France bans ‘fracking’ after months of protest by Andrew MacLeod, The Tyee.ca, May 13, 2011
- Drilling, Frac’ing, Mining, Spills, Corporate Law Violations & Toxic Waste Dumping Everywhere with Water Gone or Gone Bad Everywhere too. Where are the courts? Busy gagging the harmed, protecting the water abusers and their enablers – the “regulators.”
- Nasty Nexen (subsidiary of Chinese state-owned China National Offshore Oil Corp., or CNOOC Ltd) pleads not guilty in Long Lake tarsands explosion that killed two workers
- Rule of law in Canada? Most unlikely, except to enable corporate abuse, greed & pollution; protect the rich, lying judges & lawyers, corrupt politicians & law violating regulators. Newfoundland and Labrador trying to jail journalist Justin Brake for doing his job, judge pathetically enables the abuse of process; Maureen Killoran, Encana lawyer in Ernst vs Encana, seeks outrageous injunction for Kinder Morgan, judge shows obvious bias for the company
- “..like an Alabama tick.” Schwarzenegger to Sue Oil Companies “for knowingly killing people all over the world.”
- Spooked by Quakes, Oklahoma Toughens Fracking Rules, Canadian regulators stick with less stringent regulations despite growing risks from mega-fracking
- Rolling Stone reports on Compendium 5: ‘The Harms of Fracking’: New Report Details Increased Risks of Asthma, Birth Defects and Cancer. Dr. Sandra Steingraber: “Fracking is the worst thing I’ve ever seen.” Dr. Pouné Saberi: “There is a code of silence….” Workers rarely report injuries or hazards, for fear of losing their jobs.
- “yep they get the gold, we get the shaft.” Dam collapses at one of Australia’s largest gold mines after 2.7M earthquake 2 km away. Imagine BC’s foolish, high risk Site C dam surrounded by frac’ing causing much stronger earthquakes!
- Day 20: XTO’s exploded gas well that vented methane, caused 2 mile no fly zone for weeks finally capped; Powhatan residents return home; Authorities chant no harm to public, no safety risk
- Alberta fails, again! Alberta’s criminal justice system gets failing grade, with most disproportionately high level of Indigenous incarceration of any jurisdiction in Canada. Alberta government’s response? The dog ate my homework
- Oklahoma’s boasted frac quake mitigation failing, badly! More homes damaged by two 4.2M quakes Sunday NE of Enid; Court coddling oil companies causing quakes, leaving people plaintiffs dangling
- Oh No! What will the judges drink? Frac Free Irish Whiskey? High levels of lead found in drinking water in Toronto Superior Court of Justice building, lead was found in excess of provincial health standards. No health standards for industry’s leaking methane contaminating buildings, cities, drinking water in Canada, even though it causes significant health harm & can blow you and your family up