harms away.
- Alberta academia was frac’d years ago. UCP government’s university appointments draw cronyism accusations
- Texas & Oklahoma: Deregulating to redefine toxic frac waste water as “industrial water” so as to let the oil and gas industry increase profits and dump their toxic waste into waterways?
- 4.1M earthquake hits near Esterhazy, Saskatchewan, “rattling homes.” Power out for Esterhazy, Whitewood, Moosomin, Rockanville, Wapella, Tantallon for 2.5 hours. “My mother’s rocking chair started rocking.” Children screamed and cried, “It was scary.” Earthquakes Canada reports it “lightly felt.” Numerous new “undefined” directional wells drilled in area.
- Is this why Paramount bought Apache Corp’s Fox Creek assets? Koch Industries sells its tarsands properties to Paramount. Paramount/Trilogy next to declare bankruptcy, walk from clean up, with AER’s blessings?
- New study: Frac’ing in U.S. & Canada linked to worldwide atmospheric methane spike. “This recent increase in methane is massive,” Howarth said. “It’s globally significant.”