- Excellent letter by John Scull: “How can fracking be part of the “Clean BC” plan? How can police action against First Nations be consistent with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People?”
NDP support of fracking/LNG industry a shame, Many people are turning their backs on yesterday’s destructive technology by John Scull, Duncan, Jan. 17, 2020, Cowichan Valley Citizen
The BC NDP government has mimicked the policies of their BC Liberal opponents in supporting the fracking/LNG industry with permits and tax reductions. As I write, RCMP are excluding ...
- BC Hydro safety expert repeatedly warned bosses about frac risk to dams, FOI documents show, Utility says concerns are overblown, despite warnings from its own specialist
Think the higher ups at BC Hydro give a damn (pun intended) about harms to the public from frac quakes impacting Site C dam? Even the feds are in on the frac quake cover-up!
What the Frac Hell is going on in Canada! 3.9M earthquake west of Frac’d Crazy Fox Creek Alberta reported by Earthquakes ...
- If only the porn hackers had targeted Kenney’s war room or AER instead; they wouldn’t have had to change anything, since their work is obscene anyway!
Alberta government website domain hijacked by porn hacker by Bill Kaufmann, Jan 15, 2020, Calgary Herald
Online porn-seekers might have been surprised to find their efforts hooking them up with an Alberta government website domain, say provincial officials.
They say a hacker had defaced the alberta.ca domain by replacing content with links to commercial and pornographic ...
- The insanely polluting leaking oil & gas industry! New paper on methane leak detection & repair: More than 1,600 leaks & vents at only 36 sites in NW Alberta. Think of the cumulative pollution, community poisoning and public health harms, notably as more and more companies, enabled by politicians (industry’s maids), regulators and courts, use bankruptcy to avoid clean up.
How many decades have companies, their lobby groups like CAPP, synergized NGOs, regulators and politicians lied to the public, pimping natural gas as a clean and green “bridge fuel” while downplaying the leaks, dangers, and public health harms?
All surveys were performed at facilities operated by Seven Generations Energy Ltd. (henceforth 24 “the company”) in the ...
- Kenney’s Energy War Room: “Cease Fire!”
Too funny! Too accurate! Too brilliant! Too perfect! Thank you, Mr. Mayes!
Cease Fire Cartoon by Malcolm Mayes, Edmonton Journal, January 2020
- Invasion: In an Era of Reconciliation, Indigenous Land is Being Taken at Gunpoint (2019). Jim Miles: “Powerful video – should be viewed widely. The British imperial colonial-settler policies live on through our courts and our para-militarized police.”
Freda Huson: “I’m pissed!”
“Your law can bend the rules to let somebody come in and destroy our land and get you guys to help them. If it was your house, you’d feel the same if the same vandals keep coming and wrecking your shit…No where in the injunction does it tell them they ...
- Alberta senior to Jason Kenney: “Keep your criminal little fingers off my CPP pension!!”
I don’t want Kenney taking my CPP either. It will most likely end up going to AIMCo to invest in bankrupt frac companies poisoning communities and our environment.
Subject: What’s This Kenney Government Costing Us In Honoriums ?? Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 11:12:01 -0700 From: ...
- Queensland, Australia: Town of Stanthorpe runs out of water but frac’ers keep frac’ing; Trucked water costing $800,000 a month, 14 vehicles haul 42 truckloads, 130-km round trip. Ernst’s roundtrip to haul water is 100 km, which Alberta and Wheatland County make her pay herself, after the authorities enabled Encana’s illegal fresh water aquifer fracs
A lot of industry’s frac’d gas wells are leaking flammable methane in Australia (everywhere the industry operates actually).
How much is the oil and gas industry directly causing/contributing to wildfires in BC, Alberta, California, Australia, etc, because of spills; leaks at wells/facilities; millions of fracs and refracs causing gases to leak to surface outside of ...
- BlackRock, world’s largest fund manager with nearly $7 trillion in investments, plans to offer new funds that shun fossil fuel-oriented stocks, could put pressure on other large money managers to follow suit. It’s strictly business.
No wonder: World’s Biggest Fund Manager, BlackRock, lost $90 Billion investing in fossil fuel companies over last decade
BlackRock C.E.O. Larry Fink: Climate Crisis Will Reshape Finance, In his influential annual letter to chief executives, Mr. Fink said his firm would avoid investments in companies that “present a high sustainability-related risk.” by Andrew Ross Sorkin, Jan ...
- Why isn’t Kenney’s War Room & Witch Hunt investigating & harassing Encana, 80 per cent foreign-funded, illegal aquifer frac’er?
Encana gets shareholders’ approval to move base to United States by Kevin Orland, Jan 14, 2020, Bloomberg in Calgary Herald
Calgary-based Encana Corp. won investors’ approval to relocate to the U.S. and change its name to Ovintiv, a plan that has dented morale in Canada’s beleaguered energy industry.
About 90 per cent of security holders voted in ...
- Oil & gas lobbyists feel the heat on the industry’s pollution-caused global warming, but remain committed to misleading the public. Wow, just wow.
Cenovus embraces net-zero emissions goal as carbon becomes competitive yardstick
Cenovus Sets Bold Sustainability Targets
Well cleanup in the cards after Alberta energy company announces plans
Cenovus aims for ‘net zero’ GHG emissions by 2050 Way too late, even if it were possible.
Oil’s slick rebranding is more like disinformation by Chris Tomlinson, Jan. 10, 2020, Houston Chronicle
Oil and gas lobbyists are finally ...
- UCP set to overhaul oilpatch liability rules for law-violating, lying AER to ignore, as usual, obeying Big Daddy CAPP that ex-Encana VP, ex-AER Chair Gerard Protti created.
Never mind the known hundreds of billions of dollars in oil patch liabilities, who is going to pay to repair the many frac’d aquifers, poisoned water wells, lakes and rivers, remove the toxic waste companies have been happily and greedily dumping on pastures and farm land for years, with govt and “regulator” blessings?
Some excellent comments ...
- MUST READ: “For the Wet’suwet’en and Gitxsan peoples, justice has been denied. What else is new?”
Some of the many Wet’suwet’en suppporters on January 10, 2020:
Calgary, Trans Canada Tower
For the Wet’suwet’en and Gitxsan peoples, justice has been denied. What else is new? by Stephen O’Neill, Jan 9, 2020, The Globe and Mail
The Honourable Stephen O’Neill was a judge on the Ontario Superior Court of Justice from 1999 to 2015 and ...
- USA: Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals Vacates Permit for Atlantic Coast Pipeline Compressor Station in Union Hill: “Environmental justice is not merely a box to be checked, and the Board’s failure to consider the disproportionate impact on those closest…resulted in a flawed analysis”
Rosebud and many other frac’d communities in Alberta and BC are surrounded by dozens of frac’d gas compressor stations, many of them Encana’s: polluting, invading, weedy, disrespectful, ugly pieces of shit noise-makers.
For an excellent article on Encana’s nasty compressor impact tricks, read Andrew Nikiforuk’s excellent 2005 article in Report on Business: Life in a Science ...
- Nasty Coastal GasLink! Nasty BC Supreme Court! Nasty RCMP! Update by Unist’ot’en Camp
A few excellent comments to the Herald article below:
What a laugh – to suggest that we are lily white and that our oil and gas industry is somehow better, that we listen to all voices more, than other jurisdictions. The difference between us and those places where regulations are tighter and where fracking, for ...
- Gidimt’en spokesperson Sleydo’, a.k.a. Molly Wickham, accuses RCMP of acting as mercenaries for industry, “We are still being threatened with violence, death, and the removal of our children for simply existing on our lands and following our laws”
Comment by Andrew Williams:
The behaviour of the RCMP is extremely disturbing, but not out of character. They have been used in the past to remove forcibly indigenous children from their homes and arrest parents who resisted; they have hauled Tahltan granneis off their ancestral lands when they protested industrial developments; and they have arrested peaceful ...
- J Hill: “Who would have thought that the once proud RCMP would have become corporate contract killers?” Chief Na’Moks: “We will never, ever forget what happened on this day last year. It goes into Wet’suwet’en history. It goes into British Columbia history. It goes into Canadian history, and it is implanted for us forever.”
Comment to the Tyee article below:
Coastal Gas & LNG Canada have enough cash to divert a pipeline around the West’sueten land.
With B.C. sill in the throes of land claims settlements (which at the current pace are likely to go on for generations) indigenous rights must be respected.
‘The World Is Watching’: Wet’suwet’en Chiefs Call for ...
- Jan 18, 2020: Free Public Lecture by Law Prof Martin Olszynski “Alberta’s Underfunded Environmental Liabilities: Inactive Wells and Oil Sands Tailings”
SMLS Public Lecture- Alberta’s Underfunded Environmental Liabilities Jan 18, 2020, by Canadian Institute of Resources Law
Date And Time
Sat, 18 January 2020
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM MST
Murray Fraser Hall, Room MFH 3360
Faculty of Law, University of Calgary
2800 University Way NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
The Canadian Institute of Resources Law invites you to attend a ...
- Happy New Year! “Merriest fossil fuel stories” of 2019 show frac industry melting down. Roaring 20s speed into “tragedy on the horizon” where investments could “go to zero quickly.” Vital warning for AIMCo by Bank of England Governor Mark Carney: Pension funds could be hit by ‘worthless’ fossil fuels
Bank of England head: Pension funds could be hit by ‘worthless’ fossil fuels by Oscar Williams-Grut, Yahoo Finance UK, December 30, 2019
Bank of England governor Mark Carney has warned pension funds they could be stung as fossil fuels investments become “worthless” over time.
Carney said in an interview on BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme on Monday ...
- Kenney’s royal Clusterfuck War Room rages idiotically on with new buffoonery: CEC reportedly hiring Deborah Jaremko, worst oil and gas propagandist after CAPP, Steve Harper and Jason Kenney, as “content editor.” Pfffffffffft! I can’t stop laughing!
This cartoon is too accurate! It’s outrageous that Kenney has not shut down his immensely stupid, big ego room.
UNBELIEVABLE DISRESPECT! WELL, AS THEY SAY, YOU CAN’T FIX STUPID: War room will keep second logo, push on with research and response work, says CEO, The chief commander of Alberta’s oil and gas war room says its ...
- All Eyes on Wet’suwet’en: International Call for Week of Solidarity! Canada’s “Rule of Law” exposes it’s public interest harming, corporate interest protecting, dark underbelly – again. Thank all that is good: ***Unist’ot’en evict Coastal Gaslink from their Territory*** and Hereditary Chiefs of all 5 Wet’suwet’en clans reject BC Supreme Court Justice Marguerite Church’s decision, which criminalizes Anuk ‘nu’at’en (Wet’suwet’en law)!
Comment by Jan Steinman to the Tyee article below:
I’m not surprised at the BC Supreme Court ruling. It is chock-a-block full of Harper appointees.
[Seven out of nine of the Supreme Court of Canada justices who ruled in Ernst vs AER (seriously jeopardizing it) and intentionally published smears and lies about Ernst, were also appointed ...
- All in the Protti Family? What are the connections between law-violating CSIS, law-violating Encana, propagadist big oil lobby group CAPP, law-violating EUB/ERCB/AER and the big banks?
Civil servant heads banking group, Former CSIS head Raymond Protti (Gerry Protti’s brother) was named as new president of the CBA by Bertand Marotte, March 23, 1996, The Vanvouver Sun
A little history on Raymond’s brother, Gerard (Gerry) Protti:
Notably, Gerry Protti was involved in the corrupt ICORE clan at the AER with Jim Ellis and others:
- Alberta’s war room not only spins, it misuses citizens; Canadian Association of Journalists calls UCP propaganda war room out for calling its spinners journalists.
Excellent comment to the Alberta Politics article:
MAGDAI think the War Room is turning out to be a splendid thing. They can’t go five minutes without stepping on their dicks and making the O&G sector in Alberta look stupid. An “interview” with a chef that no one reads and a rebuttal from the chef – including ...
- Hey KopyKatKenney, Tom Olsen, Matt Wolf et al! Wanna be war room heros? Copy logos quick ‘n easy! No more logo a no-go!
Energy War Room Logo Generator by Goat – a Design Agency, December 2019.
Are you a publicly-funded entity with a multi-million dollar budget looking for a new logo? Just use this logo generator to create an original*, brand-aligned visual identity, then use our proprietary Design Rationale tool to explain your decision to the public!
- 2nd logo for Kenney/CAPP’s $30 Million money-laundering “disproving true facts” war room run amuck. ATK Technologies Inc. threatens to sue: “This is our intellectual property”
🇮🇪 megsywatt@megawatt2011 replying to @ABWarRoom: Wow, who needs satire these days?
Second logo for Alberta’s energy war room comes under fire from U.S. tech firm by Bill Kaufmann, Dec 27, 2019, Calgary Herald
For the second time this month, the Canadian Energy Centre war room’s choice of a corporate logo has run into possible flak.
A California-based software ...
- Steam-assisted oil recovery: Riskier than fracking?
Steam-assisted oil recovery: Riskier than fracking? by Marie Lakin, Dec. 28, 2019, VC Star
In June 2011, a sinkhole of super-heated earth opened up and swallowed an oilfield worker in Kern County. That field had been producing heavy oil for decades utilizing a high-pressure production technique of water heated by natural gas and injected into the ...
- Happy Christmas! Twenty years later, polluters still rule Canada and abuse Canadians
- Christmas shit show in Wyoming: State “regulator” report, funded by Encana, says no evidence Pavillion drinking water contaminated by fracking. We could have saved Encana $1.5 Million, told the state we knew years ago they’d let Encana off with a fat, wordy (4,228 pages!!) blame nature report (just like Alberta did)
What “regulator” allows a polluter to study water or pay others to study water polluted by the polluter?
Why release this report the day before Christmas Eve? Because Encana and the regulator know no one will read it and thus not see the garbage in it? To further abuse the already heinously abused by Encana and ...
- Analyzing Alberta’s “gooey delusion of perpetual oil revenue.” Robyn Allen: Globe and Mail columnist Robyn Urback sends wrong message characterizing Albertans as helplessly bullied, “Jobs are disappearing because oil producers have accelerated their strategy of displacing workers with technology.” … “Big Oil seems to have decided Alberta’s males are disposable. “
ANALYZING ALBERTA: ‘Big Oil seems to have decided Alberta’s males are disposable.’ Readers debate the source of Alberta’s economic downturn Dec 21, 2019, The Globe and Mail
Re We Ignore Alberta Anxiety At Our Peril (Opinion, Dec. 14): The locus of anxiety is clear: Columnist Robyn Urback writes that male youth unemployment in Alberta is more than 50 ...
- Updated with some frac’d academia details. Jeremy Klazsus on Jason Kenney’s Year Of Attack. Alvin Finkel: “I would characterize this era as a kind of massive fraud that’s being perpetuated on the people of Alberta.”
Excellent comments to Edmonton Journal article on the war room’s first attack of an individual Canadian, Mr. Steven Lee:
Abdul SidibeThis is a classic example of government overreach and abuse power by the UCP. That no one in the province can raise money and do environmental advocacy is just a preposterous position to hold. I have ...
- Congratulations Mr. Steven Lee! KopyKatKenney’s & industry’s intent with Alberta’s idiotic cowardly plagarizing war room is to scare courageous intelligent outspoken Canadians like you into silence. Keep going and thank you! Your work is fabulous and and obviously direly needed.
From Mr. Lee’s website:
Foundation for Environmental Stewardship (FES) is a youth-led, youth-serving sustainable development organization. FES is a not-for-profit corporation whose registered charity number is 801430307 RR0001. FES is an accredited organization by the United Nations and has a special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations.
‘Intimidating:’ Alberta’s ...
- Oh Racist Fascist Canada! Too late, again. Democracy is dead.
Comment to the Tyee article on this by Kevin barker:
I asked the cops about that: .
“The RCMP are not a paramilitary organization.” “So who were the guys with the machine guns and sunglasses?” “RCMP” “But you just said …” “Screw off or I’ll run ya in for obstructing…”
RCMP Planned to Use Snipers in Assault on ...
- Pennsylvania: Frac’ing under investigation following surge of rare cancer cases
First, read this:
2016: The Most Horrific Frac Deregulation Yet? US EPA preparing for “widespread” radioactive frac waste contamination of drinking water or because it’s already happened? EPA’s proposed “protective regulation” to allow dramatically higher levels of radioactivity in drinking water
2016: US EPA Takes Frac Deregulation to the Extreme: California and EPA Poised to Increase Oil ...
- Hey KopyKatKenney War Room! Make the logo round — like a pipe you dummies! Logo Next up – Nike’s.
ANNALS OF THE ENERGY WAR ROOM: SQUARE-PIPELINE LOGO TO BE DUMPED LIKE A BAD FIRST DATE by DAVID CLIMENHAGA, Dec 20, 2019, Alberta Politics
The Alberta Energy War Room’s logo will be unceremoniously dumped like a bad first date.
It turns out the iconic square-pipeline symbol that was supposedly rustled up just for Canadian Energy Centre Ltd., ...
- Oh Racist Colonial Canada: As vile under Trudeau as Harper! Police prepared to shoot Wet’suwet’en land defenders; Documents show Commanders argued “lethal overwatch is req’d” – a term for deploying snipers – like in Elsipotog in 2013. RCMP commanders also instructed officers to “use as much violence toward the gate as you want.” PS Merry Christmas.
Exclusive: Canada police prepared to shoot Indigenous activists, documents show, Notes from strategy session for raid on Wet’suwet’en nation’s ancestral lands show commanders argued for ‘lethal overwatch’ by Jaskiran Dhillon in Wet’suwet’en territory and Will Parrish, 20 Dec 2019, The Guardian
Canadian police were prepared to shoot Indigenous land defenders blockading ...
- Alberta’s “Logo a no-go” Tom Olsen (salary $195,000.00 a year) tries to bring “measured tone” to Alberta’s War Room and to “correct” Jeremy Appel’s excellent Opinion Piece in Medicine Hat News. Olsen fails, miserably. Must read review of Olsen’s attempt by David Climenhaga! (I’ll be laughing for days!)
Thank you David Climenhaga! (I’ll be laughing for days!)
2019 07 12: Jason Kenney’s (CAPP et al’s) War Room swamped by fightin’ mad Albertans falling for lies & propaganda instead of looking honestly at industry’s greed-induced “de-manning” killing jobs & causing their suffering
2019 12 17: Downstream of oilsands, death by cancer comes too often [Excellent ...
- My condolences on this slight, seems Canada’s Supreme Court has no integrity or courage. It appears our court is afraid of big kahunas, the big frac’ers, will not hear appeal by Calgary-based Packers Plus Energy Services Inc.
Supreme Court dismisses appeal in long-running oilpatch technology fight by The Canadian Press, Dec 19, 2019, 660CityNews
CALGARY — A long-running court battle over who owns a well-completion technology that helped usher in the shale oil and gas boom in North America has ended.
The Supreme Court of Canada says it will not hear an appeal by ...
- Another Canadian Clusterfuck: Too funny! Kopy Kat Kenney copied U.S. software giant’s logo for his propaganda war room. How many millions of dollars will “Logo a no-go” cost? Guffaw!
Definition clus·ter·fuck: /ˈkləstərˌfək/
“a disastrously mishandled situation or undertaking.”
Canadian Energy Centre changing logo following backlash by Tom Ross with files from The Canadian Press, Dec 19, 2019, 660CityNews
(CREDIT: Canadian Energy Centre, Facebook)
CALGARY (660 NEWS) – Alberta’s Canadian Energy Centre is changing its logo, just one week after they launched.
The centre released a statement Thursday afternoon saying ...
- Canadian Clusterfuck! SNC Lavalin happily pleads guilty to escape most charges. *Justice* is pissed on again. When will Gwyn Morgan (ex SNC Lavalin Chair, ex Encana CEO) be held accountable for the crimes under his leadership? And why is Canadian media glorifying perfidious ex-AG Jody Wilson-Raybould?
SNC-Lavalin (Gwyn Morgan Chairman SNC Lavalin and Director of Encana, was CEO when the company intentionally and illegally frac’d Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers) paid $160-million in Libyan bribes, RCMP says
2013: Legal counsel for SNC Lavalin chairman Gwyn Morgan, issues cease and desist letter to website bearing the same name”
Gwyn Morgan This excellent website is ...
- Encana, one of the world’s 47 most polluting companies, named “morally responsible” for death & destruction; First time a human rights body stated fossil fuel companies can be found legally and morally liable for harms linked to climate change.
Oilsands Firms ‘Morally Responsible’ for Deaths and Destruction from Climate Disasters, Greenpeace’s Yeb Saño explains what a Philippines human rights investigation means for the fossil fuel industry in Canada by Geoff Dembicki, Dec 18, 2019, TheTyee.ca
Geoff Dembicki reports for The Tyee. His work also appears in Vice, Foreign Policy and the New York Times.
Four years ago, ...
- Look out Albertans whose pensions Kenney gave to AIMCo. Crazy Days in Alberta: The Poison Wells File. The province let oil and gas firms create a $100-billion disaster. New example? Shell Pieridae Briko Ikkuma Alberta Foothills Sour Gas Marriage financed by AIMCo and about $10Billion in liabilities.
Reality Check Questions:
Bit player (like Pieridae, Binko and Ikkuma), Trident Resources, folded two years after buying 4,700 wells from massive Husky Energy in a deal financed by AIMCo.
Bit player Pieridae’s insane purchase of Shell’s $10Billion in sour gas liabilities was also financed by AIMCo.
Question #1: Is AIMCo being used by Alberta politicians to relieve major players of their ...
- Chippewa Co. Wisconsin: Arsenic levels at **bankrupt** frac sand mine 7 times higher than state cleanup standards; DNR has ‘reasonable concern’ heavy metals in holding ponds might have contaminated groundwater.
“The mud pond water samples show elevated levels of aluminum, arsenic, chromium, lead, and manganese which indicates a potential for exceedances of groundwater standards in Ch NR 140.” Roberta Walls, WDNR Non-Metallic Mining Coordinator
Arsenic Levels At Bankrupt Frac Sand Mine 7 Times Higher Than State Cleanup Standards, DNR Says It Has ‘Reasonable Concern’ Heavy Metals ...
- Frac Sand Harm, Western Wisconsin: Judge allows Hi-Crush lawsuits to proceed but requires neighbors to document harms
Judge allows Hi-Crush lawsuits to proceed but requires neighbors to document harms by Chris Hubbuch, Dec 9, 2019, Wisconsin State Journal
Neighbors of two Hi-Crush frac sand mines can proceed with lawsuits against the company, but not before they detail specific harms suffered as a result of two mining operations in western Wisconsin.
Some 40 neighbors ...
- Secret to making money while fracking for oil? Simply stop fracking. “The catch is that production will immediately move into steep decline in many cases.”
Superior Energy Services latest casualty of ‘fracking’ market downturn by Liz Hampton, Dec 16, 2019, Reuters
Oilfield service company Superior Energy Services Inc. on Monday said it will shutter its hydraulic fracturing unit, the second supplier this month to exit a business hammered by slower shale activity.
Last week, Basic Energy Services said it would sell most ...
- The 10 longest laterals on frac’d wells in Texas so far in 2019: No. 1 Surge Energy at 3.21 miles. In 2018, Ensign drilled Canada’s longest lateral, 7,770 metres (4.828 miles), at global world record frac-quake capital, Fox Creek, Alberta.
Drilling Down: The 10 longest horizontal wells in Texas by Sergio Chapa, December 16, 2019, chron.com
Most horizontal wells can be measured in feet but some of them can literally be measured in miles. In figures exclusive provided to the Houston Chronicle, Austin oilfield data company Enverus opened its vaults to reveal the 10 longest horizontal wells ...
- Welcome to Hell: Blowout at ExxonMobil subsiduary XTO Energy frac site in 2018 one of worst-ever methane leaks in USA
Day 20: XTO’s exploded gas well that vented methane, caused 2 mile no fly zone for weeks finally capped; Powhatan residents return home; Authorities chant no harm to public, no safety risk
Oil & gas industry’s fracking is “perfectly safe” lie explodes by homes, yet again: Ohio, Belmont County, XTO Well pad explosion, fire forces 1 ...
- Courageous (and funny!) Medicine Hat News Opinion piece by Jeremy Appel, ‘Energy war room an expensive joke at best,’ Inspires tart and bossy email from war room spin doctor, Grady Semmens, who previously spun at Cenovus (Encana spawn), Currently listed as executive for TransCanada Corp
Thank you Jeremy Appel, for your humour and courage! A breath of fresh, non-Alberta, air.
Is Grady Semmens still working for TransCanada Corp? As of Dec 16, 2019, he’s still listed as a TransCanada executive by Wall Street Journal.
Will the Medicine Hat News publish Grady Semmens’ order?
Nothing there as of 12:02 pm, Dec 18, 2019:
Opinion: Energy ...
- Goldman Sachs’ Nov 2019 updated environmental policy makes it first major U.S. bank to rule out financing new or expanding thermal coal mines and coal-fired power plants *worldwide* and “any transaction that directly supports new upstream Arctic oil exploration or development. This includes but is not limited to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.”
Unfortunately, Goldman Sachs enables the endless environmental and economical harms caused by hydraulic fracturing and Alberta’s tarsands, this from their updated policy:
Oil & Gas – Hydraulic Fracturing: The rapid expansion of hydraulic fracturing has contributed to the expansion of energy resources, particularly in the U.S., along with greater affordability of energy for consumers and industry, ...
- Chevron biting frac ‘n LNG dust? Bites 400 more staff in Pennsylvania after cutting 150 staff there in 2014. Frac’ing is going the way Arthur Berman said it would – down into the gutter with tens of billions of dollars in losses; Banks, investors, investment firms running for frac-free hills.
Perhaps Chevron knows a huge fine and legal consequences are coming for this ungodly mess of theirs? McKittrick, California: One day after Chevron announced it had finished cleaning up months-long, nearly 1.4 million-gallon leak in Cymric Oil field, another leak started with a second larger one appearing the next day spilling about 84,0000 gallons of ...
- Mexico Environment Minister Wants to Prohibit Fracking Because it Damages the Environment
Mexico Environment Minister Wants to Prohibit Fracking by Adam D. Williams, December 10, 2019, Natural Gas Intel
Mexico’s Environment Minister, Víctor Toledo, is the latest government official to voice support for President Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s plans to prohibit hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, through at least 2024.
Toledo, speaking at a forum in Mexico City in ...
- If AIMCo were independent, trustworthy and believable would its CEO need to boast so loudly and dishonestly in the media? Will King Kenney fire Mr. Uebelein if he refuses to give bankrupting oil and gas frac’ers a billion more dollars here and a billion more dollars there?
A few commenters that are more trustworthy and make more financial sense than Mr. Uebelein:
ANGUS BIRNIEExcept the legislation says AIMCO CEO is a liar. Section 19 – “The Treasury Board may issue directives that must be followed by the corporation, the board, or both…”
Angelina DukeJust show us the numbers… not the “assumed” calculations. Have the ...
- New study says shale gas not worth it, not even for the jobs: “Air pollution from shale gas development activities in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia from 2004 to 2016 resulted in 1,200 to 4,600 premature deaths in the region” costing $23 billion. “Climate impacts produced mid-range costs of an additional $34 billion” while cumulative impacts on water and air quality, ecosystem, climate, labor markets and public health “are still largely unexplored and unaccounted for.”
Is shale development worth the costs? A CMU study says no. Research finds shale gas jobs don’t offset damage done by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Dec 8, 2019
Although the massive shale gas build-out in the Appalachian Basin has produced significant economic benefits, a new Carnegie Mellon University study says all the drilling, fracking and cracking isn’t ...
- Hey Kenney! Grant Collies: “Tom Olsen from this point onward shall be known as Stupid Goebbels.” Arthur Vandalay: “It’s not a war room against anti-oil types. Its a war room against truth.” Claude DeRoche: “$30 million! Enough to hire 500 nurses!”
One of the comments to the CBC article on ASRG FB page:
Grant Collies: Tom Olsen from this point onward shall be known as Stupid Goebbels.
Most liked comment of the over 4,700 comments (as of 8:20 pm) at CBC, with a few reponses to it:
It’s not a war room against anti-oil types. Its ...
- Colorado: 7 workers injured by fire at Crestone Peak Resources drilling site near Longmont
Fire at oil & gas well highlights need for stronger state regulatory oversight of extraction, Community members have long raised alarm about Crestone Peak drilling site, location of Monday night fire that sent seven to the hospital Press Release by Earthworks, Dec 11, 2019
… “Regardless of the investigation’s outcome, explosions and blowouts from oil and ...
- What about us? Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron & BP Could Be Legally & Morally Liable for Climate Crisis in Philippines
La caricature de Côté by ANDRÉ-PHILIPPE CÔTÉ, Dec 8, 2019, Le Soleil
COP 25 UN Climate Change Conference 2019
Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron & BP Could Be Legally & Morally Liable for Climate Crisis in Philippines by Democracy Now, Dec 09, 2019
The Commission on Human Rights of the Philippines has just determined that 47 major companies, including ...
- 2019 “Shale and Public Health” conference videos
Shale and Public Health by Bob Donnan, Dec 5, 2019, bobscaping.com
The annual conference was presented by the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania with funding from the Colcom Foundation and the Heinz Endowments to the League of Women Voters of PA Citizen Education Fund.
Vera Bonnet, lead writer of the “Shale Gas Extraction and Public Health ...
- Remembering the Montreal Massacre, “an act of terror against women.”
2019 12 06: Northern India rape victim dies in hospital after being set ablaze
The woman died on Friday after suffering a cardiac arrest, Dr. Shalabh Kumar, the head of burns and plastic department at New Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital told Reuters.
“She was having 95% percent burns,” he said, adding the woman’s wind pipe was burnt and ...
- Canadian Historial Review: A History of Oil Spills on Long-Distance Pipelines in Canada
Alberta averages two crude oil spills a day for decades and all the AER can do is “urge” companies to improve detection of pipeline leaks?
Pipeline spills are not the exception in Alberta, they are an oily reality, Since 2006, province’s pipelines have spilled the equivalent of almost 28 million litres of oil
A History of Oil ...
- Taxpayers for Common Sense: U.S. gov’t missed out on billions of dollars of revenue from overly generous and outdated terms for oil and gas leases on federal land in Colorado
Federal Oil, Gas Leasing Terms in Colorado Said to Cost Government Billions by Andrew Baker, December 3, 2019, Natural Gas Intel
The U.S. government has missed out on billions of dollars of revenue from overly generous and outdated terms for oil and gas leases on federal land in Colorado, according to a report by the Taxpayers for ...
- ‘Black wall’ of Frac Secrets: UK Govt ‘release fracking report with 37 of 48 pages entirely blacked out by censor’s pen’ with only one page left unredacted, the front cover.
“People will be wondering why there’s so little the government is willing to reveal about fracking and so much it wants to hide.”
2014: A Government Frac Report Named Redact: UK government heavily censors state-sanctioned report on fracking
Fracking report: Government heavily redacts document revealing tactics for convincing public to accept shale gas, ‘The fact they ...
- **Public** Accounts Standing Committee on AER’s 100% **industry** funded ICORE scandal: Board Chair Bev Yee (who helped cover-up Encana crimes), blathers on, deflects questions, toots for AER Board and UCP, no wonder UCP appointed her Chair. UCP MLA said “public” money was blown on the scandal knowing AER/ICORE rec’d no public funds.
If you have 1.5 hours to throw away, watch this session. Warning, it’s a shoddy, meaningless, repetitive, coddle the new AER Board and UCP govt, irritating waste of time.
Why is the 100% industry-funded AER ICORE scandal eating up taxpayer dollars and govt time with a “Public Accounts Standing Committee?”
This is industry’s problem, not Albertans’.
A new ...
- Oklahoma pipeline operator Williams and its subsidiary Mockingbird Midstream Gas Services sue Railroad Commission of Texas in flaring dispute. Is the Texas regulator legally immune like AER?
Pipeline Operator Sues Railroad Commission In Flaring Dispute by Sergio Chapa, Dec. 3, 2019, Houston Chronicle
The controversial oil and natural gas industry practice of burning off natural gas produced as a byproduct of crude oil production is under fire in a lawsuit filed by a pipeline company alleging that Texas regulators allowed one of its ...
- Jason kenney’s billions of $$$ in corporate welfare not enough? Halliburton to cease cementing operations in Alberta by end of 2019 but “will continue to provide specialty cementing solutions, blends and **chemical additives** to our customers that require our ***proprietary*** products and processes.”
Halliburton to suspend cementing operations in Alberta by Sammy Hudes, Dec 3, 2019, Calgary Herald
A multinational corporation that has operated cementing services in Alberta for close to a century plans to shut down those operations in Western Canada by the end of the month.
Halliburton, an oilfield service company headquartered in Texas, says it is suspending ...
- Oh Canada! RCMP as vile and demented as our legal system? ‘Creepy and unsettling’: Activist voices concerns over her RCMP profile
‘Creepy and unsettling’: Activist voices concerns over her RCMP profile by Jim Bronskill, The Canadian Press, November 30, 2019, Global News
An activist concerned about mining-industry abuses found it “kind of creepy and unsettling” to recently learn the RCMP compiled a six-page profile of her shortly after she turned up at a federal leaders debate during ...
- Frac Hanky Panky hits the UK: Cabinet Office defies **court** order to release 2016 secret gov’t report on frac’ing industry – Like Encana still defying Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench 2014 order to release to Ernst all relevant documents to her lawsuit, most evilly withheld: all chemicals Encana secretly injected into Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers
UK government defies court order to release secret fracking report, The Cabinet Office was ordered to release the report first revealed by Unearthed nearly two years ago by Zach Boren, Nov 28, 2019, Unearthed
The front page of the Cabinet Office report on fracking in the UK reads: “no part of this report or its appendices ...
- Energy: The Losing Sector in the Junk Bond Rally. This year, high yield corporate bond market produced best returns since 2016. Despite this strong performance, Energy sector, which makes up 11% of the HY bond universe, produced **negative returns.** Jason Kenney and AIMCo: Keep your grubby greedy mits off our pensions, including our CPP!~
The Losing Sector In The Junk Bond Rally by seekingalpha, Nov. 26, 2019
SummaryThe high yield corporate bond market has produced its best returns since 2016 this year. Despite this strong performance, the Energy sector, which makes up 11% of the HY bond universe, has produced negative returns.
The article discusses the rationing of capital in the Energy space ...
- “Impeach a Premier?” Jason Kenney & his UCP’s Omnibus Bill fires Election Commissioner investigating Kenney, transfers teachers’ pension funds **without their approval** to underperforming AIMCo. Kenney trying to turf RCMP too because they’re also invesigating him?
Under AIMCo, law allows gov’t to stick in their grubby greedy selfish criminal power hungry fingers and steal it, aka “invest” it, in dying, polluting, aquifer frac’ing, caprock busting, rights-violating, public health harming oil & gas industry or UCP holiday homes in BC far from Alberta’s toxic air & water, etc.
The Losing Sector In The ...
- Kenney goes a beggin’ to Trudeau for mega cash & tax cuts to give yet more $billions in corporate welfare to billion dollar profit raping oil patch; Kenney & CAPP want Canadians (and their heirs and their heirs and their heirs, etc.) to be forced to pay for oil & gas industry’s rape & pillage & pollution of Alberta.
Alberta gov’t is an aquifer-raping, citizen abusing, rights violating, health and education decimating, pension stealing, pathetic cowardly filthy selfish lazy greedy largely American Republican mongrel, with AER the quasi-judicial oil patch pollution and billions of dollars in profits raping enabler.
Will Albertans ever learn? Canada’s biggest oil producers, including Cenovus, hoarding near-record pile of cash
Alberta premier ...
- ‘Compendium of Scientific, Medical, and Media Findings Demonstrating Risks and Harms of Fracking (Unconventional Gas and Oil Extraction) Sixth Edition June 2019’ translated into Spanish
Compendio de hallazgos científicos, médicos y de medios de comunicación que demuestran los riesgos y daños del fracking, 6a. Edición
Date of Publication Dicembre, 2019Licence Public Domain
PDF of Compendium 6 in ...
- World cracked open: When frac’ing came to town. Featuring Texas Sharon (Wilson)
Deep in the north country of Texas, Sharon Wilson — a fifth-generation Texan — and her son used to take her 1996 Chevy truck and drive into the pasture on clear nights. Out there, lying in the bed of her gold pickup truck, snacks in hand, they could see a million stars. That was before ...
- “[Joshua Sealy-Harrington] deconstructing Jordan Peterson’s latest, also dropping knowledge on intersectionality and hierarchy.” … “Brilliant how @joshuasealy eviscerates him. Can we now all finally recognize what a hack @jordenpeterson is please?” … “Not retweeting the original shite article by charlatan of an academic because it’s racist garbage and click bait anyhow.”
As I read this work by Joshua Sealy-Harrington, I could not stop thinking of the phenomenal harm done to humanity by racist, misogynistic authorities: judges, lawyers, church/school/university leaders, academics and police.
Joshua Sealy-Harrington @JoshuaSealy:
I’m over this brand of intersectionality “critique” that fails to engage with #CRT while claiming to dunk on it. So, a responding to @jordanbpeterson’s ...
- Sending your child to school to get cancer? Colorado State air monitoring finds elevated benzene, exceeding federal short-term health guideline, at Greeley School, near Extraction Oil & Gas frac site
Benzene Exposure Near the US Permissible Limit Is Associated With Sperm Aneuploidy
U.S.Centers for Disease Control Preliminary Study: Finds dangerous levels of benzene in frac workers’ urine; Imagine the urine of children living beside frac’ing
Federal judge excuses Shell’s pollution of Illinois town’s groundwater with carcinogen benzene 26,000 times greater than allowed by state law
Garfield County commissioners, ...
- USGS reports 5 earthquakes, including three of 3.6M, strike Oklahoma, felt 247 miles away in Texas and 168 miles away in Kansas, a week after Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals rules New Dominion LLC must face class-action lawsuit filed by Prague earthquake victims
5 earthquakes, including 3 of magnitude 3.6, strike Oklahoma by Associated Press, Nov 23, 2019, koco.com
The 3.6 magnitude quake from Thursday night was reportedly felt in Newton, Kansas, 168 miles to the north, and in Mineral Wells, Texas, 247 miles to the south.
… Thousands of Oklahoma earthquakes in recent years have been linked to underground ...
- In 3-0 decision, Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals rules New Dominion LLC must face class-action lawsuit filed by Prague earthquake victims
Tulsa-based oil and gas company fails to avoid class-action status in lawsuit filed by Prague earthquake victims by Corey Jones, Nov 16, 2019, Tulsaworld
A state appeals panel on Friday affirmed a lower court’s decision to certify a class-action lawsuit against oil and gas companies for victims of the Prague earthquakes from eight years ago.
Jennifer Cooper ...
- Alberta Minister of Red Tape Reduction, Grant Hunter, proclaims UCP to give itself ‘a giant enema.’ Excellent news! UCP is full of shit and needs a good clean out.
This is a great hilarious read about likely the shittiest government to ever hit Alberta.
UCP TO GIVE ALBERTA GOVERNMENT ‘A GIANT ENEMA,’ MINISTER OF ‘RED TAPE REDUCTION’ PROCLAIMS by David Climenhaga, Nov 22, 2019, Alberta Politics
Grant Hunter, associate minister in charge of Alberta’s ministry of “red tape reduction,” got up on his hind legs in ...
- Ewing sarcoma families synergized? Pennsylvania to spend two years and $4M to study possible link between fracking and spike in childhood cancers and other health harms: “We came in with a united goal…and it wasn’t to ban fracking. We want an investigation….” while the frac fumes, chemical spills, waste pits, leaching of radioactive waste into waterways, and drinking water contamination cases escalate unimpeded, frac chemicals remain undisclosed, even to physicians, and children die.
Where is the money coming from? Any “donations” by industry?
Ewings sarcoma: Frac’ing vs Public Health. Are oil & gas industry-funded health studies trustworthy?
New Colorado Frac Study showing health harms. If frac’ing causes short-term health harm via toxic chemicals, and harmed people continue living frac’d and poisoned by venting, flaring, leaking facilities, wells, uncleaned ...
- 20 Days later, Devon blowout still burning in Texas; Families demanding answers about what harmful chemicals they are being exposed to and if “it’s safe to continue living in this area”
Air Quality Concerns Persist in Small Texas Town Following Explosion by Annette Garcia, Nov 22, 2019, spectrumlocalnews.com
Nordheim, Texas — Some families living in a rural area southeast of San Antonio are demanding answers. Margaret Vargas, a resident of the DeWitt County town of Nordheim, Texas, wants to know if they’ve been exposed to harmful chemicals following ...
- Alberta oil patch corporate welfare escalates: County of Barrhead writes off more than $2 million in taxes and penalties accumulated by three companies, Sequoia Resources Corp, Trident Exploration (WX) Corp and Trident Exploration (Alberta), in two short greedy years.
And more evidence proving oil and gas companies must provide ample advance funds to be held in trust and used to pay bills and clean up when companies refuse to or dance happily into responsibility avoiding court-enabled bankruptcies, before being granted approvals or licencing, via AER or any other authority like municipal councils.
County of Barrhead ...
- Auditor General David Wilke nicely slaps AER and Alberta Environment (oil & gas industry’s lapdogs) for some Hanky Panky but who will investigate decades of the “regulators” covering-up endless crimes and public health harming pollution by oil and gas companies? And when?
Financial issues continue in AER, environment ministry: auditor general, Financial reporting problems, improper expenses and mismanagement issues at the Alberta Energy Regulator extended beyond a problematic pet project of the regulator’s former CEO, the auditor general says by Janet French and Moira Wyton, November 21, 2019, Calgary Herald
Financial reporting problems, improper expenses and mismanagement issues ...
- Pennsylvania escalating youth cancers in frac fields, Excellent response to Marcellus Shale Coalition’s latest propaganda: “We get it Mr. Spigelmyer, your job is to sell fracking…. We know the facts on the carcinogens your industry produces as do you, the endocrine disrupting chemicals it hides, and all the gagged litigants who held the smoking guns.”
One of the comments (more realistic than the lobby group’s letter included below):
We get it Mr. Spigelmyer, your job is to sell fracking, which is not unlike being a snake oil salesman, in so many ways. If you are so interested in health science around fracking, why weren’t you at the “Shale and Public ...
- California temporarily bans new frac’ing and high-pressure steam injection. How many companies will attack the ban with lawsuits & threaten to leave town like cry baby Encana?
One day after Chevron announced it had finished cleaning up months-long, nearly 1.4 million-gallon leak in Cymric Oil field, another leak started with a second larger one appearing the next day spilling about 84,0000 gallons of oily fluid into a stream bed. Chevron appeals California State’s $2.7M fine
California: Chevron’s steam injection disaster, oil & wastewater ...
- Down down down they blow! Fracking sector spills more red ink in Q3, Cash flow from E&P companies disappoints debt, equity investors ‒ again
“Effectively, the shale boom is over.” Colorado’s 8 largest public oil & gas producers spent $27 Billion more than they made in past 5 years. Is that why Alberta gov’t wants our pensions? To feed the bleed via AIMCo?
Kenney stealing $16.6 Billion from Alberta teachers to give yet more corporate welfare to polluting oil & ...
- Ovindictive Ovintiv! Investors not happy with your scardy cat run to the USA. Canadian investment firm Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc. (manages about $27 Billion in assets), publicly slams Encana’s plan to flee Canada, says it’s “highly discriminatory” against Canadian investors.
“You cannot pick up a turd by the clean end.”
Letko Brosseau Intends to Vote AGAINST Encana’s Proposed Exit from Canada Press Release by Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc., Nov 17, 2019
Montreal, Quebec, November 17, 2019 – Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc. (“Letko Brosseau”), which exercises control or direction over approximately 4.0% of the outstanding ...
- Hanky Panky hits anti-Alberta Inquiry Commissioner Steve Allen: Why give $905K (more than 1/3 the entire budget) to Dentons Canada, law firm where Allen’s son is partner, Steve Harper works and Alberta Justice Minister Schweitzer was partner. Why such expensive advice to catch some witches flying on brooms made with a few foreign parts?
Inquiry Commissioner Steve Allan donated to justice minister’s (Doug Schweitzer) leadership campaign by Charles Rusnell and Jennie Russell, Nov 15, 2019, CBC News
The commissioner for Alberta’s public inquiry into alleged foreign-funded attacks on the oil industry made a $1,000 donation to the United Conservative Party leadership campaign of Alberta Justice Minister Doug Schweitzer.
The $1,000 cash ...
- Gwyn Morgan whines over the top? Blames Canada for Encana slinking off with Ovarytits (aka Ovintiv) to the USA. Why does Morgan live here if he hates it so much? Too many $Millions in freebies?
A new drug in town: “In an unprecedented burst of honesty, Encana renames itself Ovindictive!”
“You cannot pick up a turd by the clean end.”
“Canada” becoming a dirty word or has “Encana” been a dirty word for years? Name change to Ovintiv brings investors 9.3% drop, biggest drop in a year. Erectile Dysfunction?
Encana fleeing Canada in ...
- Shaun Fluker: Procedural Fairness and the Alberta Inquiry into Anti-Alberta Energy Campaigns. Since when has anything oil and gas related been “fair” except to companies profiting and bankrupting themselves to escape clean up, and politicians and regulators enabling them?
Why no Official Inquiries into companies, gov’t and regulators covering-up industry frac’ing the caprock to hell; illegally frac’ing aquifers; lying to harmed communities and families; contaminating drinking water supplies; polluting air, land and food; and harming public health?
2019 10 29 Tweet below from https://twitter.com/Garossino
The Valley Guy Replying to @Garossino
You mean the same CRA that ...
- Muttart Foundation letter to UCP’s Witch Hunt Chief Steve Allen says inquiry is “polarizing, undemocratic and unfounded.” Privacy and legal experts question Kenney War Room’s FOIP exemption, raise privacy concerns
BC’s Drilling and Fracking Credits a $1.2 Billion Subsidy in Recent Years, Researcher Finds by Andrew MacLeod, 13 Nov 2019, The Tyee
How many $billions in credits in Alberta?
B.C. government says millions in subsidies necessary to prevent fracking industry from packing up natural gas deposits and leaving by Mary Gillis, Aug 15, 2019, SATIRE by The ...
- Gotta love Albertans courageous enough to think for themselves, publicly speak the truth about UCP and Premier Jason Kenney (a cruel greedy power-hungry weak little person)
Non-stop rhetoric from UCP by Scott Schmidt, Nov 16, 2019, Medicine Hat News
Equalization referendums, Canada pension threats, separation, national unity, fair deals, booting the RCMP, war rooms, panels galore, inquiries galore, fights with Trudeau, fights with B.C., fights with Texas, fights with environmental groups, fights with Quebec, fights with the Bloc Quebecois and fights ...
- Colorado: Another *recently* capped energy well leaking in a community. “Who wants one of those in their neighborhood?”
Danger Below? New Properties Hide Abandoned Oil And Gas Wells
Heavily frac’d Colorado seeing earthquakes where they’ve never happened before. “Big booms, roars and shaking homes.”
Louisiana Desoto Parish, Frac’ing Haynesville Shale Problems: Gas eruptions; methane, ethane and benzene in aquifer and drinking water
- Pennsylvania Attorney General Shapiro: Residents “have a state constitutional right to clean air and pure water.” Frac’d residents with flaming methane contaminated water too?
Shapiro declines to confirm a grand jury investigation into natural gas industry by Brad Hundt, Nov 14, 2019, Observer-Reporter
Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro refused to comment this week on whether his office is conducting a criminal investigation of the natural gas industry and its activities in Washington County and elsewhere.
“I can neither confirm nor deny ...
- Devon Energy Blowout Day 13: Air monitors 30 miles away continue to show spikes in harmful pollution, residents worry about their safety and harm to livestock
Devon Energy one step away from capping blowout in DeWitt County by Sergio Chapa, Nov. 12, 2019, Houston Chronicle
Oklahoma exploration and production Devon Energy is one step away from capping a blowout at a natural gas well that has prompted authorities to seal off thousands of acres of land near the Eagle Ford Shale towns ...
- Frac’ing is its own roadkill; Range Resources bites dust in Houston, lays off 50 workers
Range Resources Closes Houston Office, Lays Off Staff by Valerie Jones, November 13, 2019, Rigzone
U.S. natural gas producer Range Resources Corporation will be closing its Houston office, resulting in the layoffs of 50 Houston employees, a company spokesperson confirmed to Rigzone Wednesday.
“Over the last several years, persistent low commodity prices have challenged the energy ...
- Wise & courageous Lacombe County! Votes 6-1 to reject funding request from Synergy Alberta group that works to benefit the oil and gas industry while being deleterious to rural residents.
The Lacombe County ...
- Unlawful arrest near Houston of Unist’ot’en guest: “Today the RCMP have arrested the person complying with the injunction and not those breaking it.” Meanwhile, 800-900 man camp, to last 3-4 years, approved in residential area on Wet’suwet’en territory south of Houston, by Board of Regional District of Buckley-Nechako (previously denied, partly because of TC Energy’s lousy communication with the public)
Child-sex tourism continues to rise in Canada and abroad: two year study. “In Canada, indigenous women and children are especially vulnerable and are often moved around to be exploited near oil rigs”
Study: Counties with fracking have increased rates of sexually transmitted infections; Another study shows link between B.C. extraction industries, domestic abuse
From: Rosemary & John ...
- Encana’s Vexatious Sour Gas Frack Flaring near Grand Prairie, Alberta; After clip posted, Encana pulls a scrubby dubby.
2019 10 28: The Silent Killer Strikes Again: Texas oilfield worker killed after exposure to sour gas at Aghorn Energy site in Odessa, Wife (mother of 3) dies checking on him, Two children exposed but survived. Lawsuit filed.
2017 Ontario: In Norfolk, leaking abandoned industry *sour* gas wells forces exclusion zone for vehicles, vessels, and ...
- The Silent Killer Strikes Again: Texas oilfield worker killed after exposure to H₂S (sour) gas at Aghorn Energy site in Odessa, Wife (mother of 3) dies checking on him, Two children exposed but survived. Lawsuit filed.
Encana’s Vexatious Sour Gas Frack Flaring near Grand Prairie, Alberta; After clip made public, Encana scrubs its Emergency Response Plan from the internet
SPECIAL REPORT: Sour gas from oil wells a deadly problem in southeast Saskatchewan, Human and animal deaths linked to hydrogen sulphide emissions
Lawsuit filed against Aghorn Oil & Gas 4 days after H2S gas ...
- UCP Filthy Lucre Lust: Hands off our CPP! We don’t want AIMCo rendering our pensions into “a pork barrel to convert into welfare payments for fossil fuel billionaires.”
“Effectively, the shale boom is over.” Colorado’s 8 largest public oil & gas producers spent $27 Billion more than they made in past 5 years. Is that why Alberta gov’t wants our pensions? To feed the bleed via AIMCo?
Look Out Alberta Teachers! Over $19 Billion in retirement savings for teachers, state troopers and public workers ...
- “Effectively, the shale boom is over.” Colorado’s 8 largest public oil & gas producers spent $27 Billion more than they made in past 5 years. Is that why Alberta gov’t wants our pensions? To feed the bleed via AIMCo?
Fracked Financials by Bob Donnan, Nov 11, 2019, Bob’s Blog
Low natural gas prices continue to cause layoffs and bankruptcies, with no short term end in sight. We’re also aware that most of the “sweet spots” in the Marcellus Shale have already been drilled out, so future production will be worse than past returns. We also ...
- Fire Rescue: “I heard people talk about new technology to suck carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere. There’s this incredible technology that’s been around for millions of years. It’s called trees, but we just keep clearing….” How many trees does our legal system needlessly kill, daily, just to keep it innaccessible?
Must listen: 7:13 Min.
Yes this is climate change by On Breakfast with Fiona Poole, Sept. 9, 2019, ABC.net.au
Climate Councillor and former NSW Fire and Rescue Commisioner, Greg Mullins is spooked.
He says the start to the 2019 bushfire season is the worst he has ever seen and it can not be ignored.
With more than 50 fires ...
- Scared of UK’s frac ban? USA Senator Pat Toomey introduces a bill to ban a president from banning frac’ing.
Definition of ban from Cambridge Dictionary: “to say officially that something is not allowed, or that someone is not allowed to do something.”
US Senator – NO Fracking Ban! by Bob Donnan, Nov 9, 2019, Bob’s Blog
Pat ‘Drill Baby Drill’ Toomey, the Republican Senator from Pennsylvania, is spearheading a resolution aimed at keeping future presidents from banning ...