- Brilliant damning MUST READ by Joyce Nelson, notably on Environmental Defense Fund’s greenwashing for frac industry and stinky dots between BC Supreme Court Injunction against Wet’suwet’en (hold title on lands where Coastal GasLink, “CGL” and RCMP are trespassing, thanks to the court), mega rich Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., “KKR” and (pension-thieving to give to bankrupting frac’ers) AIMCo buying 65% of CGL.
Wall Street Invading Wet’suwet’en Territory by JOYCE NELSON, Feb 12 ,2020, Counter Punch
The uprising across Canada in support of Wet’suwet’en First Nation land defenders shows no sign of stopping. As of February 11, ports, bridges, rail lines, highways and roads have been blockaded across much of the country by solidarity protesters, who have also occupied ...
- 2020 Chevy Bolt Review: “Once you start driving and using EVs, you find that range anxiety is fossil fuel propaganda.”
The review is American, in US dollars.
The 2020 Chevy Bolt — GM Changes The Game, Again by Robert Dee, February 8th, 2020, cleantechnica
In late 2016, the Chevy Bolt became the first affordable long range EV (electric vehicle), beating the Tesla Model 3 to market. As of this writing, in February 2020, GM has once again ...
- Myth of American energy independence based on willful deception “Alice in Wonderland” forecasts by U.S. EIA. Best way to con investors into losing $Billions! The Permian is flat lining, most frac’d shale plays “don’t amount to a hill of beans.”
Enter industry’s financier, Jason Kenney, taking (stealing?) pensions of hard working Albertans for AIMCo to “invest” (aka knowingly piss in industry’s wind):
The American Empire Mistakenly Believes the Shale Oil-Gas Revolution Will Continue Until 2050 and Beyond, Part I by Dr. Leon Tressell, Global Research, February 10, 2020
The Trump regime never tires of trumpeting the ...
- Janvier Alberta: OK to go home, but don’t drink the water, cook with it or give to pets. “I just hope to God that people don’t sweep it underneath the rug and forget it.”
Janvier residents return home after evacuation, but they can’t drink the water, Residents left voluntarily on Jan. 27 after a chemical mix-up at the water plant by Jamie Malbeuf, CBC News, Feb 05, 2020
Janvier residents returned to their community Tuesday afte a water shutdown due to a chemical mix-up prompted an evacuation.
But a “do ...
- Too late, After second crude oil derailment near Guernsey SK (first spilled 1.5 Million litres; second 1.2Million litres), Canadian gov’t orders trains carrying dangerous goods to slow down, but only for 30 days, maybe less (’til the toxic frac fumes fade?)
2013: SHALE OIL WIPES OUT CANADIAN TOWN !
2013: Toll in Quebec frac’d oil train derailment sure to rise, Traumatized survivors braced for more bad news inspectors finally cleared to enter charred site
2013: US. agency says companies shipping crude in unsafe rail cars, Judge grants railroad bankruptcy protection after Lac-Mégantic disaster, About 100 residents remain homeless ...
- Nikiforuk writes his most powerful: Wet’suwet’en Raids: Canada Chooses Colonialism Again, A future of reconciliation is now squandered along with our billions propping up LNG.
BC Civil Liberties@bccla Feb 6, 2020
The BCCLA stands with the Wet’suwet’en Nation at this time. We’re highly concerned about the overpolicing of peaceful land defenders and of ongoing RCMP actions on Wet’suwet’en territory, which are in violation of Wet’suwet’en law and Charter rights. #WetsuwetenStrong
We strongly remind RCMP that blocking witnesses, media access, and coverage ...
- Oil & gas industry grifters everywhere violating laws with impunity, enabled by our regulators, politicians and courts
Carman: Oil and gas industry grifters violate Colorado law with impunity by Diane Carman, Feb 2, 2020, The Colorado Sun
Let’s face it, outrage is our new normal. … Still, even if you rigorously avoid the spectacle of $1,500-an-hour attorneys trying to defend the indefensible, there’s always more.
The report last week from the Colorado State Auditor on the grifters in the ...
- Danielle Smith propaganda published by The Western Producer called out by Alberta rancher Nielle Hawkwood
Ms. Hawkwood’s letter was published without references and some details added about Danielle Smith: Letters to the editor – Not all climate-change advocates are extremists by Nielle Hawkwood, Jan 23, 2020, The Western Producer
Ms. Hawkwood’s unedited letter sent to The Producer with references & links:
It is ironic that Ms. Smith warns of “Extremist Propaganda” while appearing to ...
- Oil industry execs dead in the head with desperation? Parsley Energy CEO Matt Gallagher tries to bribe Gen Z with “dazzling BS” in a “shale new deal,” blames Wall Street, teens and our “perception” for its demise when industry’s greed is to blame.
Sharon Wilson: “Oil and gas has been making the same promises to clean up its act since 2005, yet fifteen years later it’s still worsening the climate crisis and plaguing the health of residents next door.”
2020 02 06: Federal transport minister orders trains to slow down after fiery crash in Sask., ‘I cannot compromise on ...
- Oilprice: Fossil fuels are driving global warming; “it’s rather ironic that higher temperatures are now battering gas markets” into “Gasmaggedon.”
“Gasmaggedon” Sweeps Over Global Gas Market by Nick Cunningham, February 5, 2020, Oilprice
China’s state-owned gas importers are considering declaring force majeure on LNG imports, which would amplify the turmoil in global gas markets.
LNG prices have already plunged to their lowest levels in a decade in Asia as the ramp up of supply in 2019 came ...
- Suicide among U.S. working-age population (ages 16–64 years) is increasing; in 2017, nearly 38,000 persons died by suicide, a 40% rate increase in less than 2 decades. Rates significantly higher in five major industry groups with Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction (males) at the top.
Suicide Rates by Industry and Occupation — National Violent Death Reporting System, 32 States, 2016 by Peterson C, Sussell A, Li J, Schumacher PK, Yeoman K, and Stone DM, Weekly / January 24, 2020 / 69(3);57–62, Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2020;69:57–62. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6903a1external icon.
What is already known about this topic?
- Must Watch! Doctrine of Discovery: Stolen lands, Strong Hearts: Never mind sexual assault/rape education for Canadian judges, they need to learn Indigenous Law & Rights too (and how to be honest). But, is it possible to “train” misogyny and racism out of people, especially privileged (mostly white) people (mostly men) like lawyers & judges?
The water’s murmur is the voice of my mother’s mother.
Doctrine of Discovery: Stolen lands, Strong Hearts just over an hour, by General Synod, April 11, 2019
Refer also to:
Scary! Stephen Harper’s courts: How the judiciary in Canada has been remade Canadians must suffer his appointments for decades to come.
How many judges and lawyers in Canada abuse ...
- Frac blast from the past, Rosebud, Alberta (2008 & 2009): “Why the hell did you let those reporters drink your water Jess? Now look at them!”
The photo below was included at the top of my 2008 10 31 frac news mailout. The quote in the headline was made in response by a citizen member of my list. Two years earlier, AER when it was EUB, demanded I give them my list (hundreds of people by that time), which I refused. ...
- New York: Governor Andrew Cuomo promises to make permanent the state’s partial frac ban (only bans frac’ing with water, not other fluids, eg CO2, N2, H2S, propane, butane, etc)
2015 06: FINAL SUPPLEMENTAL GENERIC ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT STATEMENTON THE OIL, GAS AND SOLUTION MINING REGULATORY PROGRAM Regulatory Program for Horizontal Drilling and High-Volume Hydraulic Fracturing to Develop the Marcellus Shale and Other Low-Permeability Gas Reservoirs by New York State DEC:
High-volume hydraulic fracturing is defined as the stimulation of a well using 300,000 or more gallons of water as the base fluid ...
- Frac industry is damaging the oil & gas economy. When flipping for a profit fails, frac companies file for bankruptcy, which in turn deters lenders. “Wall Street has basically completely turned its back on the industry right now.” Is there anything frac’ing doesn’t damage?
Fracking industry damaging oil and gas economy, expert regional economist says by Claire Goodman, Feb 3, 2020, Houston Chronicle
According to Dr. Bill Gilmer, an expert on the Houston economy, the oil and gas industry is suffering, and the economic structure of the fracking industry is to blame.
Gilmer, a professor of Economics at the Bauer School ...
- RCMP Mobilizing Officers to Houston, NEBC, Intensifying Harassment of Camps. RCMP are lying, as usual, “saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.” BC Premier John Horgan: “The rule of law needs to prevail.” Whose? White Privileged Rich Man’s Law? Oil & Gas Industry’s Law? Racists’ Law?
Do I trust the RCMP? No. They do not heed the rule of law. Instead of investigating Encana’s law violations, they invaded my private property to serve Encana (now Ovintiv), law-violating AER and law-violating Alberta gov’t, and cowardly tried to intimidate me silent.
Do I trust our regulators when it comes to the oil & gas ...
- Bank in Quebec, Caisse Solidaire, offers Oil-Free RRSPs! 250 professors, including from Calgary, ask Canadian universities to divest from petroleum industry. Laure Waridel: “One of the ways to put the economy at the service of the planet is to review the way we invest.”
Ovintiv/Encana, Chevron, Exxon et al deeply deserve this! CNBC’s Jim Cramer: “I’m done with fossil fuels … they’re just done. We’re starting to see divestment all over the world. … It’s going to be a parade that says, ‘Look, these are tobacco and we’re not going to own them.’ … Younger people don’t want to ...
- Texas: 3rd man, Brian Maldonado, 25, dies after explosion and fire at Chesapeake Energy oil well
3rd man dies after gas blast at Chesapeake Energy oil well near Bryan by Sergio Chapa, , February 1, 2020
A third man has died after a gas explosion Wednesday at a Chesapeake Energy oil well in Burleson County, according to media reports.
Oil field worker Brian Maldonado, 25, of San Diego, Texas, died on Saturday, the ...
- Frac’ing busts air, water, land, caprock, communities, families, and Pennsylvania school district finances; Despite promises of frac prosperity, many school districts continue to struggle financially, a struggle that appears worsened by frac’ing.
Fracking has led to a ‘bust’ for Pennsylvania school district finances by Matthew Gardner Kelly and Kai A. Schafft, Feb 1, 2020, Pennsylvania Capital-Star
Several Democratic presidential candidates have called for new limitations on the practice because of environmental and other concerns. Two of the leading candidates, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, have promised to ban fracking if ...
- Why the Guardian will no longer accept fossil fuel advertising. Bravo! Brava!
The human species is incredibly creative and intelligent, when it wants to be.
There is no need to fear the demise of fossil fuels, not even for the jobs the companies promise but have become too greedy to maintain, not even to clean up their hundreds of billions of dollars in leaking wells and facilities ...
- Ovintiv/Encana, Chevron, Exxon et al deeply deserve this! CNBC’s Jim Cramer: “I’m done with fossil fuels … they’re just done. We’re starting to see divestment all over the world. … It’s going to be a parade that says, ‘Look, these are tobacco and we’re not going to own them.’ … Younger people don’t want to own them. The dividends are great…but you can tell that the world’s turned on them. It’s actually happening really quickly.”
2012 11 28: Power of Attorney Calgary managing partner for Osler Hoskin Harcourt, Maureen Killoran, lawyer representing Encana in the Ernst vs Encana lawsuit:
And, to be perfectly frank, when you do energy law, as I do, or corporate litigation, you’re not dealing with life and death situations and people whose lives have been turned upside down, ...
- 2020 02 13: West Central Stakeholders: Alberta Synergy abuse by regulators, Farmers’ Advocate & CAPP (industry) continues: “An Afternoon on Reclamation. ‘What Can I Expect?'” Lots of shit, lies, promises and propaganda with bribes to get you there
- US Senator Bernie Sanders introduces bill to ban frac’ing
Sanders introduces bill to ban fracking by Rachel Frazin, Jan 30, 2020, The Hill
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) this week introduced a bill that aims to ban hydraulic fracking.
The bill was introduced on Tuesday and is titled “a bill to ban the practice of hydraulic fracturing, and for other purposes,” according to the Library of Congress, though the text of ...
- Here’s how synergy spin by CAPE is used: Get media to wrongly define hydraulic fracturing to keep industry happy & frac’ing, just like Sierra Club and Council of Canadians do. Straight reports: “Canadian doctors link” frac’d gas to health harms, but not one doctor wrote the report; the lead author is not even part of the doctors’ association
A PR policy synergy person, not even part of CAPE, was lead author. Canadian doctors did not link frac’ing to these health harms, others did. Their report is a review, an industry-enabling significantly incomplete review of health and environmental harms caused by frac’ing.
Cancer, birth defects and other health harms; air, land, food, water, noise pollution; ...
- How low can a Minister of “justice” go and how thick grows rot in lawfirms?
Justice Minister Doug Schweitzer failed to disclose donation from inquiry commissioner Personal emails show Steve Allan helped finance Schweitzer campaign event by Charles Rusnell, Jennie Russell, CBC News, Jan 29, 2020
Alberta’s chief electoral officer will review an undisclosed donation to the nomination campaign of Justice Minister Doug Schweitzer from Steve Allan, the prominent Calgary businessman Schweitzer ...
- Poor Encana Investors: “Shares are in the ‘penalty box.'” Newly name-changed, Bull-in-the-China-Shop Ovintiv started trading in US with new symbol OVV, shares drop (another) 9% over two days.
Why Encana Corp. Is Just a Big Disappointment; Stock price tanked 80% in the last 10 years
“Canada” becoming a dirty word or has “Encana” been a dirty word for years? Name change to Ovintiv brings investors 9.3% drop, biggest drop in a year. Erectile Dysfunction?
Encana fleeing Canada in Scheer desperation? Shares drop 9.2%! Illegal aquifer-frac’er, ...
- Synergy Strikes Again! CAPE releases new report on frac’ing with great comment by Executive Director, lawyer Robin Edger: “Fracking threatens our health…. The only responsible step for government is to ban it outright.” But, his quote is not included in the report, which is drek (“peer” review by Encana-AER-OGC enabler Pembina Institute).
Shame on CAPE!
CAPE = Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment
Ronald Macfarlane, lead author of the report, is not a medical doctor (nor it appears is his co-author), and not part of CAPE. Nowhere on CAPE is it explained who he is or why he wrote the report. An Encana choice? Linked in shows ...
- Texas, Burleson County: Chesapeake Energy Corp Contractor killed,three people severely burned after oil rig explosion. Will there ever be mercy for oil and gas industry workers and their families? For the killed, burned, blown up, steamed to death, fumed to death, dying tortuously by exposure to toxic secret chemicals and or radioactivity, suffering hideous cancers?
News clip at link: Contractor dies, 3 others injured following oil well blowout in Burleson County by Rusty Surette, Michael Oder, and Karla Castillo, Jan 29, 2020, KBTX
DEANVILLE, Tex. (KBTX) – One contractor has died and three others have been taken by helicopter to hospitals in Houston and Austin following an oil well blowout in ...
- Condolences from Alberta to PA. Erica Tarr: “I can’t bathe my daughter, wash my hands or do a load of laundry, it’s like living in constant crisis. … Living without water for so long is a nightmare. It’s like we’ve been thrown to the wolves…. We can’t keep living like this.” Rosemary Fuller: “I feel so unsure about the present and the future that I just want rid of my home.”
Brothers in Arms by Marc Knopfler
These mist covered mountainsAre a home now for meBut my home is the lowlandsAnd always will beSomeday you’ll return toYour valleys and your farmsAnd you’ll no longer burn to beBrothers in armsThrough these fields of destructionBaptisms of fireI’ve witnessed your sufferingAs the battle raged higherAnd though they did hurt me so ...
- Frac’in’ farce ‘n shit show! AER tells landowners (ripped off by oil and gas companies) to reach out to Alberta Surface Rights Board and the gov’t even though AER knows full well that ASRB and Kenney/UCP only further harm Albertans harmed by oil and gas, and never come to our aid.
Is Action Surface Rights Association smoozing it up with AER again? Just another romantic dance between AER and the synergy group to prop up the corrupt AER, enabled by the War Room & Canadian Press?
2020 01 24: “Holy fracking hell, what a shit show.” RCMP might arrest you if you heed this – even on ...
- Oil & gas industry frac chemical or waste water mix up? As done to Ponoka landowner, Ann Craft? Water cut off for Janvier & Chipewyan Prairie First Nation after chemical “transfer” into water plant. “Emergency services’ Dangerous Goods personnel and equipment” on site. That’s some toxic mix-up.
Two days after this post (Jan 26), the chemical is identified. Why wait so long?
It’s sad that one cannot believe a word out of any authority in Alberta, not even in the dirty “justice” ministry.
Northern Alberta hamlet evacuating residents after water plant shut down, ‘We don’t want them without no supplies to clean and ...
- “When judges don’t know the meaning of rape, there is little hope of justice” never mind that some (one is too many) are racist misogynistic bigoted troglodytes in society’s “Upside Down of Patriarchy.”
The Upside Down of Patriarchy by Dana Vitalosova, Sep 21, 2016, medium.com
… And, how did patriarchy come into being? Lerner argues it started by the realization, that incest has weird consequences. To prevent close relatives having children, neighboring tribes began to exchange women of procreative age. Why were women, and not men, the objects of ...
- “Holy fracking hell, what a shit show.” RCMP might arrest you if you heed this – even on leases with unpaid rent on your own land. RCMP unjustly and grossly work for oil & gas companies, not Canadians harmed by those companies. NEB (now CER), AER, ASRB, Kenney’s War Room and Witch Hunt also serve the companies violating our contracts, our rights, our health, our loved ones and homes, our air, land and water, not us.
I do not recommend what this Synergy Alberta group (Action Surface Rights Association) is urging. It smells like an AER (devil) idea, and I am shocked the media reported it. Does the media know they are directing farmers to break the law? Is this crazy directive straight out of Kenney’s War Room?
It’s likely that our ...
- Terrible court ruling for families and the environment; Good news for frac’ers: Pa. Supreme Court Says Rule of Capture Applies to Fracking
It appears like 99% of North American judges are dirty when it comes to the oil and gas and frac industry. Are they worried about losing their pensions, savings and investments in frac’ing’s uneconomical, massive debt-laden deceptions, so they have to give the industry everything? This ruling is just another piece of evidence proving how ...
- How stupid can you get PA DEP? Withdraws record $8.9 Million fine in settlement exchange with Range Resources to fix the company’s drinking water and stream polluting, vegetation killing methane leaker, which of course, Range refuses to do.
Never mind DEP, Alberta’s filthy corrupt 100% industry-funded AER has not yet ordered Encana to repair the community drinking water aquifers the company illegally frac’d in 2004, contaminating many water wells with life-threatening concentrations of methane, and also with thermogenic ethane and man-made chemicals used in frac’ing. AER fined Encana $0 but violated Ernst’s rights, ...
- Alberta’s multibillion-$ orphan well problem prompts AG probe but does he have the power, integrity, ethics, diligence and courage to dig deeply in, or will he just tickle dust on CAPP ‘n AER’s nose? Besides, AG is decades too late, the problem has been years in intentional making
From ASRG FB Page:
Well, this story is most certainly causing a stir. Even in South Africa for some reason. Just got a call from a South African reporter wanting more information on the story. Says this story is of great interest to his environmentalist readers. Go figure.
I look at that photo of the ...
- Alberta resident: “Didn’t think it could get any worse than ex-Alberta ‘Justice’ Minister Jonathan Denis but appears our new Minister operates believing the Criminal Code of Canada and Charter of Rights are subservient to the Book of Mormon.” Democracy Watch urges ethics commission to investigate Alberta Justice Minister Doug Schweitzer for clearly violating conflict-of-interest law. Authorities shattering the ball, as usual.
“Justice” Minister Schweitzer and the rest in Alberta’s sleazy “justice” department also need to be fully investigated for their part in passing the buck repeatedly to no one in regards to the department and Alberta judges knowingly jailing innocent Albertans and subsequently trying to cover it up.
To deflect from The Fifth Estate’s recent courageous ...
- Scrubbadubbadub! Happy Frac’ing Holidays! Two earthquakes west of Alberta’s Fox Creek Frac Hub: 4.0M on Dec 25; 4.1M on Dec 30. Like a coronavirus, it spreads. Earthquakes Canada already scrubbed the 4.1M; nothing reported in the media or by AER, again. Too busy farting in Post Media’s War Room.
Comment from an Albertan: I guess one could say they are washing their hands, coughing into a sleeve and stifling the “sneezing.”
Alberta’s Fox Creek Frac Hub is shown by the endless blue blobs (earthquakes) spreading like a coronavirus. Yellow pins show the two new Happy Holiday quakes.
The Town of Fox Creek is little dot near ...
- Poisoned water & corporate greed: Attorney Robert Bilott on his 20-year battle against Dupont that inspired the film Dark Waters. Imagine if Ernst had strong ethical courageous moral steadfast lawyers like Mr. Bilott instead of weak betrayers Murray Klippenstein & Cory Wanless.
Comment from a citizen in BC:
Sounds like your experience. But, with caring lawyer.Not one candidate in last election knew of you or the madness of dissent you received from Supreme Cromwell and Rosa. Best https://www.democracynow.org/2020/1/23/tim_robbins_rob_billot_dark_waters
Comment from a ...
- Carlsbad, New Mexico: Oil patch produced water line bursts, sprays family, animals, home and road with potentially radioactive toxic fluids
Water pipeline explosion from oil, gas operation leaves Carlsbad family seeking answers, Produced water leak reported in Carlsbad by Adrian Hedden, Jan 21, 2020, Carlsbad Current-Argus
Carl George said he awoke to an explosion just feet from his house at 2:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 6200 block of South Thomason Road after a produced water line ...
- Smart Business Minister! UK Frac ban stays: “The only way it can be resumed is by compelling evidence which so far is not forthcoming.”
Business minister Kwasi Kwarteng has said fracking “for the time being is over” in the UK. by Tim Gavell, Jan 21, 2020, The Blackpool Gazette
In November, amid the general election campaign, the Government called a halt to fracking after research from the Oil and Gas Authority which raised concerns over the ability to predict fracking-linked ...
- The anatomy of a protest: Marie-Hélène Eddie, Moncton sociologist, researches New Brunswick frac protests for thesis at University of Ottawa
The anatomy of a protest: Moncton sociologist digs into Rexton shale gas protests, Moncton woman probes anti-shale gas activities in Kent County for sociology thesis in Ottawa by Jennifer Sweet, CBC News, Jan 18, 2020
Marie-Hélène Eddie analyzed New Brunswick’s anti-shale gas movement for her doctoral thesis in Ottawa. (Submitted)
It’s not often New Brunswickers unite around an ...
- Two workers, aged 23 & 26, hospitalized with head injuries after being struck by high pressure water line that blew off truck at West Virgina, Marshall County well pad
Two injured after industrial incident in Marshall County by Jaime Baker, January 22nd 2020, wtov9.com
MARSHALL COUNTY, W.Va. — Two men are hospitalized after an industrial accident at a Marshall County well pad on Wednesday.
The 911 call came in right before 11 a.m. from the scene just off Rines Ridge in Proctor.
The men were taken to area hospitals ...
- Contamination of US drinking water with manmade “forever chemicals” far worse than previously estimated reports EWG; White House and EPA tried to stop the report from being published.
US drinking water contamination with ‘forever chemicals’ far worse than scientists thought, Highest levels of PFAS in Miami, Philadelphia and New Orleans, report by environmental watchdog finds by Reuters, Jan 22, 2020, The Guardian
The contamination of US drinking water with manmade “forever chemicals” is far worse than previously estimated with some of the highest levels ...
- Edmonton-based research group Progress Alberta to Kenney’s Witch Hunt: Shut down your inquiry or the courts will shut it down for you.
Some juicy comments:
One wonders how long Alberta’s farmers & ranchers are going to endure the onslaught of climate change before turning on their oil soaked brethren.
If one wishes to sing in the Alberta UCP choir, then; one must sing the proscribed hymnals with the proper adoration, or risk being put on the official enemies list. ...
- To deflect from The Fifth Estate’s recent courageous brilliant reporting on Alberta “Justice” knowingly jailing innocent citizens? Water coolers & tissues removed from courtrooms to save $50,000. Killing Kenney’s stupid, ego-loaded War Room for one year would finance water in our courtrooms for 600 years!
Comment from an Albertan: No Kleenex?? Okay, people should just snort their snot on the floor. Almost makes you want to be in court.
Smells like this has nothing to do with saving money, what might be saved is a baby’s piss in the wind. It appears Alberta Justice wants to deflect from its own ...
- Any AIMCo body parts in this? Bonavista Announces Synergistic Asset Acquisition Accretive to its Debt Leverage.
Bonavista Announces Synergistic Asset Acquisition of Paramount by BOE Report, December 5, 2019
Calgary, Alberta – Bonavista Energy Corporation (TSX: BNP) (“Bonavista” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the acquisition of certain oil and liquids rich natural gas weighted properties (the “Acquired Assets”) located within our West Central Alberta core area (the “Acquisition“) which are ...
- Wilma Subra: An unstoppable pioneer in environmental chemistry and community advocacy, brings the harmed “effective tools to take on the toxic Goliaths as well the regulatory agencies and elected officials who try to look the other way.”
Wilma Subra: An unstoppable pioneer in environmental chemistry and community advocacy, Venerated in industrial fence-line communities, Wilma Subra covers the nation from New Iberia, Louisiana by Rick Mullin, Jan 17, 2020, Chemical & Engineering News
Credit: Rick Mullin/C&ENWilma Subra presents data at the kitchen table, an island of open space in a sea of documentation at Subra ...
- America’s Radioactive Secret: Oil & gas wells produce nearly a trillion gallons of toxic waste a year in America. It could be making workers sick and contaminating communities (in Canada too). “Us bringing this stuff to the surface is like letting out the devil … It is just madness.”
Holy shit, that’s hair-raising reading. Appalling! Horrifying! Slowly kill unsuspecting workers and residents, “generously” donate old pipes for kids’ playgrounds, irreparably pollute waterways, … all to maximize profits. Money trumps people, every single time. The CEOs and top administrators of all these companies should be forced to have brine enemas at least once a week. ...
- Alberta: AGS confirms frac’ing caused 4.18M earthquake that rattled many homes from Sylvan Lake to Red Deer last March, knocked out power to 4,600 customers, and caused subsequent 3.13M and smaller cluster of quakes. “Complaints of damage from the event were received.” And a water well was damaged by frac’ing near Sylvan.
At the time of the frac quake, Geological Survey of Canada said frac’ing didn’t do it.
Vesta Energy Ltd update on 4.6M fracquake near Red Deer March 4, 2019 that knocked out power to 4,600 Fortis Alberta customers, some reports of damage including to home driveway and underground electrical line.
Finally reported in Calgary Herald on ...
- Landowner Vicky Simlik: Living frac’d in Farmington, NE BC. They frac you again, and again, and again, and again. The frac quakes harm you & your home again, and again, and again.
This is heart breaking anguish to read and post. I cannot stop thinking of the frac quake damages underground (of course not visible) and how much gas is migrating to surface, into and around the Simlik home. Is the gas sour? There are acid gas injection sites nearby so lots of sour gas – Farmington ...
- Why Encana Corp. Is Just a Big Disappointment; Stock price tanked 80% in the last 10 years
Why Encana Corp. (TSX:ECA) Is Just a Big Disappointment by Karen Thomas, MSc, CFA, June 13, 2019, The Motely Fool
Encana Corp. (TSX:ECA) has taken many forms and variations in its decades long history. Many of these forms have been grossly mistimed and misinformed, leaving Encana and its shareholders on a disappointing path, stomaching value ...
- AER laid five environmental and conservation-related charges against Tourmaline Oil and spinoff Topaz Energy Corp., and three charges against CWC Energy Services for knowingly leaking sour gas (H2S) “that impacted human health” in 2018 near Spirit River, Alberta. Court hearing Feb 19, 2020 in Grand Prairie. Why no charges against Encana, now Ovintiv, for its illegal sour gas venting near Rosebud and illegally operating a sour gas facility and wells as sweet?
Comment added Nov 3, 2020: As of today, AER has not yet posted an update, not even if the harmed have recovered. That’s mighty irresponsible, but typical of the oil patch pollution enabling AER. And so far, silence from the court. Is the Alberta court competing with Supreme Court of Canada taking a year to ...
- Greed greed greed: Another 600 jobs cut in Houston oil patch
In Texas, energy companies cut nearly 6,000 jobs over past four months. In western Canada, Husky cutting hundreds of jobs, most cuts in Calgary. Kenney’s $4.5 billion in corporate tax cuts obviously not enough to feed the greed.
Apache, 2 other Houston oil companies cut nearly 600 jobs by Jordan Blum, Jan. 9, 2020, Houston ...
- Unpaid taxes from oil & gas companies “refusing” to pay their bills in Alberta doubles. $173M in property taxes currently owed to rural municipalities, a $92M increase from last March.
Rural Alberta claims oil and gas companies owe $173 million in unpaid taxes by Dustin Cook, Jan 20, 2020, Calgary Herald
Unpaid property taxes from oil and gas companies spiked by 114 per cent within the last year, claims the group representing rural counties and municipal districts.
Roughly $173 million in property taxes is currently owed ...
- New Study: Air pollution from oil and gas production sites visible from space; US and European satellites help scientists measure nitrogen dioxide, a lung-irritating air pollutant, from drilling, production and flaring.
Air pollution from oil and gas production sites visible from space by Science Daily, January 15, 2020
US and European satellites help scientists measure nitrogen dioxide from drilling, production and flaring.
Oil and gas production has doubled in some parts of the United States in the last two years, and scientists can use satellites to see ...
- Meet “NoHIT.” More toxic brew to be intentionally injected into our environment to feed the “brute force and ignorant” frac experiment? Chemical company, TenEx Technologies, has scary idea to inject aluminum and who knows what else to prevent ‘frac hits’
Frac hits are also called “communication events.”
Chemical company offers solution to ‘frac hits’ by Mella McEwen, Jan 16, 2020, Reporter-Telegram
It’s an issue Permian Basin oil and gas operators have been grappling with as they drill wells in tighter and tighter quarters: How to keep hydraulic fracturing of the newer or “child” wells from interfering or ...
- Is LNG safe? Three injured, hospitalized, one with critical burns in massive LNG explosion in Westmoreland Co, Pa.
Officials: Three injured in massive explosion are improving by Rich Lord, Jan 18, 2020, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Three people injured in a massive tanker truck explosion at a Westmoreland County commercial garage appeared to be out of immediate danger by Saturday afternoon, according to an emergency official.
“As of right now, all three are in moderate condition. ...
- Schlumberger posts $10.1 billion loss in 2019 compared with $2.2 billion profit in 2018; even with revenue of $32.9 billion compared with $32.8 billion in 2018, an increase of 0.3 percent.
Schlumberger posts $10.1 billion loss in 2019 by Sergio Chapa, Jan. 17, 2020, Houston Chronicle
Schlumberger, the largest oil-field services company, is responding to the ongoing shale slump by selling underperforming businesses, stacking frac fleets, closing locations and laying off employees.
The company reported a $10.1 billion loss in 2019 compared with a $2.2 billion profit in ...
- Jan 25, 2020, Youngstown Ohio: “Big Oil’s Dangerous Secret.” Rolling Stone Magazine Science Journalist Justin Nobel and City Senior Battalion Chief Sil Caggiano to Present Crucial Information on Harms of Radioactive Oil & Gas Waste
Rolling Stone Magazine Journalist Justin Nobel and Youngstown City Senior Battalion Chief Sil Caggiano to Expose Harms of Radioactive Oil/Gas Waste Press Release by Ohio Community Rights Network, January 15, 2020
Youngstown State University Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences
Youngstown, OH: ...
- Excellent letter by John Scull: “How can fracking be part of the “Clean BC” plan? How can police action against First Nations be consistent with the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People?”
NDP support of fracking/LNG industry a shame, Many people are turning their backs on yesterday’s destructive technology by John Scull, Duncan, Jan. 17, 2020, Cowichan Valley Citizen
The BC NDP government has mimicked the policies of their BC Liberal opponents in supporting the fracking/LNG industry with permits and tax reductions. As I write, RCMP are excluding ...
- BC Hydro safety expert repeatedly warned bosses about frac risk to dams, FOI documents show, Utility says concerns are overblown, despite warnings from its own specialist
Think the higher ups at BC Hydro give a damn (pun intended) about harms to the public from frac quakes impacting Site C dam? Even the feds are in on the frac quake cover-up!
What the Frac Hell is going on in Canada! 3.9M earthquake west of Frac’d Crazy Fox Creek Alberta reported by Earthquakes ...
- If only the porn hackers had targeted Kenney’s war room or AER instead; they wouldn’t have had to change anything, since their work is obscene anyway!
Alberta government website domain hijacked by porn hacker by Bill Kaufmann, Jan 15, 2020, Calgary Herald
Online porn-seekers might have been surprised to find their efforts hooking them up with an Alberta government website domain, say provincial officials.
They say a hacker had defaced the alberta.ca domain by replacing content with links to commercial and pornographic ...
- The insanely polluting leaking oil & gas industry! New paper on methane leak detection & repair: More than 1,600 leaks & vents at only 36 sites in NW Alberta. Think of the cumulative pollution, community poisoning and public health harms, notably as more and more companies, enabled by politicians (industry’s maids), regulators and courts, use bankruptcy to avoid clean up.
How many decades have companies, their lobby groups like CAPP, synergized NGOs, regulators and politicians lied to the public, pimping natural gas as a clean and green “bridge fuel” while downplaying the leaks, dangers, and public health harms?
All surveys were performed at facilities operated by Seven Generations Energy Ltd. (henceforth 24 “the company”) in the ...
- Kenney’s Energy War Room: “Cease Fire!”
Too funny! Too accurate! Too brilliant! Too perfect! Thank you, Mr. Mayes!
Cease Fire Cartoon by Malcolm Mayes, Edmonton Journal, January 2020
- Invasion: In an Era of Reconciliation, Indigenous Land is Being Taken at Gunpoint (2019). Jim Miles: “Powerful video – should be viewed widely. The British imperial colonial-settler policies live on through our courts and our para-militarized police.”
Freda Huson: “I’m pissed!”
“Your law can bend the rules to let somebody come in and destroy our land and get you guys to help them. If it was your house, you’d feel the same if the same vandals keep coming and wrecking your shit…No where in the injunction does it tell them they ...
- Alberta senior to Jason Kenney: “Keep your criminal little fingers off my CPP pension!!”
I don’t want Kenney taking my CPP either. It will most likely end up going to AIMCo to invest in bankrupt frac companies poisoning communities and our environment.
Subject: What’s This Kenney Government Costing Us In Honoriums ?? Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 11:12:01 -0700 From: ...
- Queensland, Australia: Town of Stanthorpe runs out of water but frac’ers keep frac’ing; Trucked water costing $800,000 a month, 14 vehicles haul 42 truckloads, 130-km round trip. Ernst’s roundtrip to haul water is 100 km, which Alberta and Wheatland County make her pay herself, after the authorities enabled Encana’s illegal fresh water aquifer fracs
A lot of industry’s frac’d gas wells are leaking flammable methane in Australia (everywhere the industry operates actually).
How much is the oil and gas industry directly causing/contributing to wildfires in BC, Alberta, California, Australia, etc, because of spills; leaks at wells/facilities; millions of fracs and refracs causing gases to leak to surface outside of ...
- BlackRock, world’s largest fund manager with nearly $7 trillion in investments, plans to offer new funds that shun fossil fuel-oriented stocks, could put pressure on other large money managers to follow suit. It’s strictly business.
No wonder: World’s Biggest Fund Manager, BlackRock, lost $90 Billion investing in fossil fuel companies over last decade
BlackRock C.E.O. Larry Fink: Climate Crisis Will Reshape Finance, In his influential annual letter to chief executives, Mr. Fink said his firm would avoid investments in companies that “present a high sustainability-related risk.” by Andrew Ross Sorkin, Jan ...
- Why isn’t Kenney’s War Room & Witch Hunt investigating & harassing Encana, 80 per cent foreign-funded, illegal aquifer frac’er?
Encana gets shareholders’ approval to move base to United States by Kevin Orland, Jan 14, 2020, Bloomberg in Calgary Herald
Calgary-based Encana Corp. won investors’ approval to relocate to the U.S. and change its name to Ovintiv, a plan that has dented morale in Canada’s beleaguered energy industry.
About 90 per cent of security holders voted in ...
- Oil & gas lobbyists feel the heat on the industry’s pollution-caused global warming, but remain committed to misleading the public. Wow, just wow.
Cenovus embraces net-zero emissions goal as carbon becomes competitive yardstick
Cenovus Sets Bold Sustainability Targets
Well cleanup in the cards after Alberta energy company announces plans
Cenovus aims for ‘net zero’ GHG emissions by 2050 Way too late, even if it were possible.
Oil’s slick rebranding is more like disinformation by Chris Tomlinson, Jan. 10, 2020, Houston Chronicle
Oil and gas lobbyists are finally ...
- UCP set to overhaul oilpatch liability rules for law-violating, lying AER to ignore, as usual, obeying Big Daddy CAPP that ex-Encana VP, ex-AER Chair Gerard Protti created.
Never mind the known hundreds of billions of dollars in oil patch liabilities, who is going to pay to repair the many frac’d aquifers, poisoned water wells, lakes and rivers, remove the toxic waste companies have been happily and greedily dumping on pastures and farm land for years, with govt and “regulator” blessings?
Some excellent comments ...
- MUST READ: “For the Wet’suwet’en and Gitxsan peoples, justice has been denied. What else is new?”
Some of the many Wet’suwet’en suppporters on January 10, 2020:
Calgary, Trans Canada Tower
For the Wet’suwet’en and Gitxsan peoples, justice has been denied. What else is new? by Stephen O’Neill, Jan 9, 2020, The Globe and Mail
The Honourable Stephen O’Neill was a judge on the Ontario Superior Court of Justice from 1999 to 2015 and ...
- USA: Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals Vacates Permit for Atlantic Coast Pipeline Compressor Station in Union Hill: “Environmental justice is not merely a box to be checked, and the Board’s failure to consider the disproportionate impact on those closest…resulted in a flawed analysis”
Rosebud and many other frac’d communities in Alberta and BC are surrounded by dozens of frac’d gas compressor stations, many of them Encana’s: polluting, invading, weedy, disrespectful, ugly pieces of shit noise-makers.
For an excellent article on Encana’s nasty compressor impact tricks, read Andrew Nikiforuk’s excellent 2005 article in Report on Business: Life in a Science ...
- Nasty Coastal GasLink! Nasty BC Supreme Court! Nasty RCMP! Update by Unist’ot’en Camp
A few excellent comments to the Herald article below:
What a laugh – to suggest that we are lily white and that our oil and gas industry is somehow better, that we listen to all voices more, than other jurisdictions. The difference between us and those places where regulations are tighter and where fracking, for ...
- Gidimt’en spokesperson Sleydo’, a.k.a. Molly Wickham, accuses RCMP of acting as mercenaries for industry, “We are still being threatened with violence, death, and the removal of our children for simply existing on our lands and following our laws”
Comment by Andrew Williams:
The behaviour of the RCMP is extremely disturbing, but not out of character. They have been used in the past to remove forcibly indigenous children from their homes and arrest parents who resisted; they have hauled Tahltan granneis off their ancestral lands when they protested industrial developments; and they have arrested peaceful ...
- J Hill: “Who would have thought that the once proud RCMP would have become corporate contract killers?” Chief Na’Moks: “We will never, ever forget what happened on this day last year. It goes into Wet’suwet’en history. It goes into British Columbia history. It goes into Canadian history, and it is implanted for us forever.”
Comment to the Tyee article below:
Coastal Gas & LNG Canada have enough cash to divert a pipeline around the West’sueten land.
With B.C. sill in the throes of land claims settlements (which at the current pace are likely to go on for generations) indigenous rights must be respected.
‘The World Is Watching’: Wet’suwet’en Chiefs Call for ...
- Jan 18, 2020: Free Public Lecture by Law Prof Martin Olszynski “Alberta’s Underfunded Environmental Liabilities: Inactive Wells and Oil Sands Tailings”
SMLS Public Lecture- Alberta’s Underfunded Environmental Liabilities Jan 18, 2020, by Canadian Institute of Resources Law
Date And Time
Sat, 18 January 2020
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM MST
Murray Fraser Hall, Room MFH 3360
Faculty of Law, University of Calgary
2800 University Way NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1N4
The Canadian Institute of Resources Law invites you to attend a ...
- Happy New Year! “Merriest fossil fuel stories” of 2019 show frac industry melting down. Roaring 20s speed into “tragedy on the horizon” where investments could “go to zero quickly.” Vital warning for AIMCo by Bank of England Governor Mark Carney: Pension funds could be hit by ‘worthless’ fossil fuels
Bank of England head: Pension funds could be hit by ‘worthless’ fossil fuels by Oscar Williams-Grut, Yahoo Finance UK, December 30, 2019
Bank of England governor Mark Carney has warned pension funds they could be stung as fossil fuels investments become “worthless” over time.
Carney said in an interview on BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme on Monday ...
- Kenney’s royal Clusterfuck War Room rages idiotically on with new buffoonery: CEC reportedly hiring Deborah Jaremko, worst oil and gas propagandist after CAPP, Steve Harper and Jason Kenney, as “content editor.” Pfffffffffft! I can’t stop laughing!
This cartoon is too accurate! It’s outrageous that Kenney has not shut down his immensely stupid, big ego room.
UNBELIEVABLE DISRESPECT! WELL, AS THEY SAY, YOU CAN’T FIX STUPID: War room will keep second logo, push on with research and response work, says CEO, The chief commander of Alberta’s oil and gas war room says its ...
- All Eyes on Wet’suwet’en: International Call for Week of Solidarity! Canada’s “Rule of Law” exposes it’s public interest harming, corporate interest protecting, dark underbelly – again. Thank all that is good: ***Unist’ot’en evict Coastal Gaslink from their Territory*** and Hereditary Chiefs of all 5 Wet’suwet’en clans reject BC Supreme Court Justice Marguerite Church’s decision, which criminalizes Anuk ‘nu’at’en (Wet’suwet’en law)!
Comment by Jan Steinman to the Tyee article below:
I’m not surprised at the BC Supreme Court ruling. It is chock-a-block full of Harper appointees.
[Seven out of nine of the Supreme Court of Canada justices who ruled in Ernst vs AER (seriously jeopardizing it) and intentionally published smears and lies about Ernst, were also appointed ...
- All in the Protti Family? What are the connections between law-violating CSIS, law-violating Encana, propagadist big oil lobby group CAPP, law-violating EUB/ERCB/AER and the big banks?
Civil servant heads banking group, Former CSIS head Raymond Protti (Gerry Protti’s brother) was named as new president of the CBA by Bertand Marotte, March 23, 1996, The Vanvouver Sun
A little history on Raymond’s brother, Gerard (Gerry) Protti:
Notably, Gerry Protti was involved in the corrupt ICORE clan at the AER with Jim Ellis and others:
- Alberta’s war room not only spins, it misuses citizens; Canadian Association of Journalists calls UCP propaganda war room out for calling its spinners journalists.
Excellent comment to the Alberta Politics article:
MAGDAI think the War Room is turning out to be a splendid thing. They can’t go five minutes without stepping on their dicks and making the O&G sector in Alberta look stupid. An “interview” with a chef that no one reads and a rebuttal from the chef – including ...
- Hey KopyKatKenney, Tom Olsen, Matt Wolf et al! Wanna be war room heros? Copy logos quick ‘n easy! No more logo a no-go!
Energy War Room Logo Generator by Goat – a Design Agency, December 2019.
Are you a publicly-funded entity with a multi-million dollar budget looking for a new logo? Just use this logo generator to create an original*, brand-aligned visual identity, then use our proprietary Design Rationale tool to explain your decision to the public!
- 2nd logo for Kenney/CAPP’s $30 Million money-laundering “disproving true facts” war room run amuck. ATK Technologies Inc. threatens to sue: “This is our intellectual property”
🇮🇪 megsywatt@megawatt2011 replying to @ABWarRoom: Wow, who needs satire these days?
Second logo for Alberta’s energy war room comes under fire from U.S. tech firm by Bill Kaufmann, Dec 27, 2019, Calgary Herald
For the second time this month, the Canadian Energy Centre war room’s choice of a corporate logo has run into possible flak.
A California-based software ...
- Steam-assisted oil recovery: Riskier than fracking?
Steam-assisted oil recovery: Riskier than fracking? by Marie Lakin, Dec. 28, 2019, VC Star
In June 2011, a sinkhole of super-heated earth opened up and swallowed an oilfield worker in Kern County. That field had been producing heavy oil for decades utilizing a high-pressure production technique of water heated by natural gas and injected into the ...
- Happy Christmas! Twenty years later, polluters still rule Canada and abuse Canadians
- Christmas shit show in Wyoming: State “regulator” report, funded by Encana, says no evidence Pavillion drinking water contaminated by fracking. We could have saved Encana $1.5 Million, told the state we knew years ago they’d let Encana off with a fat, wordy (4,228 pages!!) blame nature report (just like Alberta did)
What “regulator” allows a polluter to study water or pay others to study water polluted by the polluter?
Why release this report the day before Christmas Eve? Because Encana and the regulator know no one will read it and thus not see the garbage in it? To further abuse the already heinously abused by Encana and ...
- Analyzing Alberta’s “gooey delusion of perpetual oil revenue.” Robyn Allen: Globe and Mail columnist Robyn Urback sends wrong message characterizing Albertans as helplessly bullied, “Jobs are disappearing because oil producers have accelerated their strategy of displacing workers with technology.” … “Big Oil seems to have decided Alberta’s males are disposable. “
ANALYZING ALBERTA: ‘Big Oil seems to have decided Alberta’s males are disposable.’ Readers debate the source of Alberta’s economic downturn Dec 21, 2019, The Globe and Mail
Re We Ignore Alberta Anxiety At Our Peril (Opinion, Dec. 14): The locus of anxiety is clear: Columnist Robyn Urback writes that male youth unemployment in Alberta is more than 50 ...
- Updated with some frac’d academia details. Jeremy Klazsus on Jason Kenney’s Year Of Attack. Alvin Finkel: “I would characterize this era as a kind of massive fraud that’s being perpetuated on the people of Alberta.”
Excellent comments to Edmonton Journal article on the war room’s first attack of an individual Canadian, Mr. Steven Lee:
Abdul SidibeThis is a classic example of government overreach and abuse power by the UCP. That no one in the province can raise money and do environmental advocacy is just a preposterous position to hold. I have ...
- Congratulations Mr. Steven Lee! KKKenney’s & industry’s intent with Alberta’s idiotic cowardly plagarizing war room is to scare courageous intelligent outspoken Canadians like you into silence. Keep going and thank you! Your work is fabulous and direly needed.
From Mr. Lee’s website:
Foundation for Environmental Stewardship (FES) is a youth-led, youth-serving sustainable development organization. FES is a not-for-profit corporation whose registered charity number is 801430307 RR0001. FES is an accredited organization by the United Nations and has a special consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations.
‘Intimidating:’ Alberta’s ...
- Oh Racist Fascist Canada! Too late, again. Democracy is dead.
Comment to the Tyee article on this by Kevin barker:
I asked the cops about that: .
“The RCMP are not a paramilitary organization.” “So who were the guys with the machine guns and sunglasses?” “RCMP” “But you just said …” “Screw off or I’ll run ya in for obstructing…”
RCMP Planned to Use Snipers in Assault on ...
- Pennsylvania: Frac’ing under investigation following surge of rare cancer cases
First, read this:
2016: The Most Horrific Frac Deregulation Yet? US EPA preparing for “widespread” radioactive frac waste contamination of drinking water or because it’s already happened? EPA’s proposed “protective regulation” to allow dramatically higher levels of radioactivity in drinking water
2016: US EPA Takes Frac Deregulation to the Extreme: California and EPA Poised to Increase Oil ...
- Hey KopyKatKenney War Room! Make the logo round — like a pipe you dummies! Logo Next up – Nike’s.
ANNALS OF THE ENERGY WAR ROOM: SQUARE-PIPELINE LOGO TO BE DUMPED LIKE A BAD FIRST DATE by DAVID CLIMENHAGA, Dec 20, 2019, Alberta Politics
The Alberta Energy War Room’s logo will be unceremoniously dumped like a bad first date.
It turns out the iconic square-pipeline symbol that was supposedly rustled up just for Canadian Energy Centre Ltd., ...
- Oh Racist Colonial Canada: As vile under Trudeau as Harper! Police prepared to shoot Wet’suwet’en land defenders; Documents show Commanders argued “lethal overwatch is req’d” – a term for deploying snipers – like in Elsipotog in 2013. RCMP commanders also instructed officers to “use as much violence toward the gate as you want.” PS Merry Christmas.
Exclusive: Canada police prepared to shoot Indigenous activists, documents show, Notes from strategy session for raid on Wet’suwet’en nation’s ancestral lands show commanders argued for ‘lethal overwatch’ by Jaskiran Dhillon in Wet’suwet’en territory and Will Parrish, 20 Dec 2019, The Guardian
Canadian police were prepared to shoot Indigenous land defenders blockading ...
- Alberta’s “Logo a no-go” Tom Olsen (salary $195,000.00 a year) tries to bring “measured tone” to Alberta’s War Room and to “correct” Jeremy Appel’s excellent Opinion Piece in Medicine Hat News. Olsen fails, miserably. Must read review of Olsen’s attempt by David Climenhaga! (I’ll be laughing for days!)
Thank you David Climenhaga! (I’ll be laughing for days!)
2019 07 12: Jason Kenney’s (CAPP et al’s) War Room swamped by fightin’ mad Albertans falling for lies & propaganda instead of looking honestly at industry’s greed-induced “de-manning” killing jobs & causing their suffering
2019 12 17: Downstream of oilsands, death by cancer comes too often [Excellent ...
- My condolences on this slight, seems Canada’s Supreme Court has no integrity or courage. It appears our court is afraid of big kahunas, the big frac’ers, will not hear appeal by Calgary-based Packers Plus Energy Services Inc.
Supreme Court dismisses appeal in long-running oilpatch technology fight by The Canadian Press, Dec 19, 2019, 660CityNews
CALGARY — A long-running court battle over who owns a well-completion technology that helped usher in the shale oil and gas boom in North America has ended.
The Supreme Court of Canada says it will not hear an appeal by ...
- Another Canadian Clusterfuck: Too funny! Kopy Kat Kenney copied U.S. software giant’s logo for his propaganda war room. How many millions of dollars will “Logo a no-go” cost? Guffaw!
Definition clus·ter·fuck: /ˈkləstərˌfək/
“a disastrously mishandled situation or undertaking.”
Canadian Energy Centre changing logo following backlash by Tom Ross with files from The Canadian Press, Dec 19, 2019, 660CityNews
(CREDIT: Canadian Energy Centre, Facebook)
CALGARY (660 NEWS) – Alberta’s Canadian Energy Centre is changing its logo, just one week after they launched.
The centre released a statement Thursday afternoon saying ...
- Canadian Clusterfuck! SNC Lavalin happily pleads guilty to escape most charges. *Justice* is pissed on again. When will Gwyn Morgan (ex SNC Lavalin Chair, ex Encana CEO) be held accountable for the crimes under his leadership? And why is Canadian media glorifying perfidious ex-AG Jody Wilson-Raybould?
SNC-Lavalin (Gwyn Morgan Chairman SNC Lavalin and Director of Encana, was CEO when the company intentionally and illegally frac’d Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers) paid $160-million in Libyan bribes, RCMP says
2013: Legal counsel for SNC Lavalin chairman Gwyn Morgan, issues cease and desist letter to website bearing the same name”
Gwyn Morgan This excellent website is ...
- Encana, one of the world’s 47 most polluting companies, named “morally responsible” for death & destruction; First time a human rights body stated fossil fuel companies can be found legally and morally liable for harms linked to climate change.
Oilsands Firms ‘Morally Responsible’ for Deaths and Destruction from Climate Disasters, Greenpeace’s Yeb Saño explains what a Philippines human rights investigation means for the fossil fuel industry in Canada by Geoff Dembicki, Dec 18, 2019, TheTyee.ca
Geoff Dembicki reports for The Tyee. His work also appears in Vice, Foreign Policy and the New York Times.
Four years ago, ...