France Vote Outlaws ‘Fracking’ Shale for Natural Gas, Oil Extraction by Tara Patel, Bloomberg, July 1, 2011
- Teck will continue to fight U.S. judgement even though U.S. Supreme Court denied hearing Teck’s appeal
- Hey Jason Kenney! The cowardly AER should be promptly disbanded and sent home; Complete overhaul of petroleum ownership and structure of that ownership is a must!
- Another study! Greater prevalence of congenital heart defects in areas with high intensity oil & gas well activity, Study provides further evidence of relationship between oil & gas and birth defects
- IT’S A BIG ONE! AER Order against Sprocket Energy sour gas well leak/spill (by frac hit?) six km from Town of Fox Creek. Why no media coverage on possibly life-threatening, brain damaging leak close to busy campgrounds (eg Smoke Lake) & town?
- Why is 320,000 litre spill 36 km NE of Swan Hills splashed all over the media, but not the bigger 460,000 litre spill in AER’s Frac Frenzy Blanket Approval Pilot Project 6 km from Town of Fox Creek? Because it was a frac hit? AER instructing media to deflect concerned Canadians in another direction?
- Fracking greed in all its vulgarity: One powerful West Texas farm family wants to sell its groundwater to oil producers; another wants to stanch that flow. Water costs for frac’ing the Permian expected to surge to $54 Billion over next decade
- Would Justice Robert Beaudoin have let the rapist off if his daughter was one of the women raped? Ontario Crown serves Paul Batchelor notice of appeal, claims trial judge made errors. Errors or misogyny?
- Terrifying! Injected oilfield wastewater may trigger earthquakes for ‘decades.’ More terrifying: Percentage of high-magnitude quakes felt at the surface increases with depth of waste injected & may create greater magnitude quakes years after injection rates decline or stop.
- Frac Hit at Fox Creek? Wanna bet industry’s pet lamb, AER, will issue no fine? 460,000 litres fluids & contaminated water spews forth from abandoned Sprocket Energy Corp well 6 km SW of Fox Creek, Nothing reported in the media!
- No wonder Canadian “justice” is so often misogynistic, racist &/or abusive. Looking in the mirror: Harassment in legal workplaces
- Colombia makes right move by suspending fracking project
- Super Wow Power of “NO!” Latin America’s largest shale reserve will not be fracked (3 times bigger than USA’s Marcellus); State Assembly of Paraná officially banned frac’ing, courageously protecting 12.5 Million citizens!
- CAPP’s (under guise of Kenney) review of AER, and dictated deregulation to enhance profits for companies while walking from more responsibilities, on track?
- UPDATED: Regulator losing patience with Chevron! “Newly revealed” steam injection disaster, this one by Chevron in California. About 800,000 gallons (~3 million liters) oil & water seeped into stream bed, off and on since May. CNRL seemed unable to stop their steam injection caused seep in Alberta, will Chevron be able to stop this one?
- And the scam goes on and on and on, decade after decade, across Canada: B.C. energy regulator faces possible $90-million tab for orphan wells (it’s going to cost much more than that)