- Environmental and public health groups ask Pennsylvania Dept. of Health to expand scope of studies on frac health harms to include facilities that handle waste (often radioactive).
Groups want fracking waste included in health study, U. of Pittsburgh researchers slated to conduct 3-year study by Reid Frazier, March 5, 2021, State Impact
Environmental and public health advocates want the Pennsylvania Department of Health to expand the scope of a pair of studies on fracking and health effects.
The studies are looking into whether fracking ...
- Monitoring methane emissions from gas pipelines using satellite data from Copernicus Sentinel missions
Monitoring methane emissions from gas pipelines by The European Space Agency, March 4, 2021
For the first time, scientists, using satellite data from the Copernicus Sentinel missions, are now able to detect individual methane plumes leaking from natural gas pipelines around the globe.
Methane is one of the most potent greenhouse gases, second only to carbon dioxide ...
- Take your environment and community raping Rosebud racetrack and stuff it you know where: Calgary.
Over 1,700 comments to the CBC article, many opposed and horrified.
The racetrack project is about 4 km from Rosebud. The noise will be horrific, amplified by the steep coulee walls. Encana/Ovintiv illegally frac’d Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers in 2004, enabled by authorities. I read the original EIA for this racetrack, years ago. In it, ...
- Australia: Victorian State Gov’t follows though on commitment, enshrines frac ban in Constitution, safeguards regions from threat of practices not trusted or supported by community.
Protecting farming and tourism from fracking forever Press Release by Victoria Govt, March 5, 2021, Mirage News
The Victorian Government has followed through on its commitment to enshrine the fracking ban in Victoria’s Constitution.
The Fracking Ban Bill has this week passed through the Upper House and Victoria’s Constitution will now be amended, safeguarding our regions ...
- Bravo! Congratulations and thank you Dr. John O’Connor, winner of 2021 Peter Bryce Prize for Whistleblowing
2021 Peter Bryce Prize for Whistleblowing 40 Min. Podcast, March 3, 2021
Announcement & Presentation of Inaugural Award
2021 Winner: Dr. John O’Connor
Join in the announcement and presentation of the inaugural award of the Peter Bryce Prize given annually to honour individuals who serve the greater good by courageously speaking up about wrongdoing and abuses of public trust.
- Frac’d to Hell NEBC, Rose Prairie: Explosive gas levels in *water* well kill $1.3 Million “potable” water station day before it was to open to the public. Taking bets: Will nature be blamed or frac’ers?
Rose Prairie is 31 km north of Fort St John
The gas-contaminated water well for the Rose Prairie potable water station, with two energy wells south of it:
Information on the two energy wells south of the contaminated water well:
STRATHCONA RESOURCES LTD.
STRATHCONA RESOURCES LTD.
2014 08 01: Leaking energy wells in NEBC, ...
- New silica sand extraction invasion of aquifers by CanWhite Sands Inc. and enabling authorities in Manitoba, Canada; Citizen water supplies already reported to be adversely affected.
CanWhite Sands Inc. reportedly claims their extraction project in Manitoba is to obtain silica sand primarily for solar panels, glass and other non frac uses. I do not believe it; I expect they are after sand for frac’ing and are claiming green uses to get rid of aquifer contamination and land subsidence concerns by the ...
- New paper affirms unprecedented slowdown of the Gulf Stream System (aka Atlantic meridional overturning circulation, AMOC)
Current Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation weakest in last millennium by L. Caesar, G. D. McCarthy, D. J. R. Thornalley, N. Cahill and S. Rahmstorf, Feb 25, 2021, Nature Geoscience The paper is a tart succinct read.
The Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC)— one of Earth’s major ocean circulation systems—redistributes heat on our planet and has a ...
- Wisconsin Frac Sand Mining Harms Lawsuit: Cooks Valley couple files lawsuit against EOG Resources and Kraemer Mining & Materials for property and groundwater pollution, damages to home, radon gas, health and property value harms
“Frac Sand Mines, Processing Plants, and Rail-load-outs can be found in abundance in NW Wisconsin. Many people, young and old alike, have had their lives impacted upon by health, safety, economic concerns and an abundance of other issues surrounding this industry since it first came into Wisconsin and particularly into Chippewa Co. about 2008 when ...
- Update: Mountains Not Mines mugs are back in stock! (I was sent my very own mug and chocolates.)
Mountains Not Mines and Fuck You Kenney mugs have been restocked!
This time, $12 from each mug will be donated to the No Coal Mines on Niitsitapi Land GoFundMe.
As of March 2, 2021: $11,345 raised of $20,000 goal
Latasha Calf Robe is organizing this fundraiser. The headwaters of Naapihtaa (the Oldman River) are under threat due ...
- New Investigation: Fractured: The body burden of living near fracking: Families in western Pennsylvania exposed to harmful chemicals; regulations failing to protect mental, physical, social health. In Alberta, doctors will not investigate if we are poisoned by oil/gas/frac’ing; will not take a blood test without politician permission
Have you been impacted by fracking? We want to hear from you. Fill out our fracking impact survey and we’ll be in touch.
Excellent photos, video and links to all parts (with many more visuals) at link:
EHN.org scientific investigation finds western Pennsylvania families near fracking are exposed to harmful chemicals, and regulations fail to protect communities’ ...
- Free screening Feb 28 & Mar 1, 2021: Invisible Hand, award-winning documentary, seven years in the making. “It’s about the water. It’s always been about the water.” Quebec’s Magpie River becomes first in Canada to be granted legal personhood
“The corporate goal is to make sure democracy doesn’t exist.”
As you watch this documentary, remember: Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) is 100% corporate-funded, owes Albertans no duty of care, is legally immune, has no public health or public interest mandate, and our courts – including the Supreme Court of Canada – used my lawsuit and frac’d ...
- How big a player is the oil and gas patch in sex trafficking?
Pipeline workers among those arrested in sex trafficking sting, The two men have been fired, and Enbridge said it has “zero tolerance for illegal and exploitive behavior.” by Brooks Johnson, Feb 24, 2021, Star Tribune
DULUTH – Two pipeline workers were among those arrested in a human trafficking sting in Itasca County last week, stoking ...
- Exxon erased nearly every drop of Canadian tarsands from its books
Exxon takes Canadian oil sands off its books in historic reserves revision by Kevin Crowley, Feb 25, 2021, World Oil
HOUSTON (Bloomberg) –Exxon Mobil erased almost every drop of oil-sands crude from its books in a sweeping revision of worldwide reserves to depths never before seen in the company’s modern history.
Exxon counted the equivalent of 15.2 ...
- Petromasculinity: Diamond Offshore Drilling got $9.7 million tax bailout, filed for bankruptcy protection, paid $9.7 million in executive bonuses, laid off nearly a quarter of its workforce. Seadrill Limited got $3 million bailout, did nothing to stem layoffs or bankruptcy. Superior Energy Services announced $115 million in payroll cuts, layoffs, furloughs; got $30.5 million tax bailout, paid $44 million to top execs, filed for bankruptcy
Oil Driller Took $9.7 Million Bailout, Declared Bankruptcy, Gave Execs $9.7 Million, Laid Off Staff by ClimateDenierRoundup Community, February 25, 2021, DAILY KOS
We and others have talked about Cara Daggett’s concept of petromasculinity a lot since she coined the term in 2018 to describe the way that the fossil fuel industry has been imbued ...
- Holy Frac Ban! Delaware River Basin Commission, water regulator, votes to permanently ban drilling and frac’ing in Delaware River watershed. All four basin states (PA, NJ, DE, NY) voted for the ban, citing scientific evidence that frac’ing has polluted drinking water, surface water, and groundwater. Delaware Gov. John Carney: “As DRBC chair, I welcome this opportunity to provide the fullest protection to the more than 13 million people who rely upon the Delaware River Basin’s waters for their drinking water”
Frac bans on a roll!
Delaware River Basin Commission Bans Hydraulic Fracking Drilling Activities In Watershed; Will Develop Regs To Manage Drilling Wastewater by David E. Hess, Feb 25, 2021, PA Environmental Digest
On February 25, the Delaware River Basin Commission voted to ban hydraulic fracking drilling activities in the Delaware River Watershed.
Delaware, New Jersey, New York ...
- New study: Unconventional oil/gas development has larger impact on ambient particle radioactivity (PR) level compared to conventional; Widespread upwind unconventional/frac activities could significantly elevate PR level in downwind communities and induce adverse health effects to residents.
Unconventional oil and gas development andambient particle radioactivity by Longxiang Li, Annelise J. Blomberg, John D. Spengler, Brent A. Coull, Joel D. Schwartz & Petros Koutrakis, 2020 11:5002, Nature Communications
Unconventional oil and natural gas development (UOGD) expanded extensively in the United States from the early 2000s. However, the influence of UOGD on the radioactivity of ...
- Water quality and quantity regulator (Delaware River Basin Commission) to make final decision Feb 25 on permanent drill & frac ban in Delaware River watershed.
Agency to take action on fracking ban near Delaware River by Associated Press, Feb 18, 2021
WEST TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — A regulatory agency that’s responsible for the water supply for more than 13 million people is poised to take final action on a permanent ban on gas drilling and hydraulic fracturing in the Delaware River ...
- New study: Songbirds’ reproductive success reduced by natural gas compressor noise.
Encana/Ovintiv’s noisy invasive polluting compressors (13 around Rosebud) have violated my legal right to quiet enjoyment of my home and land going on 18 years now. Because the company doesn’t give a shit about its neighbours or the health harms and legal rights violations it causes, Encana/Ovintiv installed two of its closest compressors without the ...
- Excellent letter by Darrell Trenholm on Alberta’s UCP.
UCP: A party that is suspicious, secretive and paranoid by Darrell Trenholm, Feb 3, 2021, East Central Alberta Review
The United Conservative party came to power in Alberta with a promise of sound financial management, accountability, openness, social and environmental responsibility, standing up to Ottawa, and of course, they needed to purge the dreaded socialists ...
- California SB 467 “End Fracking & Harmful Drilling Act” proposes to ban all new frac’ing and other risky techniques like cyclic steaming, acid fracs, and water and steam flooding by Jan 2022 and completely by 2027. How many companies will sue to try to kill the ban and what will Trump’s judges do?
California lawmakers propose ban on fracking by 2027 by Adam Beam, Feb 17, 2021, North Shore News
New legislation would ban all fracking in California by 2027, taking aim at the powerful oil and gas industry in the state already planning to ban the sale of new gas-powered cars by 2035.
Progressive California has long been a ...
- UK’s frac ban like Quebec’s and Germany’s? Twisted by definition?
Fracking moratorium doesn’t cover proppant squeeze – minister by Ruth Hayhurst, February 18, 2021, Drill or Drop
The energy minister has confirmed that a small-scale form of fracking, planned for a site in Lincolnshire, is not covered by the moratorium on hydraulic fracturing.
In a written parliamentary answer, Anne-Marie Trevelyan said the moratorium, imposed in England on ...
- New Mexico might ban frac’ing, study its harms. Industry loses it.
‘Fracking ban’ bill passes New Mexico Senate committee, slammed by oil and gas industry by Adrian Hedden, Feb 16, 2021, Carlsbad Current-Argus
A New Mexico Senate bill that would place a four-year moratorium on new permits for hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, passed its first committee Feb. 13 and is now closer to becoming law.
Senate Bill ...
- Study: Birth defects **significantly** more common in areas of strip mining/open pit/mountaintop coal mining; Health effects of related air and water contamination appear cumulative. Never forget: Courts ruled in Ernst vs AER that it is legally immune, owes no duty of care and is above Canada’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms. AER has no public health mandate and the Alberta gov’t removed its public interest mandate after the Ernst lawsuit went public. There is no authority to protect Albertans, our health, our rights and drinking water, and the feds have gone AWOL.
Comment by a rural Albertan:
That should give the Albertans that are opposing open pit coal a realistic view of AER policy and how the Supreme Court of Canada defends that policy.
The Effects of Coal Mining on Health in Appalachia: Global Context and Social Justice Implications by Adrienne Schmidt, University of Richmond, 2014
The purpose of ...
- Texas: “No, it wasn’t the windmills.” How much does the fossil fuel industry pay politicians (and regulators) to lie? How much does it pay politicians to appoint dirty judges to the bench, then pay those judges to lie, grant favourable rulings and gag the harmed?
David Weir@djweir Feb 17, 2021:
So… Katrina: God’s punishment
CA wildfires: God’s punishment
How Much the Oil and Gas Industry Paid Texas Republicans Who Are Lying About Wind Energy by Molly Taft, Feb 17, 2021, Earther
As the crisis of rolling blackouts in Texas unfolds this week, some of the state’s loudest Republican politicians are falsely dragging ...
- Feb 25, 2021, 7 – 8:30 pm: Expert panel on infectious lung disease and air pollution (especially important for those living/working in/near Alberta’s toxic tarsands, coal mining and or in frac zones)
The Southwest Pennsylvania Environmental Health Project (EHP) will host a virtual expert panel on infectious lung disease and air pollution. The event, funded by the Network of the National Library of Medicine, will take place on Thursday, Feb. 25, 2021 from 7 – 8:30 p.m. It is free to attend and open to all.
REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE ...
- Happy V Day 2021: One billion rising: “We are asking for justice!” “No more rape or incest or abuse. Women are not a possession.”
V-Day is a global activist movement to end violence against all women (cisgender, transgender, and those who hold fluid identities that are subject to gender-based violence), girls and the planet. V-Day believes that when art and activism come together, they have the power to transform systems and change culture. Founded by V (formerly Eve ...
- New study: Drone technology locates unplugged oil and gas wells
You can request the full study here: Successful application of drone-based aeromagnetic surveys to locate legacy oil and gas wells in Cattaraugus county, New York by Timothy de Smet, Alex Nikulin, Natalia Romanzo, Nathan Graber, Charles Dietrich and Andrii Puliaiev, December 2020, Journal of Applied Geophysics, DOI: 10.1016/j.jappgeo.2020.104250
From the air: Drone technology locates unplugged oil ...
- UK: Supreme Court rules Nigerians can bring claims against Shell in UK for severe pollution, incuding to their drinking water
Nigerians can bring claims against Shell in UK, supreme court rules, Ogale and Bille villagers say Shell oil operations have caused severe pollution including to their drinking water by Sandra Laville and Emmanuel Akinwotu in Lagos, Feb 12, 2021, The Guardian
A woman walks past a sign on polluted land in the Ogale community warning of ...
- “Nothing says diversity like eight white guys sitting round a table.” So many racist misogynistic Canadian old white men in positions of power enabling rape of women, children, communities, drinking water and our environment.
2019: Canada to pay nearly C$1bn to sexual misconduct victims in military, Government set aside funds for Canadian Armed Forces members but doesn’t admit liability following class-action lawsuits Again, none of the perps will pay for their crimes, only Canadian taxpayers pay.
Canada military trumpets diversity … with picture of eight white men, The new chief ...
- New study: Frac’ing is a Big Fat Fail; Appalachia’s frac boom failed to deliver on promises of local jobs and benefits. Of course it did, frac’ers and their enablers knew it would; frac’ing survives on conning investors, massive debt and gagging the harmed. Locals get: health harms; toxic homes, schools, water, air and land; frac’d authorities and courts; massive stress and sleepless noisy stadium light-filled nights; damaged roads and other infrastructure; more women and children raped; more STDs; lies and useless commitments from companies and lobby groups; fraud from experts and regulators; mega $Billions in clean-up.
This study reveals a frac industry nightmare that companies, politicians and regulators have worked for years (decades in Alberta) to keep secret.
Appalachia’s fracking boom has done little for local economies: Study, “There has been no business case for fracking.” by Kristina Marusic, Feb 10, 2021, Environmental Health News
Appalachia’s fracking boom has failed to deliver on ...
- Pennsylvania regulator DEP fines Range Resources $300K for submitting inaccurate information and not plugging idle wells, meanwhile Canadian regulators, especially AER, help profit-raping companies deceive the public (for decades) and dump well plugging and clean up on taxpayers.
Range Resources fined nearly $300K for misclassifying wells, Company did not disclose that wells weren’t producing gas, should have been plugged by Reid Frazier, State Impact Pennsylvania, Feb 10, 2021
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection says Range Resources misclassified over 40 conventional gas wells while submitting inaccurate information to the state. The agency fined the ...
- Equinor sells U.S. Bakken shale assets, posts record $5.5 billion loss for 2020; Between 2007 and 2019, Equinor recorded loss of $21.5 billion on overall U.S. activities, including $9.2 billion due to impairments of onshore shale and other assets
Equinor sells U.S. Bakken shale assets, posts record loss for 2020 by Nerijus Adomaitis, Feb 9, 2021, Reuters
OSLO (Reuters) – Norway’s Equinor has agreed to sell its assets in the U.S. Bakken shale oil province after a decade of multibillion-dollar losses and criticism for poor investment decisions.
Equinor will sell the assets in the states of ...
- Texas, City of San Angelo Water tests found benzene, acetone and naphthalene; “Do not use the water” advisory continues. Schools, restaurants closed, TCEQ investigating. After Encana-Ovintiv illegally injected 18 million litres frac fluid into the fresh water aquifers that supply my well, naphthalene – red blood cell destroyer and one of the chemicals used in frac’ing – was found in my water.
A little industrial history:
Hydraulic fracturing fleet to move to San Angelo by Kenneth Grimm, Jan 15, 2018, Concho Valley Homepage
From the press release:
US Well Services, LLC (USWS) is pleased to announce we will begin operating a high pressure, high rate fracturing fleet servicing the Wolfcamp and Southern Eagle Ford Shale plays out of San Angelo, ...
- Wild Wild West Cartoons by Malcolm Mayes: Kenney’s UCP and Frac Patch AIMCo Bandits Rob Teachers’ Pension Stagecoach
February 2021 cartoon by Malcolm Mayes, Edmonton Journal
Malcolm Mayes cartoon for the Edmonton Journal, January 2020
- New study: Fossil fuels caused 8.7 million deaths globally in 2018, one in five of all people who died that year, exceeds combined total who die globally each year from smoking tobacco plus those who die of malaria. “Without fossil fuel emissions…global economic and health costs would fall by about $2.9tn.”
How many suffer health harms caused by frac’ing? Is anyone looking at cumulative frac pollution in Canada, what are the costs to society? How many deaths annually?
The trillion dollar question: what does a trillion look like?
The study: Global mortality from outdoor fine particle pollution generated by fossil fuel combustion: Results from GEOS-Chem by Karn Vohra, ...
- Judges, preachers, associated leaders vs science/public health; Scientific/public health illiteracy and Big $ Religion. Trump’s Supreme Court New COVID Decision May Kill People
If the above tweet doesn’t open in this post, watch the 2 Min clip here: https://twitter.com/i/status/1357089883446145024
Edmonton-area church continues to defy public health orders, questioning COVID-19 restrictions, RCMP officers were on scene Sunday, where signs reading “no visitors” and “churches are essential” could be seen in the parking lot by Lisa Johnson, Feb 08, 2021, Edmonton ...
- Florida Big Cypress National Preserve (home to endangered species such as Florida panther): Texas-based Burnett Oil Co. applies to dredge, fill in wetlands for future oil drilling (frac’ing?), days after Trump admin sleazily gave the state permitting authority under fed gov’t’s Clean Water Act.
Texas-based oil company applies to build well pads and roads in the Everglades by Adriana Brasileiro, Feb 5, 2021, Miami Herald in Yahoo News
A Texas-based oil company has applied for permits to build well pads and access roads in preparation for future oil drilling inside Big Cypress National Preserve, which provides habitat for endangered species ...
- Excellent and wise reversal in Ohio: Akron mayor puts community and water first, withdraws proposal to frac under watershed land.
Akron mayor pulls plan to drill for oil and gas at LaDue Reservoir by Doug Livingston, Akron Beacon Journal, Feb 4, 2021
Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan is withdrawing a proposal to allow fracking for gas and oil beneath city-owned watershed land at the LaDue Reservoir in Geauga County.
While defending the environmental safeguards and economic necessity of the proposed deal, Horrigan ...
- Ohio, Noble Co: Genesis Resources LLC gas well (unused for years) sprays out what is suspected to be toxic injected frac waste (radioactive?); Over two miles of fish kill. Chemical contents will most likely never be disclosed. In a similar incident in 2020, injected frac waste migrated more than five miles.
Unused Gas Well Spews What’s Suspected to Be Frack Waste, Killing Fish by Julie Grant, February 4, 2021
Ohio regulators are working at a gas well that started spewing what’s believed to be brine water from fracking into the environment more than a week ago.
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources, which regulates the oil and gas ...
- Biden’s executive order on oil and gas drilling does little to protect health; Six reasons why Pennsylvanians shouldn’t wait on executive orders to stop fracking immediately.
Biden’s executive order on oil and gas drilling does little to protect health in Pa., Six reasons why Pennsylvanias shouldn’t wait on executive orders to stop fracking immediately by Edward C Ketyer, Feb 2, 2021, Philadelphia Inquirer
Last week, President Biden ...
- Trump’s Horrifying Frac’ing Shit Show in New Mexico: National Geographic investigation finds Carlsbad Caverns, scores of other caves and aquifers that supply drinking water to tens of thousands of homeowners at risk of contamination.
Stunning cave images at link:
Oil drilling on sensitive New Mexico public lands puts drinking water, rare caves at risk, A National Geographic investigation has found that Permian Basin energy exploration could taint residential aquifers with pollutants—as well as Carlsbad Caverns and other cave systems.
Oil drilling on sensitive New Mexico public lands puts drinking water, rare ...
- Major victory in 8-year fight to halt fossil fuel investments: University of Victoria, BC announces full divestment of quarter-billion-dollar working capital fund. More to go: Long-term endowment fund, valued at over $400 million.
UVic announces full divestment of capital fund from fossil fuels by CTV News Vancouver Island Staff, February 2, 2021
VICTORIA — The University of Victoria has fully divested its quarter-billion-dollar working capital fund away from fossil fuel investments.
The school announced Tuesday it had moved $80 million from the $256-million capital fund into a short-term bond focused ...
- Air pollution and COVID-19: A dangerous combination.
Download the complete report.
“Oil and gas production sites are a major contributor to air pollution.
Chronic exposure to air pollution worsens serious health conditions, including asthma, COPD, and lung cancer; premature birth, birth defects, and developmental delays; heart disease, obesity, kidney disease, liver dysfunction, and type 2 diabetes.
Pre-existing diseases or medical conditions increase the risk of ...
- Swedbank to withhold credit from worst polluters and new oil and gas projects, will stop financing extraction from Arctic, *shale* and *tarsands.* No wonder, with decades of trickery used by Big Oil to prevent pollution reduction and having become “really good at stretching the truth,” while Exxon cuts $20Billlion in shale value.
Image by FrackingCanada
Exxon: Historic annual loss, $20 billion cut in shale value by Jennifer Hiller and Shariq Khan, Feb 2, 2021, Reuters
Exxon Mobil Corp on Tuesday posted a historic annual loss…and the company reduced the value of shale gas properties by more than $20 billion.
Exxon last year slashed spending on new projects by nearly a ...
- Water tanker truck for oil and gas company being cleaned with chemicals ignites, causes explosion and fire at Dallas Pike Truck Cleaning Facility, two men hospitalized
Two Hospitalized Following Blast at Dallas Pike Truck Cleaning Facility by Scott McCloskey, Feb 2, 2021, The Intelligencer
Photo by Scott McCloskey More than a half dozen area fire departments responded to a report of a truck explosion and fire at a Dallas Pike truck cleaning facility near the truck stop.
DALLAS — Two people were transported ...
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court grants limited review of PROTECT PT v. PENN TOWNSHIP ZONING HEARING BOARD v. OLYMPUS ENERGY LLC, APEX ENERGY (PA), LLC, and THE TOWNSHIP OF PENN
QUESTIONS PRESENTED FOR REVIEW
The questions presented for review are as follows:
1. Does the Commonwealth Court’s treatment of whether fracking is a heavy industrial activity with negative impacts on nearby land as an open evidentiary matter in every case conflict with this Honorable Court’s prior indications that it is and promote arbitrary, Balkanized determinations of the ...
- PA: Another frac water truck spills.
Driver injured, fracking water spilled in Saturday tanker truck crash by First News Now, Jan 17, 2021, NorthcentralPA.com
WILLIAMSPORT, PA – Motorists were advised that the Route 15 northbound entrance ramp (Exit 29 – Mansfield) from Route 220 northbound in the City of Williamsport, Lycoming County was closed due to a single-vehicle accident on Saturday morning, ...
- USA Office of Comptroller of Currency (OCC) shelves controversial rule that would prevent banks from refusing financing to oil and gas companies
Regulator shelves rule meant to force banks to serve oil, gun companies by Sylvan Lane, Jan 28, 2021, The Hill
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) is shelving a controversial rule meant to prevent banks from rejecting corporate customers based solely on their industry.
The OCC announced Thursday that it would wait to publish its ...
- Wise Norway wealth fund (world’s biggest) sold off entire oil patch portfolio by end 2020, addressing a key risk. The fund revealed $10bn loss on oil and gas holdings in 2020, had been valued at more than $40bn. Asset managers to hunt down investment opportunities in renewable infrastructure.
Norway wealth fund withdraws from oil sector, New CEO focuses on sustainable investing and orders asset managers to find investment opportunities in renewable infrastructure by Bloomberg, Jan 29, 2021, Business Day
Oslo — Norway’s sovereign wealth fund has sold its entire portfolio of companies focused on oil exploration and production, marking a major step away from ...
- Sacrificed in frac zones: “Something just blew up!” Again and again and again. Another frac harmed family settles ‘n gags, enabling plenty more harms to come for many more.
A Carlsbad family has settled with an energy company over a burst pipeline that rained contaminated “produced water” from hydraulic fracturing onto them and their property last year.
The family reached a settlement last week with WPX Energy ...
- Blackrock, worlds largest fund manager, threatens to sell shares in worst corporate polluters, particularly oil and gas extractors
BlackRock Threatens to Shed Some of Its Massive Fossil Fuels Portfolio, World’s biggest fund manager will pressure companies on plans for net zero emissions, CEO says by Jasper Jolly, Jan 26, 2021
This story was originally published by The Guardian and is reproduced here as part of the Climate Desk collaboration.
BlackRock, the world’s biggest investment fund manager, ...
- “FixOvintiv!” Addicted to debt “Environmental Laggard.” “Failure of Governance, No Alignment or Accountability.” Shareholder Kimmeridge Energy Management Co. LLC: “Ovintiv: A Track Record of Value Destruction.” Sure sums up my experiences living invaded by frac’er Encana-Ovintiv.
Kimmeridge’s new website, honouring the bull-in-a-china-shop illegal aquifer frac’er:
That’s a big frac’ing minus 85% for total shareholder return since June 2013.
The Kimmeridge Presentation
“Despite the share price underperformance, CEO pay increased from $6.7 mm in 2014 to $12.6 mm in 2019″
Doug Suttles was plopped on top of Encana-Ovintiv in 2013. He came from BP, where ...
- Down down down they go. Why? Because of increasing competition from renewable energy.
Rating agency S&P warns 13 oil and gas companies they risk downgrades as renewables pick up steam, Firms including Woodside, Chevron, Shell and Exxon Mobil, told they could be downgraded within weeks by Ben Butler, 27 Jan 2021, The Guardian
Rating agency S&P has warned 13 oil and gas companies, including the some of the world’s ...
- Frac’ing takes our eyesight too? New study: Air pollution linked to higher risk of irreversible sight loss
PDF of the study plus supplementary material
Clinical science Association of ambient air pollution with age-related macular degeneration and retinal thickness in UK by Sharon Y L Chua, Alasdair Warwick, Tunde Peto, Konstantinos Balaskas, Anthony T Moore, Charles Reisman, Parul Desai, Andrew J Lotery, Baljean Dhillon, Peng T Khaw, Christopher G Owen, Anthony P Khawaja, Paul ...
- Joe Biden and Justin Trudeau chat about dead Keystone-XL and dirty oil monkeys on their backs
First time I’ve seen frac’ing called a dirty oil monkey. It’s perfect! I know intimately the hell that it is to live frac’d and polluted (going past two decades) by Encana/Ovintiv and abused by law-violating cover-up agents, AER and Alberta gov’t (managed by pro-dirty oil monkey Steve Harper, ex PM of Canada, pulling Kenney’s pathetic ...
- Another huge win for global movement to stop flow of money to big polluters with approval of $4Billion Fossil Fuel divestment. NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio: “Fossil fuels are not only bad for our planet and our frontline communities, they are a bad investment”
NYC Pension Funds Set ‘New Bar for Climate Finance Action’ With Approval of $4 Billion Fossil Fuel Divestment by Jessica Corbett, Jan 26, 2021, Common Dreams
In another win for the global movement to stop the flow of money to big polluters, New York City leaders announced Monday that two major pension funds have voted to ...
- Centre for Biological Diversity to President-Elect Biden, Re: Climate Emergency Executive Order, on behalf of 380 organizations representing millions of members and supports. Big Wow: “Holey macaroni!!! SCHUMER says declare climate emergency… ok who said dem prayers?”
‘Incredible’: Schumer Says Biden Should Declare a Climate Emergency, “If ever there was an emergency, climate is one,” the Senate Majority leader said by Andrea Germanos, Jan 26, 2021, Common Dreams
Advocates for bold climate action welcomed Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s remarks late Monday calling for President Joe Biden to declare a climate emergency.
“That’s huge!” ...
- TXsharon: “The SEC [Securities Exchange Commission] is finally tuning into the fracking shit show that it is”
Exxon SEC probe highlights concerns over inflated shale reserves by Kevin Crowley and Rachel Adams-Heard, Jan 25, 2021, Bloomberg
The Securities and Exchange Commission has been largely silent on the financial wreckage of the U.S. shale industry in recent years, but that may be about to change.
The top U.S. financial regulator’s reported investigation into how Exxon ...
- Frac sand mining webinar: February 18, 2021, 1:00pm CT (2:00pm ET). Registration required by Feb 8, 2021
Sentinel Training Online by stevie, January 20, 2021, Public Lab
Join us for a training on the Sand Sentinel Program!
Have you seen sand blowing off a frac sand pile? A stream cloudy with sediment coming off a mine? These are potential permit violations that need to be reported. The Sand Sentinel program was created to ...
- President European Investment Bank, Dr. Werner Hoyer: “Gas is over.” Oh, Oh! What’s gas frac’er Ovintiv/Encana gonna do? And, what’s Petro Pimp Jason Kenney gonna do? Fart bigger (after threatening USA with a tiny fart for wisely killing Keystone XL)?
‘Gas is over’, EU bank chief says by Kira Taylor, Jan 21, 2021, EURACTIV.com
Europe needs to acknowledge that its future is no longer with fossil fuels, said the President of the European Investment Bank as he presented the bank’s 2020 results on Wednesday (20 January).
“To put it mildly, gas is over,” Dr Werner Hoyer said ...
- Down with soon-to-be frac’er Elon Musk! To think I used to admire his imagination and critical thinking.
Elon Musk to Start Fracking? When did you ever think you would see “Elon Musk” and “fracking” in the same sentence? by bobscaping, Jan 24, 2021
… Let’s try to get this straight…
To be self-sufficient by providing his own super-chilled methane for SpaceX launches to Mars, Elon’s going to become a fracker. And since he recently moved ...
- Colorado: Grand Valley Citizens Alliance chairperson Leslie Robinson: “We’re not going to be fossil fuel driven in the future. I don’t understand why Garfield county continues to support an industry that is dying essentially.”
Terra Energy to cease oil, gas production in Battlement Mesa area by Ray K. Erku, Jan 22, 2021, Post Independent
Natural gas production in Battlement Mesa hit a new milestone this week.
Garfield County Oil and Gas Liaison Kirby Wynn announced that Texas-based Terra Energy Partners LLC has plans to soon abandon all permits for oil and ...
- Pennsylvania; Briggs v. Southwestern Production Company: Rule of Capture still bars subsurface trespass claim, including by hydraulic fracturing, but appears after much judicial scrutiny, nothing has been resolved except judges change the rules to suit whatever feeds the industrial-political demands of the day. Judges will change the rules next time too, no matter how specific pleadings are, eg will complain the pleadings are too long and demand they are shortened, as they did to me.
Pennsylvania Rule of Capture Still Bars Subsurface Trespass Claim by Gary Reed, Jan 20, 2021, JD Supra
After a trial court order, two appellate opinions, a dissent, and another appellate opinion, the tension between a well operator and an adjacent mineral owner over whether hydraulic fracturing can constitute a subsurface trespass in Pennsylvania has, for ...
- When will frac’ers and their enablers (regulators and courts) face the International Criminal Court in The Hague, for their crimes against humanity?
Past Mountain View Councillor Paddy Munro termed Encana’s aquifer fracs at Rosebud, “crimes against humanity” in his presentation on hydraulic fracturing to the public and council in 2012.
Above ad in Mountain View Gazette
Rosebud, Alberta. Encana frac’d many more wells after these:
Historic data on file at the groundwater database, state “Gas Present: No” including on my ...
- Frac’ing insanity in the Yukon. Chance Oil & Gas (was Northern Cross Ltd) wants $2.2 billion in damages (even though frac’ing is a major money loser and Chance says they don’t need to frac) because of frac moratorium.
One of the comments:
I may be ignorant of many things including environmental regulations pertaining to drilling exploration but for a commercial venture to think it can get exemption from fracking bans. Lawyers will try anything to justify their ongoing fees but I would guess banned practices are banned for a really good reason. They ...
- Frac’d Satan, Alberta: City of Lacombe enables mega fracquaker Vesta Energy Ltd. for a few puny bucks. Unforgivable idiotic greed.
Energy company to use former Lacombe sewage lagoons to store water for fracking, Vesta Energy Ltd. will pay Lacombe more than $100,000 a year in 20-year deal by Red Deer Advocate Staff, Jan. 18, 2021, Ponoka News
A Calgary energy company will pay City of Lacombe more than $100,000 a year to use former sewage lagoons ...
- Ohio: Erie Co Riseberg Pipeline delivers legal evil. Hits families that granted rights-of-way with mechanic liens of $18,946,185.00. Moral of the horrendous story: Never say yes to oil and gas.
Rob Schwartz comment on ASRG FB Page:
This is American information but similar situations can and do happen in Canada. ie; Around 10 years ago Alberta surface landowners started receiving demand letters from electricity suppliers to suspended oil well lease sites located on their surface land that demanded payment for unpaid oil company electrical use. The ...
- The Last Breath of the Black Snake. Elder Casey Camp Horinek: “In my small Ponca tribe, we hold a funeral nearly every week from fossil fuel-related illnesses. All our families have multiple cases of asthma, cardiovascular disease and industry-specific cancers. **Our wells are so polluted our tribe must now buy water.** Our land is so toxic, organic food can’t be grown within 16 miles. They call it economic progress. We call it environmental genocide.”
Dear President Biden, An Indigenous Perspective on Your Inauguration Post by Shannon Biggs, January 20, 2021, movement rights
Banner image: “The Last Breath of the Black Snake” painted by Ledger Artist Michael Horse to commemorate the Cowboy and Indian Alliance (2014)
By Casey Camp Horinek. Casey is an Elder and the Environmental Ambassador for the Ponca Nation of ...
- Turn toxic radioactive frac waste into bathing water to burn your babies’ skin off? To ingest, breath and live with? “It’s economically prohibitive to clean the water.” What do oil & gas companies hate more than anything? Spending money to clean up their deadly pollution, on the environment or to protect public health and our drinking water. Terrifying: Water management market for oil and gas production in the U.S. was worth $33.6 **billion** in 2018 (for their use, not ours!)
A tiny taste of toxic frac history:
2016: IMPERILED AQUIFERS: Texas flouted federal aquifer rules for 34 years, Failed to get federal approval to inject oil, drilling waste into groundwater, Promised 34 Years Ago to Track Waste into Aquifers. It Didn’t.
2016: The Most Horrific Frac Deregulation Yet? US EPA preparing for “widespread” radioactive frac waste contamination ...
- Canada underestimated methane emissions from abandoned wells by as much as 150 per cent; Texas and Alberta have highest percentage of wells but no prior pollution measurement. Of course not, Alberta is Hell where regulators help Encana/Ovintiv illegally frac community drinking water aquifers. Kassie Siegel, director Climate Law Institute: “Big Oil is getting rich. For individual, ordinary people, it’s all risk and no reward.”
“Methane Emissions from abandoned oil and gas wells in Canada and the US” by James P. Williams, Amara Regehr and Mary Kang in Environmental Science and Technology, DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.0c04265
Methane emissions from abandoned oil and gas wells underestimated, Uncertainty about annual methane emissions from abandoned wells in US and Canada highlights need for better measurements Jan ...
- Oil patch polluted judicial industry: Trump’s extreme right Supreme Court Judge, Amy Coney Barrett, hears climate case against her father’s ex-employer Shell; Barrett participated even though as a lower court judge she recused herself from hearing cases involving Shell.
Amy Coney Barrett is a Shell of a Justice:
Barrett hears climate case against her father’s ex-employer Shell by Rachel Frazin and John Kruzel, Jan 19, 2021, The Hill
Amy Coney Barrett was among the justices who presided over a dispute Tuesday that pitted the city of Baltimore against some of the fossil fuel industry’s biggest players, ...
- Pennsylvania’s Josh Shapiro, Courageous Attorney General who took on The Predator Pedophile Church (catholic), frac’ers and more, sworn into 2nd term: “Justice requires us to have one rule of law — not different rules for different people. Not competing realities.”
Josh Shapiro sworn into 2nd term as Pa. attorney general by Paula Reed Ward, January 19, 2021, Triblive
Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro promised to continue working toward justice for all residents on Tuesday as he was officially sworn into his second term in office.
Throughout his 15-minute speech from the state Judicial Center in Harrisburg, Shapiro ...
- Jan 19, 2021, Webinar 1: Crimes against Nature through the lens of Indigenous Sovereignty. Jan 23, 2021: Green Criminology Master Class. Feb 16, 2021, Webinar 2: From Grassroots to the Courts
The purpose of this webinar series is to educate and raise awareness on using international law, and specifically a crime of ecocide, to reinforce Indigenous rights and environmental protection.
Webinar one: Crimes against Nature through the lens of Indigenous Sovereignty by Stop Ecocide Canada and RAVEN Trust, January 19, 2021, 3 pm PT | 6 pm ET | ...
- 1982 Alberta: Sour gas and sickness; Smelly smelly run-around. Regulators/Health authorities, then and now, lie to the harmed, coddle the polluters. Alberta’s Pollution Solution: Discredit the poisoned; call them crazy.
As usual, after pointing out and or making damning documents showing health harm by the oil and gas industry public, authorities remove them from public access (some of these sour gas links no longer work).
Sour Gas damages the brain, even at very low levels:
1. Exposure to levels below 10 ppm permanently damage the human brain
2. Harm ...
- Pregnant women must avoid frac pollution to protect their health and that of their babies. How, when living surrounded by frac’ing?
NE BC Fracking May Be Exposing Pregnant Women to Carcinogen, Study Says; Researchers found markers suggested benzene levels 3.5 times normal levels
Encana’s Vexatious Sour Gas Frack Flaring near Grand Prairie, Alberta; After clip posted, Encana/Ovintiv pulls a scrubby dubby – removes from public access, their Emergency Response Plan
Above photo: Vexatious frac pollution in NEBC
Pregnant Women ...
- Pennsylvania GOP lawmakers sue over Delaware River drilling ban, Two Republicans claim Delaware River Basin Commission overstepped its authority and usurped the Legislature with its moratorium on natural gas development
Penn. state senators sue over natural gas ‘moratorium’ by river commission by Sebastien Malo, Jan 11, 2021, Reuters, Westlaw News
Two Pennsylvania state senators filed a lawsuit Monday against the Delaware River Basin Commission in federal court claiming it has usurped the state’s legislative power by declaring a de facto moratorium on the construction and operation ...
- RCMP: Oil & Gas Industry’s mafia
If you have a dispute with a company, they can call the police and sick cops on you right away. Then if you have a dispute with the cops, they can do an internal investigation with no time limits. Meanwhile the company goes ahead and does whatever it wants anyway.
Justice delayed is justice ...
- Pennsylvania: Delmont-based Penneco Environmental Solutions’ frac waste injection rears secretive toxic radioactive head. Dr. Ned Ketyer: “Fracking has a toxic and radioactive waste problem that has never been adequately addressed and solved.”
Community and environmental organizations have asked Gov. Tom Wolf to revoke a state issued permit for a shale gas fracking waste disposal well in Plum, saying the well could endanger public drinking water supplies in Pittsburgh and nearby ...
- Big $ Anti-tax Club for Growth gave $20 Million to Trump Klan to overthrow the US election. And we the citizenry, many starving, are directed to call politicians “Honourable?”
No wonder judges serve bankrupt frac’ers to magically make $7 Billion in debt vanish and dirty politicos steal pensions of hard working Albertans to launder into AIMCo to also give big money to bankrupt frac’ers.
Billionaires backed Republicans who sought to reverse US election results, Guardian analysis shows Club for Growth has spent $20m supporting 42 ...
- US “watchdog” (more like kitten) bends over for orange mad man and his mad Repuglicans (not a typo): Starting April 1, 2021, Big US banks forced to loan to oil & gas. Greg Baer, president, CEO of Bank Policy Institute: “The rule lacks both logic and legal basis, it ignores basic facts about how banking works, and it will undermine the safety and soundness of the banks to which it applies.” Big Oil no longer equates to Big Jobs.
Watch KopyKat Jason Kenney try to copy this.
U.S. Watchdog: Large U.S. Banks Can No Longer Deny Funding To Oil & Gas by Charles Kennedy, Jan 14, 2021, Oil Price
Days before the end of the current Administration, a U.S. banking industry regulator finalized a rule under which large American banks cannot deny lending money to oil ...
- Courageous feisty and wise Ireland! “Cork LNG is scrapped!” “Fracking and all of its effects has no place…. Not here, not anywhere.”
The Port of Cork has cut ties with a US firm which could have led to fracked gas being imported through, and stored in, Cork Harbour by Eoin English, January 14, 2021, The Irish Examiner
The site in the lower Cork harbour where the liquified natural gas terminal was to be located. File picture
Environment Minister Eamon ...
- Judge lets nasty frac’er escape bankruptcy, rules Chesapeake is worth $1 Billion more than the company does, sets free $7 Billion in debt, gives “big payday” to some, says to CEO Robert Lawler: “To remember that a lot of people have suffered a lot of pain for Chesapeake to have a second chance….”
Fracking Pioneer Chesapeake Energy Cleared to Exit Bankruptcy, The Oklahoma City-based oil-and-gas producer is authorized for a restructuring that cuts about $7 billion in debt and includes a $600 million equity offering by Jonathan Randles, Jan. 13, 2021, Wall Street Journal
A judge authorized Chesapeake Energy Corp. to exit bankruptcy and cut $7 billion in debt ...
- Florida: Bill filed to ban frac’ing and matrix acidization, “Because fracking is bad, actually.”
Florida lawmaker will once again attempt to ban fracking, Because fracking is bad, actually by News Service of Florida, Jan 13, 2021
After the issue made little progress last year, Senate Minority Leader Gary Farmer, D-Lighthouse Point, began a renewed effort Tuesday to ban fracking in Florida.
Farmer filed a bill (SB 546) that would ban hydraulic ...
- Mad mad greed in Ohio: Akron city council pushing to frack under 475 acres of watershed, upstream of the drinking water supply, for a few puny bucks
Akron wants to sell mineral rights for the fracking of 475 acres of water shed land by Doug Livingston, Jan 12, 2020, Akron Beacon Journal
Akron City Council has given initial approval of a deal to allow horizontal drilling and fracking under 475 acres of public land at the La Due Reservoir, which is upstream from ...
- U.S. Supreme Court turns down petition by Minnesota Sands LLC seeking to overturn Winona county’s ordinance banning the mining of frac sand.
U.S. Supreme Court Tosses Review of Minnesota County Fracture Sand Ban by Carolyn Davis, January 11, 2021, Natural Gas Intel
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday denied a petition that sought to overturn a Minnesota county ordinance banning the mining of silica sand, which is used in some Lower 48 well completions.
Minnesota Sands LLC, which filed ...
- RCMP told Ernst they “don’t do surveillance” when she refused them entry into her home without a warrant while trespassing on her land, lying and trying to terrify her silent after she served legal papers on Encana/Ovintiv, AER & Alberta gov’t.
Harper’s anti-terrorist RCMP squad trespassed, without a warrant, on my private property after the Alberta gov’t, Encana/Ovintiv and AER were served with my legal papers. I was in my own home, not attending any protest (contrary to what media and NGOs, claim, I am not an activist). It seems my only crime was warning the ...
- Excellent summary on water by Gail Tverberg, actuary
2020: The Year Things Started Going Badly Wrong by Gail Tverberg, Dec 23, 2020, Our Finite World
How today’s energy problem is different from peak oil
Many people believe that the economy will start going badly wrong when we “run out of oil.” The problem we have today is indeed an energy problem, but it is a ...
- Wisconsin: Judge denies frac sand mine permit; Rules regulator broke the law (as oil patch regulators do regularly, everywhere) when it granted Meteor Timber permit to fill 16 acres of wetlands
Judge denies key permit for Monroe County sand project; Meteor Timber sought to fill rare wetlands by Chris Hubbuch, Sep 22, 2020, Wisconsin State Journal
A judge has declined to reinstate a key permit for a Georgia company seeking to build a controversial frac sand operation in Monroe County.
Monroe County Circuit Judge Todd Ziegler ruled Monday ...
- Most apt legal quote of 2020. Prof Emmett Macfarlane on Canada’s top court: “The Supreme Court is a political institution.”
It’s a breath of fresh air to read frankness from a Canadian prof about our top court, which pissed on our Charter and intentionally published (and distributed to media) fabricated facts (lied) to enable public health-harming frac’ing and let Alberta’s 100% industry-funded energy regulator, the AER, get away with violating my Charter rights. An ego-filled ...
- Canada’s UNDRIP Bill C-15, “Shit Some More on Indigenous Peoples” bill to keep rape & pillage by white rich going strong. Rosemary Baxter: “I’m sick to death of our Canadian racism and discrimination…mostly against our Indigenous people. God.”
For Lucie Jermy, 1926-2020. Dear friend, I love you.
EXCELLENT WATCH! Messiah/Complex 1 hr 18 Min., Premiered Dec 13, 2020
Against the Grain Theatre’s daring new interpretation of Handel’s Messiah is a truly cross-Canada performance — in Arabic, Dene, English, French, Inuktitut, and Southern Tutchone, and accompanied by the Toronto Symphony Orchestra.
Two of the comments:
Michael Patterson: ...
- Think 2021 will be better than 2020? Dylan Morris on COVID-19 variant, B.1.1.7: “Exponentials are so cruel that nobody wants to look them in the eye”
The Mutated Virus Is a Ticking Time Bomb, There is much we don’t know about the new COVID-19 variant—but everything we know so far suggests a huge danger by Zeynep Tufekci, Dec 31, 2020, The Atlantic
A new variant of the coronavirus is spreading across the globe. It was first identified in the United Kingdom, where ...
- Illinois: Lodene Clark lives on top of NA’s largest underground gas storage leaking so badly: “The air explodes around her home”
The air explodes around her home by Chilliwack Progress, Feb 2, 1991
The air is known to explode on occasion around Lodene Clark’s property in Livingston County, Illinois.
Safety hazards, bad water and other concerns prompted the 62-year-old grandmother to fly out to the Fraser valley late last year to tell residents about her problems with natural ...
- Vile: Job killers Ovintiv (American, previously Encana) and Cenovus (previously Encana) get pandemic relief, Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (and help spread COVID-19 from frac fields to communities?)
Canada Revenue Agency names companies that received federal emergency wage subsidy by Bill Curry and Patrick Brethour, December 21, 2020, The Globe and Mail
The Canada Revenue Agency released the names of all companies that received the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy on Monday, and urged employees to report any suspicious activities related to the pandemic-relief program, ...
- Gas Patch Lie-Ability
Gas Firm notes water liability by Bob Spring, Manager Fraser Valley Gas Project, January 23, 1991, Langley Times
… Mr. Ferguson is understandably concerned about protection of his groundwater supply. This is an issue which has received a great deal of attention from groundwater experts So what? Many “experts” are oil and gas industry pollution enablers ...
- 2020 Shale & Public Health Conference presentations now available
2020 Shale & Public Health Conference Presentations at link.
The eighth annual Shale & Public Health Conference was held as an online conference over two days
Tuesday, November 17 & Wednesday, November 18
Featuring new research presented by national experts on shale and public health impacts, and practical applications.
The video recordings of the 8th Annual Shale & Public ...
- New 8-Year Study: “Significantly increased odds of hospitalization among heart failure subjects in relation to increasing” frac’ing activity near them; 12,000 patients analyzed. Lead author, Tara McAlexander: “These activities — unconventional natural gas development and fracking specifically — are having negative impacts on the health of populations living nearby,” thinks frac’ing needs to be banned. “We know enough to know that we shouldn’t be doing this”
Complete study: Unconventional Natural Gas Development and Hospitalization for Heart Failure in Pennsylvania by Tara P. McAlexander , Karen Bandeen-Roche , Jessie P. Buckley , Jonathan Pollak , Erin D. Michos , John William McEvoy , and Brian S. Schwartz, J Am Coll Cardiol, 2020 Dec, 76 (24) 2862–2874
Download FigureDownload PowerPoint
Growing literature linking unconventional natural ...
- Monumental Abuse & Deception; Symbolic Destruction: Largest coal plant in USA’s west demolished, brings end to painful era of poisoning suffered by Navajo and Hopi. Is frac’ing next?
Navajo Generating Station Demolished 1:41 Min. by Ecoflight, Dec 18, 2020
Navajo and Hopi Statements on the demolition of smokestacks at largest coal plant in the West, Razing brings an end to the painful era of coal for tribes; opens the door to healing and building new sustainable economies Press Release by Navajo Equitable Economy, Dec. ...
- Steve Harper’s side flake, Alberta Premier Jason Kenney, makes “worst people” of 2020 list. “Oil is over” and they know it but keep giving the industry billions of our dollars while enabling a viral murder spree with “Health” Minister Tyler Shandro in their lust to destroy public health care.
We must all remember that Kenney is a Apostle of the federal Harper government!! That should have ...
- Bravo Northern Ireland! Seán Lynch launches Assembly Bill to ban fracking
Seán Lynch launches Assembly Bill to ban fracking by Victoria Johnston, Dec 14, 2020, Impartial Reporter
A FERMANAGH South Tyrone MLA has launched an Assembly Bill to ban fracking in Northern Ireland.
Seán Lynch launched his bill at the beginning of the month and is inviting the public to sign a consultation.
Mr. Lynch said:“I have launched my ...