- Congratulations Justin Brake for standing up for press freedoms! Pfffffft on all the dirty judges involved and the crown for pissing on the “rule of law,” yet again. edfromred: “Shame on the…In-Justice System that never misses a chance to oppress the little guy and rush to the defense of corporations.”
Justin Brake@JustinBrakeNews June 30, 2020
This morning the crown informed an NL Provincial Court Judge that it did not wish to submit evidence in my case, bringing an end to an almost four-year-long legal saga ...
- Alberta picks yet another hanky panky “Dickhead.” Blackrock (lost $90 Billion in fossil fuel investments last 10 years) rule breaker Mark Wiseman to chair AIMCo (money-losing launderer of funds from pensioners to bankrupt frac firms).
As I have already said Kenney will try his best to dress-up AIMCO before approaching the public with a referendum on CPP!! As expected ...
- Ultra Vulgar Bad News for Canadians: Toronto Star sold to private equity investors, New Owners donated to Maxime Bernier, Doug Ford & the Ultra Ugly Harper Party
Toronto Star sold to private equity investors: What it means for Canadian media, New owners are donors to Maxime Bernier and the Conservative Party by Ethan Cox, MAY 27, 2020, Richochet
Late Tuesday evening, the Toronto Star published a short news item noting that their parent company TorStar, which also owns the Hamilton Spectator, five other ...
- DEP data shows bankrupt Chesapeake drilling new wells; Did Chesapeake file for bankruptcy to avoid paying outstanding royalties owed and avoid paying fines for criminal charges possibly up AG Josh Shapiro’s courageous sleeves? The company’s timing is suspect.
State allows bankrupt Chesapeake to drill new wells, Earthworks calls upon DEP to put public first, revoke permits Press Release by Earthworks, June 29, 2020
June 29 — Data retrieved today from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) website indicates DEP is allowing Chesapeake Energy to drill new wells, including two today in Susquehanna County. ...
- Evil law-violating frac’er Chesapeake Energy files for bankruptcy, owing $9Billion. How much magic money will the court give the frac’ers this time?
How much money did lawyers make on the frac’ing industry and how many hundreds of thousands of lies did those lawyers and their fat cat companies tell?
How many lawyers betrayed their clients to benefit themselves and the frac’ers?
Too funny! Serves the greedy frac’ers right.
Chesapeake Energy, fracking pioneer, files for bankruptcy owing $9bn, The Oklahoma ...
- The Ballad of Josh Shapiro (Pennsylvania’s courageous Attorney General taking on health-harming, water-contaminating frac’ers)
COLETOON: Pickin’ and pointin’ fingers with Josh Shapiro.
SING ALONG WITH JOSH by cartoonist John Cole, Jun 28, 2020, timestribuneblogs.com
State Attorney-General Josh Shapiro latest crusade has led his office to the doors of the Department of Environmental Protection and the natural gas drillers whose activities they are supposed to be regulating. According to the findings of a two- ...
- Satellites show major new methane leaks: Oil and gas industry responsible for far more methane in atmosphere than previously thought; Undetected methane leaks from energy industry are major global issue
Satellites reveal major new gas industry methane leaks by Shadia Nasralla, June 25, 2020, Reuters
A undated handout image shows methane emission hotspots associated with oil, gas and coal between January 2019 and May 2020. KAYRROS/Handout via REUTERS
LONDON (Reuters) – Last fall, European Space Agency satellites detected huge plumes of the invisible planet-warming gas methane leaking ...
- Denton’s Law firm wanting more easy money? UCP Kenney’s Witch Hunt given another million dollars, making it look like just another AIMCo money laundering scheme. To pay Harper for his time puppeting Kenney? (Harper works at Denton’s and Witch Hunt boss Steve Allen’s son is partner there. Creepy.)
The Rule of Law: One for the rich and or ‘well connected’ (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) and another for the average ‘Joe’. Edmonton lawyer Shane Stevenson facing drunk driving causing death charges at centre of major lawsuit against him and Dentons Law Firm. Lawyers working drunk is common. How many judges work drunk? What’s the ...
- MUST WATCH; MUST READ: Pennsylvania Grand Jury Nails It: Hydraulic fracturing is poisoning us (AER & BC OGC are much more corrupt and industry-controlled regulators than PA’s DEP)
A mom and dad trapped in a home they no longer feel safe in, comforting a child, feeling powerless to help. As a father of four, I can’t imagine that feeling.
Residents cried for help, and no one from government came. This should never have happened…. Regulators were supposed to prevent abuse by the big ...
- NEBC, Farmington and Tower Lake: Vicky Simlik and friend, living frac’d: Lands saturated (as happened to Campbells in Alberta); Iridescent greasy slime appearing (as happened to Ann Craft in Alberta); Vegetation dying (as happened at Ernst’s); Bubbling chemical aliens appearing on gravel driveway (never seen before).
Comment by an Albertan:
Oh Jessica, my heart just cries reading this; I’m so angry also; the ignorance of this government and people too why are they not out protesting by the thousands to stop this vile life destroying evil corporation. Our planet is being destroyed right before our eyes quietly, methodically, mercilessly.
Brief Timeline of Experience ...
- Do non Indigenous, non criminal Canadians have Charter rights? Supreme Court of Canada proves we don’t. Alberta Union of Provincial Employees taking Alberta to court over Bill 1, claiming it violates Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Ordinary non Indigenous, non criminal Canadians don’t have Charter rights; corporations do – even when they kill. Canadian judges pick and choose which citizens get their rights protected, which laws to ignore or shit on and which lie to publish in rulings to smear applicants with. Ignorant angry Canadians elect many corrupt (and misogynistic, racist, ...
- Alberta Law Society rescinds lawyer Grey Leighton’s appointment from adjudicator pool; Ignorant Kenney/UCP refuse to apologize for putting Leighton on their judge picking committee
This is a huge deal, but makes you question the selection process if Grey got it in the first place
Alberta government won’t apologize for appointee critics say made racist, anti-Semitic posts, UCP minister Kaycee Madu accuses NDP of playing politics with Black people by Charles Rusnell, CBC News, Jun 23, 2020
Alberta Municipal Affairs Minister Kaycee ...
- White Male Superiority
Is that you Murray?
nîpawistamâsowin: We Will Stand Up: A young Cree man’s death raised disturbing questions of racism in our legal system | CBC Docs POV, Feb 29, 2020
On August 9, 2016, a young Cree man named Colten Boushie died from a gunshot to the back of his head after entering Gerald Stanley’s rural property ...
- US frac’ers face $300 Billion in writedowns in Q2. “The boom in fracking was largely financed by debt” and we the people are being robbed to pay for the frac’ers’ greed ‘n rape fest.
US shale companies face $300bn in writedowns in Q2, Deloitte says impairments could trigger insolvencies as sector accounts for oil price fall by Derek Brower, June 22, 2020, Financial Times
US shale companies could be forced to write down at least $300bn of their assets in thesecond quarter, as operators begin to account for the oil-price ...
- Dear J Rosalie Abella and Germany: Is it “justice” and “a fantastic work ethic” for a Supreme Court of Canada judge to lie in a ruling and damage our Charter of Rights and Freedoms?
Comments to the article by rural Albertans:
It never stops. Again the deep seated ugly statement and solo move against you in such a tight vote was steeped in jealousy as I have said before. I now rethink the German/Jewish side of things played a role too.
Yikes. Don’t need to read much of that to feel ...
- New study: Frac’ing in Pennsylvania linked to 20 human deaths caused by particulate pollution emitted by shale gas wells from 2010 to 2017
STUDY: AIR POLLUTION FROM FRACKING LINKED TO DEATHS IN PENNSYLVANIA Press Release by Jennifer Micale, June 18, 2020, Binghamton University, State University of New York
Approximately 20 people in Pennsylvania lost their lives during a seven-year period because of particulate matter pollution emitted by shale gas wells, according to a recent study.
The researchers —including lead ...
- Contained. Explosive hazard alert Issued: Gas leak emergency in Black Diamond, Alberta, residents and businesses being evacuated
‘Significant’ gas leak contained after forcing evacuations in downtown Black Diamond by Sammy Hudes, June 20, 2020, Calgary Herald
A “significant” gas leak in Black Diamond has been contained after it forced the closure of the town’s downtown to traffic on Saturday morning.
… The town said in an update just over an hour later that the ...
- UK: Frac’ing is over as the big frac lies fail
“Fracking is over” – UK energy minister by Ruth Hayhurst, June 18, 2020, Drill or Drop
The UK energy minister said this evening that fracking was over and the government had “moved on”.
Kwasi Kwarteng was speaking during an interview about a cryogenic battery facility that will store renewable energy.
Asked by Roger Johnson, of BBC North West ...
- OMG! ScientificAlbertan nails the UCP. Too funny, too brilliant.
Comment by a rural Albertan:
That really is a stunningly accurate recap and funny as all hell!
….shore up your social media presence with 27 guys named Matt.
Thread of Tweets by ScientificAlbertan, June 17, 2020
If you’re ecstatic that @jkenney cancelled the carbon tax, and your carbon tax refund would have been greater than the tax, you ...
- Encana/Ovintiv Greedy Frac’ing Bloodbath Continues, Kills More Jobs After Promising Not To.
And I’m still hauling water, have been for 12 years now (the gov’t hauled water for me for two years prior to that), thanks to Encana/Ovintiv breaking the law, intentionally frac’ing my community’s drinking water aquifers, with all authorities coddling the law-violating company and breaking the law trying to shut me up. I had a ...
- The biggest con ever? Millions of abandoned wells enabled by politicians, regulators & courts. Oil, gas ‘n frac industry rapes, profits ‘n runs, hangs the public with clean up, a climate menace & endless health harms & cruelty
Special Report: Millions of abandoned oil wells are leaking methane, a climate menace by Nichola Groom with additional reporting by Ekaterina Golubkova in Moscow, Rania El Gamal in Riyadh, June 16, 2020, Reuters
SALYERSVILLE, Kentucky (Reuters) – In May 2012, Hanson and Michael Rowe noticed an overpowering smell, like rotten eggs, seeping from an abandoned gas ...
- Sprocket Energy Corp: Bigger sour gas release – 480,000 litres – by “mechanical failure” (code for frac hit?) at Fox Creek Alberta. People live there, H2S is deadly, damages the brain even at low levels, yet again, media reports nothing. Jason Kenney/Steve Harper have friends on the board?
Wondering if Sprocket/AER even bothered to notify local stakeholders and the Town of Fox Creek Administration. Not warning the community is immoral and unforgivable, notably during a pandemic where research has proven pollution increases fatalities by Covid-19.
Vital 2017 reference:
New Study: Sulfide-producing bacteria dominate hydraulically fractured shale oil & gas wells. “An estimated 70% of waterflooded reservoirs world-wide ...
- Cabot Oil and Gas gets frac’d! Pennsylvania AG Shapiro files 15 criminal charges, including 9 felonies, against Cabot for failing to fix gas wells that leaked methane over 9 square miles into 18 Dimock residential water supplies. “The Grand Jury presentments prove that Cabot took shortcuts that broke the law, and damaged our environment — harming our water supply and public health,”
2020: PA Attorney General Josh Shapiro expending significant investigave resources in pursuit of more than 12 criminal cases involving frac’ing: “some will result in criminal charges in the near future.” Any uncorrupted Attorney Generals in Canada courageous enough to take on frac crimes by Encana (Ovintiv)?
Where are the criminal charges against the company that frac’d ...
- After Pennsylvania AG Shapiro’s 2 year investigation, frac’er Range Resources pleads “no contest” to environmental crimes, gets tiny slap ($50,000 in fines & $100,000 donation to an NGO to make the criminal look good).
Where are criminal charges against Encana for breaking every law and rule in Alberta in place to protect our drinking water? Why is Encana/Ovintiv (and it’s sibling, the AER) above the law in Canada?
In my case, Chief Justice Neil C. Wittmann, ruled that I cannot sue the 100% industry-funded AER but ruled that ...
- New study: “Hazardous substances as the dominant non-methane volatile organic compounds with potential emissions from liquid storage tanks during well fracturing.” What toxic frac shit are we breathing, bathing in, ingesting? This study says lots, including red blood cell destroyer, naphthalene (found in my water after Encana/now Ovintiv’s illegal aquifer fracs).
First, a bit about naphthalene because I unknowingly bathed in water contaminated with it for years after Encana’s secret illegal fracs:
Medlineplus: Naphthalene poisoning
… Poisoning from naphthalene destroys or changes red blood cells so they cannot carry oxygen. This can cause organ damage.
CDC PUBLIC HEALTH STATEMENT on NAPHTHALENE, 1-METHYLNAPHTHALENE, AND 2-METHYLNAPHTHALENE
… You may be exposed ...
- Oil India Gas Well Blowout Unleashes Hell of Spewing Oil & Gas: Huge fire breaks out after leaking “uncontrollably” for 2 weeks; Homes burning; 2500 people evacuated; 5 deaths being investigated; Many health impacts; Endangered river dolphin scorched & dead. Ya sure AER & Encana-Ovintiv, natural gas is “perfectly” safe illegally frac’d loose in our drinking water aquifers and on into our homes
Huge fire breaks out at India gas well blowout, Fire has reportedly spread to homes near well that has been leaking ‘uncontrollably’ for two weeks by Agence France-Presse, June 10, 2020, The Guardian
A plume of smoke rises following an explosion at an oil well operated by the state owned Oil India in Baghjan in the ...
- 4.0M earthquake 31 km SE of High Prairie, Alberta; 10 felt reports, NRC says none. Tweet: “That’s a weird place for a quake.” Tweet: “Probably not with all the fracking that goes on in the area.”
Comments to the CBC News article:
Shawn Bereziuk Reply to @Holley Hardin: And there is no fracking within 200 miles of High Prairie.!!
Neil Korchinski Reply to @Shawn Bereziuk: – So what was that fracking job that I did around Sunset House? A figment of my imagination?
NRC Twitter report and tweets in response snap taken June 9, ...
- Love vs Hate
‘Where Do We Go From Here?’ Martin Luther King’s question rings forth. As do his teachings on power and love by Andrew Nikiforuk, June 5, 2020, TheTyee.ca
Tyee contributing editor Andrew Nikiforuk is an award-winning journalist whose books and articles focus on epidemics, the energy industry, nature and more.
Martin Luther King: ‘Now, we got to get ...
- Another new study: Living near oil & gas wells tied to low birth weights in infants, adds to growing body of evidence linking proximity to oil & gas to adverse health outcomes, including heart defects, cancer …
Living near oil and gas wells tied to low birth weights in infants by Kara Manke, June 3, 2020
Living near active oil and gas wells may put pregnant people at higher risk of having low birth weight babies, especially in rural areas, finds a new study of birth outcomes in California.
The study, funded by the ...
- Paul Butler: “This is not about enforcing law. It’s about enforcing white supremacy.” The New York Times: “How the Supreme Court lets cops get away with murder.” Roxanne Gay: “A hashtag is not a vaccine for white supremacy.” Linda Tirado: “It was police who shot me, not protesters.” Slate: “Police errupt in violence nationwide.”
“The system’s not broken; the system was built this way.” Of course it was! Just like it was built to piss on the poor, women, the environment and the Rule of Law itself
“Hey look Ma!! Racists won!!” Ontario Law Society’s Statement of Principles (SOP) abolished by dinosaurs. “Shows how corrupt our legal (definitely not ...
- Study: Covid-19 outbreak risk in Italy: Role of chronic air pollution levels
AER’s new dickhead Laurie Pushor off to Kenney-wanna-be-Trump races: “No Duty of Care” AER abuses Covid-19 crisis to deregulate oilpatch and foothills coal mining. (Stephen Cousin’s sketch may offend some, but it’s too perfect not to add to this vulgar news.)
Air Pollution in the time of Covid-19: In the Shadows of America’s Smokestacks, Virus Is ...
- Texas: Amazing Sharon Wilson SLAPPED for speaking out against frac’ing: “It’s not against the law to ridicule people who are being ridiculous.”
Sharon Wilson (SLAPPED for speaking out against fracking) by Protect the Protest, May 2020
Sharon Wilson is a fifth generation Texan and is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She works for the nonprofit advocacy organization Earthworks. Please visit her blog at http://www.texassharon.com.
Answers edited for length and clarity. Pete ...
- USA: Lying polluting big oil suffers two big legal losses
“Typical” industry lies and promises translated:
A landmark lawsuit against Big Oil is back from the dead by Shannon Osaka, May 28, 2020, Grist
Zombies can rise from the dead and apparently climate lawsuits can, too. On Tuesday, a federal court breathed new life into a lawsuit by Californian cities against Big Oil.
The powerful Ninth Circuit Court ...
- New study: Frac chemicals in farm water linked to rare birth defect in horses; The implications for human health are “worrisome” say researchers.
Environmental surveillance and adverse neonatal health outcomes in foals born near unconventional natural gas development activity by Kathleen R. Mullen, Brianna N. Rivera, Lane G. Tidwell, Renata Ivanek, Kim A Anderson, and Dorothy Mr. Ainsworth, August 20, 2020, Science of the Total Environment, Vol 731, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.138497
A high prevalence of dysphagia (milk aspiration) in neonatal foals ...
- If raped or frac’d and not rich or powerful, we get betrayed and abused by judges, lawyers, and the predator-led judicial industry
‘It’s outrageous’: inside an infuriating Netflix series on Jeffrey Epstein, Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich synthesizes legal information with first-person testimony of the billionaire’s abuse and bought immunity into a shocking watch by Adrian Horton, May 27, 2020, The Guardian
Jeffrey Epstein and Donald Trump pose together at the Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. Photograph: Davidoff Studios Photography/Getty ...
- Yet another study proves how toxic frac waste water is, finds 201 compounds in it, including carcinogens, that can “directly contaminate drinking water sources”
“.…scientists at The University of Texas at Arlington, shows that many of the chemicals found in produced water ( i.e. fracking waste-water ) are carcinogens, solvents and petroleum distillates that can directly contaminate drinking water sources.…”
… “It could be that a molecule can be still very toxic even if present at very low concentration, or ...
- Super stupid and “savagely” nasty UCP. Grand Chief Stewart Phillip: “Alberta Energy Minister Sonya Savage should resign…TMX simply does not have consent of all impacted Indigenous Nations, and that is not going to change because of COVID-19.”
UBCIC Responds to Alberta Energy Minister’s Cavalier Commentary Regarding Ease of Building TMX During Pandemic Press Release by Union of BC Indian Chiefs, May 27, 2020
((Xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ilwətaʔɬ/sel̓ílwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh)/Vancouver, B.C. – May 27, 2020)
The Union of BC Indian Chiefs (UBCIC) responded to Alberta Energy Minister Sonya Savage’s recent comments on the ...
- “Polluter” Shell & “Penny Stock” Pieridae to retry their sour gas marriage, coached by AER, funded by “Loser” AIMCo. Stewart Shields: “Alberta Conservative gov’ts becoming recognized as the worst petroleum managers in the free world—as this story by the famous Andrew Nikiforuk describes so pointedly!!”
A few excellent comments on ASRG’s FB page:
Another well researched “follow the money”article by Andrew Nikiforuk. Every generation has it’s share of snake oil salesmen but Sorrensen may be one of the best. To sell an idea of pipelining Alberta gas to the Nova Scotia coast to grown adults in government and high financial ...
- This is so special, and kind, caring, positively Canadian. Thank you Les at Costco in Edmonton!
Nathanfillion May 22, 2020, Instagram
The other day in Canada, a woman buying gas at a Costco had trouble with her credit card. The attendant bought her gas out of his own pocket and asked only that she pay it forward. That Costco was in Edmonton, that attendant was Les Thompson, and Les? That woman was ...
- Today, May 22, 2020: “Frackland” webinar (12 pm EDT; 5 pm BST)
Pennsylvanian communities impacted by fracking make plea to Irish politicians by Leitrim Observer reporter, 21 May 2020
Love Leitrim is highlighting a live-stream webinar called “Frackland” which will see communities in Pennsylvania outlining the impact of fracking on their lives.
This Friday May 22nd communities in Pennsylvania will make a direct plea to Irish politicians to say ...
- “Water is PPE.” Treasure yours, if you have some.
Here’s my “PPE” after Encana now Ovintiv illegally frac’d my community’s drinking water aquifers in 2004, enabled by the law violating AER and Alberta Environment, and politicians:
2006 Photo by Colin Smith
‘Water Is PPE’: Water.org Co-Founders Matt Damon and Gary White Explain Why Accessing Clean Water Is Crucial To Fighting Coronavirus by Madeleine Carlisle, May 21, ...
- AER’s new “Dickhead” Laurie Pushor off to Kenney-wanna-be-Trump races: “No Duty of Care” AER abuses Covid-19 crisis to deregulate oilpatch and foothills coal mining. (Stephen Cousin’s sketch may offend some, but it’s too perfect not to add to this vulgar news.)
Comment by a citizen in BC:
Terrible, tragic news. Such blatant, transparent, hypocritical corruption. This comment is very wise: “Desperation from an oil state is a very dangerous thing.”
Just wait, there’ll be many more AER Covid-19 deregulatory abuses ahead. I expect AER will piss on the “sunset” date, like they piss on the rule of law ...
- Industry’s and misogyny’s loyal Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Terrorists?): “Screw the Rule of Law”
RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Ought to be the RCMT = Royal Canadian Mounted Terrorists
The RCMP … in Deep Again – A Mair Usque Ad Mare – That Is to Say: ‘From Sea to Sea’ by Robin Mathews, May 20, 2020, American Herald Tribune
In British Columbia, as Gary Mason points out in the May 16 ...
- Air Pollution in the time of Covid-19: In the Shadows of America’s Smokestacks, Virus Is One More Deadly Risk
A few tweets in response:
Leslie Sayima Dreamer@earthspeakorg May 17 Replying to @HirokoTabuchi and @KendraWrites
Scientists may be ‘racing,’ but politicians NOT
Dorothy Dent@organicdot May 18 Replying to @HirokoTabuchi and @SierraClub
Disaster profiteering in the days of No EPA enforcement and an administration steeped in racist appointment And copied by Alberta’s Oil Patch Polluted Premier, Jason Kenney, in Canada.
- Norges Bank blacklists CNRL, Cenovus (split from Encana – now Ovinvtiv – after Ernst lawsuit filed), Suncor and Imperial Oil from Gov’t Pension Fund Global for unacceptable carbon emissions in Alberta’s tarsands. Updated with tar-pimping by Ms. Southern and Alex Pourbaix, CEO Cenovus.
Comment from a citizen in Victoria, BC:
Yesssssss! Now for Cdn govt to stop stupid subsidies, and Canadian Pension Plan to divest!
How will KKKenney ‘n CAPP eat this powerful news? Lie ‘n blast a lot? Down go Alberta’s heavy water wasting, polluting tarsands! Is this why KKKenney is stealing pensions from teachers and others, and ...
- Frac’ing Riches to Rags for Shell and how much hell and toxic harm for families and communities, Sells Pennsylvania shale assets for neat and tidy $4.1 Billion (90%) loss.
Shell Exits The Marcellus Shale, Losing $4.1 Billion And Raising Questions by Josh Young, May 5, 2020, Seeking Alpha
Shell is selling their Pennsylvania Marcellus asset for $541 million.
They bought it for $4.7 billion dollars.
Divestiture seems poorly timed considering North American natural gas fundamentals versus the rest of Shell’s business.
Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) is selling their Pennsylvania Marcellus ...
- Gas stoves are a major source of indoor air pollution, exposing millions of people to “pollution in their homes that would be illegal outdoors.” No wonder industry fights to prevent regulation of stoves fueled with their foul products!
“Ventilation can help, but it isn’t enough”
Any asthmatics in your family? You might want to get rid of your “clean” gas stove!
Imagine the harmful cumulative health effects caused by cooking with a gas stove while living in a frac field. And, what if your gas supply is frac’d and radioactive?
Gas stoves can generate unsafe levels ...
- May 8, 2020, Noon Pacific Time: Online Screening of Byron Dueck’s film, Valley of the Southern North: A love letter to NEBC’s Peace Valley and the people and creatures that make it home.
Online Screening & Conversation May 8, 2020
Join us and eat your lunch with us on May 8 while you are physically distancing. The 19-minute film, Valley of the Southern North, is a love letter to The Peace Valley and the people and creatures that make it their home. This screening will be followed by a ...
- Is it wise to threaten America’s biggest banks with an election looming? GOP gang go after banks for refusing to finance going down the drain, harmful fossil fuel projects.
GOP lawmakers target banks’ refusal to fund fossil fuel projects, “You think this is a cost-free action? Let’s see about that,” Alaska’s Dan Sullivan said in an interview by Anthony Adragna, May 5, 2020, Politico
Congressional Republicans are planning to launch a counter pressure campaign against the country’s largest banks after several of them ruled out ...
- Broomfield Colorado: To learn the true abusive nature of the frac beast & judicial industry enabling the beast, read this: Sheltering frac’d at home from Coronavirus has families frightened for their lives. Rightly so with published research showing air pollution dramatically increases Covid-19 fatalities, never mind living frac’d with an “evacution plan in chaos.”
Sheltering Near Fracking, Coronavirus has these retirees sheltering in place. A frack site nearby has them scared for their lives by Emily Pontecorvo and Naveena Sadasivam, May 5, 2020, Grist
This post has been updated to include a comment from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, which was received after publication.
It’s brutal living with frac pollutions ...
- Criminal Synergy strikes PA: Inflection Energy enters plea for allowing 63,000 gallons frac waste to pollute (dumped into?) Loyalsock Creek tributary, pays $55,000 (peanuts) in fines and donations (to make the polluter & frac’ing look good?).
When will NGOs and conservation groups start saying “No Thank you!” to law violating polluting oil and gas and frac companies? Accepting such “donations” enables the harms and pollution (often intentional dumping) to continue, if not escalate. Say “NO!”
AG Shapiro: Inflection Energy to Pay $40,000 To Conservation Groups For Polluting Lycoming County Water by David ...
- Bravo Northern Ireland! And then there were none.
This post is dedicated to Aiden Mahoney of Newfoundland, terribly sorry we lost you last night. I expect you’re smiling about this big frac free news as you venture on your way. Aiden was the funniest jolliest person I’ve met and a wonderful photographer.
Condolences to Aiden’s loved ones.
And then there were none by Tom White, ...
- Novel coronavirus hitching rides on particles of air pollution?
Brilliant quote by Texas Sharon, April 28, 2020:
We can and must do better than going back to normal.
Normal is the problem.
Global coronavirus death toll could be 60% higher than reported, Mortality statistics show 122,000 deaths in excess of normal levels across 14 countries analysed by the FT by John Burn-Murdoch, Valentina Romei and Chris ...
- Alberta Premier Jason Pipsqueak Kenney loses it in Covid-19 Presser: Smears The Tyee & 660 News Reporter Tom Ross for asking a vital question that many would like an honest answer to.
Definition “pipsqueak” in British English:
a person or thing that is insignificant or contemptible.
Comment by a rural Albertan:
Kenny uttered the thoughts of many Albertans, unfortunately.
They really do think that any mention of GREEN anything is an afront to their life, livelihoods, culture and identity. AND, anyone uttering the word or concepts is treasonous.
Kenney’s nastiness, followed ...
- Yet another new study: USA Permian Frac Basin leaking massive amounts of methane, “the largest source ever observed in an oil and gas field,” more than double federal estimates. How many decades will the frac fraud go on for and why do NGOs and synergy groups keep enabling the fraud?
Quantifying methane emissions from the largest oil-producing basin in the United States from space by Yuzhong Zhang, Ritesh Gautam, Sudhanshu Pandey, Mark Omara, Joannes D. Maasakkers, Pankaj Sadavarte, David Lyon, Hannah Nesser, Melissa P. Sulprizio, Daniel J. Varon, Ruixiong Zhang, Sander Houweling, Daniel Zavala-Araiza, Ramon A. Alvarez, Alba Lorente, Steven P. Hamburg, Ilse Aben and ...
- BlackRock Takes Command; “Literacy is Power,” meanwhile Alberta’s AIMCo Loses $4 Billion on bet gone wrong. Bet gone wrong or laundering (aka stealing) more money from ordinary citizens and pensioners to give to the rich?
Teachers! Do what you can to keep your pensions out of AIMCo & KKKenney’s filthy lucre lustie fingers!
Kenney & UCP: Don’t you dare touch my CPP! Alberta has stolen enough of my career, life, health, loved ones and home, frac’ing them.
First, these must reads:
2019 08 01: World’s Biggest Fund Manager, BlackRock, lost $90 Billion ...
- “The liar tweets tonight.” No, it’s not KKKenney, Tom Olsen, Tyler Shandro, Jason Nixon, Matt Wolf, Alberta’s War Room, Encana (now Ovintiv) …
… He says, “Hush you doctors, hush reporters. Hush you science nerds …”
“Everyone can get a test.”
“It’s just the flu!!!”
… “It’s a hoax like all the rest.” …
The Liar Tweets Tonight by Roy Zimmerman, Apr 21, 2020 I listened again with my noise cancelling headphones. wow. superb harmonies, instruments, a top notch production!
Come on America!
- Are Covid-19 fatalities a measure of the oil & gas industry’s killing power? More and more studies prove how deadly & dishonest the industry is. Message to CAPP & AER: It’s not “odours” killing us, it’s pollution, including nitrogen dioxide.
Worldometers update April 20, 2020
Nitrogen dioxide (NO2) pollution…“may be one of the most important contributors to fatality caused by the COVID-19” a recent study found after analyzing death cases from 66 administrative regions in Italy, Spain, France, and Germany. “Results show that out of the 4443 fatality cases, 3487 (78%) were in five regions located in ...
- An excellent read on Covid-19 and nature by Dr. John Ross, prof, dept emergency medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
The chemical blob that changed humanity by Dr. John Ross, Apr 16, 2020, Chronicle Herald
Microscopic view of the COVID-19 coronavirus, a pathogen that attacks the respiratory tract. – Postmedia News
It is crazy what an invisible particle made of fat, protein, and RNA — despite lacking a nervous system, consciousness or intent — has done to ...
- A message to Premier Jason Kenney from Alberta workers
Did Kenney and his lying corrupt abusive UCP intentionally order rejected toxic, defective PPE for Alberta’s medical workers while giving away (and arrogantly serving political self interests) the locally made safe functional stuff? Sick creeps.
Comment by a rural Albertan: In the CBC article , this quote is enraging – it’s exactly what KKKenney has ...
- That goofy letter from Kingston to Jason Kenney: Kenney has lied so many times now I don’t believe anything he spews forth, certainly not the letter and $1,000 donation he says he was sent.
Did Kenney’s War Room set this up? How much did they pay for it? Ontario couple who mailed $1,000 cheque to Alberta come forward by CTV News, April 17, 2020. Make sure to put clothes pegs on your nose if you listen to the couple.
The oil and gas industry is destroying Canada, leaving toxic leaking ...
- Going Going Seized? US Banks prep to take over energy assets as frac boom fracs to bits. Why didn’t Alberta, BC, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Ontario, etc, do this years ago?
What does frac’ing do best? Polluting us while going bankrupt: “Staggering” $86Billion in debt maturities coming due. Investors now have “risk aversion” to the sector.
Frac industry is damaging the oil & gas economy. When flipping for a profit fails, frac companies file for bankruptcy, which in turn deters lenders. “Wall Street has basically completely turned ...
- Alberta Premier Jason Kenney clusterfucks it up – again. “If Kenney’s path to the federal PMO is paved in N95 face masks, it proves how much stupid he’s willing to do to satisfy [h]is angry dwarf ego.”
Definition clus·ter·fuck : a disastrously mishandled situation or undertaking.
Warning, this is a nauseating read. Prep your vomit buckets. Kenney ‘n Harper coniving with Trump to force the oil and gas industry’s health-harming polluting bankrupting “economy” on humanity, no matter how many Covid-19 fatalities, including first responders and health care workers? “Let’s all die together” to ...
- Women vs coronavirus
Choir of Women Physicians sings RISE AGAIN (virtually) by Voices Rock Canada! Premiered Apr 8, 2020, song written by Cape Breton’s Leon Dubinsky
Thank you to the incredible healthcare community!
Voices Rock Medicine, our very own choir of women physicians has put together this heartfelt tribute, dedicated to the superheroes of Canadian healthcare, and beyond.
Help us ...
- Nasty selfish oil patch polluted Alberta: Some things never change
Notice the licence plate:
Unfortunately, thanks to Alberta’s many selfishly rotten ultra-conservative/republican citizens and the dirty politicians they vote for like Jason Kenney, the corrupt, law-violating, non-regulating AER, and the law-violating, polluting oil industry, Alberta’s air, food, land and water are not clean.
Suddenly an independent Alberta doesn’t seem so appealing by Gillian Steward, April 7, 2020, ...
- Covid-19 takes John Prine.
Beautiful tributes with brilliant Prine words and music at link:
In Memoriam April 7, 2020·1 hour ago
Grammy-winning singer-songwriter John Prine dies from coronavirus complications
Grammy-winning singer-songwriter John Prine dies from coronavirus complicationsPrine, who was placed in intensive care after a sudden onset of COVID-19 symptoms, died of complications related to the virus on Tuesday aged 73, ...
- New research on Covid-19: Are you and your loved ones frac’d? Air pollution linked to 15 percent higher coronavirus death rates
COVID-19 PM2.5, A national study on long-term exposure to air pollution and COVID-19 mortality in the United States
Exposure to air pollution and COVID-19 mortality in the United States (Updated April 5, 2020) Press Release by Harvard University
Background: United States government scientists estimate that COVID-19 may kill between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans. The majority of the pre-existing ...
- Covid-19: Economy-wrecker Steve Harper create this conniving Kenney War Room press release? Mighty evil conning Albertans during a pandemic. Shut the frac’ing lying room down, transfer the $100 million plus to health care.
Kenney & Harper need to go back to school to learn some math and honesty. Of course the dutiful media (on the war room’s payroll?) published the war room’s horrid covid-19 lies.
Here’s the war room’s press release, you do the math.
Kenney n CAPP et al made the War Room unFOIPable, so no one can ...
- BC’s Site C Dam: Overtime pay to lure in workers? With free temperature checks and 150 rooms reserved for quarantine? No details on how covid-19 asymptomatic workers will be identified or how many families will be infected when workers head home.
Susan De@SusanFDeThey must be having trouble finding workers if they have to pay overtime for 8 week shifts. Maybe most will just rather stay home?
Overtime pay, temperature checks at Site C Dam by Alaska Highway News, Mar 30, 2020
Crews at Site C working through the COVID-19 pandemic will be on an extended shift rotation ...
- Damn it. Covid-19: John Prine’s “situation is critical”
Is Monster Orange (Trump) making sure New York doesn’t get the required supplies, letting New Yorkers die from covid-19 because they are smart enough not to vote for him? Meanwhile, the monster is giving hundreds of billions of dollars in gifts and deregulation to the lung-and-heart-decimating, law-violating, morally bankrupt oil and gas industry.
As of April ...
- Rule-of-law-when-it-suits-them: Trump order this for his pals to stretch their selfish greedy pockets even more while escalating pollution that’s already risking the lungs & lives of millions? Covid-19 can be brutal on healthy lungs, never mind lungs poisoned by fossil fuels.
Will Kopy Kat Kenney, Premier of Alberta, order AER to do the same, John Horgan, Premier of BC, order OGC, etc etc etc.?
Covid-19 deaths and new cases in USA as of 5:30pm, March 28, 2020:
Trump’s Environmental Rollbacks Find Opposition Within: Staff Scientists, Federal scientists and lawyers, told to undo regulations that some have worked on ...
- AER picks next “Dickhead” (Pres & CEO): “Back Door” Laurie Pushor, reportedly scandle-corroded pisser on rules, conflict of interest old white man, was Alberta gov’t official under Ralph Klein, is Saskatchewan’s Deputy Minister Energy & Resources and on the Board of STEP, Sask Trade & ***Export*** Partnership
Will AER be paying Pushor and his wife to travel to and from work, like they paid past Pres & CEO Jim Ellis?
Lots more Pushor crud out there, if you google around.
New Alberta Energy Regulator CEO was central figure in Saskatchewan scandal, Laurie Pushor’s appointment will not help restore AER’s scandalized reputation: MLAs by Jennie Russell, ...
- Gillian Hnatiw, Canadian lawyer, female: “Fundamentally, the law is about power – who has it, who gets it, and how they are allowed to wield it. … Yet evidence of misogyny remains all around us. Lest anyone forget, there is a self-confessed sexual predator in the White House. … In Canada, we’re not faring a whole lot better…. All of our political leaders are men.”
Gillian Hnatiw speech at the 20th Toronto Lawyers Association Awards Gala March 5, 2020, Legal Matters
The following speech was delivered by Gillian Hnatiw at the 2020 Toronto Lawyers Association Annual gala, as she accepted the Honsberger Award, given to a lawyer who exemplifies knowledge, community and advocacy.
My thanks to the Toronto Lawyers Association for recognizing ...
- Here comes the Orange Easter Killer Bunny
Why Trump’s plan is more than just sacrificing old people, it’s guaranteed to destroy the nation by Mark Sumner, March 25, 2020, Daily Kos
Donald Trump is suggesting that we should rescind efforts at coronavirus suppression in order to “save” the economy, while Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick of Texas calls on patriotic grandparents to sacrifice themselves to drive up the Dow. Across the ...
- Covid-19 cases in profit-before-public-health UK sky rocket: 28 new deaths in last 24 hours include 47 and 21 year olds, both with no underlying health conditions. Ontario: Two 20 year olds in ICU. It’s a powerful time to practice love – stay home, put others first!
2 more deaths, 170 new cases of COVID-19 in Ontario as officials warn number could ‘go up again’, Province says there have been 15 deaths and 8 cases that are resolved by CBC News, Mar 26, 2020
… Of the people infected, 29 are in ICU in hospital, 20 of them on ventilators. Two of the ...
- Must read on Covid-19 in New York by Craig Spencer MD MPH, Director of Global Health in Emergency Medicine: “Hospitals are nearing capacity. We are running out of ventilators. Ambulance sirens don’t stop.” This will be the same in Canada.
Note: This thread is related to #Coronavirus #COVID19Follow the World Health Organization‘s instructions to reduce your risk of infection:
1/ Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
2/ When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw issue away immediately and wash hands.
3/ Avoid close contact with ...
- Why are more men getting Covid-19 than women? Too many men not washing their hands? Ordered into death camps by gov’ts like BC’s NDP? What happens in the toxic tarshit & Site C dam work camps when the virus invades, if not already there? What when workers take the virus home to their families, spreading it at Calgary’s airport on the way? Installing hand sanitation stations in camps now is way too late.
Much of the world no longer wants Alberta’s toxic tarshit. The work camps, and at Site C, need to be closed until the pandemic ends so as to protect workers and public health.
Tarshit companies made billions and many oil and gas companies, including Encana-Ovintiv-Cenovus, hoard billions in cash. They can pay their workers and ...
- Covid-19: “And the people stayed home,” Cartoons, Pooh & Piglet prepare for quarantine, easy to understand videos. Peter Diamandis, MD: “We’re going to science the shit out of this virus!”
I’ve read in some research papers that the virus seems to like high blood sugar (who/what doesn’t?), perhaps thus why diabetics at high risk (other people at risk to, with impaired breathing/immune system, heart conditions, etc). Best that we do not shop like Piglet and Pooh (see their list below).
And, as comforting as alcohol ...
- They frac you, then abuse you and abuse you and abuse you. Cabot Oil & Gas Corp. pulls out of talks in $5M lawsuit against frac-harmed Ray Kemble in what appears to be a nasty SLAPP
Gas driller pulls out of talks in $5M suit against resident by Associated Press, Mar 5, 2020, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
One of Pennsylvania’s largest gas drillers pulled out of settlement talks aimed at resolving its $5 million lawsuit against a resident whose drinking water was contaminated and who has spent years bashing the energy industry.
Houston, Texas-based Cabot ...
- Covid-19: Wise, loving, succinct, compassionate message from The Physicians of Fox Creek, Alberta
A Message from your local doctors, Message To the People of Fox Creek by March 18, 2020
We, as a community, are facing a crisis and for the rest of our lives we will remember for how we dealt with Covid-19.
The virus seems to control us and it will get much worse. It ...
- Bravo Scotland to scare away Ineos from CBM frac’ing, rendering your drinking water too dangerous to use to flush toilets, never mind bathe in or drink! Companies know healthy communities cannot be divided & conquered with their lies & bribes.
CBM = Coalbed Methane, Natural Gas from Coal (NGC), Coal Seam Gas (CSG). CBM’s terrible impacts are now well known, so companies, gov’ts and regulators like to change its name to con communities into accepting it.
To read some CBM history, science and frac’ing horror shit shows, read Andrew Nikiforuk’s Slick Water.
Andrew Nikiforuk honoured with ...
- Humanity on a roll – backwards: 91% of men, 86% of women hold at least one bias against women in relation to politics, economics, education, violence or reproductive rights. Almost one third of men and women think it’s OK for a man to beat his wife. How many think it’s OK for men to rape & murder women? Too many judges do.
Nine out of 10 people found to be biased against women, Analysis of 75 countries reveals ‘shocking’ scale of global women’s rights backlashGlobal development is supported by Liz Ford, Mar 5, 2020, The Guardian
Almost 90% of people are biased against women, according to a new index that highlights the “shocking” extent of the global backlash ...
- Firestone, Weld Co, Colorado record fine by more than 11 times for industry’s leaking methane caused home explosion killing two, injuring two others. COGCC seeking $18.25 Million against Kerr McGee, subsidiary of Anadarko most recently sold to Occidental Petroleum
Compare to Encana fined nothing by EUB/ERCB/AER for illegaly frac’ing Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers, followed by water wells community-wide contaminated with methane (historic records for my water well and others on file with the regulator say “Gas Present: No”), ethane, and more, and the community water tower blowing up and destroyed in an explosion from ...
- Nothing baffling about Teck’s river-polluting corporate practices
Coal miner Teck says it’s baffled by fish collapse downstream of British Columbia mines, Reports on selenium concentrations in area waterways have levels at the maximum or above drinking water guidelines. Two are four times higher by The Canadian Press, Mar 8, 2020, Calgary Herald
Teck Resources says it’s baffled over the virtual disappearance of a ...
- Minnesota Supreme Court upholds Winona County ban on frac sand mining, disagreeing with a local company that the 2016 ban infringed on their constituional rights. Bravo to Winona County Board for their courage, integrity, ethics and stamina!
Minnesota Supreme Court upholds Winona County ban on frac sand mining, A sand mine business argued that the ban was unconstitutional, but had lost earlier rulings before appealing to the high court by Matt McKinney, Mar 11, 2020, Star Tribune
The Minnesota Supreme Court on Wednesday let stand a Winona County ban on frac sand ...
- Living with Encana (Ovintiv) in Pavillion, Wyoming. Sue Spencer, hydrogeologist: “There’s this veil of secrecy about everything they do. … The oil industry went nuts. ….[the oil lobby] was just like, ‘you can’t say that groundwater was impacted by the fracking industry.’”
“To let this go on for 10 or 15 years and these people still have no water except for a few bottles delivered once a week is just not right.”
In 2006, in the Legislature, Premier of Alberta Ralph Klein promised frac-harmed families permanent safe alternate water but some, eg the Campbells and Zimmermans, never received ...
- Wet’suwet’en, BCCLA & UBCIC release explosive letter. Horgan needs to be called out for causing RCMP shit show of trespass and violence against citizens on their own lands. BC Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General Mike Farnworth directed the heavily armed sniper invasion while Horgan et al keep lying through their frac-rotten teeth, claiming they can’t direct RCMP.
RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police (royal no more).
Over 5900 Professors and Scholars from across Canada and around the world sign “Statement of Solidarity with the Wet’suwet’en people of British Columbia”
Comment to a citizen in BC:
Oh wow,….this letter by the 4 Women below is so compelling – it brings tears to my eyes. ...
- The Alberta gov’t and oil & gas industry are partners in a money laundering scheme. Just another massive subsidy ($100 million this time) to a multi-$billion profiting, horrifically abusive, lying, polluting, job decimating (by automation & greed) industry.
In my view, Kenney is doing whatever it takes, including abusing and stealing from Albertans by slashing health, education, parks and recreation, snatching pensions, etc., to give more and more billions to the ultra rich (mostly foreign, eg Mr. Koch), so that they make Kenney head cheese (PM) of Canada.
A few tweets:
marymaryFlag of Canada ...
- How many Canadian women and children must endure rape and or physical abuse and sexually transmitted diseases to keep the oil patch rolling?
Influx of 4,500 workers raises fears of violence against women in B.C.’s northwest, Women’s shelters in Kitimat, Terrace already operate above capacity while concerns about ‘man camps’ persist by Michelle Ghoussoub, CBC News, Mar 06, 2020
At 26, Jessica McCallum-Miller is the youngest and first Indigenous councillor in Terrace, B.C. She’s worried an influx of people ...
- PA Attorney General Josh Shapiro expending significant investigave resources in pursuit of more than 12 criminal cases involving frac’ing: “some will result in criminal charges in the near future.” Any uncorrupted Attorney Generals in Canada courageous enough to take on frac crimes by Encana (Ovintiv)?
Comment by a frac’d Canadian:
Encana IS at the very top of the Asshole List. Their tentacles reach into many places.
Criminal investigations target shale gas industry by Don Hopey and David Templeton, Mar 3, 2020, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro said he is expending significant investigative resources in pursuit of more than a ...
- No, frac’ing is not safe.
Academia was frac’d years ago; many experts lie – usually sneakily, sometimes super stupidly, even in published papers – and or intentionally ignore the most damning data and evidence to enable industry’s crimes and pollution in exchange for jobs, big money, gifts, ego-fodder, promotions, power etc.
Our regulators were frac’d years ago too. A few ...
- Frac’ers rape the rule of law and gag Canadian First Nations under the guise of “Benefit Agreements”
Frackers Rape the Rule of Law and Gag Canadian First Nations under the Guise of ‘Benefit Agreements’: Case in Point, Coastal GasLink LNG Fracked Gas Pipeline Media Release by BC Tap Water Alliance, March 4, 2020
Vancouver: Since February 2010, the B.C. Tap Water Alliance has called for a ban on fracking (hydraulic fracturing) because it ...
- Time to Boycott Rape Culture Alberta! X-Site (‘Excite’) Energy Ltd. decal depicting rape of Greta Thunberg printed, distributed *without her consent,* posted to X-Site’s Facebook, Instagram; denied after public outrage; next a feeble apology. Canada’s oil patch collared RCMP, as expected, say the decal is acceptable. Gotta let the oil boys satisfy their penis’ wants, no matter how abusive or violent, to keep profits rolling in for the rich.
Comment by an Albertan:
OMG I hadn’t seen the image – it is so offensive, don’t even have the words. The rcmp are wrong – it is not consensual – Greta didn’t consent to it.
RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police, but not so royal anymore.
Comment by a citizen in Saskatchewan:
How would Canadian judges ...
- Frac’ing free-for-all rules the Rule of Law. Fraccidents burden: Trucks hauling wastewater to disposal sites resulted in surge of road fatalities and severe accidents.
In my community during the frac boom, Encana (now Ovintiv) and Trican trucks often raced through the playground zone, sometimes going 90 km/hr in the 30 km/hr zone. One parked vehicle was hit and damaged; residents were nearly killed, including a six year old crossing the highway to catch the school bus – in heavy ...
- AER enables Vesta’s rape of Red Deer River for frac’ing, allows withdrawal of “half a cubic metre of water per second” assaulting residents with 80 decibels “deafening noise” day & night, diesel & light pollution, forcing pilot to sleep in hotel instead of his own home. Appears Vesta is boiling the river for access; thanks to AER, when you catch fish in Alberta now, it’s pre-cooked.
Encana (name-changed to Ovintiv after running away to the USA, but still frac’ing and harming Canadians) was required to obtain licence under The Water Act to divert fresh water from gas wells Encana frac’d into fresh water zones around Rosebud, which would have required consulting with the community to be harmed.
I expect Encana knew ...
- “Bitter denial of justice” is the Canadian Way when it comes to corporate polluters but: Dear Shannon, Québec, Please, keep going! Keep going! Environmental wins in Canada are rare, often tiny, usually insulting to the harmed, but you’ve been treated better by the courts than I have and your lawyers didn’t quit like my lawyers, Murray Klippenstein & Cory Wanless, did.
Dear Shannon, Québec,
I am very sorry your drinking water was contaminated too, and that people in your community became ill, with the courts, regulators and government – so far – failing to do what needs to be done to hold SNC-Lavlin Group Ltd. and the government appropriately accountable.
You have incredible integrity and courage, and ...
- Brilliant mural by AJA Louden on “Crooked Cuttin’ Kenney.” Alberta UCP (“United Clown Posse”) & KKKenney Economics 101: Steal from the poor to fatten the already fat rich polluters
Comment to the article below by Grant V Bablitz: Graphic artists could do quite well drawing cartoons of our Alberta Government and Chrystia Freeland. Jason Kenney is a ruthless mafia Donsky who came to Alberta with envelopes full of cash, he’s a crook. A mural of Kenney with a priest behind him pulling his halo ...
- Protesting is not complaining, it is not sending out negative messages. ‘Pro’ means ‘for,’ ‘in favour of.’ ‘Test’ means, ‘to speak,’ as in testify and testimony. ‘Protest’ means ‘to speak for’ and is a positive endeavor.
The media, politicians, regulators, industry, and industry-controlled (fascist) think tanks and propagandists like KKKenney and his War Room staff like to portray protesters and those speaking out as extreme fringe whiners and job-less, foreign-funded malcontents.
“The truth is that those who step forward to speak their mind are happier and healthier than most.”
Thank you Robin, ...
- RCMP pensions invested in TC Energy (Coastal GasLink P/L)! Canada’s judges’ pensions in frac’d fossil fuels too, including in Ovintiv-Encana? Is that why judges hand out injunctions to the law violators? “There is a definite conflict of interest.”
Pension Pirates on a tear in Alberta! Where’s the RCMP? Too busy protecting their own asses and money while nastily TRESPASSING ON THE MANY HARMED BY OIL & GAS!
Does it get any more terrifying than this? Encana dumping frac water wars on Canadian pensioners? Encana sells troubled Colorado assets for nearly $1 Billion US ...
- BOE Report: Fracking with Jello: Family Propaganda Day at SAIT. Education Alberta style.
Comment from an Alberta prof:
Hi Jessica. Very good identification of an initiative that demeans and degrades formal education and the human dignity of all Albertans.
Comment from an Alberta rancher:
Thanks for this, Jess. I wrote to SAIT, again, to object to this program. If enough people do the same, maybe they will have to listen!