- Study: Covid-19 outbreak risk in Italy: Role of chronic air pollution levels
AER’s new dickhead Laurie Pushor off to Kenney-wanna-be-Trump races: “No Duty of Care” AER abuses Covid-19 crisis to deregulate oilpatch and foothills coal mining. (Stephen Cousin’s sketch may offend some, but it’s too perfect not to add to this vulgar news.)
Air Pollution in the time of Covid-19: In the Shadows of America’s Smokestacks, Virus Is ...
- Texas: Amazing Sharon Wilson SLAPPED for speaking out against frac’ing: “It’s not against the law to ridicule people who are being ridiculous.”
Sharon Wilson (SLAPPED for speaking out against fracking) by Protect the Protest, May 2020
Sharon Wilson is a fifth generation Texan and is considered a leading citizen expert on the impacts of shale oil and gas extraction. She works for the nonprofit advocacy organization Earthworks. Please visit her blog at http://www.texassharon.com.
Answers edited for length and clarity. Pete ...
- USA: Lying polluting big oil suffers two big legal losses
“Typical” industry lies and promises translated:
A landmark lawsuit against Big Oil is back from the dead by Shannon Osaka, May 28, 2020, Grist
Zombies can rise from the dead and apparently climate lawsuits can, too. On Tuesday, a federal court breathed new life into a lawsuit by Californian cities against Big Oil.
The powerful Ninth Circuit Court ...
- New study: Frac chemicals in farm water linked to rare birth defect in horses; The implications for human health are “worrisome” say researchers.
Environmental surveillance and adverse neonatal health outcomes in foals born near unconventional natural gas development activity by Kathleen R. Mullen, Brianna N. Rivera, Lane G. Tidwell, Renata Ivanek, Kim A Anderson, and Dorothy Mr. Ainsworth, August 20, 2020, Science of the Total Environment, Vol 731, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.138497
A high prevalence of dysphagia (milk aspiration) in neonatal foals ...
- If raped or frac’d and not rich or powerful, we get betrayed and abused by judges, lawyers, and the predator-led judicial industry
‘It’s outrageous’: inside an infuriating Netflix series on Jeffrey Epstein, Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich synthesizes legal information with first-person testimony of the billionaire’s abuse and bought immunity into a shocking watch by Adrian Horton, May 27, 2020, The Guardian
Jeffrey Epstein and Donald Trump pose together at the Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. Photograph: Davidoff Studios Photography/Getty ...
- Yet another study proves how toxic frac waste water is, finds 201 compounds in it, including carcinogens, that can “directly contaminate drinking water sources”
“.…scientists at The University of Texas at Arlington, shows that many of the chemicals found in produced water ( i.e. fracking waste-water ) are carcinogens, solvents and petroleum distillates that can directly contaminate drinking water sources.…”
… “It could be that a molecule can be still very toxic even if present at very low concentration, or ...
- Super stupid and “savagely” nasty UCP. Grand Chief Stewart Phillip: “Alberta Energy Minister Sonya Savage should resign…TMX simply does not have consent of all impacted Indigenous Nations, and that is not going to change because of COVID-19.”
UBCIC Responds to Alberta Energy Minister’s Cavalier Commentary Regarding Ease of Building TMX During Pandemic Press Release by Union of BC Indian Chiefs, May 27, 2020
((Xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səl̓ilwətaʔɬ/sel̓ílwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh)/Vancouver, B.C. – May 27, 2020)
The Union of BC Indian Chiefs (UBCIC) responded to Alberta Energy Minister Sonya Savage’s recent comments on the ...
- “Polluter” Shell & “Penny Stock” Pieridae to retry their sour gas marriage, coached by AER, funded by “Loser” AIMCo. Stewart Shields: “Alberta Conservative gov’ts becoming recognized as the worst petroleum managers in the free world—as this story by the famous Andrew Nikiforuk describes so pointedly!!”
A few excellent comments on ASRG’s FB page:
Another well researched “follow the money”article by Andrew Nikiforuk. Every generation has it’s share of snake oil salesmen but Sorrensen may be one of the best. To sell an idea of pipelining Alberta gas to the Nova Scotia coast to grown adults in government and high financial ...
- This is so special, and kind, caring, positively Canadian. Thank you Les at Costco in Edmonton!
Nathanfillion May 22, 2020, Instagram
The other day in Canada, a woman buying gas at a Costco had trouble with her credit card. The attendant bought her gas out of his own pocket and asked only that she pay it forward. That Costco was in Edmonton, that attendant was Les Thompson, and Les? That woman was ...
- Today, May 22, 2020: “Frackland” webinar (12 pm EDT; 5 pm BST)
Pennsylvanian communities impacted by fracking make plea to Irish politicians by Leitrim Observer reporter, 21 May 2020
Love Leitrim is highlighting a live-stream webinar called “Frackland” which will see communities in Pennsylvania outlining the impact of fracking on their lives.
This Friday May 22nd communities in Pennsylvania will make a direct plea to Irish politicians to say ...
- “Water is PPE.” Treasure yours, if you have some.
Here’s my “PPE” after Encana now Ovintiv illegally frac’d my community’s drinking water aquifers in 2004, enabled by the law violating AER and Alberta Environment, and politicians:
2006 Photo by Colin Smith
‘Water Is PPE’: Water.org Co-Founders Matt Damon and Gary White Explain Why Accessing Clean Water Is Crucial To Fighting Coronavirus by Madeleine Carlisle, May 21, ...
- AER’s new “Dickhead” Laurie Pushor off to Kenney-wanna-be-Trump races: “No Duty of Care” AER abuses Covid-19 crisis to deregulate oilpatch and foothills coal mining. (Stephen Cousin’s sketch may offend some, but it’s too perfect not to add to this vulgar news.)
Comment by a citizen in BC:
Terrible, tragic news. Such blatant, transparent, hypocritical corruption. This comment is very wise: “Desperation from an oil state is a very dangerous thing.”
Just wait, there’ll be many more AER Covid-19 deregulatory abuses ahead. I expect AER will piss on the “sunset” date, like they piss on the rule of law ...
- Industry’s and misogyny’s loyal Royal Canadian Mounted Police (Terrorists?): “Screw the Rule of Law”
RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Ought to be the RCMT = Royal Canadian Mounted Terrorists
The RCMP … in Deep Again – A Mair Usque Ad Mare – That Is to Say: ‘From Sea to Sea’ by Robin Mathews, May 20, 2020, American Herald Tribune
In British Columbia, as Gary Mason points out in the May 16 ...
- Air Pollution in the time of Covid-19: In the Shadows of America’s Smokestacks, Virus Is One More Deadly Risk
A few tweets in response:
Leslie Sayima Dreamer@earthspeakorg May 17 Replying to @HirokoTabuchi and @KendraWrites
Scientists may be ‘racing,’ but politicians NOT
Dorothy Dent@organicdot May 18 Replying to @HirokoTabuchi and @SierraClub
Disaster profiteering in the days of No EPA enforcement and an administration steeped in racist appointment And copied by Alberta’s Oil Patch Polluted Premier, Jason Kenney, in Canada.
- Norges Bank blacklists CNRL, Cenovus (split from Encana – now Ovinvtiv – after Ernst lawsuit filed), Suncor and Imperial Oil from Gov’t Pension Fund Global for unacceptable carbon emissions in Alberta’s tarsands. Updated with tar-pimping by Ms. Southern and Alex Pourbaix, CEO Cenovus.
Comment from a citizen in Victoria, BC:
Yesssssss! Now for Cdn govt to stop stupid subsidies, and Canadian Pension Plan to divest!
How will KKKenney ‘n CAPP eat this powerful news? Lie ‘n blast a lot? Down go Alberta’s heavy water wasting, polluting tarsands! Is this why KKKenney is stealing pensions from teachers and others, and ...
- Frac’ing Riches to Rags for Shell and how much hell and toxic harm for families and communities, Sells Pennsylvania shale assets for neat and tidy $4.1 Billion (90%) loss.
Shell Exits The Marcellus Shale, Losing $4.1 Billion And Raising Questions by Josh Young, May 5, 2020, Seeking Alpha
Shell is selling their Pennsylvania Marcellus asset for $541 million.
They bought it for $4.7 billion dollars.
Divestiture seems poorly timed considering North American natural gas fundamentals versus the rest of Shell’s business.
Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) is selling their Pennsylvania Marcellus ...
- Gas stoves are a major source of indoor air pollution, exposing millions of people to “pollution in their homes that would be illegal outdoors.” No wonder industry fights to prevent regulation of stoves fueled with their foul products!
“Ventilation can help, but it isn’t enough”
Any asthmatics in your family? You might want to get rid of your “clean” gas stove!
Imagine the harmful cumulative health effects caused by cooking with a gas stove while living in a frac field. And, what if your gas supply is frac’d and radioactive?
Gas stoves can generate unsafe levels ...
- May 8, 2020, Noon Pacific Time: Online Screening of Byron Dueck’s film, Valley of the Southern North: A love letter to NEBC’s Peace Valley and the people and creatures that make it home.
Online Screening & Conversation May 8, 2020
Join us and eat your lunch with us on May 8 while you are physically distancing. The 19-minute film, Valley of the Southern North, is a love letter to The Peace Valley and the people and creatures that make it their home. This screening will be followed by a ...
- Is it wise to threaten America’s biggest banks with an election looming? GOP gang go after banks for refusing to finance going down the drain, harmful fossil fuel projects.
GOP lawmakers target banks’ refusal to fund fossil fuel projects, “You think this is a cost-free action? Let’s see about that,” Alaska’s Dan Sullivan said in an interview by Anthony Adragna, May 5, 2020, Politico
Congressional Republicans are planning to launch a counter pressure campaign against the country’s largest banks after several of them ruled out ...
- Broomfield Colorado: To learn the true abusive nature of the frac beast & judicial industry enabling the beast, read this: Sheltering frac’d at home from Coronavirus has families frightened for their lives. Rightly so with published research showing air pollution dramatically increases Covid-19 fatalities, never mind living frac’d with an “evacution plan in chaos.”
Sheltering Near Fracking, Coronavirus has these retirees sheltering in place. A frack site nearby has them scared for their lives by Emily Pontecorvo and Naveena Sadasivam, May 5, 2020, Grist
This post has been updated to include a comment from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, which was received after publication.
It’s brutal living with frac pollutions ...
- Criminal Synergy strikes PA: Inflection Energy enters plea for allowing 63,000 gallons frac waste to pollute (dumped into?) Loyalsock Creek tributary, pays $55,000 (peanuts) in fines and donations (to make the polluter & frac’ing look good?).
When will NGOs and conservation groups start saying “No Thank you!” to law violating polluting oil and gas and frac companies? Accepting such “donations” enables the harms and pollution (often intentional dumping) to continue, if not escalate. Say “NO!”
AG Shapiro: Inflection Energy to Pay $40,000 To Conservation Groups For Polluting Lycoming County Water by David ...
- Bravo Northern Ireland! And then there were none.
This post is dedicated to Aiden Mahoney of Newfoundland, terribly sorry we lost you last night. I expect you’re smiling about this big frac free news as you venture on your way. Aiden was the funniest jolliest person I’ve met and a wonderful photographer.
Condolences to Aiden’s loved ones.
And then there were none by Tom White, ...
- Novel coronavirus hitching rides on particles of air pollution?
Brilliant quote by Texas Sharon, April 28, 2020:
We can and must do better than going back to normal.
Normal is the problem.
Global coronavirus death toll could be 60% higher than reported, Mortality statistics show 122,000 deaths in excess of normal levels across 14 countries analysed by the FT by John Burn-Murdoch, Valentina Romei and Chris ...
- Alberta Premier Jason Pipsqueak Kenney loses it in Covid-19 Presser: Smears The Tyee & 660 News Reporter Tom Ross for asking a vital question that many would like an honest answer to.
Definition “pipsqueak” in British English:
a person or thing that is insignificant or contemptible.
Comment by a rural Albertan:
Kenny uttered the thoughts of many Albertans, unfortunately.
They really do think that any mention of GREEN anything is an afront to their life, livelihoods, culture and identity. AND, anyone uttering the word or concepts is treasonous.
Kenney’s nastiness, followed ...
- Yet another new study: USA Permian Frac Basin leaking massive amounts of methane, “the largest source ever observed in an oil and gas field,” more than double federal estimates. How many decades will the frac fraud go on for and why do NGOs and synergy groups keep enabling the fraud?
Quantifying methane emissions from the largest oil-producing basin in the United States from space by Yuzhong Zhang, Ritesh Gautam, Sudhanshu Pandey, Mark Omara, Joannes D. Maasakkers, Pankaj Sadavarte, David Lyon, Hannah Nesser, Melissa P. Sulprizio, Daniel J. Varon, Ruixiong Zhang, Sander Houweling, Daniel Zavala-Araiza, Ramon A. Alvarez, Alba Lorente, Steven P. Hamburg, Ilse Aben and ...
- BlackRock Takes Command; “Literacy is Power,” meanwhile Alberta’s AIMCo Loses $4 Billion on bet gone wrong. Bet gone wrong or laundering (aka stealing) more money from ordinary citizens and pensioners to give to the rich?
Teachers! Do what you can to keep your pensions out of AIMCo & KKKenney’s filthy lucre lustie fingers!
Kenney & UCP: Don’t you dare touch my CPP! Alberta has stolen enough of my career, life, health, loved ones and home, frac’ing them.
First, these must reads:
2019 08 01: World’s Biggest Fund Manager, BlackRock, lost $90 Billion ...
- “The liar tweets tonight.” No, it’s not KKKenney, Tom Olsen, Tyler Shandro, Jason Nixon, Matt Wolf, Alberta’s War Room, Encana (now Ovintiv) …
… He says, “Hush you doctors, hush reporters. Hush you science nerds …”
“Everyone can get a test.”
“It’s just the flu!!!”
… “It’s a hoax like all the rest.” …
The Liar Tweets Tonight by Roy Zimmerman, Apr 21, 2020 I listened again with my noise cancelling headphones. wow. superb harmonies, instruments, a top notch production!
Come on America!
- Are Covid-19 fatalities a measure of the oil & gas industry’s killing power? More and more studies prove how deadly & dishonest the industry is. Message to CAPP & AER: It’s not “odours” killing us, it’s pollution, including nitrogen dioxide.
Worldometers update April 20, 2020
Nitrogen dioxide (NO2) pollution…“may be one of the most important contributors to fatality caused by the COVID-19” a recent study found after analyzing death cases from 66 administrative regions in Italy, Spain, France, and Germany. “Results show that out of the 4443 fatality cases, 3487 (78%) were in five regions located in ...
- An excellent read on Covid-19 and nature by Dr. John Ross, prof, dept emergency medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
The chemical blob that changed humanity by Dr. John Ross, Apr 16, 2020, Chronicle Herald
Microscopic view of the COVID-19 coronavirus, a pathogen that attacks the respiratory tract. – Postmedia News
It is crazy what an invisible particle made of fat, protein, and RNA — despite lacking a nervous system, consciousness or intent — has done to ...
- A message to Premier Jason Kenney from Alberta workers
Did Kenney and his lying corrupt abusive UCP intentionally order rejected toxic, defective PPE for Alberta’s medical workers while giving away (and arrogantly serving political self interests) the locally made safe functional stuff? Sick creeps.
Comment by a rural Albertan: In the CBC article , this quote is enraging – it’s exactly what KKKenney has ...
- That goofy letter from Kingston to Jason Kenney: Kenney has lied so many times now I don’t believe anything he spews forth, certainly not the letter and $1,000 donation he says he was sent.
Did Kenney’s War Room set this up? How much did they pay for it? Ontario couple who mailed $1,000 cheque to Alberta come forward by CTV News, April 17, 2020. Make sure to put clothes pegs on your nose if you listen to the couple.
The oil and gas industry is destroying Canada, leaving toxic leaking ...
- Going Going Seized? US Banks prep to take over energy assets as frac boom fracs to bits. Why didn’t Alberta, BC, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Ontario, etc, do this years ago?
What does frac’ing do best? Polluting us while going bankrupt: “Staggering” $86Billion in debt maturities coming due. Investors now have “risk aversion” to the sector.
Frac industry is damaging the oil & gas economy. When flipping for a profit fails, frac companies file for bankruptcy, which in turn deters lenders. “Wall Street has basically completely turned ...
- Alberta Premier Jason Kenney clusterfucks it up – again. “If Kenney’s path to the federal PMO is paved in N95 face masks, it proves how much stupid he’s willing to do to satisfy [h]is angry dwarf ego.”
Definition clus·ter·fuck : a disastrously mishandled situation or undertaking.
Warning, this is a nauseating read. Prep your vomit buckets. Kenney ‘n Harper coniving with Trump to force the oil and gas industry’s health-harming polluting bankrupting “economy” on humanity, no matter how many Covid-19 fatalities, including first responders and health care workers? “Let’s all die together” to ...
- Women vs coronavirus
Choir of Women Physicians sings RISE AGAIN (virtually) by Voices Rock Canada! Premiered Apr 8, 2020, song written by Cape Breton’s Leon Dubinsky
Thank you to the incredible healthcare community!
Voices Rock Medicine, our very own choir of women physicians has put together this heartfelt tribute, dedicated to the superheroes of Canadian healthcare, and beyond.
Help us ...
- Nasty selfish oil patch polluted Alberta: Some things never change
Notice the licence plate:
Unfortunately, thanks to Alberta’s many selfishly rotten ultra-conservative/republican citizens and the dirty politicians they vote for like Jason Kenney, the corrupt, law-violating, non-regulating AER, and the law-violating, polluting oil industry, Alberta’s air, food, land and water are not clean.
Suddenly an independent Alberta doesn’t seem so appealing by Gillian Steward, April 7, 2020, ...
- Covid-19 takes John Prine.
Beautiful tributes with brilliant Prine words and music at link:
In Memoriam April 7, 2020·1 hour ago
Grammy-winning singer-songwriter John Prine dies from coronavirus complications
Grammy-winning singer-songwriter John Prine dies from coronavirus complicationsPrine, who was placed in intensive care after a sudden onset of COVID-19 symptoms, died of complications related to the virus on Tuesday aged 73, ...
- New research on Covid-19: Are you and your loved ones frac’d? Air pollution linked to 15 percent higher coronavirus death rates
COVID-19 PM2.5, A national study on long-term exposure to air pollution and COVID-19 mortality in the United States
Exposure to air pollution and COVID-19 mortality in the United States (Updated April 5, 2020) Press Release by Harvard University
Background: United States government scientists estimate that COVID-19 may kill between 100,000 and 240,000 Americans. The majority of the pre-existing ...
- Covid-19: Economy-wrecker Steve Harper create this conniving Kenney War Room press release? Mighty evil conning Albertans during a pandemic. Shut the frac’ing lying room down, transfer the $100 million plus to health care.
Kenney & Harper need to go back to school to learn some math and honesty. Of course the dutiful media (on the war room’s payroll?) published the war room’s horrid covid-19 lies.
Here’s the war room’s press release, you do the math.
Kenney n CAPP et al made the War Room unFOIPable, so no one can ...
- BC’s Site C Dam: Overtime pay to lure in workers? With free temperature checks and 150 rooms reserved for quarantine? No details on how covid-19 asymptomatic workers will be identified or how many families will be infected when workers head home.
Susan De@SusanFDeThey must be having trouble finding workers if they have to pay overtime for 8 week shifts. Maybe most will just rather stay home?
Overtime pay, temperature checks at Site C Dam by Alaska Highway News, Mar 30, 2020
Crews at Site C working through the COVID-19 pandemic will be on an extended shift rotation ...
- Damn it. Covid-19: John Prine’s “situation is critical”
Is Monster Orange (Trump) making sure New York doesn’t get the required supplies, letting New Yorkers die from covid-19 because they are smart enough not to vote for him? Meanwhile, the monster is giving hundreds of billions of dollars in gifts and deregulation to the lung-and-heart-decimating, law-violating, morally bankrupt oil and gas industry.
As of April ...
- Rule-of-law-when-it-suits-them: Trump order this for his pals to stretch their selfish greedy pockets even more while escalating pollution that’s already risking the lungs & lives of millions? Covid-19 can be brutal on healthy lungs, never mind lungs poisoned by fossil fuels.
Will Kopy Kat Kenney, Premier of Alberta, order AER to do the same, John Horgan, Premier of BC, order OGC, etc etc etc.?
Covid-19 deaths and new cases in USA as of 5:30pm, March 28, 2020:
Trump’s Environmental Rollbacks Find Opposition Within: Staff Scientists, Federal scientists and lawyers, told to undo regulations that some have worked on ...
- AER picks next “Dickhead” (Pres & CEO): “Back Door” Laurie Pushor, reportedly scandle-corroded pisser on rules, conflict of interest old white man, was Alberta gov’t official under Ralph Klein, is Saskatchewan’s Deputy Minister Energy & Resources and on the Board of STEP, Sask Trade & ***Export*** Partnership
Will AER be paying Pushor and his wife to travel to and from work, like they paid past Pres & CEO Jim Ellis?
Lots more Pushor crud out there, if you google around.
New Alberta Energy Regulator CEO was central figure in Saskatchewan scandal, Laurie Pushor’s appointment will not help restore AER’s scandalized reputation: MLAs by Jennie Russell, ...
- Gillian Hnatiw, Canadian lawyer, female: “Fundamentally, the law is about power – who has it, who gets it, and how they are allowed to wield it. … Yet evidence of misogyny remains all around us. Lest anyone forget, there is a self-confessed sexual predator in the White House. … In Canada, we’re not faring a whole lot better…. All of our political leaders are men.”
Gillian Hnatiw speech at the 20th Toronto Lawyers Association Awards Gala March 5, 2020, Legal Matters
The following speech was delivered by Gillian Hnatiw at the 2020 Toronto Lawyers Association Annual gala, as she accepted the Honsberger Award, given to a lawyer who exemplifies knowledge, community and advocacy.
My thanks to the Toronto Lawyers Association for recognizing ...
- Here comes the Orange Easter Killer Bunny
Why Trump’s plan is more than just sacrificing old people, it’s guaranteed to destroy the nation by Mark Sumner, March 25, 2020, Daily Kos
Donald Trump is suggesting that we should rescind efforts at coronavirus suppression in order to “save” the economy, while Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick of Texas calls on patriotic grandparents to sacrifice themselves to drive up the Dow. Across the ...
- Covid-19 cases in profit-before-public-health UK sky rocket: 28 new deaths in last 24 hours include 47 and 21 year olds, both with no underlying health conditions. Ontario: Two 20 year olds in ICU. It’s a powerful time to practice love – stay home, put others first!
2 more deaths, 170 new cases of COVID-19 in Ontario as officials warn number could ‘go up again’, Province says there have been 15 deaths and 8 cases that are resolved by CBC News, Mar 26, 2020
… Of the people infected, 29 are in ICU in hospital, 20 of them on ventilators. Two of the ...
- Must read on Covid-19 in New York by Craig Spencer MD MPH, Director of Global Health in Emergency Medicine: “Hospitals are nearing capacity. We are running out of ventilators. Ambulance sirens don’t stop.” This will be the same in Canada.
Note: This thread is related to #Coronavirus #COVID19Follow the World Health Organization‘s instructions to reduce your risk of infection:
1/ Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
2/ When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw issue away immediately and wash hands.
3/ Avoid close contact with ...
- Why are more men getting Covid-19 than women? Too many men not washing their hands? Ordered into death camps by gov’ts like BC’s NDP? What happens in the toxic tarshit & Site C dam work camps when the virus invades, if not already there? What when workers take the virus home to their families, spreading it at Calgary’s airport on the way? Installing hand sanitation stations in camps now is way too late.
Much of the world no longer wants Alberta’s toxic tarshit. The work camps, and at Site C, need to be closed until the pandemic ends so as to protect workers and public health.
Tarshit companies made billions and many oil and gas companies, including Encana-Ovintiv-Cenovus, hoard billions in cash. They can pay their workers and ...
- Covid-19: “And the people stayed home,” Cartoons, Pooh & Piglet prepare for quarantine, easy to understand videos. Peter Diamandis, MD: “We’re going to science the shit out of this virus!”
I’ve read in some research papers that the virus seems to like high blood sugar (who/what doesn’t?), perhaps thus why diabetics at high risk (other people at risk to, with impaired breathing/immune system, heart conditions, etc). Best that we do not shop like Piglet and Pooh (see their list below).
And, as comforting as alcohol ...
- They frac you, then abuse you and abuse you and abuse you. Cabot Oil & Gas Corp. pulls out of talks in $5M lawsuit against frac-harmed Ray Kemble in what appears to be a nasty SLAPP
Gas driller pulls out of talks in $5M suit against resident by Associated Press, Mar 5, 2020, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
One of Pennsylvania’s largest gas drillers pulled out of settlement talks aimed at resolving its $5 million lawsuit against a resident whose drinking water was contaminated and who has spent years bashing the energy industry.
Houston, Texas-based Cabot ...
- Covid-19: Wise, loving, succinct, compassionate message from The Physicians of Fox Creek, Alberta
A Message from your local doctors, Message To the People of Fox Creek by March 18, 2020
We, as a community, are facing a crisis and for the rest of our lives we will remember for how we dealt with Covid-19.
The virus seems to control us and it will get much worse. It ...
- Bravo Scotland to scare away Ineos from CBM frac’ing, rendering your drinking water too dangerous to use to flush toilets, never mind bathe in or drink! Companies know healthy communities cannot be divided & conquered with their lies & bribes.
CBM = Coalbed Methane, Natural Gas from Coal (NGC), Coal Seam Gas (CSG). CBM’s terrible impacts are now well known, so companies, gov’ts and regulators like to change its name to con communities into accepting it.
To read some CBM history, science and frac’ing horror shit shows, read Andrew Nikiforuk’s Slick Water.
Andrew Nikiforuk honoured with ...
- Humanity on a roll – backwards: 91% of men, 86% of women hold at least one bias against women in relation to politics, economics, education, violence or reproductive rights. Almost one third of men and women think it’s OK for a man to beat his wife. How many think it’s OK for men to rape & murder women? Too many judges do.
Nine out of 10 people found to be biased against women, Analysis of 75 countries reveals ‘shocking’ scale of global women’s rights backlashGlobal development is supported by Liz Ford, Mar 5, 2020, The Guardian
Almost 90% of people are biased against women, according to a new index that highlights the “shocking” extent of the global backlash ...
- Firestone, Weld Co, Colorado record fine by more than 11 times for industry’s leaking methane caused home explosion killing two, injuring two others. COGCC seeking $18.25 Million against Kerr McGee, subsidiary of Anadarko most recently sold to Occidental Petroleum
Compare to Encana fined nothing by EUB/ERCB/AER for illegaly frac’ing Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers, followed by water wells community-wide contaminated with methane (historic records for my water well and others on file with the regulator say “Gas Present: No”), ethane, and more, and the community water tower blowing up and destroyed in an explosion from ...
- Nothing baffling about Teck’s river-polluting corporate practices
Coal miner Teck says it’s baffled by fish collapse downstream of British Columbia mines, Reports on selenium concentrations in area waterways have levels at the maximum or above drinking water guidelines. Two are four times higher by The Canadian Press, Mar 8, 2020, Calgary Herald
Teck Resources says it’s baffled over the virtual disappearance of a ...
- Minnesota Supreme Court upholds Winona County ban on frac sand mining, disagreeing with a local company that the 2016 ban infringed on their constituional rights. Bravo to Winona County Board for their courage, integrity, ethics and stamina!
Minnesota Supreme Court upholds Winona County ban on frac sand mining, A sand mine business argued that the ban was unconstitutional, but had lost earlier rulings before appealing to the high court by Matt McKinney, Mar 11, 2020, Star Tribune
The Minnesota Supreme Court on Wednesday let stand a Winona County ban on frac sand ...
- Living with Encana (Ovintiv) in Pavillion, Wyoming. Sue Spencer, hydrogeologist: “There’s this veil of secrecy about everything they do. … The oil industry went nuts. ….[the oil lobby] was just like, ‘you can’t say that groundwater was impacted by the fracking industry.’”
“To let this go on for 10 or 15 years and these people still have no water except for a few bottles delivered once a week is just not right.”
In 2006, in the Legislature, Premier of Alberta Ralph Klein promised frac-harmed families permanent safe alternate water but some, eg the Campbells and Zimmermans, never received ...
- Wet’suwet’en, BCCLA & UBCIC release explosive letter. Horgan needs to be called out for causing RCMP shit show of trespass and violence against citizens on their own lands. BC Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General Mike Farnworth directed the heavily armed sniper invasion while Horgan et al keep lying through their frac-rotten teeth, claiming they can’t direct RCMP.
RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police (royal no more).
Over 5900 Professors and Scholars from across Canada and around the world sign “Statement of Solidarity with the Wet’suwet’en people of British Columbia”
Comment to a citizen in BC:
Oh wow,….this letter by the 4 Women below is so compelling – it brings tears to my eyes. ...
- The Alberta gov’t and oil & gas industry are partners in a money laundering scheme. Just another massive subsidy ($100 million this time) to a multi-$billion profiting, horrifically abusive, lying, polluting, job decimating (by automation & greed) industry.
In my view, Kenney is doing whatever it takes, including abusing and stealing from Albertans by slashing health, education, parks and recreation, snatching pensions, etc., to give more and more billions to the ultra rich (mostly foreign, eg Mr. Koch), so that they make Kenney head cheese (PM) of Canada.
A few tweets:
marymaryFlag of Canada ...
- How many Canadian women and children must endure rape and or physical abuse and sexually transmitted diseases to keep the oil patch rolling?
Influx of 4,500 workers raises fears of violence against women in B.C.’s northwest, Women’s shelters in Kitimat, Terrace already operate above capacity while concerns about ‘man camps’ persist by Michelle Ghoussoub, CBC News, Mar 06, 2020
At 26, Jessica McCallum-Miller is the youngest and first Indigenous councillor in Terrace, B.C. She’s worried an influx of people ...
- PA Attorney General Josh Shapiro expending significant investigave resources in pursuit of more than 12 criminal cases involving frac’ing: “some will result in criminal charges in the near future.” Any uncorrupted Attorney Generals in Canada courageous enough to take on frac crimes by Encana (Ovintiv)?
Comment by a frac’d Canadian:
Encana IS at the very top of the Asshole List. Their tentacles reach into many places.
Criminal investigations target shale gas industry by Don Hopey and David Templeton, Mar 3, 2020, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro said he is expending significant investigative resources in pursuit of more than a ...
- No, frac’ing is not safe.
Academia was frac’d years ago; many experts lie – usually sneakily, sometimes super stupidly, even in published papers – and or intentionally ignore the most damning data and evidence to enable industry’s crimes and pollution in exchange for jobs, big money, gifts, ego-fodder, promotions, power etc.
Our regulators were frac’d years ago too. A few ...
- Frac’ers rape the rule of law and gag Canadian First Nations under the guise of “Benefit Agreements”
Frackers Rape the Rule of Law and Gag Canadian First Nations under the Guise of ‘Benefit Agreements’: Case in Point, Coastal GasLink LNG Fracked Gas Pipeline Media Release by BC Tap Water Alliance, March 4, 2020
Vancouver: Since February 2010, the B.C. Tap Water Alliance has called for a ban on fracking (hydraulic fracturing) because it ...
- Time to Boycott Rape Culture Alberta! X-Site (‘Excite’) Energy Ltd. decal depicting rape of Greta Thunberg printed, distributed *without her consent,* posted to X-Site’s Facebook, Instagram; denied after public outrage; next a feeble apology. Canada’s oil patch collared RCMP, as expected, say the decal is acceptable. Gotta let the oil boys satisfy their penis’ wants, no matter how abusive or violent, to keep profits rolling in for the rich.
Comment by an Albertan:
OMG I hadn’t seen the image – it is so offensive, don’t even have the words. The rcmp are wrong – it is not consensual – Greta didn’t consent to it.
RCMP = Royal Canadian Mounted Police, but not so royal anymore.
Comment by a citizen in Saskatchewan:
How would Canadian judges ...
- Frac’ing free-for-all rules the Rule of Law. Fraccidents burden: Trucks hauling wastewater to disposal sites resulted in surge of road fatalities and severe accidents.
In my community during the frac boom, Encana (now Ovintiv) and Trican trucks often raced through the playground zone, sometimes going 90 km/hr in the 30 km/hr zone. One parked vehicle was hit and damaged; residents were nearly killed, including a six year old crossing the highway to catch the school bus – in heavy ...
- AER enables Vesta’s rape of Red Deer River for frac’ing, allows withdrawal of “half a cubic metre of water per second” assaulting residents with 80 decibels “deafening noise” day & night, diesel & light pollution, forcing pilot to sleep in hotel instead of his own home. Appears Vesta is boiling the river for access; thanks to AER, when you catch fish in Alberta now, it’s pre-cooked.
Encana (name-changed to Ovintiv after running away to the USA, but still frac’ing and harming Canadians) was required to obtain licence under The Water Act to divert fresh water from gas wells Encana frac’d into fresh water zones around Rosebud, which would have required consulting with the community to be harmed.
I expect Encana knew ...
- “Bitter denial of justice” is the Canadian Way when it comes to corporate polluters but: Dear Shannon, Québec, Please, keep going! Keep going! Environmental wins in Canada are rare, often tiny, usually insulting to the harmed, but you’ve been treated better by the courts than I have and your lawyers didn’t quit like my lawyers, Murray Klippenstein & Cory Wanless, did.
Dear Shannon, Québec,
I am very sorry your drinking water was contaminated too, and that people in your community became ill, with the courts, regulators and government – so far – failing to do what needs to be done to hold SNC-Lavlin Group Ltd. and the government appropriately accountable.
You have incredible integrity and courage, and ...
- Brilliant mural by AJA Louden on “Crooked Cuttin’ Kenney.” Alberta UCP (“United Clown Posse”) & KKKenney Economics 101: Steal from the poor to fatten the already fat rich polluters
Comment to the article below by Grant V Bablitz: Graphic artists could do quite well drawing cartoons of our Alberta Government and Chrystia Freeland. Jason Kenney is a ruthless mafia Donsky who came to Alberta with envelopes full of cash, he’s a crook. A mural of Kenney with a priest behind him pulling his halo ...
- Protesting is not complaining, it is not sending out negative messages. ‘Pro’ means ‘for,’ ‘in favour of.’ ‘Test’ means, ‘to speak,’ as in testify and testimony. ‘Protest’ means ‘to speak for’ and is a positive endeavor.
The media, politicians, regulators, industry, and industry-controlled (fascist) think tanks and propagandists like KKKenney and his War Room staff like to portray protesters and those speaking out as extreme fringe whiners and job-less, foreign-funded malcontents.
“The truth is that those who step forward to speak their mind are happier and healthier than most.”
Thank you Robin, ...
- RCMP pensions invested in TC Energy (Coastal GasLink P/L)! Canada’s judges’ pensions in frac’d fossil fuels too, including in Ovintiv-Encana? Is that why judges hand out injunctions to the law violators? “There is a definite conflict of interest.”
Pension Pirates on a tear in Alberta! Where’s the RCMP? Too busy protecting their own asses and money while nastily TRESPASSING ON THE MANY HARMED BY OIL & GAS!
Does it get any more terrifying than this? Encana dumping frac water wars on Canadian pensioners? Encana sells troubled Colorado assets for nearly $1 Billion US ...
- BOE Report: Fracking with Jello: Family Propaganda Day at SAIT. Education Alberta style.
Comment from an Alberta prof:
Hi Jessica. Very good identification of an initiative that demeans and degrades formal education and the human dignity of all Albertans.
Comment from an Alberta rancher:
Thanks for this, Jess. I wrote to SAIT, again, to object to this program. If enough people do the same, maybe they will have to listen!
- Pension Pirates on a tear in Alberta! Where’s the RCMP?
Kenney also said that while his government believes in free market solutions, it would look at ways to directly invest in the energy sector due to “existential threats.”
He did not provide details.
“We will, as a government, be assessing in which ways we may need to ensure future investment in the Canadian energy sector to ensure ...
- Why is LNG being pimped around the world to the tune of $Trillions as more and more investors & communities say no to frac’ing and fossil fuels? Calls into question motivations of gov’ts and companies–do they just want to assert power?
Jimmy Carter Put Solar Panels on His Farmland and They’re Now Powering Half of His Georgia Hometown, Where the former president used to grow crops, 3,852 solar panels were put up to capture the Georgia sunlight, providing more than 50 percent of Plains’ energy
Wet’suwet’en: The canary in the Canadian fossil fuel cage, The era of ...
- Jason Kenney is so full of shit, it’s a wonder he doesn’t spend all his time in the toilet. Teck does only smart thing possible given the pathetic economics and investors globally rejecting fossil fuels; Withdraws Frontier Tarshit project. Excellent, now Teck can clean up its toxic pollution in BC and heed court orders against the company.
I don’t believe what Teck wrote in their letter withdrawing the project. I expect Teck knows there’s not an investment firm in the world that would have funded their tar mine, emissions/climate protection promises and unified Canada or not. I also expect Teck was waiting for Trudeau to give the company $billions like he gave ...
- OH RACIST CANADA: RCMP in Wet’suwet’en Nation call their rifles “Reconciliation Sticks.” BC tells victims of violent corporate heavily armed sniper invasion and arrests to sit and chat with their abusers! That’s more abuse! Karla Tait, Unist’ot’en Member: “Had the province intervened to confirm the reports’ [COASTAL GASLINK’S] shortcomings, they could have prevented the [RCMP’s] injunction enforcement, sparing us the violent removal from our lands and sparing the country the subsequent economic pressures of solidarity actions.”
Some excellent comments to The Tyee article:
The RCMP have been overheard in the Wet’suwet’en Nation calling their rifles “Reconciliation Sticks”. This was reported on the CBC Vancouver Island morning radio program February 21, 2020.
Forced to discuss what? The EAO, the governing NDP, Horgan and Heyman, just don’t get it. Their colonial minds (covert racism) still ...
- JP Morgan leaked report has dire warnings for human race. Then, quit giving the fossil fuel sector so much money! JP Morgan was one of 33 financial institutions that gave estimated total of $1.9tn to fossil fuel sector between 2016 and 2018
The earth is on an unsustainable trajectory; something must change for humans to survive.
Individual actions are not enough, we need government action.
Fossil fuel funders aren’t looking at the man in the mirror.
World’s Biggest Fossil Fuel Funder Notes Climate Change Could End ‘Human Life as We Know it’ by Brian Kahn, Feb 21, 2020, gizmodo
- “This is totally wild.” Coastal GasLink’s final Technical Data Report for their pipeline being rammed through Wet’suwet’en territory rejected by B.C. Environmental Assessment Office due to omission of significant economic, environmental, social and health impacts. Where cumulative impacts evaluated? What will Trudeau, Horgan, Scheer, Kenney, CGL and RCMP do now? Apologize on their knees? Kanenhariyo Seth LaFort: “When you ask for the rule of law, then you have to follow it yourself. You cannot remove people from their own lands at the end of a gun. A crime has been committed, and the RCMP are the criminals.”
OH RACIST ABUSIVE CANADA: RCMP in Wet’suwet’en Nation call their rifles “Reconciliation Sticks.”
Sean Carleton@SeanCarletonBREAKING: “Coastal GasLink’s final Technical Data Report for the pipeline they plan to build through Wet’suwet’en territory has now been rejected by the B.C. Environmental Assessment Office.” This is totally wild. Your move, @jjhorgan , @JustinTrudeau
To summarize, CLG, without enviro ...
- Legal scholar Joshua Sealy-Harrington “totally eviscerates” Murray Klippenstein’s arguments. It revolts me that my public interest lawsuit is being destroyed by Klippenstein pissing on Law Society Rule 2.09 to enable racism. After abruptly quitting my lawsuit more than 500 days ago, he *still* has not sent me my case files. What tune would Klippenstein sing if all the bias/prejudice was directed at Mennonite lawyers?
Comment by an Alberta:
ABlawg: Klippenstein gets his professional ass handed back to him
Comment to Sealy-Harrington’s brilliant piece by a citizen in BC:
Holy complete rebuttals, Batman! This piece by Joshua Sealy-Harrington totally eviscerates Murray’s lame arguments.
One of my fave bits: “There simply isn’t an apolitical term for describing racial identity. For this reason, Mr. Klippenstein’s ...
- Terrorism by Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) against Land & Water Protectors in 2013 in New Brunswick, in 2020 in BC, and at Ernst’s home in Alberta in 2009. “The people who filed the complaint in 2013 have yet to see the report…a seven-year delay in justice is unacceptable.” Ridiculous delays, including by our courts, are common in No Rule of Law Canada.
Report finds stops, searches of protesters ‘unlawful’: “Watchdog, The report that has been completed is absolutely explosive,” Grand Chief Stewart Phillip said at a news conference in Vancouver by The Canadian Press, Feb 20, 2020, Vancouver Sun
VANCOUVER — A civilian police watchdog has released what Indigenous advocates in support of the Wet’suwet’en hereditary chiefs ...
- Down down down goes LNG!~ It “looks to be a damp squib.” In Permian Basin of West Texas and New Mexico, gas “prices have slid below zero…that means producers are paying others to take their supply.”
Dictionary reports that a squib is a small firecracker.
Bye Bye Canadian LNG? Bye Bye Need for Site C? China introduces new incentives for domestic production of tight and shale gas and CBM
Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: Wet’suwet’en Raids: Canada Chooses Colonialism Again, A future of reconciliation is now squandered along with our billions propping up ...
- Diana Daunheimer: “It’s clear, the UCP doesn’t give two cents about public health, environmental protection, liability management, property rights, industrial compliance, sustainable water management or emissions mitigation. The UCP are petrol molls, simple as that.”
Excellent comments to the CBC article below, notably those by Diana Daunheimer:
JR follow to John Rock
First place to cut should have been the useless war room. Total waist of $30 MILLION $
The conservatives will never wake up to the fact that trickle down economics does not work. How many provinces will they destroy chasing this ...
- USA oil & gas produced 1.02 trillion gallons wastewater in 2017 (2.8 billion gallons daily). “The fluid can be several times saltier than ocean water, and it can also be contaminated with drilling chemicals, minerals and radioactive material…. About 1% was reused…as drilling fluid or frack fluid.”
How much in Canada? How much in Alberta?
Perhaps Kenney/CAPP’s War Room will dig into it.
Wastewater levels rise 15% as storage space runs out by Mike Soraghan, E&E News, February 18, 2020
The amount of wastewater created by oil and gas wells has increased in recent years, according to a new estimate, but not ...
- What does frac’ing do best? Polluting us while going bankrupt: “Staggering” $86Billion in debt maturities coming due. Investors now have “risk aversion” to the sector.
Bankruptcy risks rise for US shale, Credit crunch looms for producers as ‘staggering’ amount of debt nears maturity by Derek Brower, Feb 19, 2020, Financial Times
Bankruptcy risks in the US shale sector are rising, with weak oil prices and tightening access to credit worsening the outlook for some producers just as a “staggering” $86bn in ...
- To enable profit-raping & pollution by the oil & gas industry, Canada’s politicians pimp the rule of law, while they, industry, the rich, our courts and regulators piss on it, us, our rights, our families and communities.
Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: Wet’suwet’en Raids: Canada Chooses Colonialism Again, A future of reconciliation is now squandered along with our billions propping up LNG.
Stop using the ‘rule of law’ as a weapon against Indigenous peoples by Corey Shefman, Feb 19, 2020, The Globe and Mail
Corey Shefman is a lawyer at Olthuis Kleer Townshend ...
- Fracking is dangerous to our health, has ruined the lives of many. Workers “developed cancer, sores and skin lesions, chronic headaches and nausea, numbness in fingertips and face, and ‘joint pain like fire.'”
Fracking is dangerous to our health by Stephen Olin, Lancaster Township, February 19, 2020, Lancaster Online
Anyone who’s seen “Gasland” or “Gasland Part II” (available on YouTube, Netflix, Amazon or PBS) knows about the health and environmental risks of fracking that have ruined so many Americans’ lives over the past decade.
But most people aren’t aware ...
- “The train-wreck industry, a vital component of the Canadian economy….” CN execs demand federal gov’t take immediate action against protesters so it can resume derailing tankers and spilling oil on unceded Indigenous lands; Meanwhile, another CN derailment in Ontario, 5 of 30 cars derailed leaking crude oil, evacuations, school closed.
After second crude oil derailment near Guernsey SK (first spilled 1.5 Million litres; second 1.2 1.6 Million litres), Canadian gov’t orders trains carrying dangerous goods to slow down, but only for 30 days, maybe less (’til the toxic frac fumes fade?)
Spill from latest Sask. oil train ...
- Another new study unravels oil & gas industry lies: Levels of fossil methane naturally released are about 10 times lower than previously reported while man-made are 25-40% higher! Benjamin Hmiel: “We’ve identified a gigantic discrepancy.”
How is Jason Kenney’s propaganda war room going to spin this one?
How much of Encana (now Ovintiv)’s frac’d methane is leaking via contaminated water wells in my community? How much in other communities in North America?
Diana Daunheimer’s Excellent Summation of AER & CAPP’s Evil Synergy Alberta as to why Trudeau govt caves in to ...
- Rule of Law Kaput in Canada? It is in Alberta & BC. David Climenhaga: “Indigenous Canadians have been lied to, betrayed and abused so many times their forbearance and patience with those of us of immigrant stock is truly remarkable.”
Tweet by Mathew Schmaltz: “I grew up rich. My parents cheated on their taxes. I smoked weed in front of cops; Ain’t nobody getting ‘rule of law’-ed in 1% land. So when the CPC advocate for ‘Rule of Law’ for First Nations protestors; sorry, if I call bullshit. Hashtag Selective Enforcement.”
We do face a national ...
- Stinky, Sleazy & Creepy: Kenney’s war room records office is Calgary law firm Burnet, Duckworth & Palmer LLP. Danny Yeoman: “War room is a GIANT WASTE OF MONEY…we’re having to lay off thousands of people to pay for it.”
CEC (aka War Room) Records address:
525 8 Ave SW #2400, Calgary, AB T2P 1G1 Phone: (403) 260-0100
The saddest most unforgivable thing in this whole embarrassing episode is that it was the same $30 million dollars from the carbon tax that was funding a solar and efficiency ...
- The Globe and Mail on Kenney’s flop of a war room: “The centre is not salvageable. It should be closed.” Great solution but CAPP will never allow it.
CAPP = Lying propagandizing Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
A few of the comments:
Such an interesting and unfortunately hilarious parallel between the neocon governments of Alberta and Ontario who both have at the helm stupid men who took over from very capable female premiers as a backlash against intelligent decision making.
It seems all these idiots ...
- Canada’s Corrupt Cops Invade Wet’suwet’en: RCMP & snipers drunk on abusing power; Video captures officer pointing gun at unarmed Denzel Sutherland-Wilson and Anne Spice (RCMP stupidly deny it). Julie Ali: “Absolutely disgusting. Stop threatening them.”
Canadians support Wet’suwet’en and chant: “When justice fails, block the rails.”
Child-sex tourism continues to rise in Canada and abroad: two year study. “In Canada, indigenous women and children are especially vulnerable and are often moved around to be exploited near oil rigs”
Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: ...
- Frac’ers’ Rule of Law? Oregon: Chemical Waste Management illegally dumped 2.5 million pounds radioactive frac waste from North Dakota company, Goodnight Midstream. Lucky law violators get no fine!
2.5M Pounds Of Radioactive Waste Illegally Dumped In Oregon Landfill by Monica Samayoa, Follow OPB, Feb. 14, 2020, Oregon Public Broadcasting
The Oregon Department of Energy has issued a notice of violation to a hazardous waste facility for accepting more than 2 million pounds of radioactive materials east of the Columbia River Gorge.
Chemical Waste Management, a ...
- Tyendinaga Mohawk Kanenhariyo (English name: Seth Lefort) to MP Marc Miller: “You had an illegal judge make an illegal injunction. … And had the RMCP, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, militarized police, that are underneath the jurisdiction of the Crown, enter those territories with helicopters and AR-15s [assault rifles] on peaceful people living in their own territory and removed from their own territory.”
Inside the meeting between Mohawks and Canada’s Indigenous services minister, Marc Miller asked Mohawks to temporarily stop demonstrations in Ontario and let trains through by Jorge Barrera, CBC News, Feb 16, 2020
Indigenous Services Minister Marc Miller asked the Mohawks of Tyendinaga to temporarily halt a demonstration that has shut down one of Canada’s most important ...
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres: Rich polluting countries need to end “perverse” fossil fuel subsidies.
UN’s Guterres calls for ‘transformational change’ on climate by AFP, Feb 16, 2020
Governments must deliver decisive actions and “transformational change” to combat global warming, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said Sunday, blasting a recent climate summit in Madrid.
The so-called COP25 climate talks in the Spanish capital in December were supposed to build on breakthrough promises made ...
- Pissing on Reconciliation, Alberta Premier Jason Kenney calls First Nations “Fringe Groups” and spews rule of law while he remains under investigation for breaking it. Law Prof Heidi Matthews: “‘Rule of law’ is a conservative talking point.”
Canadians of all colours are rising strong, saying “NO!” just like the (mostly white people) of Lethbridge did but Kenney didn’t call them a fringe group.
Lawyer Corey Shefman@coreyshefman, Feb 13, 2020:Remember when “the rule of law” prohibited First Nations from hiring a lawyer to defend their rights?
Remember when “the rule of law” stole Indigenous children from their ...
- No asbestos in drilling mud industry promises us. Then why so many lawsuits? “Asbestos drilling mud: When the mud is deadly.”
ASBESTOS DRILLING MUD LEGAL NEWS ARTICLES & INTERVIEWS copied February 14, 2020 from LawyersandSettlements.com
STUDY: MORE THAN 10,000 AMERICANS KILLED BY ASBESTOS EVERY YEAR
June 20, 2015. By Heidi Turner.Washington, DCAn analysis from the Environmental Working Group (EWG) Action Fund suggests that as many as 15,000 Americans die every year due to asbestos exposure. Workers exposed to asbestos ...
- Murray Sinclair defines the oil & gas industry’s most evil tool: Coastal Gaslink Pipeline Ltd.’s community-benefits agreements with elected Indigenous chiefs and councils are “Promise payment for silence” aka gag orders.
Think about Andrew Scheer’s horrid white supremacist statements in Parliament today, as you read these tweets first:
JK@jkaldestad Replying to @PnPCBC and @AndrewScheerA white male, in a position of power, preaching privilege on matters related to Indigenous people. I can’t even.
JC@JCCWhyteWhite guy living off the tax payer his entire adult life says what?
[oh ya, happy love ...
- How many years and millions of dollars to cleanup Encana’s (now Ovintiv’s) illegal fracs of Rosebud drinking water aquifers? Why do city-dwellers in Alberta get hydrocarbon pollution cleanup ordered, but not rural-dwellers?
Discovered in 1984, cleanup of gas contamination at mall could take another 15 years by Bill Kaufmann, February 12, 2020, Calgary Herald
Bankrupt Sears Canada and energy giant Suncor have been ordered to clean up hydrocarbon pollution seeping from a former gas station into a residential neighbourhood and toward the Bow River.
But while concerned residents who ...
- CAPP write this patronizing synergy crap? Did KKKenney’s War Room pay for it?
How demeaning to those sacrificing and suffering so much, courageously standing up for their lands, loved ones, rights and futures.
Reconciliation comes in many forms, Chad Norman Day weighs in on pipeline conflict by Chad Norman Day, Jan. 23, 2020, The Interior News
This is republished from a public Facebook post created by Chad Norman Day on ...
- New Study: Again, frac’ing linked to increased sexually transmitted disease
Nicholaus P. Johnson et al, A Multi-Region Analysis of Shale Drilling Activity and Rates of Sexually Transmitted Infections in the United States February 13, 2020 DOI: 10.1097/OLQ.0000000000001127, Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Shale drilling activity linked to increased sexually transmitted infections in Texas by Yale School of Public Health, Feb 13, 2020, medicalxpress
Researchers at the Yale School ...
- Down down down they go: Whiting Petroleum, one of the original Williston Basin Big Four, hit $2.54 today, down from 2014 high of $370
Shale Oil & Other People’s Money by Oily Stuff, February 12, 2020
The Little Rascals
In honor of Whiting Petroleum, one of the original Big Four in the Williston Basin hitting $2.54 today, down from a high of $370 in 2014, we offer up this image of how carefully they used other people’s money to grow ...