- Brilliant comment by Dennis Brady on Kenney’s review of AER: “Is ‘Alberta Energy Regulator’ the new tarmonger euphemism for ‘oil lobbyist’?”
Read about Neil McCrank and his EUB/ERCB/AER Brotherhood first:
Who needs ICORE! EUB trained deregulation – for free. It was the “Brotherhood of regulators,” says ex-EUB Chair Neil McCrank, who enabled the Caroline Cover-up and Encana illegally frac’ing Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers, with the “regulator” abusing it’s power, punishing Ernst instead of the company; was ...
- Kenney’s $2.5 Million “Public Inquiry” Witch Hunt has paid law firm Dentons Canada $905,000 so far! Is Steve Allen’s job to steal from Alberta taxpayers to give to lawyers in exchange for Kenney favours? What a toxic circus Alberta govt is.
Comment in from a citizen in BC:
Wow, thanks to the KKKenney “public inquiry ‘into the anti-Alberta energy campaigns that are supported by foreign organizations’” I now realize why I’m so opposed to oil and gas extraction! It must be because I’m only a first-generation Canadian on both sides, and the evil influence of foreign ...
- “Freedom of Information?” Saskatchewan govt, after disrespecting Privacy Commissioner and wasting much of Regina prof Patricia Elliot’s time and money, finally releases 4,300 pages relating to Husky’s bitumen & secret chemical additives spill into North Saskatchewan River in 2016
One of the comments:
Helmer JoanneThank goodness there are still people with the integrity and the resources to try to get basic background information about what this government is doing. It pretends to be open and transparent. It’s about as transparent as a piece of tin foil.
Regina prof finally granted Husky oil spill-related documents, “I am ...
- Magnificent article by Andrew Nikiforuk: UK Ban Adds to the Tremors Taking Down the Fracking Industry
Because many are arguing that the UK frac ban is not a ban, only a moratorium, I added the definition of “ban” and snap below from Cambridge Dictionary:
“to say officially that something is not allowed, or that someone is not allowed to do something”
UK Ban Adds to the Tremors Taking Down the Fracking Industry, How ...
- A new drug in town: “In an unprecedented burst of honesty, Encana renames itself Ovindictive!”
This post will be a running collection of input relating to Encana’s latest attempt to save itself by running away to the USA and name change to Ovintiv Inc.
Albertan: “Nothing like settling things down … like these last few drops of clean water!”
(OVALTV ad sent with the comment)
Albertan: “A new drug in town? Can you ...
- UPDATED: Chesapeake Energy stock drops 47% in past two days! CHK drowning in $10 billion of debt, nearly five times more than the company’s entire market value.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation Teams Up With Bankrupt GasFrac (Calgary) To Test Gelled (with what toxic chemicals?) LNG (Highly Dangerous) Fracking in Ohio
Kenney stealing $16.6 Billion from Alberta teachers to give yet more corporate welfare to polluting oil & gas & frac bankrupters via AIMCo? Includes revealing comments by Diana Daunheimer.
Chesapeake Stock Tumbled — and That’s ...
- UK: The power of “NO!” And more blows: ruling that frac’ing will not be categorised as “nationally significant infrastructure” with 800 councilors voting against weakening frac permissions to make them same as for garden sheds
2014 05 04: The Power of NO! HUGE VICTORY BY THE PEOPLE, BUSINESSES, COMMUNITY AND CITY OF LETHBRIDGE Alberta: Goldenkey withdraws from Penny Project
Fracking is finished in the UK – thanks to the power of public protest, Creativity, solidarity and determination have stopped the government-backed ‘dash for gas’ in its tracks by Anna Vickerstaff, 5 ...
- Another oil company punts workers, scurries away under AER’s armpits and our courts. Houston Oil & Gas, Calgary-based, put into receivership, leaves 1,300 wells, 41 facilities, 251 pipelines to be cleaned up by Santa Claus at cost of over $81.5M (Take the money from Kenny’s $30M War Room and Steve Allen’s $2.5M Witch Hunt, etc)
How many piddly millions in Alberta’s Orphan-Well-Get-Out-of-Jail-Free Club?
Kenney stealing $16.6 Billion from Alberta teachers to give yet more corporate welfare to polluting oil & gas & frac bankrupters via AIMCo?
Kenney’s $4.5 billion in corporate tax cuts obviously not enough to feed the greed.
BNN Interviews Alberta Oil Patch Consultant Brent Nimeck on Lexin and AER’s Orphan ...
- Look Out Alberta Teachers! Over $19 Billion in retirement savings for teachers, state troopers and public workers lost over last decade by California & Colorado state pension funds investing in fossil fuels.
Kenney stealing $16.6 Billion from Alberta teachers to give yet more corporate welfare to polluting oil & gas & frac bankrupters via AIMCo? Includes revealing comments by Diana Daunheimer
Malcolm Mayes cartoon in Edmonton Journal, Nov 2019
Shale Slaughter Continues; Wall Street turned off the tap on credit for drillers
World’s Biggest Fund Manager, BlackRock, lost $90 Billion ...
- Shale gas frac’ing wasted ‘millions of taxpayers’ cash’, say scientists; Frac quakes force Tory Gov’t to Ban Frac’ing. Fracking Free Ireland Welcomes the Ban in Press Release to all TDs & MPs while industry spins itself silly
Actually we are a vulgar, pushing mob whose passions are easily mobilized by demagogues, newspaper men, religious quacks, agitators and such like. To call this a society of free peoples is blasphemous. What have we to offer the world besides the superabundant loot which we recklessly plunder from the earth under ...
- Media report: 8,000 acres evacuated/roads shut near Yorkton, South Texas because of Devon Energy’s Natural Gas & Condensate Blowout. Raging Three Days. Record high levels of benzene, 8 ppb, on state air monitor, Karnes City, 30 miles away.
Nov. 5, 2019: Three days into the blowout, media reports!
Thousands of acres sealed off following blowout at Eagle Ford Shale well by Sergio Chapa, November 5, 2019, chron.com
The rural area northewest of the DeWitt County towns of Yorktown and Nordheim are home to hundreds of oil and natural gas wells.
Thousands of acres of land remain ...
- Kenney stealing $16.6 Billion from Alberta teachers to give yet more corporate welfare to polluting oil & gas & frac bankrupters via AIMCo? Includes revealing comments by Diana Daunheimer.
Shale Slaughter Continues; Wall Street turned off the tap on credit for drillers
Where did all those promises of endless frac riches & jobs go? Two of Canada’s biggest frac companies report double-digit percentage revenue declines: Calgary-based Trican (36 per cent fall) and Calfrac (21 per cent fall)
U.S. Shale Is Doomed No Matter What ...
- Shale Slaughter Continues; Wall Street turned off the tap on credit for drillers
No wonder the slaughter continues, 1:12 Min Nov 4, 2019 by Cineplex Rex:
Beyond all the shale gas spin it is clear to see how fast gas production drops from Marcellus Shale wells when you look at the actual production reports.
U.S. Shale Braces For Brutal Earnings Season by Nick Cunningham, Oct 28, 2019, Oilprice.com
… Some of ...
- UK: Unbelievable! Tory Gov’t bans frac’ing! In Canada, when frac harms ramp up and industry demands deregulation, regulators deregulate. UK decision taken after new scientific study warns it’s not possible to rule out “unacceptable” consequences for those living near frac sites
Some argue this is a moratorium, not a ban. I’ve learned it does not matter what it’s called when gov’ts say frac’ing is not allowed, e.g. stopping or blocking frac’ing, even if it’s just to get votes (which is what politicians do).
A legislated ban can be lifted or repealed by the same gov’t or ...
- “Canada” becoming a dirty word or has “Encana” been a dirty word for years? Name change to Ovintiv brings investors 9.3% drop, biggest drop in a year. Erectile Dysfunction?
Encana doesn’t even have the corporate courage or stamina to heed Alberta’s Rules of Court. The fleeing company still has not released all relevant documents to Ernst for her lawsuit, as ordered by Court of Queen’s Bench Chief Justice Neil C. Wittmann in July 2014.
‘Canada’ is becoming a dirty word in the oil patch by ...
- Synergy strikes again! The Cynthia and George Mitchell Foundation, with $300 Million in assets, wants frac’ing to be more regulated and less polluting. Multi-Millionaires can dream.
Fracking pioneer’s charity challenges industry orthodoxy by James Osborne James Osborne, Oct. 31, 2019, Houston Chronicle
WASHINGTON – Four years ago, a group of oil and gas executives and environmental experts, assembled by the Cynthia and George Mitchell Foundation, prepared to publish a report calling on Texas regulators to adopt rules to reduce the risk of ...
- Encana fleeing Canada in Scheer desperation? Shares drop 9.2%! Illegal aquifer-frac’er, caprock buster, poisoning bully of families and briber/divider of communities running to USA, changing its spots to Ovintiv Inc. Erectile Dysfunction drug or cross between Ovaltine in vintage container and a vagina?
Accompanying music to Encana’s news & name change: Fox On The Run by Sweet:
I don’t wanna know your name‘Cause you don’t look the sameThe way you did before …
Fox on the runYou scream and everybody comes a runningTake a run and hide yourself awayFoxy on the runF-foxyFox on the runAnd hide away …
Looks like ...
- Nature: Canadian scientists relieved as Trudeau ekes out election win, Progressive parties’ showing bodes well for action on climate policies and science funding, researchers say
Canadian scientists relieved as Trudeau ekes out election win, Progressive parties’ showing bodes well for action on climate policies and science funding, researchers say by Brian Owens, Oct 22, 2019, Nature 574, 606 (2019), doi: 10.1038/d41586-019-03208-w
Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau won a second term on 21 October, but his Liberal Party lost its majority ...
- Happy Hallowe’en to you and yours, from the back door to Steve Allen’s War Room Inquiry in Alberta!
For details on Mr. Allen’s inquiry:
CAPP/Kenney’s Snitch Submission Email for $2.5 Million “McCarthy style witch hunt” of courageous concerned citizens, to help polluting, job-decimating, billion $ profit-taking, largely foreign-owned multinationals. The Inquiry lies, says not linked to Kenney’s war room even though inquiry is reportedly paid for out of war room’s budget! Inquiry Commissioner Steve ...
- UK: “Victory for Communities & Common Sense.” PM Boris Johnson hints at frac ban; Previously had urged UK to “leave no stone unturned, or unfracked.” UK Oil and Gas Authority to report this week on links between frac’ing and earthquakes.
Boris Johnson poised to rule out new fracking, say sources, Decision would mark U-turn for PM, who once said fracking was ‘glorious news for humanity’ by Jillian Ambrose, Oct 31, 2019, The Guardian
The prime minister could be poised to sound the death knell for the UK’s controversial shale gas industry after more than a decade ...
- Ewings sarcoma: Frac’ing vs Public Health. Are oil & gas industry-funded health studies trustworthy?
How one industry greases the squeaky wheel of corruption around the world by Glenn Altschuler, Oct 13, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
… In “Blowout: Corrupted Democracy, Rogue State Russia, and the Richest, Most Destructive Industry on Earth,” Rachel Maddow, news-and-commentary anchor on MSNBC, author of “Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power,” and holder of a doctorate ...
- Nikiforuk: New report by BC regulator admits frac quake risk is high with formations “in a near critical state, meaning only small fluid pressure increases are sufficient to cause specific sets of fractures and faults to become critically stressed.” Researchers still can’t say where or why; Public complaints surging as frac quakes escalate. Have you read the small print of your home insurance policy?
BC Tap Water Alliance Press Release: Attribution Science Proves Now is the Time for Canadians to Step Up and Sue the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers and the Alberta Energy Regulator for Cumulative Fraud
Excellent comment to Nikiforuk’s article!
“A major review of fracking commissioned by the B.C. government found similar issues in its report released earlier ...
- $147M to be cut in fees industry pays to AER. In addition to the $103M Kenney already cut from money industry pays AER?
AER too corrupt to stay alive? Slithering down fracs to meet Glenn Solomon (AER’s outside counsel) in Hell with $100M in budget cuts? Or, just another Kenney/AER/CAPP scam to take more money from Alberta taxpayers?
Job losses and $147M drop in industry levy to hit AER by Chris Varcoe, Oct 25, 2019, Calgary Herald
A $500,000 review ...
- BC Tap Water Alliance Press Release: Attribution Science Proves Now is the Time for Canadians to Step Up and Sue the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers and the Alberta Energy Regulator for Cumulative Fraud
BC Tap Water Alliance Media Release, October 28, 2019 (www.bctwa.org)
Attribution Science Proves Now is the Time for Canadians to Step Up
and Sue the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers and
the Alberta Energy Regulator for Cumulative Fraud
Vancouver: “Attribution Science,” an important new branch of academic learning, attributes the blame for most of the world’s atmospheric pollution directly ...
- The reason for Jason Kenney’s $30 Million Gift-to-Industry War Room – Vivian Krause – dropped as keynote speaker at Banff business communications conference
Excellent Must Read by Law Prof Martin Olszynski: Everything You Wish You Didn’t Need to Know About the Alberta Inquiry into Anti-Alberta Energy Campaigns Oct 17, 2019, ablawg.ca
Debunked: Vivian Krause’s Tar Sands Campaign conspiracy narrative by Markham Hislop, May 14, 2019, energi.medi
A data-based dismantling of Jason Kenney’s foreign-funding conspiracy theory by Sandy Garossino, October 3rd ...
- Radioactive frac waste piling higher and higher; Groundwater used by families showing significant increases in radium. Montana regulator, DEQ, trying to increase radiation limit for frac waste up four times, four times more than allowed in any other state.
“What will they do with all the frac waste?” people asked Ernst on her speaking tours.”They will make us eat and drink it,” Ernst replied. (And later we find out: drive, walk, run, bike on it)
Radioactive fracking waste could end up in Missoula landfill by Laura Lundquist, Oct 26, 2019, KPAX.com
MISSOULA — The state of ...
- Stanford study casts doubt on carbon capture. Carbon capture technologies can cause more harm than good and increase air pollution!
And what of the groundwater contamination?
Standford study casts doubt on carbon capture. Current approaches to carbon capture can increase air pollution and are not efficient at reducing carbon in the atmosphere, according to research from Mark Z. Jacobson by Taylor Kubota, Oct 25, 2019, news.standford.edu
One proposed method for reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) levels in the ...
- Kenney warns Albertans to brace for major cuts while giving massive tax cuts to rich corporations. CitizenWhoPaysTaxes: “Mom… how come we can’t have any nice things? Shut up son and wave to the nice Mr Kenney.”
Refresher on the nice Mr. Kenney:
Premier Jason Kenney gives oil & gas industry $30 million gift from taxpayers to attack concerned citizens courageous enough to speak out
The orchestrated fraud & corporate welfare stench grows! Alberta municipalities abused by Petro-Pussy Premier Jason Kenney (Steve Harper/Koch Bros spawn?) to feed industry’s insatiable greed “now own what they ...
- 2025 Manifesto: Alberta’s separation from Canada
- Is AER making those who “leave” sign gag orders with payouts to keep secret the dirty goings on at the “Brotherhood” and Orphan Well Get-Out-of-Jail-Free Club? Nicely enabled by Alberta gov’t pretending to “clean” house while ramping up deregulation for industry to pollute and harm more?
e.g. Hanky Panky Ellis & the ICORE Gang;
CAPP creator/President, ex-Encana VP, first AER Chair Gerri Protti;
recently let go Chair & Directors;
three executives sent packing today, including Ex-Encana manager Mark Taylor;
non-health professional Monique Dubé who published lies about frac-harmed citizens and violated their privacy rights in AER “health” assessment;
EUB Chair Neil ...
- Where did AER’s Executive VP Mark Taylor go? He was Encana manager when the company illegally frac’d Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers, then lied about it to 200 concerned community members, promising Encana would only frac far below fresh water zones (same lie touted by frac’ers everywhere), after area water wells had already gone bad, and were being investigated by – of course – the criminal, with regulator and govt blessings.
Encana still has not disclosed to Ernst, in document exchange ordered by Justice Neil C. Wittmann in July 2014, the chemical additives injected directly into the aquifers that supply her well and community, and in the fresh water zones on hundreds of shallow gas wells nearby.
Did Mark Taylor direct Ryan Bartlett to lie, or write ...
- England: National Audit Office releases report on shale gas, estimates £32.7m (~ €38m; $55.5m) spent by public bodies since 2011 with frac’ing going nowhere but quaking & shaking; damaging wellbores & hundreds of homes; leaving landowners “liable for decommissioning costs of shale gas wells should an operator be unable to fund them” with the regulator unable to “explain what would happen should a landowner be unable to meet decommissioning costs.”
It’s shameful that Canada and her provinces are too cowardly to have such a courageous integral office investigating frac’ing. All Canada got, was pro frac’ing (publicly proclaimed) Dr. John Cherry and his feeble, fraudulent, avoid the obvious and the damning data/published studies review and report by the Council of Canadian Academies, and the damning review ...
- In Texas, energy companies cut nearly 6,000 jobs over past four months. In western Canada, Husky cutting hundreds of jobs, most cuts in Calgary. Kenney’s $4.5 billion in corporate tax cuts obviously not enough to feed the greed.
Husky Energy reports $328M first quarter profit, up from $249M a year ago by The Canadian Press, April 26, 2019
Shale Slump: Oil field service sector braces for more pain by Sergio Chapa, Oct. 21, 2019, Houston Chronicle
The Houston oil field services company Halliburton is bracing for a prolonged slump in demand for hydraulic fracturing services ...
- Trump administration sued for failing to release Gulf of Mexico frac records. Administration quietly issued more than 1,700 waivers of offshore drilling safety rules adopted after deadly 2010 BP Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill.
Trump Administration Sued for Failing to Release Gulf of Mexico Fracking Records Press Release by Biological Diversity, Oct 22, 2019
NEW ORLEANS— The Center for Biological Diversity sued the Trump administration today for failing to release public documents revealing the extent and risks of fracking of offshore oil and gas wells ...
- Lawsuits in USA testing “attribution science.” Researchers can link weather events to emissions and companies responsible. “This body of literature…tells us that dangerous climate change is upon us, and people are suffering and dying…and it’s going to get worse.” For any potential uncertainty about climate attribution, there’s at least one truth that should override the rest: Fossil fuel companies “were aware decades ago what trouble climate change would be.”
The new science fossil fuel companies fear, Researchers can now link weather events to emissions – and to the companies responsible. A string of lawsuits is about to give “attribution science” a real-life test by Zack Colman, Oct 22, 2019, Politco.com
Richard Heede spent a decade digging through “disheveled, dusty” tomes in libraries around the world ...
- Holy Frac-a-Leaky-Moly! New study in BC. Atmospheric pressure can dramatically affect how much industry’s leaking natural gas might escape from subsurface into atmosphere. “Decreases in barometric-pressure led to surface gas breakthroughs (more than 20-fold increase in less than 24 hrs), even in the presence of low-permeability surficial soils.”
Atmospheric pressure affects fugitive emissions, New study underscores need for continuous monitoring of fugitive methane emissions by Nelson Bennett, Oct 18, 2019, biv.com
A new study that demonstrates atmospheric pressure can increase or decrease methane emissions from leaky oil and gas wells underscores the need for better monitoring and measuring in B.C.’s natural gas fields.
Researchers from ...
- McKittrick, California: One day after Chevron announced it had finished cleaning up months-long, nearly 1.4 million-gallon leak in Cymric Oil field, another leak started with a second larger one appearing the next day spilling about 84,0000 gallons of oily fluid into a stream bed. Chevron appeals state’s $2.7M fine
New oil leaks surface at Chevron operation near McKittrick by John Cox, Oct 17, 2019, Bakersfield.com
A pair of oil leaks that opened up last weekend near McKittrick are the latest indications of the challenges facing Chevron as it works to come into compliance with recent state rules prohibiting uncontrolled releases of crude and water known ...
- Watch out Canada! Standing united, Australian newspapers black out front pages to fight against increasing govt secrecy laws, penalizing whistle blowers and criminalizing journalism. “The truth is, those in power don’t want the public to know what they’re up to and are shutting down transparency and accountability to serve their own interests”
Australian newspapers black out front pages to fight back against secrecy laws, United campaign by media companies highlights government moves to penalise whistleblowing and criminalise journalism by Calla Wahlquist, Oct 20, 2019, The Guardian.com
The front pages of Australian daily newspapers on Monday replicated a heavily redacted government document as part of a united campaign to ...
- Insurance Journal Officials: Nearly Half of all Texas Traffic Deaths Occur in Energy-Producing Areas. In 2018, 1,673 people died and more than 6,000 seriously injured in crashes in Barnett Shale, Eagle Ford Shale, Granite Wash, Haynesville/Bossier Shale and Permian Basin
Officials: Nearly Half of all Texas Traffic Deaths Occur in Energy-Producing Areas by Insurance Journal, October 18, 2019
Texas continues to lead the nation in oil and gas production, creating jobs and prosperity statewide, but communities in the state’s main energy production areas have also seen a rise in deaths on the road accounting for close ...
- U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board first to confirm 5,239 pounds of **toxic hydrofluoric acid** was released in Philadelphia Energy Solutions June 21 explosion, when *health* authorities proclaimed the blast air safe to breath
Philly refinery blast released 5,000 pounds of deadly chemical, federal investigators say, Aging, thin pipe likely cause of fire by Andrew Maykuth, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Oct 16, 2019, in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Philadelphia dodged several potential catastrophes during a dramatic June 21 refinery blast, which released about 5,239 pounds of deadly chemical and launched pieces ...
- Greta makes history in Edmonton Alberta leading thousands; “War Room” Premier Jason Kenney runs away, showing the world his true colours. “Those pigtails are pretty intimidating.” 10,000 – 12,000 citizens rally at the legislature, drowning out 30 pro-oil honking driving UnitedWeRollers
Bravo Alberta! I didn’t know you had it in you.
A few tweets about the event:
Jason J. Mudry @JasonJMudry
This kid is excited to be rolling out of Red Deer early tomorrow to support @GretaThunberg. We’re also picking up her Nana on the way. So young and old, that’s three generations of Albertans who ...
- Colorado regulators confirm oil & gas health impacts
Colorado regulators confirm oil & gas health impacts Press Release by Earthworks Oct 17, 2019
Earthworks calls for CO to pause oil and gas permits threatening homes, schools and public areas.
Statement of Earthworks’ Energy Program Director Bruce Baizel on health study released by the Colorado Department of Health and ...
- New Colorado Frac Study showing health harms. Industry official: “There are no long-term health impacts related to oil and gas development.” *Impossible* for any official to know that. If frac’ing causes short-term health harm via toxic chemicals, and harmed people continue living frac’d and poisoned by venting, flaring, leaking facilities, wells, uncleaned up spills as often happens in frac fields, the health harms become long-term.
A few important reality checks:
Benzene Exposure Near US Permissible Limit Is Associated With Sperm Aneuploidy
U.S.Centers for Disease Control Preliminary Study: Finds dangerous levels of benzene in frac workers’ urine; Imagine the urine of children living beside frac’ing
Colorado study shows toxic chemicals up to 2,000 feet from frac sites; Benzene (carcinogen), toluene (neurotoxin, notably damages the ...
- Colorado study shows toxic chemicals up to 2,000 feet from frac sites; Benzene (carcinogen), toluene (neurotoxin, notably damages the brain in children) and ethyltoluenes found at up to **10 times** recommended levels 500 feet from frac operations. “Secret exposure to chemicals that our own EPA reports as a potential hazard to human health is unconscionable.”
COLORADO FRACKING STUDY SHOWS TOXIC CHEMICALS UP TO 2,000 FEET AWAY FROM DRILLING SITES by Jeffery Martin, Oct 17, 2019, Newsweek
Data from a Colorado study finds that people living near oil and gas fracking sites may have heightened risk of nose bleeds, dizziness, headaches and other short-term health effects, according to The Denver Post.
Right now, state ...
- Save the Earth, stop fracking
Save the Earth, stop fracking by Morgan Stewart, Duquesne University student, N.Y., Oct 17, 2019, Pittsburgh Gazette
The Oct. 13 Insight article “Gas Developers Bank on Report to Prevent Fracking” by Steve Bittenbender draws much needed attention to the issue of fracking. Fracking is having a detrimental effect on the Earth that many are choosing to ...
- Excellent Must Read by Law Prof Martin Olszynski: Everything You Wish You Didn’t Need to Know About the Alberta Inquiry into Anti-Alberta Energy Campaigns
Everything You Wish You Didn’t Need to Know About the Alberta Inquiry into Anti-Alberta Energy Campaigns by Martin Olszynski, Oct 17, 2019, ABlawg.ca
Martin Z. Olszynski@molszyns Replying to @justinCgio
…and also the oil sands are a case study in regulatory failure, per evidence.
- Permian Basin: Another study links frac’ing to earthquakes. “It’s no surprise to communities affected by these quakes that science confirms they’re fracking-related”
Study linking fracking to Permian Basin earthquakes stirs public debate by Sergio Chapa, Oct. 15, 2019, Houston Chronicle
A new study from the University of Texas at Austin blames hydraulic fracturing for causing some earthquakes in the Permian Basin of West Texas, dispelling the widely held view that oilfield wastewater disposals wells were solely responsible ...
- Alberta increasing Oilpatch Welfare while enabling more harms and pollution and hundreds of $Billions in liabilities. Red Deer County caves, slashes taxes for shallow gas producers, gives zero tax relief for frac’d water well owners and farms. Where will the $5 Million shortfall come from? Why not from Kenney’s $30 Million Oilpatch Pimping Propaganda Room?
Comment from ASRG FB Page:
If the drilling isn’t profitable , why are they doing it? What kind of math are they doing?
Red Deer County agrees to provincial oilpatch tax break, Municipal taxes paid by shallow gas producers cut by 35 per cent by Paul Cowley, Oct. 15, 2019, Red Deer Advocate
Red Deer ...
- $5.6 Billion West Coast Olefins Ltd. petrochemical complex in Prince George, B.C. begins regulatory approval process
Petrochemical complex in Prince George, B.C. begins regulatory approval process by Grant Cameron, October 14, 2019, Journal of Commerce
Construction of a $5.6-billion petrochemical complex in Prince George, B.C., could begin as early as 2021 if all goes according to plan, says Ken James, president and CEO of Calgary-based West Coast Olefins Ltd.
The company has secured ...
- “The orks are getting nervous.” Big Bad Powerful CAPP afraid of Greta? Oil industry’s cowardice the real reason for Jason Kenney’s anti-information, private corporation Canadian Energy Propaganda Centre? Steal from citizens to give polluters the loudest voice? CAPP is foolish to whine, but wise to be afraid. Greta has more power than Alberta’s unethical war room, no matter how much money it eats or how many media lie for it.
Friday, Oct 18, 2019: Greta Thunberg to march downtown Edmonton climate strike
Greta Thunberg, whose climate strikes have inspired similar protests around the world, will be taking part in another strike in downtown Edmonton Friday. Environmental advocacy group Climate Justice Edmonton announced Thunberg will join “hundreds of Edmonton youth, climate activists, and community members” at the ...
- Horrific. Terrible. Abysmal. The worst. Terms equity analysts are using to describe investors’ attitude toward energy stocks!
Fed-up investors dump shares after years of disappointment by Ryan Dezember, Oct. 16, 2019, Wall Street Journal
Horrific. Terrible. Abysmal. The worst. Those are terms equity analysts are using to describe investors’ attitude toward energy stocks.
Shares of exploration-and-production companies, along with oil-field-service firms, have fallen even more than crude prices this year. A five-year slump in ...
- Indigenous Mapuche pay high price for Argentina’s magical illusion of sudden frac wealth, Community tell of devastating environmental impact. “Oil companies aren’t extracting hydrocarbons from Vaca Muerta. They’re extracting subsidies.” They dumped their waste without any treatment and threw limestone on it to cover it up. “The greed of governments is killing the world. The world is not going to end. We are going to end, because we’re killing ourselves.”
Indigenous Mapuche pay high price for Argentina’s fracking dream, Community tell of devastating environmental impact on land where their animals grazed by Uki Goñi, Oct 14, 2019, The Guardian
The roar of the burning gas well could be heard almost a mile and a half away, from atop the high plateau where Albino Campo ...
- Arresting You Ltd., Alberta Oilfield Services Company, closing its doors after 25 years
Red Deer oilfield related company shutting doors after 25 years by Mamta Lulla, Oct. 13, 2019, Red Deer Advocate
Arresting You Ltd., a safety services provider in Red Deer, is shutting its doors after 25 years.
The company, located in Edgar Industrial area, offers training in many areas in the industrial and oilfield sectors in Red Deer ...
- Who needs ICORE! EUB trained deregulation – for free. It was the “Brotherhood of regulators,” says ex-EUB Chair Neil McCrank, who enabled the Caroline Cover-up and Encana illegally frac’ing Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers, with the “regulator” abusing it’s power, punishing Ernst instead of the company; was Chair when EUB incorporated the notoriously evil Synergy Alberta; authorized the “repulsive” spying on innocent Albertans that made gov’t change it to ERCB; etc., etc.
Easy cheap fix Mr. Kenney: Remove AER’s legal immunity.
2009: The Intimidation of Ernst: Members of Harper Government’s Anti-terrorist Squad Intimidate and Harass Ernst after her Legal Papers were Served on Encana, the EUB (now AER) and Alberta Environment
All parts of “Operation Synergy” are worth reading – Alberta energy regulator’s local and global Hanky Panky was in ...
- Rob Schwartz, past Director of Alberta Surface Rights Group, on Jason Kenney’s War Room: “CTV produces ‘The Amazing Race Canada’ and UCP produces ‘The Amazing Shit Show Alberta'”
Alberta’s ‘energy war room’ risks being seen as a propaganda agency — unless it sticks to the facts, Chris Varcoe: Alas, if only all governments could write their own unfiltered narratives without the pesky criticism of naysayers by Chris Varcoe , Oct ...
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Considering Whether Rule of Capture Applies to Hydraulic Fracturing
Whose Milkshake is Whose?: Pennsylvania Supreme Court Considers Whether the Rule of Capture Applies to Hydraulic Fracturing by Tony Guerino II Litigation Attorney and Elizabeth E. Klingensmith, October 8, 2019, National Law Review
The Rule of Capture has been a foundational concept of oil and gas prospecting for 150 years. The Rule of Capture exists to ...
- Alberta’s $30 Million Taxpayer-funded Pathetic *Private Corporation* (to sneak around FOIP Law, keep the room undemocratic?) Propaganda War Room. Will it pimp Kenney up or be more Hanky Panky failure, costing six times AER’s ICORE?
Some tweets on Kenney’s Farcical Room:
Justin Giovannetti @justinCgioWar room update from Premier Kenney’s office: It’s a corporation and FOIP will only apply to info shared btwn the war room and gov. Why? “This would provide a tactical and/or strategic advantage to the very foreign-funded special interests the CEC is looking to counter.” #ableg 4:21 PM ...
- Washington County PA: Family members tell state to ‘fix’ cancer study. How many cancers/deaths in Alberta caused by frac/oil industry chemicals & pollution? How would we know? Authorities not looking, too busy blowing taxpayer money up their Hanky Panky asses, denying, lying, and changing names on propaganda machines to enable more carcinogenic oil industry pollution!
Tells us all we need to know:
Frac Company Trican Donates $5 Million to Fight Childhood Cancer
Frac-Harmed Pennsylvania gets “criminal investigations” into the regulatory fraud, corruption and cover-up (eg turning post-pollution water test data into “baseline”). Frac-Harmed Alberta gets oil patch led Witch Snitch & Kenney’s Kopy Kat War Room, both with boasted intent to ...
- Lawsuit Targets Feds’ Failure to Consider Colorado Fracking’s Climate Harm. “And despite several court decisions making it clear that this failure is illegal, the BLM continues to allow oil and gas leasing to go forward without considering the climate impacts.”
Press Release by Centre for Biological Diversity
For Immediate Release, October 8, 2019
Lawsuit Targets Feds’ Failure to Consider Colorado Fracking’s Climate Harm
DENVER— Conservation groups sued the Trump administration today ...
- The Hanky Panky Continues! Kenney’s newly named War Room, “Alberta Energy Information Centre,” gets another new name: “Canadian Energy Centre” and it sounds like AER’s/Jim Ellis’ ICORE on steroids! UCP failed candidate, Tom Olsen, hired as manager, reportedly to get $195,000.00 salary. “Spin pays big time in Alberta.”
Alberta ‘war room’ incorporated as Canadian Energy Centre to paint positive picture of energy sector by Kieran Leavitt, Oct 9, 2019, Star Edmonton
The United Conservative information “war room” boasts a fresh name as the Canadian Energy Centre now that it’s been made a corporation by the Alberta government.
The operation was incorporated on Wednesday and ...
- “Global oil and gas industry is automating and digitizing heavily to cut costs.” Around 7,000 fewer workers on Alberta oil and gas drilling rigs compared to 2018: ATB Financial
Comment with posting this article on ASRG FB page:
Grant ColliesAs a landowner this is welcome news, maybe I can save at least one quarter on land being uncontaminated by industry.
Canadian drilling activity at more than 25-year low: Peters & Co. by Deborah Jaremko, Oct. 9, 2019, JWN
Drilling activity in Western Canada is currently depressed at ...
- Updated with comments. Lacombe Alberta: Herr Lecturer, Journalist Andrew Nikiforuk, warns $260B worth of oil and gas industry liabilities could be dumped on taxpayers. “Most companies that have gone into fracking are short of cash, highly indebted and barely making a go of it.”
- No one wants your frack salt! Antero Closes $300 Million Clearwater Facility to Re-evaluate Waste Water Processing
Antero Closes Clearwater Facility to Re-evaluate Local Frack Water Processing by Duane Nichols, Sept. 25, 2019, frackcheckwv
Antero Idles $300 Million Clearwater Facility
From an Article of WBOY News 12, Clarksburg, September 18, 2019
CLARKSBURG, W.Va. – Antero Resources has idled a $300 million water treatment facility on the Doddridge/Ritchie county line, company officials said Wednesday.
The shutdown of the Antero ...
- It’s not just Greta Thunberg: why are we ignoring the developing world’s inspiring activists? Because they’re not white?
It’s not just Greta Thunberg: why are we ignoring the developing world’s inspiring activists? Young people in the global south have been tackling the climate crisis for years. They should be celebrated too by Chika Unigwe, Oct 5, 2019, The Guardian
Kenyan 2004 Nobel peace prize winner and environmentalist Wangari Maathai. Photograph: Antony Njuguna/Reuters
Ridhima Pandey ...
- Pennsylvania: Grant Township vs DEP legal battle over drilling & frac’ing waste water continues. “The waste contains radioactive material and unknown chemicals. The regulations are failing our people.”
Legal battle continues over drilling and fracking wastewater well by Don Hopey, Oct 5, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Grant Township, a tiny, rolling swath of rural Indiana County, doesn’t trust the state Department of Environmental Protection to protect the water wells of its 700 residents.
That much was clear at Friday’s Commonwealth Court hearing in Pittsburgh where the ...
- Someone else suing the Hanky-Panky-infested AER? Will Steve Allen, Witchin’ Snitcher Collector, investigate?
Will Mr. Allen, Kenney’s Witch Hunt Inquiry Commissioner and previous Director of Compton Petroleum, investigate why the past AER Chair, Ms. Shiela O’Brian, sought “Board Legal Advice” from Mr. Glenn Solomon? (aka “take-the-money-and-potable-water through a tank-system-forever” when an oil company contaminates your drinking water, to make “you shut up” and “the regulators stay off our ...
- Canada: Federal Election Options
“Think I’ll vote for the bear…”
Cartoon above in Revelstoke Review, Oct 3, 2019
“Apparently butter tarts are an option.”
daanis vote selection photo above on Twitter, Oct 3, 2019
- WV: Rig ‘n Frac Noise Irks Residents in Bethany
Fracking Noise Irks Residents in Bethany by Alan Olson, Oct 5, 2019, The Intelligencer
While fracking has stopped for the season at the Sam Jones well pad in Bethany, local residents have complained of excessive drilling noise from the machinery at the site.
City officials are hoping to work with Southwestern Energy to provide better relief from ...
- Kenney’s $30 Million Bunker Hit by Bombshell! Alberta Auditor General report on investigation results into Energy Regulator’s global propaganda machine ICORE: AER inappropriately spent money on matters outside its mandate. Wrongfully used $5.4 Million of **industry’s** money! Includes investigation reports by Ethics & Public Interest Commissioners on ex CEO Jim Ellis.
This post is for Diana and her children.
Kenney govt replacing the Board will do nothing to fix the malignancy that is industry’s darling, the AER/ERCB/EUB/ERCB. By appointing Bev Yee, known industry crime cover-upper, Chair of the AER, govt knows the “regulator” will just protect polluters more, deregulate more, lie more, enable multinationals to cause more ...
- “Science requires evidence. Maybe if industry willingly divulged all chemicals and products they put into the Earth in process of fracking, that would be a good step toward receiving the evidence.”
Harmful to Earth by Bob LaMar, Downtown, OCT 3, 2019, Pittsburgh Post Gazette
I’m writing in response to the Sept. 28 letter “Real Connection” by Jordan McGillis of the Institute for Energy Research in Washington, D.C.
The letter points out that science requires evidence. Maybe if the industry willingly divulged all of the chemicals and products that ...
- Scottish govt confirmed it will not allow frac’ing; “does not support the development of unconventional oil and gas”
Scottish government confirms ‘no fracking’ policy by BBC News, Oct 3, 2019
The Scottish government has confirmed its policy of not allowing fracking.
Energy Minister Paul Wheelhouse told MSPs that the existing block on unconventional oil and gas development would continue indefinitely.
He said the controversial extraction technique was “incompatible” with the government’s policies to tackle climate change.
- Frac-Harmed Pennsylvania gets “criminal investigations” into the regulatory fraud, corruption and cover-up (eg turning post-pollution water test data into “baseline”). Frac-Harmed Alberta gets oil patch led Witch Snitch & Kenney’s Kopy Kat War Room, both with boasted intent to harm those concerned with life-threatening pollution, even though AER, Alberta Environment, Alberta Research Council (now Alberta Innovates) and Alberta politicians also engaged in fraud, corruption and cover-up.
Deputy Environment Minister Bev Yee – who helped cover-up Encana’s crimes: diverting water without required permit under Water Act, illegal aquifer fracs, community-wide drinking water contamination & exploding water tower – appointed by Alberta gov’t to chair the AER in “steps to clean house.”
Oh Dirty Canada! National Energy Board (NEB), led by corporate crime cover-upper ...
- Another frac dust biter? Calgary-based Bellatrix Exploration Ltd. (of Diana Daunheimer lawsuit fame) seeks buyer as part of court-supervised restructuring. Given level of debt, no assurance creditors’ claims will be satisfied. When will courts order companies to “restructure” frac’d environments, families, lands, farms, waterways, aquifers, exploded water towers, etc?
Ian Jessop interviews Diana Daunheimer about omnipotent, propagandizing AER and her lawsuit against Bellatrix (previously Angle Energy) for harming her family by hydraulic fracturing
MUST LISTEN! Ian Jessop Interviews Diana Daunheimer on nasty attempt by Bellatrix/Angle Energy to kill her frac lawsuit by demanding $33,000 Security of Costs and more, to pay the company’s legal fees ...
- FracTracker Alliance Announces 2019 Sentinel Award Winners
Announcing the 2019 Sentinel Award Winners by FracTracker Alliance, September 25, 2019
Congratulations to the winners of this year’s Community Sentinel Award for Environmental Stewardship! After being nominated by peers this summer, recipients were selected by a committee of five community defense leaders and environmental champions from around the country.
Read brief descriptions of these inspiring individuals ...
- Pennsylvania: Greene County leads state in child cancer admissions
Greene leads state in child cancer admissions, report states by Rick Shrum, Oct 1, 2019, Greene County Messenger
All cancer diagnoses are daunting, but they are especially horrific when the disease is detected in children. And, according to a report released today, that is happening frequently in the state.
The Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council ...
- Mega list of bankrupt companies! Kenney’s $30 Million McCarthyism War Room renamed “Alberta Energy Information Centre” (AER’s 100%-industry-funded ass): PetroPimps’ Propaganda Hanky Panky Bunker to Spy ‘n Lie for CAPP ‘n Koch ‘n Encana ‘n Harper? Just New West Partnership cont’d?
~ Kopy Kat Kenney ~
Today!!! Another frac dust biter? Calgary-based Bellatrix Exploration Ltd. (of Diana Daunheimer lawsuit fame) seeks buyer as part of court-supervised restructuring. Given level of debt, no assurance creditors’ claims will be satisfied
2007: Integrity on the rocks, outgoing EUB Chairman Neil McCrank’s new job reviewing his own work [EUB was ERCB, also became ERCB, ...
- Oklahoma Kingfisher-Blaine County line: Another frac hit? Industry-caused damaging earthquake? Officials believe related to oil & gas industry: 3,000 gallons “highly toxic saltwater bubbling to surface every day.” Regulator: “Something you never want to see, is something bubbling to surface like this.”
Mysterious saltwater purge causing concerns near Kingfisher-Blaine County line by Kate Smith, Sept 26, 2019, Oklahoma’s News4
At Min 1:46, one can see the toxic water splashing:
Saltwater bubbling up from the earth and nobody can figure out where it’s coming from. Officials believe it’s related to oil and gas operations in the area.
A spokesperson with the ...
- Non-Disclosure Agreements “are, indeed, an ugly instrument.”
We cannot insist that sexual assault survivors ‘go public’ by Emma Phillips, Sept 25, 2019, The Globe and Mail
[But humans must insist that gag orders used by corporations to cover-up their crimes, pollution and harms, and ordered by judges to enable the cover-ups, are made illegal. Such gag orders, especially when ordered by judges, knowingly ...
- UK: Cuadrilla moving out! “Frack Free Lancashire is delighted to learn that 35 days after they caused a 2.9ML earthquake which shook the Fylde and the confidence of their investors, Cuadrilla are finally demobilising…. The seismic activity which they provoked has not stopped though, with the 133rd event being recorded on Saturday, five weeks after they last fracked.”
Cuadrilla ends 2019 fracking plans by Emily Gosden, October 1 2019, The Times UKCuadrilla’s experimental fracking operation near Blackpool has provoked fierce opposition and protests from local people
No more fracking is expected to take place in Britain this year after Cuadrilla Resources said that it was removing equipment at the UK’s only active site. ...
- Available Oct 1, 2019: Rachel Maddow’s “Blowout, Corrupted Democracy, Rogue State Russia, and the Richest, Most Destructive Industry on Earth”
Blowout, Corrupted Democracy, Rogue State Russia, and the Richest, Most Destructive Industry on Earth by Rachel Maddow, Oct 1, 2019, ISBN 9780525575474, penguinrandomhouse.com
ABOUT BLOWOUTBig Oil and Gas Versus Democracy—Winner Take All
In 2010, the words “earthquake swarm” entered the lexicon in Oklahoma. That same year, a trove of Michael Jackson memorabilia—including his iconic crystal-encrusted white glove—was ...
- Jason Kenney gives multi-billion dollar profiting companies a taxpayer-funded war room to abuse citizens concerned about industry’s rampant life-threatening pollution: Suncor tarsands revenue up from $11.2 to $12 billion between 2017 and 2018 when companies whined about how hard it was to operate in Canada; CNRL boosted its revenue from $7.1 to $11.5 billion
Teck, Suncor, CNRL take top spots in annual ranking of mining company revenues by the energy mix, Sept 29, 2019
Mining and tar sands/oil sands producers Teck Resources, Suncor Energy, and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. took three of the four top spots in an annual listing of Canadian mining companies by gross revenues, raking in a ...
- Oh Frac’d U of Alberta! VP university relations, Jacqui Tam, resigns over controversial ‘Beefier Barley’ billboard pimping global warming as beneficial. Brazenly working for polluters or warming up Alberta’s nefarious War Room?
Climate Risk in the Housing Market Has Echoes of Subprime Crisis, Study Finds by Christopher Flavelle, Sept. 27, 2019, New York Times
WASHINGTON — Banks are shielding themselves from climate change at taxpayers’ expense by shifting riskier mortgages — such as those in coastal areas — off their books and over to the federal government, ...
- Colorado oil and gas regulator “took the unprecedented step of ordering an operator to switch from the carcinogenic (Gibson D822) drilling mud to a synthetic (Neoflo 4633) mud.”
2010: Natural Gas Operations from a Public Health Perspective
For many years, drillers have insisted that they do not use toxic chemicals to drill for gas, only guar gum, mud, and sand. While much attention is being given to chemicals used during fracking, our findings indicate that drilling chemicals can be equally, if not more dangerous.
COGCC took ...
- Katie de Kauwe, UK lawyer: “Access to justice should not be just for the oil and gas industry.”
Environment Agency “no longer able to regulate fracking” – Labourby Ruth Hayhurst, Sept 23, 2019, drillordrop
Fracking companies can “railroad” through their interests because the Environment Agency has been “drained” of resources, a Labour energy spokesperson told delegates at the party’s conference.
Barry Gardiner, shadow energy minister, said of the Environment Agency :
“They are no longer capable ...
- Facebook reportedly censoring posting of Canadian election-related media revealing strong differences between candidates: In this censored article, local candidates answer where they stand on Coastal GasLink’s 670 km LNG pipeline from Dawson Creek area to Kitimat
“I am sharing this article by email as it is the 2nd time this week that Facebook has censored posting an election-related media report that they have deemed as “abusive of community standards” because it apparently reveals the strong differences between candidates in relation to BC LNG and fracking. Please share through your personal ...
- Yet another frac’er bites sweet dust: Weatherford facing more than $10Billion in debt files for bankruptcy protection. US court order accepts restructuring plan, which includes Weatherford getting $2.2Billion in magic money; Stockholders to receive proportionate shares of the company’s **new stock** while operations continue as “normal.”
Weatherford moves forward with bankruptcy proceedings in Ireland by Sergio Chapa, September 24, 2019, Houston Chronicle
Oilfield service company Weatherford International moved forward with the second phase of its bankruptcy proceedings — filing in Ireland.
The company, which is incorporated in Ireland but has a large presence in Houston, filed for a type of bankruptcy protection known ...
- Hanky Panky Power Pimping Codswallop! Canadian & BC gov’ts forcing demand for Site C dam? Why give the failing frac ‘n dash industry another near $Billion in corporate welfare? LNG & frac’ing, even electrified, are not green or clean or safe!
Some wise citizen common sense:
Brenda GuiledA footnote to the LNG industry is that ships carrying it are floating bombs, massive bombs. Getting them to explode will take something like a missile strike — we hope they won’t blow from grounding, ramming, unsuspected stress points, poor construction, etc. — but in our nutty world, it’s easy ...
- Suffering and living in fear in Frackville, Pennsylvania; More Ewing sarcoma research is needed
Finding the link: More Ewing sarcoma research is needed, Not enough is being done to figure out what is causing the rare cancer’s high incidence rate in southwestern Pa. by The Editorial Board, Sept 20, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
An alarming and disproportionate number of Ewing sarcoma cases have been reported in our corner of the ...
- Bye Bye Canadian LNG? Bye Bye Need for Site C? China introduces new incentives for domestic production of tight and shale gas and CBM
Watch the oil and gas company bankruptcies, companies taking their profits and running from clean-up (hanging taxpayers with more corporate welfare), subsidies and regulator/analyst/industry propaganda in Canada escalate!
China introduces new incentives for domestic production of tight and shale gas and coalbed methane by US Energy Information Administration, Sept 19, 2019, Natural Gas Weekly
In June ...
- Open letter signed by 450 groups, universities, faith groups and celebrities around the world ask U.N. Secretary General Antonio Guterres to endorse global frac ban
Campaigners urge UN to endorse global fracking ban, Emma Thompson and Mark Ruffalo among signatories of open letter to secretary general by Jillian Ambrose, Sept 19, 2019, The Guardian
A global campaign backed by 450 activist groups and celebrities, including actors Emma Thompson and Mark Ruffalo, is calling on the UN to endorse a global end to fracking ...
- Vomit bags needed to read these pro-polluter propaganda pieces: Albertans should take back to the streets to stand up for the AER & What A Revamped Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) SHOULD Look Like (After a Little History). “Should” is one of AER’s & industry’s beloved escape hatch words, used incessantly to avoid accountability and responsibility!
1. ABOUT BILL WHITELAWBill Whitelaw is president and CEO of JWN, as well as executive vice-president, Business Information Group, at Glacier Inc. and managing director of Evaluate Energy, an affiliated energy analytics and research company based in London, UK.
Bill is a director on many industry sector boards including the Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources [CSUR; ...
- October 8, 2019: Andrew Nikiforuk presents “Disruptive Shaking: The Impact of Fracking on Rural Communities” at Centre For Peace And Justice – Herr Lectures, Lacombe, Alberta
Disruptive Shaking: The Impact of Fracking on Rural Communities by Centre for Peace and Justice – Herr Lectures, Lacombe Alberta, October 8, 2019
Lacombe Memorial Centre – Centennial Hall South 5214 50 Ave., Lacombe, AB T4L 0B6
Date And Time:
Tue, 8 October 2019
7:30 PM – 9:00 PM MDT
Lacombe Memorial Centre – Centennial Hall South
- UK ruling delivers blow to oil & gas companies claiming natural gas is environmentally friendly. Advertising Standards Authority rules natural gas is ‘not a low-carbon fuel.’ Equinor should not have implied it was environmentally friendly
Gas is ‘not a low-carbon fuel’, UK watchdog rules, Equinor should not have implied gas was environmentally friendly energy source by Financial Times, September 15, 2019
UK regulators have issued a warning to Norwegian energy giant Equinor over advertisements on the London Underground that implied gas is a “low-carbon energy” source. It is the first time ...
- Remember Emergency Nurse Cathy Behr? Ohio, New Report: Widespread use of frac’ing and drilling chemicals risk water supplies and health. Companies injected undisclosed chemicals “10,992 times into 1,432 wells” enabled by the “law” that allows trade secrets, even from first responders.
2012: Ohio passes one of the worst fracking laws in the U.S. but best for health harming, polluting frac’ers!
Frac’ing: It’s only done with kittens & cream, perfectly sweet & safe!
What’s in fracking chemicals? Energy nonprofit demands answers by Beth Burger, Sept 16, 2019, The Columbus Dispatch
Ohioans could be exposed to dangerous chemicals that state laws ...
- Alberta ultra disturbing: 70 per cent (160/232) of commercial vehicles fail inspection; 42 per cent (98/232) **taken out of service** for failing safety issues! How many would fail if inspected in frenzied frac fields and traveling to them?
And how many cause fatal accidents?
Three dead following fiery highway crash near Cereal, Alta
Fall commercial vehicle inspection event takes more than 40 per cent of vehicles out of service by Edmonton Police Service, September 13, 2019
The EPS Commercial Vehicle Inspection Detail pulled 98 commercial vehicles off the road for failing to meet various safety compliance ...
- City of Medicine Hat cleaning up 2,000 gas wells it made profits on. Why won’t the rest of Alberta’s oil and gas industry profit-takers clean up?
- Guzzle Up! Toxic radioactive frac waste water coming soon to a bottling depot, farm, berry patch, swimming pool, park pathway near you?
New Mexico looking to recycle fracking waste water from oil and gas operations by Adrian Hedden, Sept 12, 2019, Carlsbad Current-Argus
New Mexico lawmakers are upping the urgency in developing technology and regulations to cut back on water waste from the oil and gas industry as the state continues to struggle with increasingly harsh drought conditions ...
- Another frac’er bites the dust? Houston-based Nine Energy shares slumped by -70.98% year to date; Lays off 70 employees, closes operations in Calgary, Red Deer and Grand Prairie, leaves Canada. Will they clean up on their way out?
Deciding Between Histogenics Corporation (HSGX) and At Nine Energy Service, Inc. (NINE) For Next Investment by Edison Carroll, September 13, 2019, eglobalist
… The shares of Nine Energy Service, Inc. (NYSE:NINE), has slumped by -70.98% year to date as of 09/12/2019. The shares currently trade at $6.54 and have been able to report a change of ...
- Another spill reported in the media – 500,000 litres produced water near Grand Prairie – while media continue to ignore 460,000 litre spill at Sprocket’s abandoned sour gas well near Smoke Lake Provincial Park and Town of Fox Creek. Why? Because it was a frac hit on a sour well near a town and busy public campground? Because people or wildlife were harmed?
Why did Paramount suddenly distribute Emergency Response Plan in Town of Fox Creek? To distract from Sprocket Energy’s 460,000 litre spill/leak/frac hit at abandoned sour gas well near Smoke Lake Provincial Park and the town?
Pipeline in NW Alberta leaks 100,000 litres contaminated water. More AER Media deflection? Keep the public, community of Fox Creek and ...
- Coushatta Louisiana: Just another frac’ing disaster they can’t stop. Explosion after frac’ing, all gas wells on pad still burning a week later, still rattling homes, noise getting louder. Regulator says “no air quality concerns” just like “No Duty of Care” Charter-violating AER says during blow outs in Alberta, even those spewing deadly sour gas
Fracked Gas Well Blowout in Louisiana Likely to Burn for the Next Month by Julie Dermansky, September 12, 2019, Desmog.blog
A fracked natural gas well in northwest Louisiana has been burning for two weeks after suffering a blowout. A state official said the fire will likely burn for the next month before the flames can be brought under control ...