- Protesting is not complaining, it is not sending out negative messages. ‘Pro’ means ‘for,’ ‘in favour of.’ ‘Test’ means, ‘to speak,’ as in testify and testimony. ‘Protest’ means ‘to speak for’ and is a positive endeavor.
The media, politicians, regulators, industry, and industry-controlled (fascist) think tanks and propagandists like KKKenney and his War Room staff like to portray protesters and those speaking out as extreme fringe whiners and job-less, foreign-funded malcontents.
“The truth is that those who step forward to speak their mind are happier and healthier than most.”
Thank you Robin, ...
- RCMP pensions invested in TC Energy (Coastal GasLink P/L)! Canada’s judges’ pensions in frac’d fossil fuels too, including in Ovintiv-Encana? Is that why judges hand out injunctions to the law violators? “There is a definite conflict of interest.”
Pension Pirates on a tear in Alberta! Where’s the RCMP? Too busy protecting their own asses and money while nastily TRESPASSING ON THE MANY HARMED BY OIL & GAS!
Does it get any more terrifying than this? Encana dumping frac water wars on Canadian pensioners? Encana sells troubled Colorado assets for nearly $1 Billion US ...
- BOE Report: Fracking with Jello: Family Propaganda Day at SAIT. Education Alberta style.
Comment from an Alberta prof:
Hi Jessica. Very good identification of an initiative that demeans and degrades formal education and the human dignity of all Albertans.
Comment from an Alberta rancher:
Thanks for this, Jess. I wrote to SAIT, again, to object to this program. If enough people do the same, maybe they will have to listen!
- Pension Pirates on a tear in Alberta! Where’s the RCMP?
Kenney also said that while his government believes in free market solutions, it would look at ways to directly invest in the energy sector due to “existential threats.”
He did not provide details.
“We will, as a government, be assessing in which ways we may need to ensure future investment in the Canadian energy sector to ensure ...
- Why is LNG being pimped around the world to the tune of $Trillions as more and more investors & communities say no to frac’ing and fossil fuels? Calls into question motivations of gov’ts and companies–do they just want to assert power?
Jimmy Carter Put Solar Panels on His Farmland and They’re Now Powering Half of His Georgia Hometown, Where the former president used to grow crops, 3,852 solar panels were put up to capture the Georgia sunlight, providing more than 50 percent of Plains’ energy
Wet’suwet’en: The canary in the Canadian fossil fuel cage, The era of ...
- Jason Kenney is so full of shit, it’s a wonder he doesn’t spend all his time in the toilet. Teck does only smart thing possible given the pathetic economics and investors globally rejecting fossil fuels; Withdraws Frontier Tarshit project. Excellent, now Teck can clean up its toxic pollution in BC and heed court orders against the company.
I don’t believe what Teck wrote in their letter withdrawing the project. I expect Teck knows there’s not an investment firm in the world that would have funded their tar mine, emissions/climate protection promises and unified Canada or not. I also expect Teck was waiting for Trudeau to give the company $billions like he gave ...
- OH RACIST CANADA: RCMP in Wet’suwet’en Nation call their rifles “Reconciliation Sticks.” BC tells victims of violent corporate heavily armed sniper invasion and arrests to sit and chat with their abusers! That’s more abuse! Karla Tait, Unist’ot’en Member: “Had the province intervened to confirm the reports’ [COASTAL GASLINK’S] shortcomings, they could have prevented the [RCMP’s] injunction enforcement, sparing us the violent removal from our lands and sparing the country the subsequent economic pressures of solidarity actions.”
Some excellent comments to The Tyee article:
The RCMP have been overheard in the Wet’suwet’en Nation calling their rifles “Reconciliation Sticks”. This was reported on the CBC Vancouver Island morning radio program February 21, 2020.
Forced to discuss what? The EAO, the governing NDP, Horgan and Heyman, just don’t get it. Their colonial minds (covert racism) still ...
- JP Morgan leaked report has dire warnings for human race. Then, quit giving the fossil fuel sector so much money! JP Morgan was one of 33 financial institutions that gave estimated total of $1.9tn to fossil fuel sector between 2016 and 2018
The earth is on an unsustainable trajectory; something must change for humans to survive.
Individual actions are not enough, we need government action.
Fossil fuel funders aren’t looking at the man in the mirror.
World’s Biggest Fossil Fuel Funder Notes Climate Change Could End ‘Human Life as We Know it’ by Brian Kahn, Feb 21, 2020, gizmodo
- “This is totally wild.” Coastal GasLink’s final Technical Data Report for their pipeline being rammed through Wet’suwet’en territory rejected by B.C. Environmental Assessment Office due to omission of significant economic, environmental, social and health impacts. Where cumulative impacts evaluated? What will Trudeau, Horgan, Scheer, Kenney, CGL and RCMP do now? Apologize on their knees? Kanenhariyo Seth LaFort: “When you ask for the rule of law, then you have to follow it yourself. You cannot remove people from their own lands at the end of a gun. A crime has been committed, and the RCMP are the criminals.”
OH RACIST ABUSIVE CANADA: RCMP in Wet’suwet’en Nation call their rifles “Reconciliation Sticks.”
Sean Carleton@SeanCarletonBREAKING: “Coastal GasLink’s final Technical Data Report for the pipeline they plan to build through Wet’suwet’en territory has now been rejected by the B.C. Environmental Assessment Office.” This is totally wild. Your move, @jjhorgan , @JustinTrudeau
To summarize, CLG, without enviro ...
- Legal scholar Joshua Sealy-Harrington “totally eviscerates” Murray Klippenstein’s arguments. It revolts me that my public interest lawsuit is being destroyed by Klippenstein pissing on Law Society Rule 2.09 to enable racism. After abruptly quitting my lawsuit more than 500 days ago, he *still* has not sent me my case files. What tune would Klippenstein sing if all the bias/prejudice was directed at Mennonite lawyers?
Comment by an Alberta:
ABlawg: Klippenstein gets his professional ass handed back to him
Comment to Sealy-Harrington’s brilliant piece by a citizen in BC:
Holy complete rebuttals, Batman! This piece by Joshua Sealy-Harrington totally eviscerates Murray’s lame arguments.
One of my fave bits: “There simply isn’t an apolitical term for describing racial identity. For this reason, Mr. Klippenstein’s ...
- Terrorism by Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) against Land & Water Protectors in 2013 in New Brunswick, in 2020 in BC, and at Ernst’s home in Alberta in 2009. “The people who filed the complaint in 2013 have yet to see the report…a seven-year delay in justice is unacceptable.” Ridiculous delays, including by our courts, are common in No Rule of Law Canada.
Report finds stops, searches of protesters ‘unlawful’: “Watchdog, The report that has been completed is absolutely explosive,” Grand Chief Stewart Phillip said at a news conference in Vancouver by The Canadian Press, Feb 20, 2020, Vancouver Sun
VANCOUVER — A civilian police watchdog has released what Indigenous advocates in support of the Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs ...
- Down down down goes LNG!~ It “looks to be a damp squib.” In Permian Basin of West Texas and New Mexico, gas “prices have slid below zero…that means producers are paying others to take their supply.”
Dictionary reports that a squib is a small firecracker.
Bye Bye Canadian LNG? Bye Bye Need for Site C? China introduces new incentives for domestic production of tight and shale gas and CBM
Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: Wet’suwet’en Raids: Canada Chooses Colonialism Again, A future of reconciliation is now squandered along with our billions propping up ...
- Diana Daunheimer: “It’s clear, the UCP doesn’t give two cents about public health, environmental protection, liability management, property rights, industrial compliance, sustainable water management or emissions mitigation. The UCP are petrol molls, simple as that.”
Excellent comments to the CBC article below, notably those by Diana Daunheimer:
JR follow to John Rock
First place to cut should have been the useless war room. Total waist of $30 MILLION $
The conservatives will never wake up to the fact that trickle down economics does not work. How many provinces will they destroy chasing this ...
- USA oil & gas produced 1.02 trillion gallons wastewater in 2017 (2.8 billion gallons daily). “The fluid can be several times saltier than ocean water, and it can also be contaminated with drilling chemicals, minerals and radioactive material…. About 1% was reused…as drilling fluid or frack fluid.”
How much in Canada? How much in Alberta?
Perhaps Kenney/CAPP’s War Room will dig into it.
Wastewater levels rise 15% as storage space runs out by Mike Soraghan, E&E News, February 18, 2020
The amount of wastewater created by oil and gas wells has increased in recent years, according to a new estimate, but not ...
- What does frac’ing do best? Polluting us while going bankrupt: “Staggering” $86Billion in debt maturities coming due. Investors now have “risk aversion” to the sector.
Bankruptcy risks rise for US shale, Credit crunch looms for producers as ‘staggering’ amount of debt nears maturity by Derek Brower, Feb 19, 2020, Financial Times
Bankruptcy risks in the US shale sector are rising, with weak oil prices and tightening access to credit worsening the outlook for some producers just as a “staggering” $86bn in ...
- To enable profit-raping & pollution by the oil & gas industry, Canada’s politicians pimp the rule of law, while they, industry, the rich, our courts and regulators piss on it, us, our rights, our families and communities.
Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: Wet’suwet’en Raids: Canada Chooses Colonialism Again, A future of reconciliation is now squandered along with our billions propping up LNG.
Stop using the ‘rule of law’ as a weapon against Indigenous peoples by Corey Shefman, Feb 19, 2020, The Globe and Mail
Corey Shefman is a lawyer at Olthuis Kleer Townshend ...
- Fracking is dangerous to our health, has ruined the lives of many. Workers “developed cancer, sores and skin lesions, chronic headaches and nausea, numbness in fingertips and face, and ‘joint pain like fire.'”
Fracking is dangerous to our health by Stephen Olin, Lancaster Township, February 19, 2020, Lancaster Online
Anyone who’s seen “Gasland” or “Gasland Part II” (available on YouTube, Netflix, Amazon or PBS) knows about the health and environmental risks of fracking that have ruined so many Americans’ lives over the past decade.
But most people aren’t aware ...
- “The train-wreck industry, a vital component of the Canadian economy….” CN execs demand federal gov’t take immediate action against protesters so it can resume derailing tankers and spilling oil on unceded Indigenous lands; Meanwhile, another CN derailment in Ontario, 5 of 30 cars derailed leaking crude oil, evacuations, school closed.
After second crude oil derailment near Guernsey SK (first spilled 1.5 Million litres; second 1.2 1.6 Million litres), Canadian gov’t orders trains carrying dangerous goods to slow down, but only for 30 days, maybe less (’til the toxic frac fumes fade?)
Spill from latest Sask. oil train ...
- Another new study unravels oil & gas industry lies: Levels of fossil methane naturally released are about 10 times lower than previously reported while man-made are 25-40% higher! Benjamin Hmiel: “We’ve identified a gigantic discrepancy.”
How is Jason Kenney’s propaganda war room going to spin this one?
How much of Encana (now Ovintiv)’s frac’d methane is leaking via contaminated water wells in my community? How much in other communities in North America?
Diana Daunheimer’s Excellent Summation of AER & CAPP’s Evil Synergy Alberta as to why Trudeau govt caves in to ...
- Rule of Law Kaput in Canada? It is in Alberta & BC. David Climenhaga: “Indigenous Canadians have been lied to, betrayed and abused so many times their forbearance and patience with those of us of immigrant stock is truly remarkable.”
Tweet by Mathew Schmaltz: “I grew up rich. My parents cheated on their taxes. I smoked weed in front of cops; Ain’t nobody getting ‘rule of law’-ed in 1% land. So when the CPC advocate for ‘Rule of Law’ for First Nations protestors; sorry, if I call bullshit. Hashtag Selective Enforcement.”
We do face a national ...
- Stinky, Sleazy & Creepy: Kenney’s war room records office is Calgary law firm Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP. Danny Yeoman: “War room is a GIANT WASTE OF MONEY…we’re having to lay off thousands of people to pay for it.”
CEC (aka War Room) Records address:
525 8 Ave SW #2400, Calgary, AB T2P 1G1 Phone: (403) 260-0100
The saddest most unforgivable thing in this whole embarrassing episode is that it was the same $30 million dollars from the carbon tax that was funding a solar and efficiency ...
- The Globe and Mail on Kenney’s flop of a war room: “The centre is not salvageable. It should be closed.” Great solution but CAPP will never allow it.
CAPP = Lying propagandizing Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
A few of the comments:
Such an interesting and unfortunately hilarious parallel between the neocon governments of Alberta and Ontario who both have at the helm stupid men who took over from very capable female premiers as a backlash against intelligent decision making.
It seems all these idiots ...
- Canada’s Corrupt Cops Invade Wet’suwet’en: RCMP & snipers drunk on abusing power; Video captures officer pointing gun at unarmed Denzel Sutherland-Wilson and Anne Spice (RCMP stupidly deny it). Julie Ali: “Absolutely disgusting. Stop threatening them.”
Canadians support Wet’suwet’en and chant: “When justice fails, block the rails.”
Child-sex tourism continues to rise in Canada and abroad: two year study. “In Canada, indigenous women and children are especially vulnerable and are often moved around to be exploited near oil rigs”
Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: ...
- Frac’ers’ Rule of Law? Oregon: Chemical Waste Management illegally dumped 2.5 million pounds radioactive frac waste from North Dakota company, Goodnight Midstream. Lucky law violators get no fine!
2.5M Pounds Of Radioactive Waste Illegally Dumped In Oregon Landfill by Monica Samayoa, Follow OPB, Feb. 14, 2020, Oregon Public Broadcasting
The Oregon Department of Energy has issued a notice of violation to a hazardous waste facility for accepting more than 2 million pounds of radioactive materials east of the Columbia River Gorge.
Chemical Waste Management, a ...
- Tyendinaga Mohawk Kanenhariyo (English name: Seth Lefort) to MP Marc Miller: “You had an illegal judge make an illegal injunction. … And had the RMCP, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, militarized police, that are underneath the jurisdiction of the Crown, enter those territories with helicopters and AR-15s [assault rifles] on peaceful people living in their own territory and removed from their own territory.”
Inside the meeting between Mohawks and Canada’s Indigenous services minister, Marc Miller asked Mohawks to temporarily stop demonstrations in Ontario and let trains through by Jorge Barrera, CBC News, Feb 16, 2020
Indigenous Services Minister Marc Miller asked the Mohawks of Tyendinaga to temporarily halt a demonstration that has shut down one of Canada’s most important ...
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres: Rich polluting countries need to end “perverse” fossil fuel subsidies.
UN’s Guterres calls for ‘transformational change’ on climate by AFP, Feb 16, 2020
Governments must deliver decisive actions and “transformational change” to combat global warming, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said Sunday, blasting a recent climate summit in Madrid.
The so-called COP25 climate talks in the Spanish capital in December were supposed to build on breakthrough promises made ...
- Pissing on Reconciliation, Alberta Premier Jason Kenney calls First Nations “Fringe Groups” and spews rule of law while he remains under investigation for breaking it. Law Prof Heidi Matthews: “‘Rule of law’ is a conservative talking point.”
Canadians of all colours are rising strong, saying “NO!” just like the (mostly white people) of Lethbridge did but Kenney didn’t call them a fringe group.
Lawyer Corey Shefman@coreyshefman, Feb 13, 2020:Remember when “the rule of law” prohibited First Nations from hiring a lawyer to defend their rights?
Remember when “the rule of law” stole Indigenous children from their ...
- No asbestos in drilling mud industry promises us. Then why so many lawsuits? “Asbestos drilling mud: When the mud is deadly.”
ASBESTOS DRILLING MUD LEGAL NEWS ARTICLES & INTERVIEWS copied February 14, 2020 from LawyersandSettlements.com
STUDY: MORE THAN 10,000 AMERICANS KILLED BY ASBESTOS EVERY YEAR
June 20, 2015. By Heidi Turner.Washington, DCAn analysis from the Environmental Working Group (EWG) Action Fund suggests that as many as 15,000 Americans die every year due to asbestos exposure. Workers exposed to asbestos ...
- Murray Sinclair defines the oil & gas industry’s most evil tool: Coastal Gaslink Pipeline Ltd.’s community-benefits agreements with elected Indigenous chiefs and councils are “Promise payment for silence” aka gag orders.
Think about Andrew Scheer’s horrid white supremacist statements in Parliament today, as you read these tweets first:
JK@jkaldestad Replying to @PnPCBC and @AndrewScheerA white male, in a position of power, preaching privilege on matters related to Indigenous people. I can’t even.
JC@JCCWhyteWhite guy living off the tax payer his entire adult life says what?
[oh ya, happy love ...
- How many years and millions of dollars to cleanup Encana’s (now Ovintiv’s) illegal fracs of Rosebud drinking water aquifers? Why do city-dwellers in Alberta get hydrocarbon pollution cleanup ordered, but not rural-dwellers?
Discovered in 1984, cleanup of gas contamination at mall could take another 15 years by Bill Kaufmann, February 12, 2020, Calgary Herald
Bankrupt Sears Canada and energy giant Suncor have been ordered to clean up hydrocarbon pollution seeping from a former gas station into a residential neighbourhood and toward the Bow River.
But while concerned residents who ...
- CAPP write this patronizing synergy crap? Did KKKenney’s War Room pay for it?
How demeaning to those sacrificing and suffering so much, courageously standing up for their lands, loved ones, rights and futures.
Reconciliation comes in many forms, Chad Norman Day weighs in on pipeline conflict by Chad Norman Day, Jan. 23, 2020, The Interior News
This is republished from a public Facebook post created by Chad Norman Day on ...
- New Study: Again, frac’ing linked to increased sexually transmitted disease
Nicholaus P. Johnson et al, A Multi-Region Analysis of Shale Drilling Activity and Rates of Sexually Transmitted Infections in the United States February 13, 2020 DOI: 10.1097/OLQ.0000000000001127, Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Shale drilling activity linked to increased sexually transmitted infections in Texas by Yale School of Public Health, Feb 13, 2020, medicalxpress
Researchers at the Yale School ...
- Down down down they go: Whiting Petroleum, one of the original Williston Basin Big Four, hit $2.54 today, down from 2014 high of $370
Shale Oil & Other People’s Money by Oily Stuff, February 12, 2020
The Little Rascals
In honor of Whiting Petroleum, one of the original Big Four in the Williston Basin hitting $2.54 today, down from a high of $370 in 2014, we offer up this image of how carefully they used other people’s money to grow ...
- Too Frac’ing Funny! David Climenhaga strips Jason KKKenny’s War Room naked; PS The New York Times is still standing.
How frac’ing stupid can the Alberta gov’t and it’s war room get?
So perfect, I had to copy the entire piece, visuals and comments for backup in case Olson et al call in the RCMP to arrest & jail Mr. Climenhaga for daring to exercise his intelligence, extraordinary wit and Charter right to Freedom of Expression, ...
- Ocasio-Cortez officially introduces bill to ban frac’ing across USA by 2025; prohibit it within 2,500 feet of homes and schools by Feb 2021; provide transition for working families in the industry. “Fracking is destroying our land and our water. It is wreaking havoc on our communities’ health.”
Ocasio-Cortez introduces national fracking ban by Justine Coleman, Feb 12, 2020, The Hill
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), along with Rep. Darren Soto (D-Fla.) officially introduced a national fracking ban in the House.
The bill, announced at the end of last month, serves as a companion bill to the Senate legislation proposed by Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and ...
- Legal Wow in Ireland: Plans to fast-track Shannon ‘fracked gas’ LNG terminal hits legal bump, Friends of the Irish Environment wins right to challenge inclusion of project on ‘rapid’ EU development list (entitles projects to “most rapid treatment legally possible” including “overriding public interest”).
Plans to fast-track Shannon ‘fracked gas’ terminal hit legal bump, Environmental group wins right to challenge inclusion of project on ‘rapid’ EU development list by Mary Carolan, Feb 13, 2020, Irish Times
An environmental group has got permission from the High Court to bring a significant challenge over how the controversial €500 million Shannon LNG terminal ...
- Two sets of laws in Canada – Indigenous law and settler law. “That’s why BC Premier John Horgan’s appeals to ‘law and order’ are so off-base.”
Heartbreaking comment by N Donna Wise to the piece posted on Alberta Surface Rights Group Facebook Page
Ten years of my life were spent keeping encana corp from drilling, thus ...
- Kenney’s 30 Million dollar Alberta War Room fartin’ up a storm o’ lies ‘n shit on Twitter.
Great comments to the article:
30 million dollar a year amateur hour continues. Pathetic.
$30,000,000 so “Executives” (read failed UCP candidates and party loyalists) can make $250,000 a year “givener” on twitter literally defending a future in which we fight over gas in a post-apocalyptic desert.
Did you see the article in the N.Y. Times? ...
- Premier Jason Kenney’s 30 Million Dollar War Room Fails: The New York Times reports on global financial giants swearing off funding especially dirty fuel – Made in Alberta Tarshit!
Global Financial Giants Swear Off Funding an Especially Dirty Fuel by Christopher Flavelle, with Jeanna Smialek contributing, Feb. 12, 2020, The New York Times
Some of the world’s largest financial institutions have stopped putting their money behind oil production in the Canadian province of Alberta, home to one of the world’s most extensive, and also dirtiest, ...
- Edmonton lawyer disbarred for lying: “The code of professional conduct prohibits lawyers from misleading others, either intentionally or accidentally,” while nine Supreme Court of Canada judges get away with intentionally publishing a lie in Ernst vs AER.
Edmonton lawyer disbarred after denying he had sexual relations with woman he was opposing in court by Dylan Short, February 6, 2020, Calgary Herald
An Edmonton lawyer has been disbarred after a number of complaints were brought against him, including that he repeatedly denied he had a sexual relationship with a woman he was opposing in ...
- Brilliant damning MUST READ by Joyce Nelson, notably on Environmental Defense Fund’s greenwashing for frac industry and stinky dots between BC Supreme Court Injunction against Wet’suwet’en (hold title on lands where Coastal GasLink, “CGL” and RCMP are trespassing, thanks to the court), mega rich Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., “KKR” and (pension-thieving to give to bankrupting frac’ers) AIMCo buying 65% of CGL.
Wall Street Invading Wet’suwet’en Territory by JOYCE NELSON, Feb 12 ,2020, Counter Punch
The uprising across Canada in support of Wet’suwet’en First Nation land defenders shows no sign of stopping. As of February 11, ports, bridges, rail lines, highways and roads have been blockaded across much of the country by solidarity protesters, who have also occupied ...
- 2020 Chevy Bolt Review: “Once you start driving and using EVs, you find that range anxiety is fossil fuel propaganda.”
The review is American, in US dollars.
The 2020 Chevy Bolt — GM Changes The Game, Again by Robert Dee, February 8th, 2020, cleantechnica
In late 2016, the Chevy Bolt became the first affordable long range EV (electric vehicle), beating the Tesla Model 3 to market. As of this writing, in February 2020, GM has once again ...
- Myth of American energy independence based on willful deception “Alice in Wonderland” forecasts by U.S. EIA. Best way to con investors into losing $Billions! The Permian is flat lining, most frac’d shale plays “don’t amount to a hill of beans.”
Enter industry’s financier, Jason Kenney, taking (stealing?) pensions of hard working Albertans for AIMCo to “invest” (aka knowingly piss in industry’s wind):
The American Empire Mistakenly Believes the Shale Oil-Gas Revolution Will Continue Until 2050 and Beyond, Part I by Dr. Leon Tressell, Global Research, February 10, 2020
The Trump regime never tires of trumpeting the ...
- Janvier Alberta: OK to go home, but don’t drink the water, cook with it or give to pets. “I just hope to God that people don’t sweep it underneath the rug and forget it.”
Janvier residents return home after evacuation, but they can’t drink the water, Residents left voluntarily on Jan. 27 after a chemical mix-up at the water plant by Jamie Malbeuf, CBC News, Feb 05, 2020
Janvier residents returned to their community Tuesday afte a water shutdown due to a chemical mix-up prompted an evacuation.
But a “do ...
- Too late, After second crude oil derailment near Guernsey SK (first spilled 1.5 Million litres; second 1.2Million litres), Canadian gov’t orders trains carrying dangerous goods to slow down, but only for 30 days, maybe less (’til the toxic frac fumes fade?)
2013: SHALE OIL WIPES OUT CANADIAN TOWN !
2013: Toll in Quebec frac’d oil train derailment sure to rise, Traumatized survivors braced for more bad news inspectors finally cleared to enter charred site
2013: US. agency says companies shipping crude in unsafe rail cars, Judge grants railroad bankruptcy protection after Lac-Mégantic disaster, About 100 residents remain homeless ...
- Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: Wet’suwet’en Raids: Canada Chooses Colonialism Again, A future of reconciliation is now squandered along with our billions propping up LNG.
BC Civil Liberties@bccla Feb 6, 2020
The BCCLA stands with the Wet’suwet’en Nation at this time. We’re highly concerned about the overpolicing of peaceful land defenders and of ongoing RCMP actions on Wet’suwet’en territory, which are in violation of Wet’suwet’en law and Charter rights. #WetsuwetenStrong
We strongly remind RCMP that blocking witnesses, media access, and coverage ...
- Oil & gas industry grifters everywhere violating laws with impunity, enabled by our regulators, politicians and courts
Carman: Oil and gas industry grifters violate Colorado law with impunity by Diane Carman, Feb 2, 2020, The Colorado Sun
Let’s face it, outrage is our new normal. … Still, even if you rigorously avoid the spectacle of $1,500-an-hour attorneys trying to defend the indefensible, there’s always more.
The report last week from the Colorado State Auditor on the grifters in the ...
- Danielle Smith propaganda published by The Western Producer called out by Alberta rancher Nielle Hawkwood
Ms. Hawkwood’s letter was published without references and some details added about Danielle Smith: Letters to the editor – Not all climate-change advocates are extremists by Nielle Hawkwood, Jan 23, 2020, The Western Producer
Ms. Hawkwood’s unedited letter sent to The Producer with references & links:
It is ironic that Ms. Smith warns of “Extremist Propaganda” while appearing to ...
- Oil industry execs dead in the head with desperation? Parsley Energy CEO Matt Gallagher tries to bribe Gen Z with “dazzling BS” in a “shale new deal,” blames Wall Street, teens and our “perception” for its demise when industry’s greed is to blame.
Sharon Wilson: “Oil and gas has been making the same promises to clean up its act since 2005, yet fifteen years later it’s still worsening the climate crisis and plaguing the health of residents next door.”
2020 02 06: Federal transport minister orders trains to slow down after fiery crash in Sask., ‘I cannot compromise on ...
- Oilprice: Fossil fuels are driving global warming; “it’s rather ironic that higher temperatures are now battering gas markets” into “Gasmaggedon.”
“Gasmaggedon” Sweeps Over Global Gas Market by Nick Cunningham, February 5, 2020, Oilprice
China’s state-owned gas importers are considering declaring force majeure on LNG imports, which would amplify the turmoil in global gas markets.
LNG prices have already plunged to their lowest levels in a decade in Asia as the ramp up of supply in 2019 came ...
- Suicide among U.S. working-age population (ages 16–64 years) is increasing; in 2017, nearly 38,000 persons died by suicide, a 40% rate increase in less than 2 decades. Rates significantly higher in five major industry groups with Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction (males) at the top.
Suicide Rates by Industry and Occupation — National Violent Death Reporting System, 32 States, 2016 by Peterson C, Sussell A, Li J, Schumacher PK, Yeoman K, and Stone DM, Weekly / January 24, 2020 / 69(3);57–62, Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2020;69:57–62. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6903a1external icon.
What is already known about this topic?
- Must Watch! Doctrine of Discovery: Stolen lands, Strong Hearts: Never mind sexual assault/rape education for Canadian judges, they need to learn Indigenous Law & Rights too (and how to be honest). But, is it possible to “train” misogyny and racism out of people, especially privileged (mostly white) people (mostly men) like lawyers & judges?
The water’s murmur is the voice of my mother’s mother.
Doctrine of Discovery: Stolen lands, Strong Hearts just over an hour, by General Synod, April 11, 2019
Refer also to:
Scary! Stephen Harper’s courts: How the judiciary in Canada has been remade Canadians must suffer his appointments for decades to come.
How many judges and lawyers in Canada abuse ...
- Frac blast from the past, Rosebud, Alberta (2008 & 2009): “Why the hell did you let those reporters drink your water Jess? Now look at them!”
The photo below was included at the top of my 2008 10 31 frac news mailout. The quote in the headline was made in response by a citizen member of my list. Two years earlier, AER when it was EUB, demanded I give them my list (hundreds of people by that time), which I refused. ...
- New York: Governor Andrew Cuomo promises to make permanent the state’s partial frac ban (only bans frac’ing with water, not other fluids, eg CO2, N2, H2S, propane, butane, etc)
2015 06: FINAL SUPPLEMENTAL GENERIC ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENTON THE OIL, GAS AND SOLUTION MINING REGULATORY PROGRAM Regulatory Program for Horizontal Drilling and High-Volume Hydraulic Fracturing to Develop the Marcellus Shale and Other Low-Permeability Gas Reservoirs by New York State DEC:
High-volume hydraulic fracturing is defined as the stimulation of a well using 300,000 or more gallons of water as the base fluid ...
- Frac industry is damaging the oil & gas economy. When flipping for a profit fails, frac companies file for bankruptcy, which in turn deters lenders. “Wall Street has basically completely turned its back on the industry right now.” Is there anything frac’ing doesn’t damage?
Fracking industry damaging oil and gas economy, expert regional economist says by Claire Goodman, Feb 3, 2020, Houston Chronicle
According to Dr. Bill Gilmer, an expert on the Houston economy, the oil and gas industry is suffering, and the economic structure of the fracking industry is to blame.
Gilmer, a professor of Economics at the Bauer School ...
- RCMP Mobilizing Officers to Houston, NEBC, Intensifying Harassment of Camps. RCMP are lying, as usual, “saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.” BC Premier John Horgan: “The rule of law needs to prevail.” Whose? White Privileged Rich Man’s Law? Oil & Gas Industry’s Law? Racists’ Law?
Do I trust the RCMP? No. They do not heed the rule of law. Instead of investigating Encana’s law violations, they invaded my private property to serve Encana (now Ovintiv), law-violating AER and law-violating Alberta gov’t, and cowardly tried to intimidate me silent.
Do I trust our regulators when it comes to the oil & gas ...
- Bank in Quebec, Caisse Solidaire, offers Oil-Free RRSPs! 250 professors, including from Calgary, ask Canadian universities to divest from petroleum industry. Laure Waridel: “One of the ways to put the economy at the service of the planet is to review the way we invest.”
Ovintiv/Encana, Chevron, Exxon et al deeply deserve this! CNBC’s Jim Cramer: “I’m done with fossil fuels … they’re just done. We’re starting to see divestment all over the world. … It’s going to be a parade that says, ‘Look, these are tobacco and we’re not going to own them.’ … Younger people don’t want to ...
- Texas: 3rd man, Brian Maldonado, 25, dies after explosion and fire at Chesapeake Energy oil well
3rd man dies after gas blast at Chesapeake Energy oil well near Bryan by Sergio Chapa, , February 1, 2020
A third man has died after a gas explosion Wednesday at a Chesapeake Energy oil well in Burleson County, according to media reports.
Oil field worker Brian Maldonado, 25, of San Diego, Texas, died on Saturday, the ...
- Frac’ing busts air, water, land, caprock, communities, families, and Pennsylvania school district finances; Despite promises of frac prosperity, many school districts continue to struggle financially, a struggle that appears worsened by frac’ing.
Fracking has led to a ‘bust’ for Pennsylvania school district finances by Matthew Gardner Kelly and Kai A. Schafft, Feb 1, 2020, Pennsylvania Capital-Star
Several Democratic presidential candidates have called for new limitations on the practice because of environmental and other concerns. Two of the leading candidates, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, have promised to ban fracking if ...
- Why the Guardian will no longer accept fossil fuel advertising. Bravo! Brava!
The human species is incredibly creative and intelligent, when it wants to be.
There is no need to fear the demise of fossil fuels, not even for the jobs the companies promise but have become too greedy to maintain, not even to clean up their hundreds of billions of dollars in leaking wells and facilities ...
- Ovintiv/Encana, Chevron, Exxon et al deeply deserve this! CNBC’s Jim Cramer: “I’m done with fossil fuels … they’re just done. We’re starting to see divestment all over the world. … It’s going to be a parade that says, ‘Look, these are tobacco and we’re not going to own them.’ … Younger people don’t want to own them. The dividends are great…but you can tell that the world’s turned on them. It’s actually happening really quickly.”
2012 11 28: Power of Attorney Calgary managing partner for Osler Hoskin Harcourt, Maureen Killoran, lawyer representing Encana in the Ernst vs Encana lawsuit:
And, to be perfectly frank, when you do energy law, as I do, or corporate litigation, you’re not dealing with life and death situations and people whose lives have been turned upside down, ...
- 2020 02 13: West Central Stakeholders: Alberta Synergy abuse by regulators, Farmers’ Advocate & CAPP (industry) continues: “An Afternoon on Reclamation. ‘What Can I Expect?'” Lots of shit, lies, promises and propaganda with bribes to get you there
- US Senator Bernie Sanders introduces bill to ban frac’ing
Sanders introduces bill to ban fracking by Rachel Frazin, Jan 30, 2020, The Hill
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) this week introduced a bill that aims to ban hydraulic fracking.
The bill was introduced on Tuesday and is titled “a bill to ban the practice of hydraulic fracturing, and for other purposes,” according to the Library of Congress, though the text of ...
- Here’s how synergy spin by CAPE is used: Get media to wrongly define hydraulic fracturing to keep industry happy & frac’ing, just like Sierra Club and Council of Canadians do. Straight reports: “Canadian doctors link” frac’d gas to health harms, but not one doctor wrote the report; the lead author is not even part of the doctors’ association
A PR policy synergy person, not even part of CAPE, was lead author. Canadian doctors did not link frac’ing to these health harms, others did. Their report is a review, an industry-enabling significantly incomplete review of health and environmental harms caused by frac’ing.
Cancer, birth defects and other health harms; air, land, food, water, noise pollution; ...
- How low can a Minister of “justice” go and how thick grows rot in lawfirms?
Justice Minister Doug Schweitzer failed to disclose donation from inquiry commissioner Personal emails show Steve Allan helped finance Schweitzer campaign event by Charles Rusnell, Jennie Russell, CBC News, Jan 29, 2020
Alberta’s chief electoral officer will review an undisclosed donation to the nomination campaign of Justice Minister Doug Schweitzer from Steve Allan, the prominent Calgary businessman Schweitzer ...
- Poor Encana Investors: “Shares are in the ‘penalty box.'” Newly name-changed, Bull-in-the-China-Shop Ovintiv started trading in US with new symbol OVV, shares drop (another) 9% over two days.
Why Encana Corp. Is Just a Big Disappointment; Stock price tanked 80% in the last 10 years
“Canada” becoming a dirty word or has “Encana” been a dirty word for years? Name change to Ovintiv brings investors 9.3% drop, biggest drop in a year. Erectile Dysfunction?
Encana fleeing Canada in Scheer desperation? Shares drop 9.2%! Illegal aquifer-frac’er, ...
- Synergy Strikes Again! CAPE releases new report on frac’ing with great comment by Executive Director, lawyer Robin Edger: “Fracking threatens our health…. The only responsible step for government is to ban it outright.” But, his quote is not included in the report, which is drek (“peer” review by Encana-AER-OGC enabler Pembina Institute).
Shame on CAPE!
CAPE = Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment
Ronald Macfarlane, lead author of the report, is not a medical doctor (nor it appears is his co-author), and not part of CAPE. Nowhere on CAPE is it explained who he is or why he wrote the report. An Encana choice? Linked in shows ...
- Texas, Burleson County: Chesapeake Energy Corp Contractor killed,three people severely burned after oil rig explosion. Will there ever be mercy for oil and gas industry workers and their families? For the killed, burned, blown up, steamed to death, fumed to death, dying tortuously by exposure to toxic secret chemicals and or radioactivity, suffering hideous cancers?
News clip at link: Contractor dies, 3 others injured following oil well blowout in Burleson County by Rusty Surette, Michael Oder, and Karla Castillo, Jan 29, 2020, KBTX
DEANVILLE, Tex. (KBTX) – One contractor has died and three others have been taken by helicopter to hospitals in Houston and Austin following an oil well blowout in ...
- Condolences from Alberta to PA. Erica Tarr: “I can’t bathe my daughter, wash my hands or do a load of laundry, it’s like living in constant crisis. … Living without water for so long is a nightmare. It’s like we’ve been thrown to the wolves…. We can’t keep living like this.” Rosemary Fuller: “I feel so unsure about the present and the future that I just want rid of my home.”
Brothers in Arms by Marc Knopfler
These mist covered mountainsAre a home now for meBut my home is the lowlandsAnd always will beSomeday you’ll return toYour valleys and your farmsAnd you’ll no longer burn to beBrothers in armsThrough these fields of destructionBaptisms of fireI’ve witnessed your sufferingAs the battle raged higherAnd though they did hurt me so ...
- Frac’in’ farce ‘n shit show! AER tells landowners (ripped off by oil and gas companies) to reach out to Alberta Surface Rights Board and the gov’t even though AER knows full well that ASRB and Kenney/UCP only further harm Albertans harmed by oil and gas, and never come to our aid.
Is Action Surface Rights Association smoozing it up with AER again? Just another romantic dance between AER and the synergy group to prop up the corrupt AER, enabled by the War Room & Canadian Press?
2020 01 24: “Holy fracking hell, what a shit show.” RCMP might arrest you if you heed this – even on ...
- Oil & gas industry frac chemical or waste water mix up? As done to Ponoka landowner, Ann Craft? Water cut off for Janvier & Chipewyan Prairie First Nation after chemical “transfer” into water plant. “Emergency services’ Dangerous Goods personnel and equipment” on site. That’s some toxic mix-up.
Two days after this post (Jan 26), the chemical is identified. Why wait so long?
It’s sad that one cannot believe a word out of any authority in Alberta, not even in the dirty “justice” ministry.
Northern Alberta hamlet evacuating residents after water plant shut down, ‘We don’t want them without no supplies to clean and ...
- “When judges don’t know the meaning of rape, there is little hope of justice” never mind that some (one is too many) are racist misogynistic bigoted troglodytes in society’s “Upside Down of Patriarchy.”
The Upside Down of Patriarchy by Dana Vitalosova, Sep 21, 2016, medium.com
… And, how did patriarchy come into being? Lerner argues it started by the realization, that incest has weird consequences. To prevent close relatives having children, neighboring tribes began to exchange women of procreative age. Why were women, and not men, the objects of ...
- “Holy fracking hell, what a shit show.” RCMP might arrest you if you heed this – even on leases with unpaid rent on your own land. RCMP unjustly and grossly work for oil & gas companies, not Canadians harmed by those companies. NEB (now CER), AER, ASRB, Kenney’s War Room and Witch Hunt also serve the companies violating our contracts, our rights, our health, our loved ones and homes, our air, land and water, not us.
I do not recommend what this Synergy Alberta group (Action Surface Rights Association) is urging. It smells like an AER (devil) idea, and I am shocked the media reported it. Does the media know they are directing farmers to break the law? Is this crazy directive straight out of Kenney’s War Room?
It’s likely that our ...
- Terrible court ruling for families and the environment; Good news for frac’ers: Pa. Supreme Court Says Rule of Capture Applies to Fracking
It appears like 99% of North American judges are dirty when it comes to the oil and gas and frac industry. Are they worried about losing their pensions, savings and investments in frac’ing’s uneconomical, massive debt-laden deceptions, so they have to give the industry everything? This ruling is just another piece of evidence proving how ...
- How stupid can you get PA DEP? Withdraws record $8.9 Million fine in settlement exchange with Range Resources to fix the company’s drinking water and stream polluting, vegetation killing methane leaker, which of course, Range refuses to do.
Never mind DEP, Alberta’s filthy corrupt 100% industry-funded AER has not yet ordered Encana to repair the community drinking water aquifers the company illegally frac’d in 2004, contaminating many water wells with life-threatening concentrations of methane, and also with thermogenic ethane and man-made chemicals used in frac’ing. AER fined Encana $0 but violated Ernst’s rights, ...
- Alberta’s multibillion-$ orphan well problem prompts AG probe but does he have the power, integrity, ethics, diligence and courage to dig deeply in, or will he just tickle dust on CAPP ‘n AER’s nose? Besides, AG is decades too late, the problem has been years in intentional making
From ASRG FB Page:
Well, this story is most certainly causing a stir. Even in South Africa for some reason. Just got a call from a South African reporter wanting more information on the story. Says this story is of great interest to his environmentalist readers. Go figure.
I look at that photo of the ...
- Alberta resident: “Didn’t think it could get any worse than ex-Alberta ‘Justice’ Minister Jonathan Denis but appears our new Minister operates believing the Criminal Code of Canada and Charter of Rights are subservient to the Book of Mormon.” Democracy Watch urges ethics commission to investigate Alberta Justice Minister Doug Schweitzer for clearly violating conflict-of-interest law. Authorities shattering the ball, as usual.
“Justice” Minister Schweitzer and the rest in Alberta’s sleazy “justice” department also need to be fully investigated for their part in passing the buck repeatedly to no one in regards to the department and Alberta judges knowingly jailing innocent Albertans and subsequently trying to cover it up.
To deflect from The Fifth Estate’s recent courageous ...
- Scrubbadubbadub! Happy Frac’ing Holidays! Two earthquakes west of Alberta’s Fox Creek Frac Hub: 4.0M on Dec 25; 4.1M on Dec 30. Like a coronavirus, it spreads. Earthquakes Canada already scrubbed the 4.1M; nothing reported in the media or by AER, again. Too busy farting in Post Media’s War Room.
Comment from an Albertan: I guess one could say they are washing their hands, coughing into a sleeve and stifling the “sneezing.”
Alberta’s Fox Creek Frac Hub is shown by the endless blue blobs (earthquakes) spreading like a coronavirus. Yellow pins show the two new Happy Holiday quakes.
The Town of Fox Creek is little dot near ...
- Poisoned water & corporate greed: Attorney Robert Bilott on his 20-year battle against Dupont that inspired the film Dark Waters. Imagine if Ernst had strong ethical courageous moral steadfast lawyers like Mr. Bilott instead of weak betrayers Murray Klippenstein & Cory Wanless.
Comment from a citizen in BC:
Sounds like your experience. But, with caring lawyer.Not one candidate in last election knew of you or the madness of dissent you received from Supreme Cromwell and Rosa. Best https://www.democracynow.org/2020/1/23/tim_robbins_rob_billot_dark_waters
Comment from a ...
- Carlsbad, New Mexico: Oil patch produced water line bursts, sprays family, animals, home and road with potentially radioactive toxic fluids
Water pipeline explosion from oil, gas operation leaves Carlsbad family seeking answers, Produced water leak reported in Carlsbad by Adrian Hedden, Jan 21, 2020, Carlsbad Current-Argus
Carl George said he awoke to an explosion just feet from his house at 2:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 6200 block of South Thomason Road after a produced water line ...
- Smart Business Minister! UK Frac ban stays: “The only way it can be resumed is by compelling evidence which so far is not forthcoming.”
Business minister Kwasi Kwarteng has said fracking “for the time being is over” in the UK. by Tim Gavell, Jan 21, 2020, The Blackpool Gazette
In November, amid the general election campaign, the Government called a halt to fracking after research from the Oil and Gas Authority which raised concerns over the ability to predict fracking-linked ...
- The anatomy of a protest: Marie-Hélène Eddie, Moncton sociologist, researches New Brunswick frac protests for thesis at University of Ottawa
The anatomy of a protest: Moncton sociologist digs into Rexton shale gas protests, Moncton woman probes anti-shale gas activities in Kent County for sociology thesis in Ottawa by Jennifer Sweet, CBC News, Jan 18, 2020
Marie-Hélène Eddie analyzed New Brunswick’s anti-shale gas movement for her doctoral thesis in Ottawa. (Submitted)
It’s not often New Brunswickers unite around an ...
- Two workers, aged 23 & 26, hospitalized with head injuries after being struck by high pressure water line that blew off truck at West Virgina, Marshall County well pad
Two injured after industrial incident in Marshall County by Jaime Baker, January 22nd 2020, wtov9.com
MARSHALL COUNTY, W.Va. — Two men are hospitalized after an industrial accident at a Marshall County well pad on Wednesday.
The 911 call came in right before 11 a.m. from the scene just off Rines Ridge in Proctor.
The men were taken to area hospitals ...
- Contamination of US drinking water with manmade “forever chemicals” far worse than previously estimated reports EWG; White House and EPA tried to stop the report from being published.
US drinking water contamination with ‘forever chemicals’ far worse than scientists thought, Highest levels of PFAS in Miami, Philadelphia and New Orleans, report by environmental watchdog finds by Reuters, Jan 22, 2020, The Guardian
The contamination of US drinking water with manmade “forever chemicals” is far worse than previously estimated with some of the highest levels ...
- Edmonton-based research group Progress Alberta to Kenney’s Witch Hunt: Shut down your inquiry or the courts will shut it down for you.
Some juicy comments:
One wonders how long Alberta’s farmers & ranchers are going to endure the onslaught of climate change before turning on their oil soaked brethren.
If one wishes to sing in the Alberta UCP choir, then; one must sing the proscribed hymnals with the proper adoration, or risk being put on the official enemies list. ...
- To deflect from The Fifth Estate’s recent courageous brilliant reporting on Alberta “Justice” knowingly jailing innocent citizens? Water coolers & tissues removed from courtrooms to save $50,000. Killing Kenney’s stupid, ego-loaded War Room for one year would finance water in our courtrooms for 600 years!
Comment from an Albertan: No Kleenex?? Okay, people should just snort their snot on the floor. Almost makes you want to be in court.
Smells like this has nothing to do with saving money, what might be saved is a baby’s piss in the wind. It appears Alberta Justice wants to deflect from its own ...
- Any AIMCo body parts in this? Bonavista Announces Synergistic Asset Acquisition Accretive to its Debt Leverage.
Bonavista Announces Synergistic Asset Acquisition of Paramount by BOE Report, December 5, 2019
Calgary, Alberta – Bonavista Energy Corporation (TSX: BNP) (“Bonavista” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the acquisition of certain oil and liquids rich natural gas weighted properties (the “Acquired Assets”) located within our West Central Alberta core area (the “Acquisition“) which are ...
- Wilma Subra: An unstoppable pioneer in environmental chemistry and community advocacy, brings the harmed “effective tools to take on the toxic Goliaths as well the regulatory agencies and elected officials who try to look the other way.”
Wilma Subra: An unstoppable pioneer in environmental chemistry and community advocacy, Venerated in industrial fence-line communities, Wilma Subra covers the nation from New Iberia, Louisiana by Rick Mullin, Jan 17, 2020, Chemical & Engineering News
Credit: Rick Mullin/C&ENWilma Subra presents data at the kitchen table, an island of open space in a sea of documentation at Subra ...
- America’s Radioactive Secret: Oil & gas wells produce nearly a trillion gallons of toxic waste a year in America. It could be making workers sick and contaminating communities (in Canada too). “Us bringing this stuff to the surface is like letting out the devil … It is just madness.”
Holy shit, that’s hair-raising reading. Appalling! Horrifying! Slowly kill unsuspecting workers and residents, “generously” donate old pipes for kids’ playgrounds, irreparably pollute waterways, … all to maximize profits. Money trumps people, every single time. The CEOs and top administrators of all these companies should be forced to have brine enemas at least once a week. ...
- Alberta: AGS confirms frac’ing caused 4.18M earthquake that rattled many homes from Sylvan Lake to Red Deer last March, knocked out power to 4,600 customers, and caused subsequent 3.13M and smaller cluster of quakes. “Complaints of damage from the event were received.” And a water well was damaged by frac’ing near Sylvan.
At the time of the frac quake, Geological Survey of Canada said frac’ing didn’t do it.
Vesta Energy Ltd update on 4.6M fracquake near Red Deer March 4, 2019 that knocked out power to 4,600 Fortis Alberta customers, some reports of damage including to home driveway and underground electrical line.
Finally reported in Calgary Herald on ...
- Landowner Vicky Simlik: Living frac’d in Farmington, NE BC. They frac you again, and again, and again, and again. The frac quakes harm you & your home again, and again, and again.
This is heart breaking anguish to read and post. I cannot stop thinking of the frac quake damages underground (of course not visible) and how much gas is migrating to surface, into and around the Simlik home. Is the gas sour? There are acid gas injection sites nearby so lots of sour gas – Farmington ...
- Why Encana Corp. Is Just a Big Disappointment; Stock price tanked 80% in the last 10 years
Why Encana Corp. (TSX:ECA) Is Just a Big Disappointment by Karen Thomas, MSc, CFA, June 13, 2019, The Motely Fool
Encana Corp. (TSX:ECA) has taken many forms and variations in its decades long history. Many of these forms have been grossly mistimed and misinformed, leaving Encana and its shareholders on a disappointing path, stomaching value ...
- AER laid five environmental and conservation-related charges against Tourmaline Oil and spinoff Topaz Energy Corp., and three charges against CWC Energy Services for knowingly leaking sour gas (H2S) “that impacted human health” in 2018 near Spirit River, Alberta. Court hearing Feb 19, 2020 in Grand Prairie. Why no charges against Encana, now Ovintiv, for its illegal sour gas venting near Rosebud and illegally operating a sour gas facility and wells as sweet?
AER refusing to release any details is just another disgraceful petrostate cover-up.
Why charges in this case, but not against Encana for putting the residents of Rosebud at risk with life-threatening concentrations of methane, other hydrocarbons and undisclosed chemical additives contaminating their drinking and bathing water after the company illegaly frac’d the community’s fresh water aquifers?
- Greed greed greed: Another 600 jobs cut in Houston oil patch
In Texas, energy companies cut nearly 6,000 jobs over past four months. In western Canada, Husky cutting hundreds of jobs, most cuts in Calgary. Kenney’s $4.5 billion in corporate tax cuts obviously not enough to feed the greed.
Apache, 2 other Houston oil companies cut nearly 600 jobs by Jordan Blum, Jan. 9, 2020, Houston ...
- Unpaid taxes from oil & gas companies “refusing” to pay their bills in Alberta doubles. $173M in property taxes currently owed to rural municipalities, a $92M increase from last March.
Rural Alberta claims oil and gas companies owe $173 million in unpaid taxes by Dustin Cook, Jan 20, 2020, Calgary Herald
Unpaid property taxes from oil and gas companies spiked by 114 per cent within the last year, claims the group representing rural counties and municipal districts.
Roughly $173 million in property taxes is currently owed ...
- New Study: Air pollution from oil and gas production sites visible from space; US and European satellites help scientists measure nitrogen dioxide, a lung-irritating air pollutant, from drilling, production and flaring.
Air pollution from oil and gas production sites visible from space by Science Daily, January 15, 2020
US and European satellites help scientists measure nitrogen dioxide from drilling, production and flaring.
Oil and gas production has doubled in some parts of the United States in the last two years, and scientists can use satellites to see ...
- Meet “NoHIT.” More toxic brew to be intentionally injected into our environment to feed the “brute force and ignorant” frac experiment? Chemical company, TenEx Technologies, has scary idea to inject aluminum and who knows what else to prevent ‘frac hits’
Frac hits are also called “communication events.”
Chemical company offers solution to ‘frac hits’ by Mella McEwen, Jan 16, 2020, Reporter-Telegram
It’s an issue Permian Basin oil and gas operators have been grappling with as they drill wells in tighter and tighter quarters: How to keep hydraulic fracturing of the newer or “child” wells from interfering or ...
- Is LNG safe? Three injured, hospitalized, one with critical burns in massive LNG explosion in Westmoreland Co, Pa.
Officials: Three injured in massive explosion are improving by Rich Lord, Jan 18, 2020, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Three people injured in a massive tanker truck explosion at a Westmoreland County commercial garage appeared to be out of immediate danger by Saturday afternoon, according to an emergency official.
“As of right now, all three are in moderate condition. ...
- Schlumberger posts $10.1 billion loss in 2019 compared with $2.2 billion profit in 2018; even with revenue of $32.9 billion compared with $32.8 billion in 2018, an increase of 0.3 percent.
Schlumberger posts $10.1 billion loss in 2019 by Sergio Chapa, Jan. 17, 2020, Houston Chronicle
Schlumberger, the largest oil-field services company, is responding to the ongoing shale slump by selling underperforming businesses, stacking frac fleets, closing locations and laying off employees.
The company reported a $10.1 billion loss in 2019 compared with a $2.2 billion profit in ...
- Jan 25, 2020, Youngstown Ohio: “Big Oil’s Dangerous Secret.” Rolling Stone Magazine Science Journalist Justin Nobel and City Senior Battalion Chief Sil Caggiano to Present Crucial Information on Harms of Radioactive Oil & Gas Waste
Rolling Stone Magazine Journalist Justin Nobel and Youngstown City Senior Battalion Chief Sil Caggiano to Expose Harms of Radioactive Oil/Gas Waste Press Release by Ohio Community Rights Network, January 15, 2020
Youngstown State University Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences
Youngstown, OH: ...