2020 Shale & Public Health Conference Presentations at link.
The eighth annual Shale & Public Health Conference was held as an online conference over two days
Tuesday, November 17 & Wednesday, November 18
Featuring new research presented by national experts on shale and public health impacts, and practical applications.
The video recordings of the 8th Annual Shale & Public Health Conference are now available on YouTube. Select individual videos below or see the entire Playlist on YouTube.Playlist
The conference featured five topic segments. Each included a panel discussion led by a top researcher offering framing remarks.
Tuesday, November 17, 2020
- Novel Methods of Assessing Air Exposures & Public Health – Nicole Deziel, PhD, MHS, Yale with Longxiang Li, ScD, Harvard, Petros Koutrakis, PhD, Harvard, and Jill Johnston, PhD, USC
- Unconventional Oil & Gas, Community Impacts & Environmental Justice – Lara Cushing, PhD, MPH, UCLA; Jim Fabisiak, PhD, U of Pittsburgh with Cassandra Clark, Yale, Katie Dickinson PhD, U of Colorado Anschutz, and Rebecca Franz, Chief Deputy Attorney General of PA
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
- New Research on Birth Outcomes -Lisa McKenzie, PhD, MPH, U of Colorado Anschutz with David Gonzalez, Stanford and Kathy V Tran, PhD, UC Berkeley
- New Research on Other Health Outcomes -Seth Shonkoff, PhD, MPH PSE Healthy Energy/UC Berkeley with Irena Gorski Steiner, MPH, Johns Hopkins; Mary Willis, PhD, MPH, Oregon State; and David Brown, ScD, Environmental Health Project
- Climate Change, COVID 19, Fossil Fuels and Plastics – Brian Schwartz, MD, Johns Hopkins with Kristina Marusic, Environmental Health News and Anna Cummins 5 Gyres
There was also a networking session on Tuesday from 3:45-4:30.