- An excellent read on Covid-19 and nature by Dr. John Ross, prof, dept emergency medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
The chemical blob that changed humanity by Dr. John Ross, Apr 16, 2020, Chronicle Herald
Microscopic view of the COVID-19 coronavirus, a pathogen that attacks the respiratory tract. – Postmedia News
It is crazy what an invisible particle made of fat, protein, and RNA — despite lacking a nervous system, consciousness or intent — has done to ...
- A message to Premier Jason Kenney from Alberta workers
Did Kenney and his lying corrupt abusive UCP intentionally order rejected toxic, defective PPE for Alberta’s medical workers while giving away (and arrogantly serving political self interests) the locally made safe functional stuff? Sick creeps.
Comment by a rural Albertan: In the CBC article , this quote is enraging – it’s exactly what KKKenney has ...
- That goofy letter from Kingston to Jason Kenney: Kenney has lied so many times now I don’t believe anything he spews forth, certainly not the letter and $1,000 donation he says he was sent.
Did Kenney’s War Room set this up? How much did they pay for it? Ontario couple who mailed $1,000 cheque to Alberta come forward by CTV News, April 17, 2020. Make sure to put clothes pegs on your nose if you listen to the couple.
The oil and gas industry is destroying Canada, leaving toxic leaking ...
- Going Going Seized? US Banks prep to take over energy assets as frac boom fracs to bits. Why didn’t Alberta, BC, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Ontario, etc, do this years ago?
What does frac’ing do best? Polluting us while going bankrupt: “Staggering” $86Billion in debt maturities coming due. Investors now have “risk aversion” to the sector.
Frac industry is damaging the oil & gas economy. When flipping for a profit fails, frac companies file for bankruptcy, which in turn deters lenders. “Wall Street has basically completely turned ...
- Alberta Premier Jason Kenney clusterfucks it up – again. “If Kenney’s path to the federal PMO is paved in N95 face masks, it proves how much stupid he’s willing to do to satisfy [h]is angry dwarf ego.”
Definition clus·ter·fuck : a disastrously mishandled situation or undertaking.
Warning, this is a nauseating read. Prep your vomit buckets. Kenney ‘n Harper coniving with Trump to force the oil and gas industry’s health-harming polluting bankrupting “economy” on humanity, no matter how many Covid-19 fatalities, including first responders and health care workers? “Let’s all die together” to ...
- Women vs coronavirus
Choir of Women Physicians sings RISE AGAIN (virtually) by Voices Rock Canada! Premiered Apr 8, 2020, song written by Cape Breton’s Leon Dubinsky
Thank you to the incredible healthcare community!
Voices Rock Medicine, our very own choir of women physicians has put together this heartfelt tribute, dedicated to the superheroes of Canadian healthcare, and beyond.
Help us ...
- Nasty selfish oil patch polluted Alberta: Some things never change
Notice the licence plate:
Unfortunately, thanks to Alberta’s many selfishly rotten ultra-conservative/republican citizens and the dirty politicians they vote for like Jason Kenney, the corrupt, law-violating, non-regulating AER, and the law-violating, polluting oil industry, Alberta’s air, food, land and water are not clean.
Suddenly an independent Alberta doesn’t seem so appealing by Gillian Steward, April 7, 2020, ...
- Covid-19 takes John Prine.
Beautiful tributes with brilliant Prine words and music at link:
In Memoriam April 7, 2020·1 hour ago
Grammy-winning singer-songwriter John Prine dies from coronavirus complications
Grammy-winning singer-songwriter John Prine dies from coronavirus complicationsPrine, who was placed in intensive care after a sudden onset of COVID-19 symptoms, died of complications related to the virus on Tuesday aged 73, ...
- New research on Covid-19: Are you and your loved ones frac’d? Air pollution linked to 15 percent higher coronavirus death rates
COVID-19 PM2.5, A national study on long-term exposure to air pollution and COVID-19 mortality in the United States
Exposure to air pollution and COVID-19 mortality in the United States (Updated April 5, 2020) Press Release by Harvard University
Background: United States government scientists estimate that COVID-19 may kill between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans. The majority of the pre-existing ...
- Covid-19: Economy-wrecker Steve Harper create this conniving Kenney War Room press release? Mighty evil conning Albertans during a pandemic. Shut the frac’ing lying room down, transfer the $100 million plus to health care.
Kenney & Harper need to go back to school to learn some math and honesty. Of course the dutiful media (on the war room’s payroll?) published the war room’s horrid covid-19 lies.
Here’s the war room’s press release, you do the math.
Kenney n CAPP et al made the War Room unFOIPable, so no one can ...
- BC’s Site C Dam: Overtime pay to lure in workers? With free temperature checks and 150 rooms reserved for quarantine? No details on how covid-19 asymptomatic workers will be identified or how many families will be infected when workers head home.
Susan De@SusanFDeThey must be having trouble finding workers if they have to pay overtime for 8 week shifts. Maybe most will just rather stay home?
Overtime pay, temperature checks at Site C Dam by Alaska Highway News, Mar 30, 2020
Crews at Site C working through the COVID-19 pandemic will be on an extended shift rotation ...
- Damn it. Covid-19: John Prine’s “situation is critical”
Is Monster Orange (Trump) making sure New York doesn’t get the required supplies, letting New Yorkers die from covid-19 because they are smart enough not to vote for him? Meanwhile, the monster is giving hundreds of billions of dollars in gifts and deregulation to the lung-and-heart-decimating, law-violating, morally bankrupt oil and gas industry.
As of April ...
- Rule-of-law-when-it-suits-them: Trump order this for his pals to stretch their selfish greedy pockets even more while escalating pollution that’s already risking the lungs & lives of millions? Covid-19 can be brutal on healthy lungs, never mind lungs poisoned by fossil fuels.
Will Kopy Kat Kenney, Premier of Alberta, order AER to do the same, John Horgan, Premier of BC, order OGC, etc etc etc.?
Covid-19 deaths and new cases in USA as of 5:30pm, March 28, 2020:
Trump’s Environmental Rollbacks Find Opposition Within: Staff Scientists, Federal scientists and lawyers, told to undo regulations that some have worked on ...
- AER picks next “Dickhead” (Pres & CEO): “Back Door” Laurie Pushor, reportedly scandle-corroded pisser on rules, conflict of interest old white man, was Alberta gov’t official under Ralph Klein, is Saskatchewan’s Deputy Minister Energy & Resources and on the Board of STEP, Sask Trade & ***Export*** Partnership
Will AER be paying Pushor and his wife to travel to and from work, like they paid past Pres & CEO Jim Ellis?
Lots more Pushor crud out there, if you google around.
New Alberta Energy Regulator CEO was central figure in Saskatchewan scandal, Laurie Pushor’s appointment will not help restore AER’s scandalized reputation: MLAs by Jennie Russell, ...
- Gillian Hnatiw, Canadian lawyer, female: “Fundamentally, the law is about power – who has it, who gets it, and how they are allowed to wield it. … Yet evidence of misogyny remains all around us. Lest anyone forget, there is a self-confessed sexual predator in the White House. … In Canada, we’re not faring a whole lot better…. All of our political leaders are men.”
Gillian Hnatiw speech at the 20th Toronto Lawyers Association Awards Gala March 5, 2020, Legal Matters
The following speech was delivered by Gillian Hnatiw at the 2020 Toronto Lawyers Association Annual gala, as she accepted the Honsberger Award, given to a lawyer who exemplifies knowledge, community and advocacy.
My thanks to the Toronto Lawyers Association for recognizing ...
- Here comes the Orange Easter Killer Bunny
Why Trump’s plan is more than just sacrificing old people, it’s guaranteed to destroy the nation by Mark Sumner, March 25, 2020, Daily Kos
Donald Trump is suggesting that we should rescind efforts at coronavirus suppression in order to “save” the economy, while Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick of Texas calls on patriotic grandparents to sacrifice themselves to drive up the Dow. Across the ...
- Covid-19 cases in profit-before-public-health UK sky rocket: 28 new deaths in last 24 hours include 47 and 21 year olds, both with no underlying health conditions. Ontario: Two 20 year olds in ICU. It’s a powerful time to practice love – stay home, put others first!
2 more deaths, 170 new cases of COVID-19 in Ontario as officials warn number could ‘go up again’, Province says there have been 15 deaths and 8 cases that are resolved by CBC News, Mar 26, 2020
… Of the people infected, 29 are in ICU in hospital, 20 of them on ventilators. Two of the ...
- Must read on Covid-19 in New York by Craig Spencer MD MPH, Director of Global Health in Emergency Medicine: “Hospitals are nearing capacity. We are running out of ventilators. Ambulance sirens don’t stop.” This will be the same in Canada.
Note: This thread is related to #Coronavirus #COVID19Follow the World Health Organization‘s instructions to reduce your risk of infection:
1/ Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
2/ When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw issue away immediately and wash hands.
3/ Avoid close contact with ...
- Why are more men getting Covid-19 than women? Too many men not washing their hands? Ordered into death camps by gov’ts like BC’s NDP? What happens in the toxic tarshit & Site C dam work camps when the virus invades, if not already there? What when workers take the virus home to their families, spreading it at Calgary’s airport on the way? Installing hand sanitation stations in camps now is way too late.
Much of the world no longer wants Alberta’s toxic tarshit. The work camps, and at Site C, need to be closed until the pandemic ends so as to protect workers and public health.
Tarshit companies made billions and many oil and gas companies, including Encana-Ovintiv-Cenovus, hoard billions in cash. They can pay their workers and ...
- Covid-19: “And the people stayed home,” Cartoons, Pooh & Piglet prepare for quarantine, easy to understand videos. Peter Diamandis, MD: “We’re going to science the shit out of this virus!”
I’ve read in some research papers that the virus seems to like high blood sugar (who/what doesn’t?), perhaps thus why diabetics at high risk (other people at risk to, with impaired breathing/immune system, heart conditions, etc). Best that we do not shop like Piglet and Pooh (see their list below).
And, as comforting as alcohol ...
- They frac you, then abuse you and abuse you and abuse you. Cabot Oil & Gas Corp. pulls out of talks in $5M lawsuit against frac-harmed Ray Kemble in what appears to be a nasty SLAPP
Gas driller pulls out of talks in $5M suit against resident by Associated Press, Mar 5, 2020, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
One of Pennsylvania’s largest gas drillers pulled out of settlement talks aimed at resolving its $5 million lawsuit against a resident whose drinking water was contaminated and who has spent years bashing the energy industry.
Houston, Texas-based Cabot ...
- Covid-19: Wise, loving, succinct, compassionate message from The Physicians of Fox Creek, Alberta
A Message from your local doctors, Message To the People of Fox Creek by March 18, 2020
We, as a community, are facing a crisis and for the rest of our lives we will remember for how we dealt with Covid-19.
The virus seems to control us and it will get much worse. It ...
- Bravo Scotland to scare away Ineos from CBM frac’ing, rendering your drinking water too dangerous to use to flush toilets, never mind bathe in or drink! Companies know healthy communities cannot be divided & conquered with their lies & bribes.
CBM = Coalbed Methane, Natural Gas from Coal (NGC), Coal Seam Gas (CSG). CBM’s terrible impacts are now well known, so companies, gov’ts and regulators like to change its name to con communities into accepting it.
To read some CBM history, science and frac’ing horror shit shows, read Andrew Nikiforuk’s Slick Water.
Andrew Nikiforuk honoured with ...
- Humanity on a roll – backwards: 91% of men, 86% of women hold at least one bias against women in relation to politics, economics, education, violence or reproductive rights. Almost one third of men and women think it’s OK for a man to beat his wife. How many think it’s OK for men to rape & murder women? Too many judges do.
Nine out of 10 people found to be biased against women, Analysis of 75 countries reveals ‘shocking’ scale of global women’s rights backlashGlobal development is supported by Liz Ford, Mar 5, 2020, The Guardian
Almost 90% of people are biased against women, according to a new index that highlights the “shocking” extent of the global backlash ...
- Firestone, Weld Co, Colorado record fine by more than 11 times for industry’s leaking methane caused home explosion killing two, injuring two others. COGCC seeking $18.25 Million against Kerr McGee, subsidiary of Anadarko most recently sold to Occidental Petroleum
Compare to Encana fined nothing by EUB/ERCB/AER for illegaly frac’ing Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers, followed by water wells community-wide contaminated with methane (historic records for my water well and others on file with the regulator say “Gas Present: No”), ethane, and more, and the community water tower blowing up and destroyed in an explosion from ...
- Nothing baffling about Teck’s river-polluting corporate practices
Coal miner Teck says it’s baffled by fish collapse downstream of British Columbia mines, Reports on selenium concentrations in area waterways have levels at the maximum or above drinking water guidelines. Two are four times higher by The Canadian Press, Mar 8, 2020, Calgary Herald
Teck Resources says it’s baffled over the virtual disappearance of a ...
- Minnesota Supreme Court upholds Winona County ban on frac sand mining, disagreeing with a local company that the 2016 ban infringed on their constituional rights. Bravo to Winona County Board for their courage, integrity, ethics and stamina!
Minnesota Supreme Court upholds Winona County ban on frac sand mining, A sand mine business argued that the ban was unconstitutional, but had lost earlier rulings before appealing to the high court by Matt McKinney, Mar 11, 2020, Star Tribune
The Minnesota Supreme Court on Wednesday let stand a Winona County ban on frac sand ...
- Living with Encana (Ovintiv) in Pavillion, Wyoming. Sue Spencer, hydrogeologist: “There’s this veil of secrecy about everything they do. … The oil industry went nuts. ….[the oil lobby] was just like, ‘you can’t say that groundwater was impacted by the fracking industry.’”
“To let this go on for 10 or 15 years and these people still have no water except for a few bottles delivered once a week is just not right.”
In 2006, in the Legislature, Premier of Alberta Ralph Klein promised frac-harmed families permanent safe alternate water but some, eg the Campbells and Zimmermans, never received ...
- Wet’suwet’en, BCCLA & UBCIC release explosive letter. Horgan needs to be called out for causing RCMP shit show of trespass and violence against citizens on their own lands. BC Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General Mike Farnworth directed the heavily armed sniper invasion while Horgan et al keep lying through their frac-rotten teeth, claiming they can’t direct RCMP.
RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police (royal no more).
Over 5900 Professors and Scholars from across Canada and around the world sign “Statement of Solidarity with the Wet’suwet’en people of British Columbia”
Comment to a citizen in BC:
Oh wow,….this letter by the 4 Women below is so compelling – it brings tears to my eyes. ...
- The Alberta gov’t and oil & gas industry are partners in a money laundering scheme. Just another massive subsidy ($100 million this time) to a multi-$billion profiting, horrifically abusive, lying, polluting, job decimating (by automation & greed) industry.
In my view, Kenney is doing whatever it takes, including abusing and stealing from Albertans by slashing health, education, parks and recreation, snatching pensions, etc., to give more and more billions to the ultra rich (mostly foreign, eg Mr. Koch), so that they make Kenney head cheese (PM) of Canada.
A few tweets:
marymaryFlag of Canada ...
- How many Canadian women and children must endure rape and or physical abuse and sexually transmitted diseases to keep the oil patch rolling?
Influx of 4,500 workers raises fears of violence against women in B.C.’s northwest, Women’s shelters in Kitimat, Terrace already operate above capacity while concerns about ‘man camps’ persist by Michelle Ghoussoub, CBC News, Mar 06, 2020
At 26, Jessica McCallum-Miller is the youngest and first Indigenous councillor in Terrace, B.C. She’s worried an influx of people ...
- PA Attorney General Josh Shapiro expending significant investigave resources in pursuit of more than 12 criminal cases involving frac’ing: “some will result in criminal charges in the near future.” Any uncorrupted Attorney Generals in Canada courageous enough to take on frac crimes by Encana (Ovintiv)?
Comment by a frac’d Canadian:
Encana IS at the very top of the Asshole List. Their tentacles reach into many places.
Criminal investigations target shale gas industry by Don Hopey and David Templeton, Mar 3, 2020, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro said he is expending significant investigative resources in pursuit of more than a ...
- No, frac’ing is not safe.
Academia was frac’d years ago; many experts lie – usually sneakily, sometimes super stupidly, even in published papers – and or intentionally ignore the most damning data and evidence to enable industry’s crimes and pollution in exchange for jobs, big money, gifts, ego-fodder, promotions, power etc.
Our regulators were frac’d years ago too. A few ...
- Frac’ers rape the rule of law and gag Canadian First Nations under the guise of “Benefit Agreements”
Frackers Rape the Rule of Law and Gag Canadian First Nations under the Guise of ‘Benefit Agreements’: Case in Point, Coastal GasLink LNG Fracked Gas Pipeline Media Release by BC Tap Water Alliance, March 4, 2020
Vancouver: Since February 2010, the B.C. Tap Water Alliance has called for a ban on fracking (hydraulic fracturing) because it ...
- Time to Boycott Rape Culture Alberta! X-Site (‘Excite’) Energy Ltd. decal depicting rape of Greta Thunberg printed, distributed *without her consent,* posted to X-Site’s Facebook, Instagram; denied after public outrage; next a feeble apology. Canada’s oil patch collared RCMP, as expected, say the decal is acceptable. Gotta let the oil boys satisfy their penis’ wants, no matter how abusive or violent, to keep profits rolling in for the rich.
Comment by an Albertan:
OMG I hadn’t seen the image – it is so offensive, don’t even have the words. The rcmp are wrong – it is not consensual – Greta didn’t consent to it.
RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police, but not so royal anymore.
Comment by a citizen in Saskatchewan:
How would Canadian judges ...
- Frac’ing free-for-all rules the Rule of Law. Fraccidents burden: Trucks hauling wastewater to disposal sites resulted in surge of road fatalities and severe accidents.
In my community during the frac boom, Encana (now Ovintiv) and Trican trucks often raced through the playground zone, sometimes going 90 km/hr in the 30 km/hr zone. One parked vehicle was hit and damaged; residents were nearly killed, including a six year old crossing the highway to catch the school bus – in heavy ...
- AER enables Vesta’s rape of Red Deer River for frac’ing, allows withdrawal of “half a cubic metre of water per second” assaulting residents with 80 decibels “deafening noise” day & night, diesel & light pollution, forcing pilot to sleep in hotel instead of his own home. Appears Vesta is boiling the river for access; thanks to AER, when you catch fish in Alberta now, it’s pre-cooked.
Encana (name-changed to Ovintiv after running away to the USA, but still frac’ing and harming Canadians) was required to obtain licence under The Water Act to divert fresh water from gas wells Encana frac’d into fresh water zones around Rosebud, which would have required consulting with the community to be harmed.
I expect Encana knew ...
- “Bitter denial of justice” is the Canadian Way when it comes to corporate polluters but: Dear Shannon, Québec, Please, keep going! Keep going! Environmental wins in Canada are rare, often tiny, usually insulting to the harmed, but you’ve been treated better by the courts than I have and your lawyers didn’t quit like my lawyers, Murray Klippenstein & Cory Wanless, did.
Dear Shannon, Québec,
I am very sorry your drinking water was contaminated too, and that people in your community became ill, with the courts, regulators and government – so far – failing to do what needs to be done to hold SNC-Lavlin Group Ltd. and the government appropriately accountable.
You have incredible integrity and courage, and ...
- Brilliant mural by AJA Louden on “Crooked Cuttin’ Kenney.” Alberta UCP (“United Clown Posse”) & KKKenney Economics 101: Steal from the poor to fatten the already fat rich polluters
Comment to the article below by Grant V Bablitz: Graphic artists could do quite well drawing cartoons of our Alberta Government and Chrystia Freeland. Jason Kenney is a ruthless mafia Donsky who came to Alberta with envelopes full of cash, he’s a crook. A mural of Kenney with a priest behind him pulling his halo ...
- Protesting is not complaining, it is not sending out negative messages. ‘Pro’ means ‘for,’ ‘in favour of.’ ‘Test’ means, ‘to speak,’ as in testify and testimony. ‘Protest’ means ‘to speak for’ and is a positive endeavor.
The media, politicians, regulators, industry, and industry-controlled (fascist) think tanks and propagandists like KKKenney and his War Room staff like to portray protesters and those speaking out as extreme fringe whiners and job-less, foreign-funded malcontents.
“The truth is that those who step forward to speak their mind are happier and healthier than most.”
Thank you Robin, ...
- RCMP pensions invested in TC Energy (Coastal GasLink P/L)! Canada’s judges’ pensions in frac’d fossil fuels too, including in Ovintiv-Encana? Is that why judges hand out injunctions to the law violators? “There is a definite conflict of interest.”
Pension Pirates on a tear in Alberta! Where’s the RCMP? Too busy protecting their own asses and money while nastily TRESPASSING ON THE MANY HARMED BY OIL & GAS!
Does it get any more terrifying than this? Encana dumping frac water wars on Canadian pensioners? Encana sells troubled Colorado assets for nearly $1 Billion US ...
- BOE Report: Fracking with Jello: Family Propaganda Day at SAIT. Education Alberta style.
Comment from an Alberta prof:
Hi Jessica. Very good identification of an initiative that demeans and degrades formal education and the human dignity of all Albertans.
Comment from an Alberta rancher:
Thanks for this, Jess. I wrote to SAIT, again, to object to this program. If enough people do the same, maybe they will have to listen!
- Pension Pirates on a tear in Alberta! Where’s the RCMP?
Kenney also said that while his government believes in free market solutions, it would look at ways to directly invest in the energy sector due to “existential threats.”
He did not provide details.
“We will, as a government, be assessing in which ways we may need to ensure future investment in the Canadian energy sector to ensure ...
- Why is LNG being pimped around the world to the tune of $Trillions as more and more investors & communities say no to frac’ing and fossil fuels? Calls into question motivations of gov’ts and companies–do they just want to assert power?
Jimmy Carter Put Solar Panels on His Farmland and They’re Now Powering Half of His Georgia Hometown, Where the former president used to grow crops, 3,852 solar panels were put up to capture the Georgia sunlight, providing more than 50 percent of Plains’ energy
Wet’suwet’en: The canary in the Canadian fossil fuel cage, The era of ...
- Jason Kenney is so full of shit, it’s a wonder he doesn’t spend all his time in the toilet. Teck does only smart thing possible given the pathetic economics and investors globally rejecting fossil fuels; Withdraws Frontier Tarshit project. Excellent, now Teck can clean up its toxic pollution in BC and heed court orders against the company.
I don’t believe what Teck wrote in their letter withdrawing the project. I expect Teck knows there’s not an investment firm in the world that would have funded their tar mine, emissions/climate protection promises and unified Canada or not. I also expect Teck was waiting for Trudeau to give the company $billions like he gave ...
- OH RACIST CANADA: RCMP in Wet’suwet’en Nation call their rifles “Reconciliation Sticks.” BC tells victims of violent corporate heavily armed sniper invasion and arrests to sit and chat with their abusers! That’s more abuse! Karla Tait, Unist’ot’en Member: “Had the province intervened to confirm the reports’ [COASTAL GASLINK’S] shortcomings, they could have prevented the [RCMP’s] injunction enforcement, sparing us the violent removal from our lands and sparing the country the subsequent economic pressures of solidarity actions.”
Some excellent comments to The Tyee article:
The RCMP have been overheard in the Wet’suwet’en Nation calling their rifles “Reconciliation Sticks”. This was reported on the CBC Vancouver Island morning radio program February 21, 2020.
Forced to discuss what? The EAO, the governing NDP, Horgan and Heyman, just don’t get it. Their colonial minds (covert racism) still ...
- JP Morgan leaked report has dire warnings for human race. Then, quit giving the fossil fuel sector so much money! JP Morgan was one of 33 financial institutions that gave estimated total of $1.9tn to fossil fuel sector between 2016 and 2018
The earth is on an unsustainable trajectory; something must change for humans to survive.
Individual actions are not enough, we need government action.
Fossil fuel funders aren’t looking at the man in the mirror.
World’s Biggest Fossil Fuel Funder Notes Climate Change Could End ‘Human Life as We Know it’ by Brian Kahn, Feb 21, 2020, gizmodo
- “This is totally wild.” Coastal GasLink’s final Technical Data Report for their pipeline being rammed through Wet’suwet’en territory rejected by B.C. Environmental Assessment Office due to omission of significant economic, environmental, social and health impacts. Where cumulative impacts evaluated? What will Trudeau, Horgan, Scheer, Kenney, CGL and RCMP do now? Apologize on their knees? Kanenhariyo Seth LaFort: “When you ask for the rule of law, then you have to follow it yourself. You cannot remove people from their own lands at the end of a gun. A crime has been committed, and the RCMP are the criminals.”
OH RACIST ABUSIVE CANADA: RCMP in Wet’suwet’en Nation call their rifles “Reconciliation Sticks.”
Sean Carleton@SeanCarletonBREAKING: “Coastal GasLink’s final Technical Data Report for the pipeline they plan to build through Wet’suwet’en territory has now been rejected by the B.C. Environmental Assessment Office.” This is totally wild. Your move, @jjhorgan , @JustinTrudeau
To summarize, CLG, without enviro ...
- Legal scholar Joshua Sealy-Harrington “totally eviscerates” Murray Klippenstein’s arguments. It revolts me that my public interest lawsuit is being destroyed by Klippenstein pissing on Law Society Rule 2.09 to enable racism. After abruptly quitting my lawsuit more than 500 days ago, he *still* has not sent me my case files. What tune would Klippenstein sing if all the bias/prejudice was directed at Mennonite lawyers?
Comment by an Alberta:
ABlawg: Klippenstein gets his professional ass handed back to him
Comment to Sealy-Harrington’s brilliant piece by a citizen in BC:
Holy complete rebuttals, Batman! This piece by Joshua Sealy-Harrington totally eviscerates Murray’s lame arguments.
One of my fave bits: “There simply isn’t an apolitical term for describing racial identity. For this reason, Mr. Klippenstein’s ...
- Terrorism by Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) against Land & Water Protectors in 2013 in New Brunswick, in 2020 in BC, and at Ernst’s home in Alberta in 2009. “The people who filed the complaint in 2013 have yet to see the report…a seven-year delay in justice is unacceptable.” Ridiculous delays, including by our courts, are common in No Rule of Law Canada.
Report finds stops, searches of protesters ‘unlawful’: “Watchdog, The report that has been completed is absolutely explosive,” Grand Chief Stewart Phillip said at a news conference in Vancouver by The Canadian Press, Feb 20, 2020, Vancouver Sun
VANCOUVER — A civilian police watchdog has released what Indigenous advocates in support of the Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs ...
- Down down down goes LNG!~ It “looks to be a damp squib.” In Permian Basin of West Texas and New Mexico, gas “prices have slid below zero…that means producers are paying others to take their supply.”
Dictionary reports that a squib is a small firecracker.
Bye Bye Canadian LNG? Bye Bye Need for Site C? China introduces new incentives for domestic production of tight and shale gas and CBM
Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: Wet’suwet’en Raids: Canada Chooses Colonialism Again, A future of reconciliation is now squandered along with our billions propping up ...
- Diana Daunheimer: “It’s clear, the UCP doesn’t give two cents about public health, environmental protection, liability management, property rights, industrial compliance, sustainable water management or emissions mitigation. The UCP are petrol molls, simple as that.”
Excellent comments to the CBC article below, notably those by Diana Daunheimer:
JR follow to John Rock
First place to cut should have been the useless war room. Total waist of $30 MILLION $
The conservatives will never wake up to the fact that trickle down economics does not work. How many provinces will they destroy chasing this ...
- USA oil & gas produced 1.02 trillion gallons wastewater in 2017 (2.8 billion gallons daily). “The fluid can be several times saltier than ocean water, and it can also be contaminated with drilling chemicals, minerals and radioactive material…. About 1% was reused…as drilling fluid or frack fluid.”
How much in Canada? How much in Alberta?
Perhaps Kenney/CAPP’s War Room will dig into it.
Wastewater levels rise 15% as storage space runs out by Mike Soraghan, E&E News, February 18, 2020
The amount of wastewater created by oil and gas wells has increased in recent years, according to a new estimate, but not ...
- What does frac’ing do best? Polluting us while going bankrupt: “Staggering” $86Billion in debt maturities coming due. Investors now have “risk aversion” to the sector.
Bankruptcy risks rise for US shale, Credit crunch looms for producers as ‘staggering’ amount of debt nears maturity by Derek Brower, Feb 19, 2020, Financial Times
Bankruptcy risks in the US shale sector are rising, with weak oil prices and tightening access to credit worsening the outlook for some producers just as a “staggering” $86bn in ...
- To enable profit-raping & pollution by the oil & gas industry, Canada’s politicians pimp the rule of law, while they, industry, the rich, our courts and regulators piss on it, us, our rights, our families and communities.
Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: Wet’suwet’en Raids: Canada Chooses Colonialism Again, A future of reconciliation is now squandered along with our billions propping up LNG.
Stop using the ‘rule of law’ as a weapon against Indigenous peoples by Corey Shefman, Feb 19, 2020, The Globe and Mail
Corey Shefman is a lawyer at Olthuis Kleer Townshend ...
- Fracking is dangerous to our health, has ruined the lives of many. Workers “developed cancer, sores and skin lesions, chronic headaches and nausea, numbness in fingertips and face, and ‘joint pain like fire.'”
Fracking is dangerous to our health by Stephen Olin, Lancaster Township, February 19, 2020, Lancaster Online
Anyone who’s seen “Gasland” or “Gasland Part II” (available on YouTube, Netflix, Amazon or PBS) knows about the health and environmental risks of fracking that have ruined so many Americans’ lives over the past decade.
But most people aren’t aware ...
- “The train-wreck industry, a vital component of the Canadian economy….” CN execs demand federal gov’t take immediate action against protesters so it can resume derailing tankers and spilling oil on unceded Indigenous lands; Meanwhile, another CN derailment in Ontario, 5 of 30 cars derailed leaking crude oil, evacuations, school closed.
After second crude oil derailment near Guernsey SK (first spilled 1.5 Million litres; second 1.2 1.6 Million litres), Canadian gov’t orders trains carrying dangerous goods to slow down, but only for 30 days, maybe less (’til the toxic frac fumes fade?)
Spill from latest Sask. oil train ...
- Another new study unravels oil & gas industry lies: Levels of fossil methane naturally released are about 10 times lower than previously reported while man-made are 25-40% higher! Benjamin Hmiel: “We’ve identified a gigantic discrepancy.”
How is Jason Kenney’s propaganda war room going to spin this one?
How much of Encana (now Ovintiv)’s frac’d methane is leaking via contaminated water wells in my community? How much in other communities in North America?
Diana Daunheimer’s Excellent Summation of AER & CAPP’s Evil Synergy Alberta as to why Trudeau govt caves in to ...
- Rule of Law Kaput in Canada? It is in Alberta & BC. David Climenhaga: “Indigenous Canadians have been lied to, betrayed and abused so many times their forbearance and patience with those of us of immigrant stock is truly remarkable.”
Tweet by Mathew Schmaltz: “I grew up rich. My parents cheated on their taxes. I smoked weed in front of cops; Ain’t nobody getting ‘rule of law’-ed in 1% land. So when the CPC advocate for ‘Rule of Law’ for First Nations protestors; sorry, if I call bullshit. Hashtag Selective Enforcement.”
We do face a national ...
- Stinky, Sleazy & Creepy: Kenney’s war room records office is Calgary law firm Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP. Danny Yeoman: “War room is a GIANT WASTE OF MONEY…we’re having to lay off thousands of people to pay for it.”
CEC (aka War Room) Records address:
525 8 Ave SW #2400, Calgary, AB T2P 1G1 Phone: (403) 260-0100
The saddest most unforgivable thing in this whole embarrassing episode is that it was the same $30 million dollars from the carbon tax that was funding a solar and efficiency ...
- The Globe and Mail on Kenney’s flop of a war room: “The centre is not salvageable. It should be closed.” Great solution but CAPP will never allow it.
CAPP = Lying propagandizing Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
A few of the comments:
Such an interesting and unfortunately hilarious parallel between the neocon governments of Alberta and Ontario who both have at the helm stupid men who took over from very capable female premiers as a backlash against intelligent decision making.
It seems all these idiots ...
- Canada’s Corrupt Cops Invade Wet’suwet’en: RCMP & snipers drunk on abusing power; Video captures officer pointing gun at unarmed Denzel Sutherland-Wilson and Anne Spice (RCMP stupidly deny it). Julie Ali: “Absolutely disgusting. Stop threatening them.”
Canadians support Wet’suwet’en and chant: “When justice fails, block the rails.”
Child-sex tourism continues to rise in Canada and abroad: two year study. “In Canada, indigenous women and children are especially vulnerable and are often moved around to be exploited near oil rigs”
Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: ...
- Frac’ers’ Rule of Law? Oregon: Chemical Waste Management illegally dumped 2.5 million pounds radioactive frac waste from North Dakota company, Goodnight Midstream. Lucky law violators get no fine!
2.5M Pounds Of Radioactive Waste Illegally Dumped In Oregon Landfill by Monica Samayoa, Follow OPB, Feb. 14, 2020, Oregon Public Broadcasting
The Oregon Department of Energy has issued a notice of violation to a hazardous waste facility for accepting more than 2 million pounds of radioactive materials east of the Columbia River Gorge.
Chemical Waste Management, a ...
- Tyendinaga Mohawk Kanenhariyo (English name: Seth Lefort) to MP Marc Miller: “You had an illegal judge make an illegal injunction. … And had the RMCP, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, militarized police, that are underneath the jurisdiction of the Crown, enter those territories with helicopters and AR-15s [assault rifles] on peaceful people living in their own territory and removed from their own territory.”
Inside the meeting between Mohawks and Canada’s Indigenous services minister, Marc Miller asked Mohawks to temporarily stop demonstrations in Ontario and let trains through by Jorge Barrera, CBC News, Feb 16, 2020
Indigenous Services Minister Marc Miller asked the Mohawks of Tyendinaga to temporarily halt a demonstration that has shut down one of Canada’s most important ...
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres: Rich polluting countries need to end “perverse” fossil fuel subsidies.
UN’s Guterres calls for ‘transformational change’ on climate by AFP, Feb 16, 2020
Governments must deliver decisive actions and “transformational change” to combat global warming, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said Sunday, blasting a recent climate summit in Madrid.
The so-called COP25 climate talks in the Spanish capital in December were supposed to build on breakthrough promises made ...
- Pissing on Reconciliation, Alberta Premier Jason Kenney calls First Nations “Fringe Groups” and spews rule of law while he remains under investigation for breaking it. Law Prof Heidi Matthews: “‘Rule of law’ is a conservative talking point.”
Canadians of all colours are rising strong, saying “NO!” just like the (mostly white people) of Lethbridge did but Kenney didn’t call them a fringe group.
Lawyer Corey Shefman@coreyshefman, Feb 13, 2020:Remember when “the rule of law” prohibited First Nations from hiring a lawyer to defend their rights?
Remember when “the rule of law” stole Indigenous children from their ...
- No asbestos in drilling mud industry promises us. Then why so many lawsuits? “Asbestos drilling mud: When the mud is deadly.”
ASBESTOS DRILLING MUD LEGAL NEWS ARTICLES & INTERVIEWS copied February 14, 2020 from LawyersandSettlements.com
STUDY: MORE THAN 10,000 AMERICANS KILLED BY ASBESTOS EVERY YEAR
June 20, 2015. By Heidi Turner.Washington, DCAn analysis from the Environmental Working Group (EWG) Action Fund suggests that as many as 15,000 Americans die every year due to asbestos exposure. Workers exposed to asbestos ...
- Murray Sinclair defines the oil & gas industry’s most evil tool: Coastal Gaslink Pipeline Ltd.’s community-benefits agreements with elected Indigenous chiefs and councils are “Promise payment for silence” aka gag orders.
Think about Andrew Scheer’s horrid white supremacist statements in Parliament today, as you read these tweets first:
JK@jkaldestad Replying to @PnPCBC and @AndrewScheerA white male, in a position of power, preaching privilege on matters related to Indigenous people. I can’t even.
JC@JCCWhyteWhite guy living off the tax payer his entire adult life says what?
[oh ya, happy love ...
- How many years and millions of dollars to cleanup Encana’s (now Ovintiv’s) illegal fracs of Rosebud drinking water aquifers? Why do city-dwellers in Alberta get hydrocarbon pollution cleanup ordered, but not rural-dwellers?
Discovered in 1984, cleanup of gas contamination at mall could take another 15 years by Bill Kaufmann, February 12, 2020, Calgary Herald
Bankrupt Sears Canada and energy giant Suncor have been ordered to clean up hydrocarbon pollution seeping from a former gas station into a residential neighbourhood and toward the Bow River.
But while concerned residents who ...
- CAPP write this patronizing synergy crap? Did KKKenney’s War Room pay for it?
How demeaning to those sacrificing and suffering so much, courageously standing up for their lands, loved ones, rights and futures.
Reconciliation comes in many forms, Chad Norman Day weighs in on pipeline conflict by Chad Norman Day, Jan. 23, 2020, The Interior News
This is republished from a public Facebook post created by Chad Norman Day on ...
- New Study: Again, frac’ing linked to increased sexually transmitted disease
Nicholaus P. Johnson et al, A Multi-Region Analysis of Shale Drilling Activity and Rates of Sexually Transmitted Infections in the United States February 13, 2020 DOI: 10.1097/OLQ.0000000000001127, Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Shale drilling activity linked to increased sexually transmitted infections in Texas by Yale School of Public Health, Feb 13, 2020, medicalxpress
Researchers at the Yale School ...
- Down down down they go: Whiting Petroleum, one of the original Williston Basin Big Four, hit $2.54 today, down from 2014 high of $370
Shale Oil & Other People’s Money by Oily Stuff, February 12, 2020
The Little Rascals
In honor of Whiting Petroleum, one of the original Big Four in the Williston Basin hitting $2.54 today, down from a high of $370 in 2014, we offer up this image of how carefully they used other people’s money to grow ...
- Too Frac’ing Funny! David Climenhaga strips Jason KKKenny’s War Room naked; PS The New York Times is still standing.
How frac’ing stupid can the Alberta gov’t and it’s war room get?
So perfect, I had to copy the entire piece, visuals and comments for backup in case Olson et al call in the RCMP to arrest & jail Mr. Climenhaga for daring to exercise his intelligence, extraordinary wit and Charter right to Freedom of Expression, ...
- Ocasio-Cortez officially introduces bill to ban frac’ing across USA by 2025; prohibit it within 2,500 feet of homes and schools by Feb 2021; provide transition for working families in the industry. “Fracking is destroying our land and our water. It is wreaking havoc on our communities’ health.”
Ocasio-Cortez introduces national fracking ban by Justine Coleman, Feb 12, 2020, The Hill
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), along with Rep. Darren Soto (D-Fla.) officially introduced a national fracking ban in the House.
The bill, announced at the end of last month, serves as a companion bill to the Senate legislation proposed by Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and ...
- Legal Wow in Ireland: Plans to fast-track Shannon ‘fracked gas’ LNG terminal hits legal bump, Friends of the Irish Environment wins right to challenge inclusion of project on ‘rapid’ EU development list (entitles projects to “most rapid treatment legally possible” including “overriding public interest”).
Plans to fast-track Shannon ‘fracked gas’ terminal hit legal bump, Environmental group wins right to challenge inclusion of project on ‘rapid’ EU development list by Mary Carolan, Feb 13, 2020, Irish Times
An environmental group has got permission from the High Court to bring a significant challenge over how the controversial €500 million Shannon LNG terminal ...
- Two sets of laws in Canada – Indigenous law and settler law. “That’s why BC Premier John Horgan’s appeals to ‘law and order’ are so off-base.”
Heartbreaking comment by N Donna Wise to the piece posted on Alberta Surface Rights Group Facebook Page
Ten years of my life were spent keeping encana corp from drilling, thus ...
- Kenney’s 30 Million dollar Alberta War Room fartin’ up a storm o’ lies ‘n shit on Twitter.
Great comments to the article:
30 million dollar a year amateur hour continues. Pathetic.
$30,000,000 so “Executives” (read failed UCP candidates and party loyalists) can make $250,000 a year “givener” on twitter literally defending a future in which we fight over gas in a post-apocalyptic desert.
Did you see the article in the N.Y. Times? ...
- Premier Jason Kenney’s 30 Million Dollar War Room Fails: The New York Times reports on global financial giants swearing off funding especially dirty fuel – Made in Alberta Tarshit!
Global Financial Giants Swear Off Funding an Especially Dirty Fuel by Christopher Flavelle, with Jeanna Smialek contributing, Feb. 12, 2020, The New York Times
Some of the world’s largest financial institutions have stopped putting their money behind oil production in the Canadian province of Alberta, home to one of the world’s most extensive, and also dirtiest, ...
- Edmonton lawyer disbarred for lying: “The code of professional conduct prohibits lawyers from misleading others, either intentionally or accidentally,” while nine Supreme Court of Canada judges get away with intentionally publishing a lie in Ernst vs AER.
Edmonton lawyer disbarred after denying he had sexual relations with woman he was opposing in court by Dylan Short, February 6, 2020, Calgary Herald
An Edmonton lawyer has been disbarred after a number of complaints were brought against him, including that he repeatedly denied he had a sexual relationship with a woman he was opposing in ...
- Brilliant damning MUST READ by Joyce Nelson, notably on Environmental Defense Fund’s greenwashing for frac industry and stinky dots between BC Supreme Court Injunction against Wet’suwet’en (hold title on lands where Coastal GasLink, “CGL” and RCMP are trespassing, thanks to the court), mega rich Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., “KKR” and (pension-thieving to give to bankrupting frac’ers) AIMCo buying 65% of CGL.
Wall Street Invading Wet’suwet’en Territory by JOYCE NELSON, Feb 12 ,2020, Counter Punch
The uprising across Canada in support of Wet’suwet’en First Nation land defenders shows no sign of stopping. As of February 11, ports, bridges, rail lines, highways and roads have been blockaded across much of the country by solidarity protesters, who have also occupied ...
- 2020 Chevy Bolt Review: “Once you start driving and using EVs, you find that range anxiety is fossil fuel propaganda.”
The review is American, in US dollars.
The 2020 Chevy Bolt — GM Changes The Game, Again by Robert Dee, February 8th, 2020, cleantechnica
In late 2016, the Chevy Bolt became the first affordable long range EV (electric vehicle), beating the Tesla Model 3 to market. As of this writing, in February 2020, GM has once again ...
- Myth of American energy independence based on willful deception “Alice in Wonderland” forecasts by U.S. EIA. Best way to con investors into losing $Billions! The Permian is flat lining, most frac’d shale plays “don’t amount to a hill of beans.”
Enter industry’s financier, Jason Kenney, taking (stealing?) pensions of hard working Albertans for AIMCo to “invest” (aka knowingly piss in industry’s wind):
The American Empire Mistakenly Believes the Shale Oil-Gas Revolution Will Continue Until 2050 and Beyond, Part I by Dr. Leon Tressell, Global Research, February 10, 2020
The Trump regime never tires of trumpeting the ...
- Janvier Alberta: OK to go home, but don’t drink the water, cook with it or give to pets. “I just hope to God that people don’t sweep it underneath the rug and forget it.”
Janvier residents return home after evacuation, but they can’t drink the water, Residents left voluntarily on Jan. 27 after a chemical mix-up at the water plant by Jamie Malbeuf, CBC News, Feb 05, 2020
Janvier residents returned to their community Tuesday afte a water shutdown due to a chemical mix-up prompted an evacuation.
But a “do ...
- Too late, After second crude oil derailment near Guernsey SK (first spilled 1.5 Million litres; second 1.2Million litres), Canadian gov’t orders trains carrying dangerous goods to slow down, but only for 30 days, maybe less (’til the toxic frac fumes fade?)
2013: SHALE OIL WIPES OUT CANADIAN TOWN !
2013: Toll in Quebec frac’d oil train derailment sure to rise, Traumatized survivors braced for more bad news inspectors finally cleared to enter charred site
2013: US. agency says companies shipping crude in unsafe rail cars, Judge grants railroad bankruptcy protection after Lac-Mégantic disaster, About 100 residents remain homeless ...
- Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: Wet’suwet’en Raids: Canada Chooses Colonialism Again, A future of reconciliation is now squandered along with our billions propping up LNG.
BC Civil Liberties@bccla Feb 6, 2020
The BCCLA stands with the Wet’suwet’en Nation at this time. We’re highly concerned about the overpolicing of peaceful land defenders and of ongoing RCMP actions on Wet’suwet’en territory, which are in violation of Wet’suwet’en law and Charter rights. #WetsuwetenStrong
We strongly remind RCMP that blocking witnesses, media access, and coverage ...
- Oil & gas industry grifters everywhere violating laws with impunity, enabled by our regulators, politicians and courts
Carman: Oil and gas industry grifters violate Colorado law with impunity by Diane Carman, Feb 2, 2020, The Colorado Sun
Let’s face it, outrage is our new normal. … Still, even if you rigorously avoid the spectacle of $1,500-an-hour attorneys trying to defend the indefensible, there’s always more.
The report last week from the Colorado State Auditor on the grifters in the ...
- Danielle Smith propaganda published by The Western Producer called out by Alberta rancher Nielle Hawkwood
Ms. Hawkwood’s letter was published without references and some details added about Danielle Smith: Letters to the editor – Not all climate-change advocates are extremists by Nielle Hawkwood, Jan 23, 2020, The Western Producer
Ms. Hawkwood’s unedited letter sent to The Producer with references & links:
It is ironic that Ms. Smith warns of “Extremist Propaganda” while appearing to ...
- Oil industry execs dead in the head with desperation? Parsley Energy CEO Matt Gallagher tries to bribe Gen Z with “dazzling BS” in a “shale new deal,” blames Wall Street, teens and our “perception” for its demise when industry’s greed is to blame.
Sharon Wilson: “Oil and gas has been making the same promises to clean up its act since 2005, yet fifteen years later it’s still worsening the climate crisis and plaguing the health of residents next door.”
2020 02 06: Federal transport minister orders trains to slow down after fiery crash in Sask., ‘I cannot compromise on ...
- Oilprice: Fossil fuels are driving global warming; “it’s rather ironic that higher temperatures are now battering gas markets” into “Gasmaggedon.”
“Gasmaggedon” Sweeps Over Global Gas Market by Nick Cunningham, February 5, 2020, Oilprice
China’s state-owned gas importers are considering declaring force majeure on LNG imports, which would amplify the turmoil in global gas markets.
LNG prices have already plunged to their lowest levels in a decade in Asia as the ramp up of supply in 2019 came ...
- Suicide among U.S. working-age population (ages 16–64 years) is increasing; in 2017, nearly 38,000 persons died by suicide, a 40% rate increase in less than 2 decades. Rates significantly higher in five major industry groups with Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction (males) at the top.
Suicide Rates by Industry and Occupation — National Violent Death Reporting System, 32 States, 2016 by Peterson C, Sussell A, Li J, Schumacher PK, Yeoman K, and Stone DM, Weekly / January 24, 2020 / 69(3);57–62, Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2020;69:57–62. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6903a1external icon.
What is already known about this topic?
- Must Watch! Doctrine of Discovery: Stolen lands, Strong Hearts: Never mind sexual assault/rape education for Canadian judges, they need to learn Indigenous Law & Rights too (and how to be honest). But, is it possible to “train” misogyny and racism out of people, especially privileged (mostly white) people (mostly men) like lawyers & judges?
The water’s murmur is the voice of my mother’s mother.
Doctrine of Discovery: Stolen lands, Strong Hearts just over an hour, by General Synod, April 11, 2019
Refer also to:
Scary! Stephen Harper’s courts: How the judiciary in Canada has been remade Canadians must suffer his appointments for decades to come.
How many judges and lawyers in Canada abuse ...
- Frac blast from the past, Rosebud, Alberta (2008 & 2009): “Why the hell did you let those reporters drink your water Jess? Now look at them!”
The photo below was included at the top of my 2008 10 31 frac news mailout. The quote in the headline was made in response by a citizen member of my list. Two years earlier, AER when it was EUB, demanded I give them my list (hundreds of people by that time), which I refused. ...
- New York: Governor Andrew Cuomo promises to make permanent the state’s partial frac ban (only bans frac’ing with water, not other fluids, eg CO2, N2, H2S, propane, butane, etc)
2015 06: FINAL SUPPLEMENTAL GENERIC ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENTON THE OIL, GAS AND SOLUTION MINING REGULATORY PROGRAM Regulatory Program for Horizontal Drilling and High-Volume Hydraulic Fracturing to Develop the Marcellus Shale and Other Low-Permeability Gas Reservoirs by New York State DEC:
High-volume hydraulic fracturing is defined as the stimulation of a well using 300,000 or more gallons of water as the base fluid ...
- Frac industry is damaging the oil & gas economy. When flipping for a profit fails, frac companies file for bankruptcy, which in turn deters lenders. “Wall Street has basically completely turned its back on the industry right now.” Is there anything frac’ing doesn’t damage?
Fracking industry damaging oil and gas economy, expert regional economist says by Claire Goodman, Feb 3, 2020, Houston Chronicle
According to Dr. Bill Gilmer, an expert on the Houston economy, the oil and gas industry is suffering, and the economic structure of the fracking industry is to blame.
Gilmer, a professor of Economics at the Bauer School ...
- RCMP Mobilizing Officers to Houston, NEBC, Intensifying Harassment of Camps. RCMP are lying, as usual, “saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.” BC Premier John Horgan: “The rule of law needs to prevail.” Whose? White Privileged Rich Man’s Law? Oil & Gas Industry’s Law? Racists’ Law?
Do I trust the RCMP? No. They do not heed the rule of law. Instead of investigating Encana’s law violations, they invaded my private property to serve Encana (now Ovintiv), law-violating AER and law-violating Alberta gov’t, and cowardly tried to intimidate me silent.
Do I trust our regulators when it comes to the oil & gas ...
- Bank in Quebec, Caisse Solidaire, offers Oil-Free RRSPs! 250 professors, including from Calgary, ask Canadian universities to divest from petroleum industry. Laure Waridel: “One of the ways to put the economy at the service of the planet is to review the way we invest.”
Ovintiv/Encana, Chevron, Exxon et al deeply deserve this! CNBC’s Jim Cramer: “I’m done with fossil fuels … they’re just done. We’re starting to see divestment all over the world. … It’s going to be a parade that says, ‘Look, these are tobacco and we’re not going to own them.’ … Younger people don’t want to ...
- Texas: 3rd man, Brian Maldonado, 25, dies after explosion and fire at Chesapeake Energy oil well
3rd man dies after gas blast at Chesapeake Energy oil well near Bryan by Sergio Chapa, , February 1, 2020
A third man has died after a gas explosion Wednesday at a Chesapeake Energy oil well in Burleson County, according to media reports.
Oil field worker Brian Maldonado, 25, of San Diego, Texas, died on Saturday, the ...
- Frac’ing busts air, water, land, caprock, communities, families, and Pennsylvania school district finances; Despite promises of frac prosperity, many school districts continue to struggle financially, a struggle that appears worsened by frac’ing.
Fracking has led to a ‘bust’ for Pennsylvania school district finances by Matthew Gardner Kelly and Kai A. Schafft, Feb 1, 2020, Pennsylvania Capital-Star
Several Democratic presidential candidates have called for new limitations on the practice because of environmental and other concerns. Two of the leading candidates, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, have promised to ban fracking if ...
- Why the Guardian will no longer accept fossil fuel advertising. Bravo! Brava!
The human species is incredibly creative and intelligent, when it wants to be.
There is no need to fear the demise of fossil fuels, not even for the jobs the companies promise but have become too greedy to maintain, not even to clean up their hundreds of billions of dollars in leaking wells and facilities ...
- Ovintiv/Encana, Chevron, Exxon et al deeply deserve this! CNBC’s Jim Cramer: “I’m done with fossil fuels … they’re just done. We’re starting to see divestment all over the world. … It’s going to be a parade that says, ‘Look, these are tobacco and we’re not going to own them.’ … Younger people don’t want to own them. The dividends are great…but you can tell that the world’s turned on them. It’s actually happening really quickly.”
2012 11 28: Power of Attorney Calgary managing partner for Osler Hoskin Harcourt, Maureen Killoran, lawyer representing Encana in the Ernst vs Encana lawsuit:
And, to be perfectly frank, when you do energy law, as I do, or corporate litigation, you’re not dealing with life and death situations and people whose lives have been turned upside down, ...