- California: Suspected methane leak destroys home in explosion, injures two people inside, seriously damages house next door; Gas levels too high to safely investigate, source unknown: “The methane could be from abandoned oil wells under the home or nearby oil fields”
Investigators suspect methane leak in Signal Hill house explosion, fire official says by Valerie Osier, November 20, 2020, Long Beach Post News
Investigators are still working to determine the cause of the explosion that destroyed an Ohio Avenue home in Signal Hill, but they suspect it might be a methane leak, according to a Los Angeles ...
- Josh Shapiro wins re-election as PA Attorney General; One of his most important accomplishments so far? “Exposing the corruption in the Roman Catholic Church. That led to hundreds of predator priests abusing thousands of children in a conspiracy and cover-up that went from the Pennsylvania diocese all the way to the Vatican.”
How many hundreds of lawyers helped enable and cover-up the catholic church’s crimes (and those by other churches enabling rape/pedophilia) over the decades and for how much money?
How many of theses lawyers were/are pedophiles/rapists? Have any been disbarred?
And how many lawyers helped/help cover-up crimes by the oil & gas industry and illegal frac’ers ...
- Law-violating, aquifer-frac’er bully Ovintiv/Encana/(Cenovus spawned after Ernst lawsuit filed): “New York-based investor considers Ovintiv…to be the poster child for all that ails the North American exploration and production sector…. The sector as a whole is rife with excessive compensation and a lack of accountability”
Ovintiv Criticized by Activist Over ‘Excessive’ Pay by Scott Deveau, November 17, 2020, Bloomberg
Activist investor Kimmeridge Energy Management Co. has built new positions in Ovintiv Inc., PDC Energy Inc., and Cimarex Energy Co. and plans to push for changes at the oil and gas companies to improve their performance and governance.
The New York-based investor considers ...
- Thank you Anthony Ingraffea and Robert Howarth!
Two Professors Faced Years of Harassment for Defying the Fossil Fuel Industry. Now, They Are Reframing the Discussion Around Fracking by Anil Oza, Cornell Sun, Nov 16, 2020
“I do rule out banning fracking, because the answer we need, we need other industries to transition to, ultimately, a completely zero emissions by 2025,” said President-elect Joe ...
- The New York Times: Living near drilling (and frac’ing) is deadly (in Canada too), especially with captured courts. “Law” makers take blood money to let companies poison us.
Click on link, have sound on, sit back, watch the phenomenal visuals, listen, feel your anger boil (if you have a heart and soul):
Living Near Drilling Is Deadly. Why Don’t California Lawmakers Care? 4:19 Min. by Josiah Edwards, November 16, 2020, The New York Times
The state may be phasing out gas-powered cars, but it’s still ...
- New report by BC Tap Water Alliance: BC’s Surface Rights Board’s File Collection by Petroleum Company
Many landowners in Alberta call the Farmers’ Advocate Office the Oil & Gas Friendly Farmers’ Advocate and the Surface Rights Board the Oil & Gas Friendly Surface Rights Board.
Canada’s regulators and courts are oil & gas friendly too, as are our environmental NGOs.
British Columbia’s Surface Rights Board’s File Collection by Petroleum Company by Will ...
- “Sheer Delight:” After 13 year legal battle, Irish High Court quashes all Shannon LNG permissions; Opens window for ban on imported frac’d gas
Shannon LNG has all permissions to build its fracked gas import terminal quashed in the Irish High Court after 13-year battle – Conclusion of legal process opens window for an Irish ban on the importation of fracked gas as agreed in the Programme for Government by Safety Before LNG, Nov 9, 2020
Local campaigners in North Kerry ...
- CNN’s Van Jones reacts to Joe Biden’s election as USA’s 46th president, Fights back tears: “Character matters”
“… Telling the truth matters … Being a good person matters … It’s vindication for a lot of people who really suffered … You know ‘I can’t breath’ – that’s not just George Floyd … And you spend so much of your life energy just trying to hold it together … It’s easy to do ...
- November 7, 2020: “Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!”
- Kids tried to sue Canada over climate inaction. They lost, Not for the courts to decide, Harper Gov’t appointed judge says. Kids plan to appeal. Bravo kids! I am grateful and in awe of you, but don’t expect “justice” to be served by our oil-soaked Supreme Court of Canada, or your Charter rights respected.
“Rule of Law” or “Rich White Man Law?” US Senate (controls Supreme Court nominees) created to represent the rich: “…to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority.” John A. MacDonald, 1st thug PM on why Canada needed an appointed Senate: “We must protect the rights of the minority, and the rich are always ...
- Nov 5, 2020: Supreme Court of Canada to release ruling if corporations are protected against “cruel and unusual treatment/punishment” under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms like people are. The ruling took a long time (9 months, in a pandemic), but not as long as the court’s Charter-damaging ruling in Ernst vs AER (12 months, not in a pandemic).
The supreme court of Canada took 12 months to rule in Ernst vs AER on merely a preliminary motion, while taking 9 months in this much more complicated case. The entire top court process, from filing leave to appeal to release of the ruling, took 26 months in my case compared to 18 in this ...
- Harvard researchers suggest not living within 12 miles of frac’ing – that puts much of rural Alberta and NEBC out of bounds for living (and parts of SK, MB and Ont)
A little frac history:
2004: Ernst asks EUB (later became ERCB, then AER) and Alberta Environment to enforce the law and regulate out-of-control frac’ing by Encana/Cenovus/Ovintiv in her community, only to be bullied, harassed and lied to.
2005: EUB violated Ernst’s Charter rights trying to intimidate her silent, in writing no less.
2006 06 08: EUB’s lawyer ...
- US Secretary of Energy, Dan Brouillette, farts out Big Lie pimping for Trump and health harming, polluting frac’ers: “What we are seeing here in the technology in rigs like this one and in companies like Range Resources is that the water that is being extracted from the process at the end of the process is actually cleaner than it was when it went in. That’s the innovation.”
Even Canada’s corrupt NEB (now CER, led by Peter Watson who helped cover-up Encana illegally frac’ing and contaminating a community’s drinking water aquifers), reported in 2009 that frac waste water is harmful.
Watch Mr. Brouillette lie at link:
US secretary of energy tours a Marcellus Shale natural gas well in Washington County by Chandi Chapman, October 27, ...
- Looking to the lying Supreme Court of Canada *is* an impossible choice in our oil-patch-raped-and-polluted country, but there is no other choice. Thank you Beaver Lake Cree Nation, for making it.
‘An impossible choice’: Beaver Lake Cree Nation looks to Supreme Court in advanced legal cost case, Alberta Court of Appeal overturned decision to compel governments to cover cost of legal fees for Beaver Lake by Jordan Omstead, CBC News, Sep 27, 2020
Beaver Lake Cree Nation is asking the Supreme Court of Canada to hear a ...
- Canadian & Alberta gov’ts & Australian coal billionaire Gina Reinhart! Listen up: “Water is more important than coal and mountains hold more value than mines.”
Water not Coal 3:55 Min. by Albertans for a Coal Free SW, Oct 25, 2020
Andrew Nikiforuk, Investigative Journalist:
Water is more important than coal and mountains hold more value than mines.
Refer also to:
2020 10 06, Andrew Nikiforuk: The Australian Invasion: Big Coal’s Plans for Alberta, Meet the speculators from Down Under aiming to carve up the ...
- “A shallow shock.” New study on “extremely shallow” frac quake in China in 2019 that killed 2, injured 12, caused $2 Million U.S. in damages, including to numerous homes.
A Shallow Shock: The 25 February 2019 ML 4.9 Earthquake in the Weiyuan Shale Gas Field in Sichuan, China by Hongfeng Yang; Pengcheng Zhou; Nan Fang; Gaohua Zhu; Wenbin Xu; Jinrong Su; Fanbao Meng; Risheng Chu, Seismological Research Letters (2020). DOI: 10.1785/0220200202
The complete paper.
Earthquakes rarely occur at extremely shallow depths, for example, less than 2 km. Even for induced earthquakes that are typically shallower than tectonic ...
- Bankruptcy plan to let Cenovus/Husky “legally” escape clean-up, aided by taxpayer-funded courts? Cenovus (Encana spawn), buys Husky for $23.6 Billion, “including debt” (financed by Canada Pension Plan and AIMCo?); Will kill jobs Kenney promised would increase when he gave industry $Billions in tax breaks, mega corporate welfare, tax super holiday and citizen-financed propaganda (war room and Steve Allen’s witch hunt).
Any money to repair Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers, illegally frac’d and contaminated by Encana in 2004 – years before devilishly hatching out Cenovus?
How many billions of dollars in liabilities including not yet cleaned up spills and leaking wells is Husky dumping with this deal?
And as the deal is massaged, how many hundreds of millions ...
- Online Nov 13, 2020: World Premier of “Home is a Sacrifice Zone” by Johnny Goran, Bandit Films at 65th Cork International Film Festival: How an Irish border community took on Calgary’s Tamboran & the Irish govt to force a change in oil & gas law
Trailer: Home is a Sacrifice Zone, How an Irish border community took on an energy company – and its own government – to force a change in the law on oil and gas… 1:49 Min. by Johnny Gorgan, Bandit Films. World Premier on November 13, 2020
Runtime Complete Film: 80 minutesLanguage: EnglishCountry: Ireland
Director: Johnny GoganProducer: Johnny ...
- Frac’ing Beautiful British Columbia: No regard for community, family, farms, wildlife; No Environmental or Cumulative Impact Assessments; No care for water or the lives of others, just spin, lies & broken promises; Premier John Horgan, his Dancing NDPipers and OGC heed demands of multinational corporate polluting abusers while ignoring the environment and harmed.
Comment by a citizen in New York State:
It’s all one continent, it’s all one world, I know many of us in the US stand with you.
Frac’ers are never satisfied; they always demand more wells, more facilities, more deregulation, more billions in subsidies and freebies as they lose more billions for investors and cause more harm ...
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) & Crestone Frac’ing Hanky Panky. More than 1,000 formal complaints made to state regulator against Crestone operations in Colorado (sneakily via Encana/Ovintiv)
Some huge-money-losing background:
2014: Fracking in the Red & Junk Bonds Backing Fracking Facing $11.6 Billion Loss
Down down down the frac’ers go, taking our pensions, drinking water, environment, communities, health and more with them, all to make a few rich richer and more vulgar.
Myth of American energy independence based on willful deception “Alice in Wonderland” forecasts ...
- Judicial Hanky Panky Supreme: “these robed sages are in fact mere grubby politicians….” Amy Coney Barrett’s dad was lawyer at Shell (for decades) that has massive climate case before US supreme court. “And just like Republican politicians, the conservative judges are dedicated to preserving the right’s minority rule.”
Added Oct 21, 2020: Ooopsie Daisy! What ever will Mike Pence, Amy Coney Barrettt and her “secretive faith group” People of Praise et al, the Klan in the Trump House, US Supreme Court and Senate, KKKenney’s UCP and O’Toole’s Con Party of Canada etc. do now?
Pope Francis backs same-sex civil unions, Pontiff’s endorsement likely ...
- New Study: Airborne radioactivity increases downwind of frac’ing; Particles released could damage health of residents nearby. Marco Kaltofen: “This investigation backs up its big conclusions with big data.” Petros Koutrakis, Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health in Boston, led the study: “If you asked me to go and live downwind [of fracking sites], I would not go.”
Dangerous radiation levels from fracking; Dr David Lowry on the risk of the radioactive gas radon being pumped into homes Oct 15, 2020, Letters, The Guardian
I was very interested to read your report (13 October) on recent research by Harvard University scientists on radiation risks from fracking.
I have raised this concern in several letters to the Guardian over the past ...
- Tonight! Oct 15, 2020 7PM: Final EHP Webinar in Shale Gas Development and Cancer Series: Radioactivity in frac fluid and natural gas by David O. Carpenter, MD
Final Webinar in the Shale Gas Development and Cancer Series by EHP, Oct 15, 2020
David O. Carpenter is a public health physician whose current position is Director of the Institute for Health and the Environment at the University at Albany, as well as Professor of Environmental Health Sciences within the School of Public Health at ...
- UCP appoints another “dickhead” to direct AIMCo: Nova Scotian Bob Kelly, past CFO of Wachovia (laundered $billions for drug cartels) and fallen from grace exCEO of Bank of New York Mellon.
A few tweets:
Progress Alberta@ProgressAlbertaLost in the shuffle today was the announcement of a new AIMCo director, the former CFO of Wachovia from 2000 to 2006. You may remember Wachovia from:
The billions of dollars it laundered for murderous Mexican drug cartelsHow a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico’s murderous drug gangsAs the violence ...
- Cleanup of abandoned oil & gas wells onshore could cost Americans $278 billion, Texans $117 billion, Albertans $260 billion: “The industry is incentivized to delay, pray and walk away. This is a system that’s designed to fail.” In Canada too.
BNN Interviews Alberta Oil Patch Consultant Brent Nimeck on Lexin and AER’s Orphan Wells: “This problem is 30 years in the making. … I would call it a Ponzi Scheme…. This is an orchestrated fraud from multiple angles: Industry, CAPP and the Alberta Energy Regulator have enabled this to happen. … Through our independent analysis ...
- Seth Cardinal DodgingHorse: “Today is not a good day.” Heart ripping – like having your home & aquifer frac’d by Encana/Ovintiv with white privileged regulators, RCMP and politicians enabling the law violations, harms and abuses
I’ve been watching the ceremony opening a portion of the Ring Road in Calgary, and an Indigenous man just wrapped up a speech about how this is a bad day, and the road was built on his family’s stolen land. He finished by cutting off his braids and tossing them on the road. #yyc
- Nov 17 & 18, 2020, Noon to 4:30pm on ZOOM: 8th Annual Shale Frac’ing & Public Health Conference
Eighth Annual Shale & Public Health Conference:
Tuesday November 17, 2020 & Wednesday, November 18, 2020 from Noon to 4:30 p.m. EST
The conference is presented by the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania and hosted by the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health.
Registration link: https://www.shalepalwv.org/conference-registration/
The conference is free but you need to register.
More information ...
- Webinar Recording Now Available for Part 2: Dr. Shaina Stacy on Unconventional Natural Gas Development and Childhood Cancers. Part 3 on Oct 15 by David O. Carpenter, MD: Radioactivity in Frac’ing Fluid and Natural Gas, Potential Health Effects.
Part two of our three-part webinar series about shale gas development and cancer.
Shale Gas Development and Cancer – Part 2: Dr. Shaina Stacy by Environmental Health Project, Sept 15, 2020
For part two, we are joined by Shaina Stacy, PhD, MPH, to discuss “Unconventional Natural Gas Development and Childhood Cancers.”
Dr. Shaina Stacy is a postdoctoral associate ...
- Delicious justice! 13 Canadians will hold piece of history in limited edition collectible postage stamps with John A. MacDonald’s decapitated head.
Canada Post Printed Stamps With Former Prime Minister’s Decapitated Head, The man who had them made, through Canada Post’s Picture Postage program, promised to send them to people for free if they or their ancestors were “fucked over” by John A. Macdonald by Kevin Maimann, Sept 10, 2020, Vice
Canada Post has apologized after the severed bronze head ...
- Typical evil of the Kenney-Harper Klan! Gregory Pohl: “It takes a special kind of vindictive short-sightedness to destroy a source of drinking water.”
Shutting out Albertans Letter to the Editor by Gregory Pohl, Sept 10, 2020, Edmonton Journal
For decades, a water well at the Bleriot Ferry Provincial Recreation Area has topped up water jugs; slaked the thirst of weary paddlers; cooled kids off on hot days; washed sandy feet; filled coffee pots on brisk September mornings.
Until this year. ...
- “To a riot cop, three is a crowd. How much money are we paying right now / So you’ll beat us down?”
AWKWORD and Jesse Jett – TEN DEMANDS Sept 8, 2020, Ten Demands
The Abolition Anthem. For Ten Demands for Justice. For the abolition of police and prisons. For justice and equality. For everyone we’ve lost.
Vocals: AWKWORD, Jesse Jett (hook)Production: Jesse JettExecutive Production: AWKWORDMix/Master: TrilianVideo: VozableRelease Date: September 6, 2020
Being an abolitionist requires unlearning every single ...
- British frac’er, Ascent, sues Slovenia for protecting drinking water, just like Gastem did to Ristigouche Sud-Est in Quebec, and many other frac’ers have done elsewhere.
Fracking company sues Slovenia over ‘unreasonable’ environmental protections, A British oil and gas company is using a controversial energy treaty to sue Slovenia, after being required to carry out an environmental impact assessment by Joe Lo, Sept 9, 2020, climate home news
A British oil and gas company is suing the Slovenian government for making them do ...
- European Court of Justice rules against regulator for approving USA New Fortress Energy’s frac’d gas import terminal in Ireland; All permits and permissions for Shannon LNG to be quashed. Bravo to Friends of Irish Environment and its unstoppable legal team of James Devlin, John Kenny and Fred Logue (unlike Ernst’s quitting lying lawyers, Murray Klippenstein and Cory Wanless, and Canada’s lying top court pissing on the Charter to enable law-violating AER).
Shannon LNG set to lose planning permission for US fracked gas import terminal in Ireland following European Court of Justice ruling. Question to arise now is will the Irish Planning Authority have to refund the €30,000 application fee paid to it by Shannon LNG/New Fortress Energy? Press Release by Safety Before LNG, Sept 9, 2020
The European ...
- “Kenney the job killer.” Lyin’ thugs Steve Harper, Jason Kenney & Ralph Klein, etc. etc. etc., decimatin’ jobs, pensions, regulations, health & education to give $Billions to $Billion-profiting oil & gas companies (mostly foreign-owned), while hangin’ Canadians with pollution, infrastructure devastation, clean-up & health harms.
CUPE-Alberta Region, Sept 2, 2020
….Jason Kenney promised 50,000 new jobs, no cuts to front line services like education and health care, and a lower debt and deficit. On all three, he’s delivered the exact opposite.
Comments on FB:
Fred Harvey: The people that believed these lies are to blame for the mess we are in now
Maureen Moore: You ...
- Shale Gas Frac’ing & Cancer: Conversations with the Experts (Part 1) webinar recording now available. Part 2 of 3 on Sept 15.
Webinar Recording Now Available for Shale Gas Development and Cancer: Conversations with the Experts (Part 1)
Shale Gas Extraction and Cancer: The Current EvidenceDr. Marsha Haley, August 11, 2020
Dr. Marsha Haley received her medical degree from the University of Virginia and completed a residency in radiation oncology at UPMC. She is a Clinical Assistant Professor of ...
- Frac’er WPX made it rain toxic water upon New Mexico, sickens family, kills livestock, birds fell dead from the poisoned sky. As everywhere, the “regulator” did nothing but protect the company, issued no penalty. WPX does not have to disclose details on the toxic chemicals that rained on the family for proprietary reasons. Penny Aucoin: “This has ruined our lives in so many different ways. Our health, family relations, financial problems, literally all aspects of our lives. It has become a living nightmare.”
Fracking Company Has Made It Rain Toxic Water Upon New Mexico Without Penalty by Dahr Jamail, Truthout, September 2, 2020
Penny Aucoin, her husband Carl Dee George, their son Gideon and their daughter Skyler have had their lives devastated by the fracking industry.
There was no oil and gas infrastructure where they lived when they moved to Carlsbad, ...
- ‘Liar in Chief’ visits Westmoreland Co, Pennsylvania, Sept 3, 2020. “Trump Plans to Frack-Up Your America”
TRUMP PLANS TO FRACK-UP YOUR AMERICA by bobscaping, Sept 3, 2020
Tonight, President Trump is holding a pep rally in Latrobe, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania.
Since his inauguration, he and his administration have worked to destroy nearly 100 sensible environmental laws and regulations.
Those regulations were put into place by Republicans and Democrats, over past decades, to protect us ...
- Wonderful wise words! Jesse William’s acceptance speech for Humanitarian Award at 2016 BET awards: “We know the police somehow manage to de-escalate, disarm and not kill white people every day. … The burden of the brutalized is not to comfort the bystander. … If you have no interest in equal rights for Black people, then do not make suggestions for those who do, sit down.”
The BET Awards is an American award show that was established in 2001 by the Black Entertainment Television network to celebrate African Americans and other American minorities in music, acting, sports, and other fields of entertainment over the past year.
Jesse Wesley Williams is an American actor, director, producer and activist. He is best known for ...
- UCP’s witch hunt smells like a Jason Kenney-Vivian Krause flop: “If [Kenney] was serious about uncovering harm to Alberta he would set his sights on CAPP and the rest of the oil cabal.”
“Starving polar bear eating an oil executive”
Art by Stephanie McMillan.
UCP’s ‘anti-Alberta’ inquiry may be little help to energy industry by Rob Breakenridge, Aug 18, 2020, Calgary Herald
Albertans might be forgiven for altogether forgetting about the public inquiry into “anti-Alberta energy campaigns.”
It’s been more than a year since Premier Jason Kenney announced the inquiry and it’s ...
- Frac’ing = “Bottomless” Moneypit – built on lies, cons, law violations, corrupt officials (and courts), divided communities, endless harms to water, land, air, fish, livestock, pets, humans. “If you’re not a crook yourself, it’s very hard to figure out how somebody would lie like that.”
“As a shale producer, you’re constantly fighting this enormous decline rate.”
Fracing was never a revolution, it’s always been a con. Frac’ers and their enablers planned on making taxpayers and the harmed pay for clean up. And now it’s a bankruptcy con being used to further enrich the super rich, enabled by our courts (which are ...
- Why no criminal charges against the long list of law violating oil and gas companies in Alberta? Allenco Energy hit with criminal charges for failing to properly abandon wells in LA, “knowing that we still have to fight for the basic right to breathe clean air is really upsetting”
Oil company Allenco and its leaders face criminal charges over deteriorating wells by Emily Alpert Reyes, Aug 4, 2020, LA Times
Allenco Energy, which has operated a South Los Angeles drill site that spurred an outcry over nosebleeds and headaches suffered by neighbors, is facing criminal charges for allegedly flouting a state order and failing to properly abandon ...
- Aug 13, 2020, 7pm ET: Virtual Frac Tour & Youth Panel, Growing up in Shale Fields
To register: http://www.vote4ourfuture.org/fracking.html
PA State Rep. Sara InnamoratoPA State Sen. Katie MuthJonah Gottlieb, National Children’s CampaignLeandra Mira, National Children’s CampaignLois Bower-Bjornson, Clean Air CouncilDr. Matt Mehalik, Breathe ProjectDr. Ned Ketyer, SWPA Environmental Health ProjectLeann Leiter, EarthworksMelissa Troutman, Earthworks
- Too funny! Alberta’s UCP witch hunt changing rules midplay, again. Why? Can’t find any witches or their brooms?
Alberta inquiry into funding of foreign environmental groups alters course again by Lisa Johnson, Aug 07, 2020, Calgary Herald
Alberta’s publicly-funded inquiry into the alleged foreign financing of environmental groups has been tweaked again, suggesting it could target even more grassroots charities.
The Public Inquiry into Anti-Alberta Energy Campaigns was launched in July 2019 with an initial ...
- ‘Water is sacred’ but you’d never know it in Canada where authorities enable corporate rape of it and judges lie in rulings
‘Water is sacred’: 10 visual artists reflect on the human right to water, The UN declared access to water and sanitation a human right a decade ago, but 785 million people worldwide still have no water close to home by The Guardian, August 4, 2020
Ten photographs marking the 10th anniversary of access to water and ...
- “Rule of Law” or “Rich White Man Law?” US Senate (controls Supreme Court nominees) created to represent the rich: “…to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority.” John A. MacDonald, 1st thug PM on why Canada needed an appointed Senate: “We must protect the rights of the minority, and the rich are always in fewer number than the poor.”
Here’s an excellent example of how Rich White Man Law works: Louisiana Supreme Court upholds Black man’s life sentence for trying to steal hedge clippers more than 20 years ago
Compare to Edmonton’s white – rich – convicted serial rapist, Matthew McKnight, getting kissed with 8 years in jail, likely out in 2, by white judge ...
- New study: NE BC, Dawson-Septimus area in Peace region (where Vicky Simlik lives frac’d by Encana/Ovintiv et al) hit with about 1,500 frac quakes annually
Vicky Simlik’s (who started keeping notes on the ground movement, jolts, bangs, seismic events, quakes and damages in 2014) response to the often repeated phrase …”no damage reported and not felt at the surface” by frac quake enabling authorities:
High‐Resolution Imaging of Hydraulic‐Fracturing‐Induced Earthquake Clusters in the Dawson‐Septimus Area, Northeast British Columbia, Canada by Marco P. ...
- Frac Webinar August 11, 2020 7 PM ET with Dr. Marsha Haley: “Shale Gas Extraction and Cancer: The Current Evidence.”
Shale Gas Development and Cancer: Conversations with the Experts (Part 1 of 3) by Environmental Health Project, August 4, 2020
Join us for part one of a three-part webinar series about shale gas development and cancer.
For part one of the series, we are joined by Dr. Marsha Haley to discuss “Shale Gas Extraction and Cancer: The ...
- New study concludes UK gov’t ignored public health concerns while heeding frac and chemical industries. In Canada, authorities withhold official reports warning of frac harms; help frac’ers cover-up crimes and enable them to further harm families after they get sick. Most vile, AER’s (no health mandate) Dr. Monique Dube (not a health professional) wrote lying “health” reports about frac’d familiesand unlawfully made them public online, via Synergy, etc.
Public health concerns about fracking were marginalised or ignored in England – new research by Ruth Hayhurst, July 2, 2020, Drillordrop
The UK Government and its advisers “marginalised, downplayed or ignored” public health concerns about shale gas exploration and fracking in England, new research has concluded.
A study by the University of Stirling found that science was frequently ...
- UCP Alberta’s new plan (money laundering on a roll with more deregulation in the fine print?): Gives $billion gift from Canadians to $mega-billion profit-taking oil & gas companies via AER. Will the old wells and environmental liabilities be cleaned up? Unlikely.
Province unveils new plan to tackle old wells and environmental liabilities by Chris Varcoe, July 30, 2020, Calgary Herald
Governments of different political stripes have tried for years to solve the Rubik’s Cube of Alberta’s broken oilpatch liability management system that oversees the cleanup of thousands of oil and gas wells.
However, little action was taken.
The number ...
- Total writes off $9.3 Billion worth of Alberta tarshit assets and (best wisdom ever!) cancels its membership in Rip Off Synergizing Propaganda Club, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP)
Total writes off $9.3B in oilsands assets, cancels Canadian oil lobby membership, It will take writedowns worth $7.3B related to its ownership in the Fort Hills operation by The Canadian Press with a file from CBC, Jul 29, 2020, CBC News
French energy giant Total says it is writing off $9.3-billion worth of oilsands assets ...
- “I get so angry when I see people not wearing masks… it makes me want to take a bar of soap & write on my car’s rearview window that ‘My husband who saved so many lives died of COVID-19. Wear a mask!’” … “now there is one less ICU doctor to care for pandemic patients in Baltimore”
Joseph Costa, ICU doctor at Mercy Medical Center, dies of the coronavirus he worked to help others overcome by LILLIAN REED and FREDERICK N. RASMUSSEN with contributions from Daniel Oyefusi, July 27, 2020, Baltimore Sun
Dr. Joseph Costa, the chief of the critical care division at Mercy Medical Center who treated patients battling COVID-19, died of the coronavirus ...
- Here an illegal radioactive frac waste dump, there an illegal radioactive frac waste dump, everywhere they lie ‘n dump dump dump, Encana/Ovintiv too, but in Kentucky a Federal Grand Jury slams down hard on illegal waste dumper
Indictment for Improper Radioactive Waste Disposal Highlights More Compliance Concerns for Fracking Companies and Uranium Miners by Paul M. Bessette, partner, and Grant W. Eskelsen, Associate, July 23, 2020, Morgan Lewis
A federal grand jury in the Eastern District of Kentucky issued an indictment against an individual for transportation of radioactive material generated from fracking activities ...
- “Bayis Ilh Tus – a strong breath” – a community-based research project to estimate the prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in remote and rural first nations communities in Canada: research protocol.
Turner, J., Holyk, T., Bartlett, K. et al. “Bayis Ilh Tus – a strong breath” a community-based research project to estimate the prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in remote and rural first nations communities in Canada: research protocol. Int J Equity Health 19, 123 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12939-020-01240-1
Respiratory health conditions appear to be more common among First Nations people versus non-First ...
- Oil giants help fund powerful police groups in top US cities: “Many powerful companies that drive environmental injustice are also backers of the same police departments that tyrannize the very communities these corporate actors pollute”
Revealed: oil giants help fund powerful police groups in top US cities, Investigation portrays fossil fuel industry as common enemy in struggle for racial and environmental justice in America by Nina Lakhani, 27 Jul 2020, The Guardian
Big corporations accused of driving environmental and health inequalities in black and brown communities through toxic and climate-changing pollution ...
- Suncor facing 7 environmental charges by Alberta Environment, seems in relation to sour gas leak at Sherwood Park refinery that sent numerous workers to hospital in 2018. Why no charges against Encana/Ovintiv for breaking every law there is in Alberta to protect residential drinking water supplies?
This is the most empty press release on environmental charges against an oil and gas giant I’ve seen. And released on a Sunday. Of course by an Alberta regulator. The gov’t doesnt even state that it reportedly appears deadly sour gas was involved and workers were harmed and taken to hospital.
First, some important facts on ...
- Super Evil in Canada: Israel lobby, including B’nai Brith, Centre for Israel, Jewish Affairs (CIJA), Jewish Defence League (JDL), more, waging campaign to silence, punish, bankrupt Foodbenders, a pro-human rights, pro-Palestinian restaurant in Toronto
Because of this new evil abuse of an innocent, and the many enabling it, I expand my boycot of Israeli goods to include:
Any Uber, including Uber Eats
I will ask everyone I know to boycott them too.
Outing and publicly denouncing the endless evils done by Israel, notably killing Palestinian children regularly, stealing lands, homes, destroying homes, ...
- Dominion Energy Leaks Poison into PA well water supplies and kills fish in pond. Ethylene glycol, used as coolant at compressor stations, is poisonous if swallowed.
BREAKING: Dominion Energy Leaks Poison Into Pennsylvania Water Supplies by Melissa Troutman for Public Herald, July 22, 2020
Dominion Energy Transmission is providing water to at least five households after leaking ethylene glycol from an underground pipeline into drinking water wells in Genesee Township, Potter County, Pennsylvania. The leak was first noticed by residents and reported ...
- AG Josh Shapiro criminally charges two more drilling companies, both deliberately hid a spill (“is just the nature of the beast” was the excuse), face five violations of PA’s Clean Stream Law. Will Encana/Ovintiv ‘n CAPP allow an AG like Josh Shapiro in Canada?
Probably not. Instead, we get flakes like AG Jody Wilson Raybould (tellingly silent when Supreme Court of Canada fractured Canada’s Charter of Rights and Freedoms and knowingly published a lie in Ernst vs AER) and endless cowardly empty pea pod Encana crime-enablers:
Peter Watson (now Chair federal regulator);
Bev Yee (now on the board AER);
Martin Foy ...
- Frac Tank Reality Show: “Debt, Debt and Debt” and more debt; Judge-gifted bankruptcies to keep companies frac’ing & polluting and con investors into losing more money; Abandon thousands of frac harmed families; And intentionally dump pollution and clean-up on taxpayers. In the USA, “explorers burned through some $342 billion of cash since 2010, leaving little in the way of returns for investors.” In Alberta, AIMCo took $100s of millions (under Kenney & Harper, will likely take $billions more) from pensioners years ago to give to “quite leveraged” frac’ers already then.
2016: AIMCo (ATB/Heritage Fund connected) announce $200 Million (bailout?) investment in “Quite leveraged” Calfrac
Will mega loser AIMCo throw more pensioners’ money away in corporate welfare/bailout to failing flailing Alberta frac’er Calfrac?
2018: The New York Times: The Next Financial Crisis Lurks Underground, Fueled by debt and years of easy credit, America’s energy boom is on shaky ...
- “You never really get over it.” Montana pedophile (repeat offender like Epstein) facing 60 counts of child sex abuse (including rape) given gift of 1-year “Deferred” sentence in plea deal; the judges involved need to be fired and the lawyers disbarred. Georgia pedophile sentenced for 1,000 years, “probably the most prolific collector of child pornography in the entire world” gets out after appeals court says he’s served enough time (a measily 8 years). Berlin authorities knowingly sent children to live with pedophiles for decades, new report reveals while Ontario’s Law Society licences known convicted pedophiles (to get them on the bench?).
Despicable! Law Society of Ontario *knowingly* licences convicted pedophiles, knowingly gives pedophiles protected easy access to children
“Law Society of Ontario taken over by ‘right-wing, fundamentalist religious zealots?’” Taken over by the catholic church to better protect and feed its sex-crazed, child-abusing “celibate” priests? Do white privileged people think loading up on religious self-righteousness and the ...
- AER skulduggery escalates: Dave Goldie, Encana & Cenovus VP is new Chair (first was Encana & Cenovus VP Gerry Protti); Martin Foy, Encana crime-enabler, appointed Exec VP (remember AER exec VP, ex-Encana lying manager Mark Taylor?); Propagandizing Synergy Queen, Tracey McCrimmon & Encana crime-enabler Bev Yee appointed to the Board; Anti-science climate change denier, Steve Harper’s best buddy/compaign manager, Kenney’s Kamikazi campaign manager, John Weissenberger, made VP Technical Science & External Innovation Branch.
Mike Dowden sums up AER’s new “Dickhead” CEO Laurie Pushor best (commenter to article included below):
So they had to replace a guy because of corruption and mismanagement…and they hire a guy with a history of corruption and mismanagment…right on.
Premier Jason Kenney’s campaign manager hired as VP of Alberta Energy Regulator, John Weissenberger has been ...
- 2020: Why is Zion Market Research promoting Sanjel Corp. as a “Major Market Player?” In 2016, Sanjel was sold in pieces at a great loss, less than the “$397 million owed 12 banks led by Alberta ATB” – nicely enabled by our courts.
Sanjel is not four years old (refer to March 2020 press release below). The company just got a name change from Sanjel to Sanjel in 2016, after being sold to different companies (neither named Sanjel) because of massive debt. Sanjel is 18 years old; it was founded in 1982.
In 2004, Sanjel Corp tried remedial cementing ...
- Oil & gas friendly spy agency, CSIS, that for years, “relied on legal doctrine of Crown immunity as defence against criminal liability,” chastised in court yet again, for pissing on the rule of law. Better tell our lying Supreme Court of Canada judges; murdering illegally spying police; RCMP illegally operating as mobsters for Encana & AER trying to scare frac-harmed plaintiffs into silence and violently arresting innocents to enable oil & gas profits; too many criminal, lying politicians (that appoint our judges or become judges); lying “justice” lawyers; lying, rule-violating public interest lawyers; etc etc etc.
All in the Protti Family? What are the connections between law-violating CSIS, law-violating Encana, propagadist big oil lobby group CAPP, law-violating EUB/ERCB/AER and the big banks?
“Former CSIS head Raymond Protti (brother of Ex AER Chair, Ex Encana and Cenovus VP Gerry Protti) was named as new president of the CBA .”
Pissing on Reconciliation, ...
- Covid-19 killing oil workers at unparalleled pace in Mexico: Pemex (Petroleos Mexicanos) reported 202 employees and 5 contractors died so far.
Covid-19 is killing oil workers at an unparalleled pace in Mexico by Amy Stillman, Bloomberg, July 15, 2020, Houston Chronicle
Of all the companies around the world affected by covid-19, none has disclosed a worse death toll than Pemex, Mexico’s state-owned oil producer.
Petroleos Mexicanos, as it’s also known, said late Tuesday that 202 employees and five ...
- New study: Babies born within 5 km (about 3 mi) of natural gas flaring are 50 percent more likely to be premature with non-white families exposed to more flaring than white.
Jill Johnston, one of the study’s lead authors and environmental health scientist at Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California:
“Our study indicates that there are serious public health concerns associated with living near flaring.”
Babies born near natural gas flaring are 50 percent more likely to be premature: Study, Researchers link air pollution ...
- Will mega loser AIMCo throw more pensioners’ money away in corporate welfare/bailout to failing flailing Alberta frac’er Calfrac?
Will AIMCo execs pitch in to cover Calfrac’s clean-up costs since bailing the company out in 2016?
Great comment to the June 10, 2020 CBC article (below):
Closed at $0.395/share yesterday? Ma, we need to take the kids’ education savings and dump it in to calfrac! Desperate times for a dying industry…
You got that right ...
- Another racist misogynist lawyer? Old white man, Brian T. Petty (of Hunt Petty LLP), oil & gas lobbyist & bigot, attacks NYT’s Hiroko Tabuchi for her excellent Front Page Frac Fail report detailing execs “looting” companies before bankrupting them, hanging cleanup & more on taxpayers.
Front Page New York Times! Satan Hailing Frac’ers Lynch the People. Oil & Gas companies hurtling into bankruptcy (intentionally – to avoid lawsuits, leak repair & clean-up, enabled by taxpayer-funded courts) as execs snatch millions in unjust rewards (also enabled by our courts).
2020 07 13, Earthworks’ Alan Septoff:
Hiroko Tabuchi authored a devastating front page story ...
- Front Page New York Times! Satan Hailing Frac’ers Lynch the People. Oil & Gas companies hurtling into bankruptcy (intentionally – to avoid lawsuits, leak repair & clean-up, enabled by taxpayer-funded courts) as execs snatch millions in unjust rewards (also enabled by our courts).
Comment by a citizen in BC:
I have no words adequate to describe the planet-destroying evil that is fracking.
2004: Encana/Ovintiv illegally frac’d my community’s drinking water aquifers; politicians and authorities (AER, Alberta Environment and Alberta Health) help(ed) Encana get away with it, and worse, covered it up and kept it secret from the people.
2007: Ernst files ...
- Alberta’s tar, oil ‘n gas patch: piss on the law and steal from the taxman
Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo sues oilsands company over unpaid taxes, The municipality is suing Sunshine Oilsands Ltd. over $15.8 million by CBC News, Jul 11, 2020
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is suing Sunshine Oilsands Ltd. over $15.8 million of unpaid taxes and arrears, according to court documents.
The municipality filed a statement of ...
- Andrew Joseph Duffer brilliantly obliterates Trump, “CARENS” and other morons: “Your religion can be racism.”
‘CAREN Act’ aims to punish racist 911 callers in San Francisco by Josh K. Elliott Global News, July 8, 2020
Warning: Profound succinct swearing wisdom.
KKK, Alberta United Conservative Party, Conservative Party of Canada, many police, lawyers, judges, churches (notably catholic) & other rights violating authorities will be offended.
Coronavirus and Karenitis 4:49 Min by Andrew Joseph Duffer, ...
- More proof big oil is above the law: Energy Transfer LP vows to keep Dakota Access P/L *SHIPPING OIL* after court orders the line emptied.
Amid oil- and gas-pipeline halts, Dakota Access operator ignores court by Scott K. Johnson, July 8, 2020, arstechnica
A series of decisions in the last few days has halted or scuttled three high-profile oil- and gas-pipeline projects. The Keystone and Dakota Access oil pipelines—sources of long-running controversy—both suffered legal setbacks that will require additional environmental impact ...
- Congratulations Justin Brake for standing up for press freedoms! Pfffffft on all the dirty judges involved and the crown for pissing on the “rule of law,” yet again. edfromred: “Shame on the…In-Justice System that never misses a chance to oppress the little guy and rush to the defense of corporations.”
Justin Brake@JustinBrakeNews June 30, 2020
This morning the crown informed an NL Provincial Court Judge that it did not wish to submit evidence in my case, bringing an end to an almost four-year-long legal saga ...
- Alberta picks yet another hanky panky “Dickhead.” Blackrock (lost $90 Billion in fossil fuel investments last 10 years) rule breaker Mark Wiseman to chair AIMCo (money-losing launderer of funds from pensioners to bankrupt frac firms).
As I have already said Kenney will try his best to dress-up AIMCO before approaching the public with a referendum on CPP!! As expected ...
- Ultra Vulgar Bad News for Canadians: Toronto Star sold to private equity investors, New Owners donated to Maxime Bernier, Doug Ford & the Ultra Ugly Harper Party
Toronto Star sold to private equity investors: What it means for Canadian media, New owners are donors to Maxime Bernier and the Conservative Party by Ethan Cox, MAY 27, 2020, Richochet
Late Tuesday evening, the Toronto Star published a short news item noting that their parent company TorStar, which also owns the Hamilton Spectator, five other ...
- DEP data shows bankrupt Chesapeake drilling new wells; Did Chesapeake file for bankruptcy to avoid paying outstanding royalties owed and avoid paying fines for criminal charges possibly up AG Josh Shapiro’s courageous sleeves? The company’s timing is suspect.
State allows bankrupt Chesapeake to drill new wells, Earthworks calls upon DEP to put public first, revoke permits Press Release by Earthworks, June 29, 2020
June 29 — Data retrieved today from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) website indicates DEP is allowing Chesapeake Energy to drill new wells, including two today in Susquehanna County. ...
- Evil law-violating frac’er Chesapeake Energy files for bankruptcy, owing $9Billion. How much magic money will the court give the frac’ers this time?
How much money did lawyers make on the frac’ing industry and how many hundreds of thousands of lies did those lawyers and their fat cat companies tell?
How many lawyers betrayed their clients to benefit themselves and the frac’ers?
Too funny! Serves the greedy frac’ers right.
Chesapeake Energy, fracking pioneer, files for bankruptcy owing $9bn, The Oklahoma ...
- The Ballad of Josh Shapiro (Pennsylvania’s courageous Attorney General taking on health-harming, water-contaminating frac’ers)
COLETOON: Pickin’ and pointin’ fingers with Josh Shapiro.
SING ALONG WITH JOSH by cartoonist John Cole, Jun 28, 2020, timestribuneblogs.com
State Attorney-General Josh Shapiro latest crusade has led his office to the doors of the Department of Environmental Protection and the natural gas drillers whose activities they are supposed to be regulating. According to the findings of a two- ...
- Satellites show major new methane leaks: Oil and gas industry responsible for far more methane in atmosphere than previously thought; Undetected methane leaks from energy industry are major global issue
Satellites reveal major new gas industry methane leaks by Shadia Nasralla, June 25, 2020, Reuters
A undated handout image shows methane emission hotspots associated with oil, gas and coal between January 2019 and May 2020. KAYRROS/Handout via REUTERS
LONDON (Reuters) – Last fall, European Space Agency satellites detected huge plumes of the invisible planet-warming gas methane leaking ...
- Denton’s Law firm wanting more easy money? UCP Kenney’s Witch Hunt given another million dollars, making it look like just another AIMCo money laundering scheme. To pay Harper for his time puppeting Kenney? (Harper works at Denton’s and Witch Hunt boss Steve Allan’s son is partner there. Creepy.)
The Rule of Law: One for the rich and or ‘well connected’ (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) and another for the average ‘Joe’. Edmonton lawyer Shane Stevenson facing drunk driving causing death charges at centre of major lawsuit against him and Dentons Law Firm. Lawyers working drunk is common. How many judges work drunk? What’s the ...
- MUST WATCH; MUST READ: Pennsylvania Grand Jury Nails It: Hydraulic fracturing is poisoning us (AER & BC OGC are much more corrupt and industry-controlled regulators than PA’s DEP)
A mom and dad trapped in a home they no longer feel safe in, comforting a child, feeling powerless to help. As a father of four, I can’t imagine that feeling.
Residents cried for help, and no one from government came. This should never have happened…. Regulators were supposed to prevent abuse by the big ...
- Do non Indigenous, non criminal Canadians have Charter rights? Supreme Court of Canada proves we don’t. Alberta Union of Provincial Employees taking Alberta to court over Bill 1, claiming it violates Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Ordinary non Indigenous, non criminal Canadians don’t have Charter rights; corporations do – even when they kill. Canadian judges pick and choose which citizens get their rights protected, which laws to ignore or shit on and which lie to publish in rulings to smear applicants with. Ignorant angry Canadians elect many corrupt (and misogynistic, racist, ...
- Alberta Law Society rescinds lawyer Grey Leighton’s appointment from adjudicator pool; Ignorant Kenney/UCP refuse to apologize for putting Leighton on their judge picking committee
This is a huge deal, but makes you question the selection process if Grey got it in the first place
Alberta government won’t apologize for appointee critics say made racist, anti-Semitic posts, UCP minister Kaycee Madu accuses NDP of playing politics with Black people by Charles Rusnell, CBC News, Jun 23, 2020
Alberta Municipal Affairs Minister Kaycee ...
- White Male Superiority
Is that you Murray?
nîpawistamâsowin: We Will Stand Up: A young Cree man’s death raised disturbing questions of racism in our legal system | CBC Docs POV, Feb 29, 2020
On August 9, 2016, a young Cree man named Colten Boushie died from a gunshot to the back of his head after entering Gerald Stanley’s rural property ...
- US frac’ers face $300 Billion in writedowns in Q2. “The boom in fracking was largely financed by debt” and we the people are being robbed to pay for the frac’ers’ greed ‘n rape fest.
US shale companies face $300bn in writedowns in Q2, Deloitte says impairments could trigger insolvencies as sector accounts for oil price fall by Derek Brower, June 22, 2020, Financial Times
US shale companies could be forced to write down at least $300bn of their assets in thesecond quarter, as operators begin to account for the oil-price ...
- Dear J Rosalie Abella and Germany: Is it “justice” and “a fantastic work ethic” for a Supreme Court of Canada judge to lie in a ruling and damage our Charter of Rights and Freedoms?
Comments to the article by rural Albertans:
It never stops. Again the deep seated ugly statement and solo move against you in such a tight vote was steeped in jealousy as I have said before. I now rethink the German/Jewish side of things played a role too.
Yikes. Don’t need to read much of that to feel ...
- New study: Frac’ing in Pennsylvania linked to 20 human deaths caused by particulate pollution emitted by shale gas wells from 2010 to 2017
STUDY: AIR POLLUTION FROM FRACKING LINKED TO DEATHS IN PENNSYLVANIA Press Release by Jennifer Micale, June 18, 2020, Binghamton University, State University of New York
Approximately 20 people in Pennsylvania lost their lives during a seven-year period because of particulate matter pollution emitted by shale gas wells, according to a recent study.
The researchers —including lead ...
- Contained. Explosive hazard alert Issued: Gas leak emergency in Black Diamond, Alberta, residents and businesses being evacuated
‘Significant’ gas leak contained after forcing evacuations in downtown Black Diamond by Sammy Hudes, June 20, 2020, Calgary Herald
A “significant” gas leak in Black Diamond has been contained after it forced the closure of the town’s downtown to traffic on Saturday morning.
… The town said in an update just over an hour later that the ...
- UK: Frac’ing is over as the big frac lies fail
“Fracking is over” – UK energy minister by Ruth Hayhurst, June 18, 2020, Drill or Drop
The UK energy minister said this evening that fracking was over and the government had “moved on”.
Kwasi Kwarteng was speaking during an interview about a cryogenic battery facility that will store renewable energy.
Asked by Roger Johnson, of BBC North West ...
- OMG! ScientificAlbertan nails the UCP. Too funny, too brilliant.
Comment by a rural Albertan:
That really is a stunningly accurate recap and funny as all hell!
….shore up your social media presence with 27 guys named Matt.
Thread of Tweets by ScientificAlbertan, June 17, 2020
If you’re ecstatic that @jkenney cancelled the carbon tax, and your carbon tax refund would have been greater than the tax, you ...
- Encana/Ovintiv Greedy Frac’ing Bloodbath Continues, Kills More Jobs After Promising Not To.
And I’m still hauling water, have been for 12 years now (the gov’t hauled water for me for two years prior to that), thanks to Encana/Ovintiv breaking the law, intentionally frac’ing my community’s drinking water aquifers, with all authorities coddling the law-violating company and breaking the law trying to shut me up. I had a ...
- The biggest con ever? Millions of abandoned wells enabled by politicians, regulators & courts. Oil, gas ‘n frac industry rapes, profits ‘n runs, hangs the public with clean up, a climate menace & endless health harms & cruelty
Special Report: Millions of abandoned oil wells are leaking methane, a climate menace by Nichola Groom with additional reporting by Ekaterina Golubkova in Moscow, Rania El Gamal in Riyadh, June 16, 2020, Reuters
SALYERSVILLE, Kentucky (Reuters) – In May 2012, Hanson and Michael Rowe noticed an overpowering smell, like rotten eggs, seeping from an abandoned gas ...
- Sprocket Energy Corp: Bigger sour gas release – 480,000 litres – by “mechanical failure” (code for frac hit?) at Fox Creek Alberta. People live there, H2S is deadly, damages the brain even at low levels, yet again, media reports nothing. Jason Kenney/Steve Harper have friends on the board?
Wondering if Sprocket/AER even bothered to notify local stakeholders and the Town of Fox Creek Administration. Not warning the community is immoral and unforgivable, notably during a pandemic where research has proven pollution increases fatalities by Covid-19.
Vital 2017 reference:
New Study: Sulfide-producing bacteria dominate hydraulically fractured shale oil & gas wells. “An estimated 70% of waterflooded reservoirs world-wide ...
- Cabot Oil and Gas gets frac’d! Pennsylvania AG Shapiro files 15 criminal charges, including 9 felonies, against Cabot for failing to fix gas wells that leaked methane over 9 square miles into 18 Dimock residential water supplies. “The Grand Jury presentments prove that Cabot took shortcuts that broke the law, and damaged our environment — harming our water supply and public health,”
2020: PA Attorney General Josh Shapiro expending significant investigave resources in pursuit of more than 12 criminal cases involving frac’ing: “some will result in criminal charges in the near future.” Any uncorrupted Attorney Generals in Canada courageous enough to take on frac crimes by Encana (Ovintiv)?
Where are the criminal charges against the company that frac’d ...
- After Pennsylvania AG Shapiro’s 2 year investigation, frac’er Range Resources pleads “no contest” to environmental crimes, gets tiny slap ($50,000 in fines & $100,000 donation to an NGO to make the criminal look good).
Where are criminal charges against Encana for breaking every law and rule in Alberta in place to protect our drinking water? Why is Encana/Ovintiv (and it’s sibling, the AER) above the law in Canada?
In my case, Chief Justice Neil C. Wittmann, ruled that I cannot sue the 100% industry-funded AER but ruled that ...
- New study: “Hazardous substances as the dominant non-methane volatile organic compounds with potential emissions from liquid storage tanks during well fracturing.” What toxic frac shit are we breathing, bathing in, ingesting? This study says lots, including red blood cell destroyer, naphthalene (found in my water after Encana/now Ovintiv’s illegal aquifer fracs).
First, a bit about naphthalene because I unknowingly bathed in water contaminated with it for years after Encana’s secret illegal fracs:
Medlineplus: Naphthalene poisoning
… Poisoning from naphthalene destroys or changes red blood cells so they cannot carry oxygen. This can cause organ damage.
CDC PUBLIC HEALTH STATEMENT on NAPHTHALENE, 1-METHYLNAPHTHALENE, AND 2-METHYLNAPHTHALENE
… You may be exposed ...
- Oil India Gas Well Blowout Unleashes Hell of Spewing Oil & Gas: Huge fire breaks out after leaking “uncontrollably” for 2 weeks; Homes burning; 2500 people evacuated; 5 deaths being investigated; Many health impacts; Endangered river dolphin scorched & dead. Ya sure AER & Encana-Ovintiv, natural gas is “perfectly” safe illegally frac’d loose in our drinking water aquifers and on into our homes
Huge fire breaks out at India gas well blowout, Fire has reportedly spread to homes near well that has been leaking ‘uncontrollably’ for two weeks by Agence France-Presse, June 10, 2020, The Guardian
A plume of smoke rises following an explosion at an oil well operated by the state owned Oil India in Baghjan in the ...
- 4.0M earthquake 31 km SE of High Prairie, Alberta; 10 felt reports, NRC says none. Tweet: “That’s a weird place for a quake.” Tweet: “Probably not with all the fracking that goes on in the area.”
Comments to the CBC News article:
Shawn Bereziuk Reply to @Holley Hardin: And there is no fracking within 200 miles of High Prairie.!!
Neil Korchinski Reply to @Shawn Bereziuk: – So what was that fracking job that I did around Sunset House? A figment of my imagination?
NRC Twitter report and tweets in response snap taken June 9, ...
- Love vs Hate
‘Where Do We Go From Here?’ Martin Luther King’s question rings forth. As do his teachings on power and love by Andrew Nikiforuk, June 5, 2020, TheTyee.ca
Tyee contributing editor Andrew Nikiforuk is an award-winning journalist whose books and articles focus on epidemics, the energy industry, nature and more.
Martin Luther King: ‘Now, we got to get ...
- Another new study: Living near oil & gas wells tied to low birth weights in infants, adds to growing body of evidence linking proximity to oil & gas to adverse health outcomes, including heart defects, cancer …
Living near oil and gas wells tied to low birth weights in infants by Kara Manke, June 3, 2020
Living near active oil and gas wells may put pregnant people at higher risk of having low birth weight babies, especially in rural areas, finds a new study of birth outcomes in California.
The study, funded by the ...
- Paul Butler: “This is not about enforcing law. It’s about enforcing white supremacy.” The New York Times: “How the Supreme Court lets cops get away with murder.” Roxanne Gay: “A hashtag is not a vaccine for white supremacy.” Linda Tirado: “It was police who shot me, not protesters.” Slate: “Police errupt in violence nationwide.”
“The system’s not broken; the system was built this way.” Of course it was! Just like it was built to piss on the poor, women, the environment and the Rule of Law itself
“Hey look Ma!! Racists won!!” Ontario Law Society’s Statement of Principles (SOP) abolished by dinosaurs. “Shows how corrupt our legal (definitely not ...