- The Hanky Panky Continues! Kenney’s newly named War Room, “Alberta Energy Information Centre,” gets another new name: “Canadian Energy Centre” and it sounds like AER’s/Jim Ellis’ ICORE on steroids! UCP failed candidate, Tom Olsen, hired as manager, reportedly to get $195,000.00 salary. “Spin pays big time in Alberta.”
Alberta ‘war room’ incorporated as Canadian Energy Centre to paint positive picture of energy sector by Kieran Leavitt, Oct 9, 2019, Star Edmonton
The United Conservative information “war room” boasts a fresh name as the Canadian Energy Centre now that it’s been made a corporation by the Alberta government.
The operation was incorporated on Wednesday and ...
- “Global oil and gas industry is automating and digitizing heavily to cut costs.” Around 7,000 fewer workers on Alberta oil and gas drilling rigs compared to 2018: ATB Financial
Comment with posting this article on ASRG FB page:
Grant ColliesAs a landowner this is welcome news, maybe I can save at least one quarter on land being uncontaminated by industry.
Canadian drilling activity at more than 25-year low: Peters & Co. by Deborah Jaremko, Oct. 9, 2019, JWN
Drilling activity in Western Canada is currently depressed at ...
- Updated with comments. Lacombe Alberta: Herr Lecturer, Journalist Andrew Nikiforuk, warns $260B worth of oil and gas industry liabilities could be dumped on taxpayers. “Most companies that have gone into fracking are short of cash, highly indebted and barely making a go of it.”
- No one wants your frack salt! Antero Closes $300 Million Clearwater Facility to Re-evaluate Waste Water Processing
Antero Closes Clearwater Facility to Re-evaluate Local Frack Water Processing by Duane Nichols, Sept. 25, 2019, frackcheckwv
Antero Idles $300 Million Clearwater Facility
From an Article of WBOY News 12, Clarksburg, September 18, 2019
CLARKSBURG, W.Va. – Antero Resources has idled a $300 million water treatment facility on the Doddridge/Ritchie county line, company officials said Wednesday.
The shutdown of the Antero ...
- It’s not just Greta Thunberg: why are we ignoring the developing world’s inspiring activists? Because they’re not white?
It’s not just Greta Thunberg: why are we ignoring the developing world’s inspiring activists? Young people in the global south have been tackling the climate crisis for years. They should be celebrated too by Chika Unigwe, Oct 5, 2019, The Guardian
Kenyan 2004 Nobel peace prize winner and environmentalist Wangari Maathai. Photograph: Antony Njuguna/Reuters
Ridhima Pandey ...
- Pennsylvania: Grant Township vs DEP legal battle over drilling & frac’ing waste water continues. “The waste contains radioactive material and unknown chemicals. The regulations are failing our people.”
Legal battle continues over drilling and fracking wastewater well by Don Hopey, Oct 5, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Grant Township, a tiny, rolling swath of rural Indiana County, doesn’t trust the state Department of Environmental Protection to protect the water wells of its 700 residents.
That much was clear at Friday’s Commonwealth Court hearing in Pittsburgh where the ...
- Someone else suing the Hanky-Panky-infested AER? Will Steve Allan, Witchin’ Snitcher Collector, investigate?
Will Mr. Allan, Kenney’s Witch Hunt Inquiry Commissioner and previous Director of Compton Petroleum, investigate why the past AER Chair, Ms. Shiela O’Brian, sought “Board Legal Advice” from Mr. Glenn Solomon? (aka “take-the-money-and-potable-water through a tank-system-forever” when an oil company contaminates your drinking water, to make “you shut up” and “the regulators stay off our ...
- Canada: Federal Election Options
“Think I’ll vote for the bear…”
Cartoon above in Revelstoke Review, Oct 3, 2019
“Apparently butter tarts are an option.”
daanis vote selection photo above on Twitter, Oct 3, 2019
- WV: Rig ‘n Frac Noise Irks Residents in Bethany
Fracking Noise Irks Residents in Bethany by Alan Olson, Oct 5, 2019, The Intelligencer
While fracking has stopped for the season at the Sam Jones well pad in Bethany, local residents have complained of excessive drilling noise from the machinery at the site.
City officials are hoping to work with Southwestern Energy to provide better relief from ...
- Kenney’s $30 Million Bunker Hit by Bombshell! Alberta Auditor General report on investigation results into Energy Regulator’s global propaganda machine ICORE: AER inappropriately spent money on matters outside its mandate. Wrongfully used $5.4 Million of **industry’s** money! Includes investigation reports by Ethics & Public Interest Commissioners on ex CEO Jim Ellis.
This post is for Diana and her children.
Kenney govt replacing the Board will do nothing to fix the malignancy that is industry’s darling, the AER/ERCB/EUB/ERCB. By appointing Bev Yee, known industry crime cover-upper, Chair of the AER, govt knows the “regulator” will just protect polluters more, deregulate more, lie more, enable multinationals to cause more ...
- “Science requires evidence. Maybe if industry willingly divulged all chemicals and products they put into the Earth in process of fracking, that would be a good step toward receiving the evidence.”
Harmful to Earth by Bob LaMar, Downtown, OCT 3, 2019, Pittsburgh Post Gazette
I’m writing in response to the Sept. 28 letter “Real Connection” by Jordan McGillis of the Institute for Energy Research in Washington, D.C.
The letter points out that science requires evidence. Maybe if the industry willingly divulged all of the chemicals and products that ...
- Scottish govt confirmed it will not allow frac’ing; “does not support the development of unconventional oil and gas”
Scottish government confirms ‘no fracking’ policy by BBC News, Oct 3, 2019
The Scottish government has confirmed its policy of not allowing fracking.
Energy Minister Paul Wheelhouse told MSPs that the existing block on unconventional oil and gas development would continue indefinitely.
He said the controversial extraction technique was “incompatible” with the government’s policies to tackle climate change.
- Frac-Harmed Pennsylvania gets “criminal investigations” into the regulatory fraud, corruption and cover-up (eg turning post-pollution water test data into “baseline”). Frac-Harmed Alberta gets oil patch led Witch Snitch & Kenney’s Kopy Kat War Room, both with boasted intent to harm those concerned with life-threatening pollution, even though AER, Alberta Environment, Alberta Research Council (now Alberta Innovates) and Alberta politicians also engaged in fraud, corruption and cover-up.
Deputy Environment Minister Bev Yee – who helped cover-up Encana’s crimes: diverting water without required permit under Water Act, illegal aquifer fracs, community-wide drinking water contamination & exploding water tower – appointed by Alberta gov’t to chair the AER in “steps to clean house.”
Oh Dirty Canada! National Energy Board (NEB), led by corporate crime cover-upper ...
- Another frac dust biter? Calgary-based Bellatrix Exploration Ltd. (of Diana Daunheimer lawsuit fame) seeks buyer as part of court-supervised restructuring. Given level of debt, no assurance creditors’ claims will be satisfied. When will courts order companies to “restructure” frac’d environments, families, lands, farms, waterways, aquifers, exploded water towers, etc?
Ian Jessop interviews Diana Daunheimer about omnipotent, propagandizing AER and her lawsuit against Bellatrix (previously Angle Energy) for harming her family by hydraulic fracturing
MUST LISTEN! Ian Jessop Interviews Diana Daunheimer on nasty attempt by Bellatrix/Angle Energy to kill her frac lawsuit by demanding $33,000 Security of Costs and more, to pay the company’s legal fees ...
- FracTracker Alliance Announces 2019 Sentinel Award Winners
Announcing the 2019 Sentinel Award Winners by FracTracker Alliance, September 25, 2019
Congratulations to the winners of this year’s Community Sentinel Award for Environmental Stewardship! After being nominated by peers this summer, recipients were selected by a committee of five community defense leaders and environmental champions from around the country.
Read brief descriptions of these inspiring individuals ...
- Pennsylvania: Greene County leads state in child cancer admissions
Greene leads state in child cancer admissions, report states by Rick Shrum, Oct 1, 2019, Greene County Messenger
All cancer diagnoses are daunting, but they are especially horrific when the disease is detected in children. And, according to a report released today, that is happening frequently in the state.
The Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council ...
- Mega list of bankrupt companies! Kenney’s $30 Million McCarthyism War Room renamed “Alberta Energy Information Centre” (AER’s 100%-industry-funded ass): PetroPimps’ Propaganda Hanky Panky Bunker to Spy ‘n Lie for CAPP ‘n Koch ‘n Encana ‘n Harper? Just New West Partnership cont’d?
~ Kopy Kat Kenney ~
Today!!! Another frac dust biter? Calgary-based Bellatrix Exploration Ltd. (of Diana Daunheimer lawsuit fame) seeks buyer as part of court-supervised restructuring. Given level of debt, no assurance creditors’ claims will be satisfied
2007: Integrity on the rocks, outgoing EUB Chairman Neil McCrank’s new job reviewing his own work [EUB was ERCB, also became ERCB, ...
- Oklahoma Kingfisher-Blaine County line: Another frac hit? Industry-caused damaging earthquake? Officials believe related to oil & gas industry: 3,000 gallons “highly toxic saltwater bubbling to surface every day.” Regulator: “Something you never want to see, is something bubbling to surface like this.”
Mysterious saltwater purge causing concerns near Kingfisher-Blaine County line by Kate Smith, Sept 26, 2019, Oklahoma’s News4
At Min 1:46, one can see the toxic water splashing:
Saltwater bubbling up from the earth and nobody can figure out where it’s coming from. Officials believe it’s related to oil and gas operations in the area.
A spokesperson with the ...
- Non-Disclosure Agreements “are, indeed, an ugly instrument.”
We cannot insist that sexual assault survivors ‘go public’ by Emma Phillips, Sept 25, 2019, The Globe and Mail
[But humans must insist that gag orders used by corporations to cover-up their crimes, pollution and harms, and ordered by judges to enable the cover-ups, are made illegal. Such gag orders, especially when ordered by judges, knowingly ...
- UK: Cuadrilla moving out! “Frack Free Lancashire is delighted to learn that 35 days after they caused a 2.9ML earthquake which shook the Fylde and the confidence of their investors, Cuadrilla are finally demobilising…. The seismic activity which they provoked has not stopped though, with the 133rd event being recorded on Saturday, five weeks after they last fracked.”
Cuadrilla ends 2019 fracking plans by Emily Gosden, October 1 2019, The Times UKCuadrilla’s experimental fracking operation near Blackpool has provoked fierce opposition and protests from local people
No more fracking is expected to take place in Britain this year after Cuadrilla Resources said that it was removing equipment at the UK’s only active site. ...
- Available Oct 1, 2019: Rachel Maddow’s “Blowout, Corrupted Democracy, Rogue State Russia, and the Richest, Most Destructive Industry on Earth”
Blowout, Corrupted Democracy, Rogue State Russia, and the Richest, Most Destructive Industry on Earth by Rachel Maddow, Oct 1, 2019, ISBN 9780525575474, penguinrandomhouse.com
ABOUT BLOWOUTBig Oil and Gas Versus Democracy—Winner Take All
In 2010, the words “earthquake swarm” entered the lexicon in Oklahoma. That same year, a trove of Michael Jackson memorabilia—including his iconic crystal-encrusted white glove—was ...
- Jason Kenney gives multi-billion dollar profiting companies a taxpayer-funded war room to abuse citizens concerned about industry’s rampant life-threatening pollution: Suncor tarsands revenue up from $11.2 to $12 billion between 2017 and 2018 when companies whined about how hard it was to operate in Canada; CNRL boosted its revenue from $7.1 to $11.5 billion
Teck, Suncor, CNRL take top spots in annual ranking of mining company revenues by the energy mix, Sept 29, 2019
Mining and tar sands/oil sands producers Teck Resources, Suncor Energy, and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. took three of the four top spots in an annual listing of Canadian mining companies by gross revenues, raking in a ...
- Oh Frac’d U of Alberta! VP university relations, Jacqui Tam, resigns over controversial ‘Beefier Barley’ billboard pimping global warming as beneficial. Brazenly working for polluters or warming up Alberta’s nefarious War Room?
Climate Risk in the Housing Market Has Echoes of Subprime Crisis, Study Finds by Christopher Flavelle, Sept. 27, 2019, New York Times
WASHINGTON — Banks are shielding themselves from climate change at taxpayers’ expense by shifting riskier mortgages — such as those in coastal areas — off their books and over to the federal government, ...
- Colorado oil and gas regulator “took the unprecedented step of ordering an operator to switch from the carcinogenic (Gibson D822) drilling mud to a synthetic (Neoflo 4633) mud.”
2010: Natural Gas Operations from a Public Health Perspective
For many years, drillers have insisted that they do not use toxic chemicals to drill for gas, only guar gum, mud, and sand. While much attention is being given to chemicals used during fracking, our findings indicate that drilling chemicals can be equally, if not more dangerous.
COGCC took ...
- Katie de Kauwe, UK lawyer: “Access to justice should not be just for the oil and gas industry.”
Environment Agency “no longer able to regulate fracking” – Labourby Ruth Hayhurst, Sept 23, 2019, drillordrop
Fracking companies can “railroad” through their interests because the Environment Agency has been “drained” of resources, a Labour energy spokesperson told delegates at the party’s conference.
Barry Gardiner, shadow energy minister, said of the Environment Agency :
“They are no longer capable ...
- Facebook reportedly censoring posting of Canadian election-related media revealing strong differences between candidates: In this censored article, local candidates answer where they stand on Coastal GasLink’s 670 km LNG pipeline from Dawson Creek area to Kitimat
“I am sharing this article by email as it is the 2nd time this week that Facebook has censored posting an election-related media report that they have deemed as “abusive of community standards” because it apparently reveals the strong differences between candidates in relation to BC LNG and fracking. Please share through your personal ...
- Yet another frac’er bites sweet dust: Weatherford facing more than $10Billion in debt files for bankruptcy protection. US court order accepts restructuring plan, which includes Weatherford getting $2.2Billion in magic money; Stockholders to receive proportionate shares of the company’s **new stock** while operations continue as “normal.”
Weatherford moves forward with bankruptcy proceedings in Ireland by Sergio Chapa, September 24, 2019, Houston Chronicle
Oilfield service company Weatherford International moved forward with the second phase of its bankruptcy proceedings — filing in Ireland.
The company, which is incorporated in Ireland but has a large presence in Houston, filed for a type of bankruptcy protection known ...
- Hanky Panky Power Pimping Codswallop! Canadian & BC gov’ts forcing demand for Site C dam? Why give the failing frac ‘n dash industry another near $Billion in corporate welfare? LNG & frac’ing, even electrified, are not green or clean or safe!
Some wise citizen common sense:
Brenda GuiledA footnote to the LNG industry is that ships carrying it are floating bombs, massive bombs. Getting them to explode will take something like a missile strike — we hope they won’t blow from grounding, ramming, unsuspected stress points, poor construction, etc. — but in our nutty world, it’s easy ...
- Suffering and living in fear in Frackville, Pennsylvania; More Ewing sarcoma research is needed
Finding the link: More Ewing sarcoma research is needed, Not enough is being done to figure out what is causing the rare cancer’s high incidence rate in southwestern Pa. by The Editorial Board, Sept 20, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
An alarming and disproportionate number of Ewing sarcoma cases have been reported in our corner of the ...
- Bye Bye Canadian LNG? Bye Bye Need for Site C? China introduces new incentives for domestic production of tight and shale gas and CBM
Watch the oil and gas company bankruptcies, companies taking their profits and running from clean-up (hanging taxpayers with more corporate welfare), subsidies and regulator/analyst/industry propaganda in Canada escalate!
China introduces new incentives for domestic production of tight and shale gas and coalbed methane by US Energy Information Administration, Sept 19, 2019, Natural Gas Weekly
In June ...
- Open letter signed by 450 groups, universities, faith groups and celebrities around the world ask U.N. Secretary General Antonio Guterres to endorse global frac ban
Campaigners urge UN to endorse global fracking ban, Emma Thompson and Mark Ruffalo among signatories of open letter to secretary general by Jillian Ambrose, Sept 19, 2019, The Guardian
A global campaign backed by 450 activist groups and celebrities, including actors Emma Thompson and Mark Ruffalo, is calling on the UN to endorse a global end to fracking ...
- Vomit bags needed to read these pro-polluter propaganda pieces: Albertans should take back to the streets to stand up for the AER & What A Revamped Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) SHOULD Look Like (After a Little History). “Should” is one of AER’s & industry’s beloved escape hatch words, used incessantly to avoid accountability and responsibility!
1. ABOUT BILL WHITELAWBill Whitelaw is president and CEO of JWN, as well as executive vice-president, Business Information Group, at Glacier Inc. and managing director of Evaluate Energy, an affiliated energy analytics and research company based in London, UK.
Bill is a director on many industry sector boards including the Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources [CSUR; ...
- October 8, 2019: Andrew Nikiforuk presents “Disruptive Shaking: The Impact of Fracking on Rural Communities” at Centre For Peace And Justice – Herr Lectures, Lacombe, Alberta
Disruptive Shaking: The Impact of Fracking on Rural Communities by Centre for Peace and Justice – Herr Lectures, Lacombe Alberta, October 8, 2019
Lacombe Memorial Centre – Centennial Hall South 5214 50 Ave., Lacombe, AB T4L 0B6
Date And Time:
Tue, 8 October 2019
7:30 PM – 9:00 PM MDT
Lacombe Memorial Centre – Centennial Hall South
- UK ruling delivers blow to oil & gas companies claiming natural gas is environmentally friendly. Advertising Standards Authority rules natural gas is ‘not a low-carbon fuel.’ Equinor should not have implied it was environmentally friendly
Gas is ‘not a low-carbon fuel’, UK watchdog rules, Equinor should not have implied gas was environmentally friendly energy source by Financial Times, September 15, 2019
UK regulators have issued a warning to Norwegian energy giant Equinor over advertisements on the London Underground that implied gas is a “low-carbon energy” source. It is the first time ...
- Remember Emergency Nurse Cathy Behr? Ohio, New Report: Widespread use of frac’ing and drilling chemicals risk water supplies and health. Companies injected undisclosed chemicals “10,992 times into 1,432 wells” enabled by the “law” that allows trade secrets, even from first responders.
2012: Ohio passes one of the worst fracking laws in the U.S. but best for health harming, polluting frac’ers!
Frac’ing: It’s only done with kittens & cream, perfectly sweet & safe!
What’s in fracking chemicals? Energy nonprofit demands answers by Beth Burger, Sept 16, 2019, The Columbus Dispatch
Ohioans could be exposed to dangerous chemicals that state laws ...
- Alberta ultra disturbing: 70 per cent (160/232) of commercial vehicles fail inspection; 42 per cent (98/232) **taken out of service** for failing safety issues! How many would fail if inspected in frenzied frac fields and traveling to them?
And how many cause fatal accidents?
Three dead following fiery highway crash near Cereal, Alta
Fall commercial vehicle inspection event takes more than 40 per cent of vehicles out of service by Edmonton Police Service, September 13, 2019
The EPS Commercial Vehicle Inspection Detail pulled 98 commercial vehicles off the road for failing to meet various safety compliance ...
- City of Medicine Hat cleaning up 2,000 gas wells it made profits on. Why won’t the rest of Alberta’s oil and gas industry profit-takers clean up?
- Guzzle Up! Toxic radioactive frac waste water coming soon to a bottling depot, farm, berry patch, swimming pool, park pathway near you?
New Mexico looking to recycle fracking waste water from oil and gas operations by Adrian Hedden, Sept 12, 2019, Carlsbad Current-Argus
New Mexico lawmakers are upping the urgency in developing technology and regulations to cut back on water waste from the oil and gas industry as the state continues to struggle with increasingly harsh drought conditions ...
- Another frac’er bites the dust? Houston-based Nine Energy shares slumped by -70.98% year to date; Lays off 70 employees, closes operations in Calgary, Red Deer and Grand Prairie, leaves Canada. Will they clean up on their way out?
Deciding Between Histogenics Corporation (HSGX) and At Nine Energy Service, Inc. (NINE) For Next Investment by Edison Carroll, September 13, 2019, eglobalist
… The shares of Nine Energy Service, Inc. (NYSE:NINE), has slumped by -70.98% year to date as of 09/12/2019. The shares currently trade at $6.54 and have been able to report a change of ...
- Another spill reported in the media – 500,000 litres produced water near Grand Prairie – while media continue to ignore 460,000 litre spill at Sprocket’s abandoned sour gas well near Smoke Lake Provincial Park and Town of Fox Creek. Why? Because it was a frac hit on a sour well near a town and busy public campground? Because people or wildlife were harmed?
Why did Paramount suddenly distribute Emergency Response Plan in Town of Fox Creek? To distract from Sprocket Energy’s 460,000 litre spill/leak/frac hit at abandoned sour gas well near Smoke Lake Provincial Park and the town?
Pipeline in NW Alberta leaks 100,000 litres contaminated water. More AER Media deflection? Keep the public, community of Fox Creek and ...
- Coushatta Louisiana: Just another frac’ing disaster they can’t stop. Explosion after frac’ing, all gas wells on pad still burning a week later, still rattling homes, noise getting louder. Regulator says “no air quality concerns” just like “No Duty of Care” Charter-violating AER says during blow outs in Alberta, even those spewing deadly sour gas
Fracked Gas Well Blowout in Louisiana Likely to Burn for the Next Month by Julie Dermansky, September 12, 2019, Desmog.blog
A fracked natural gas well in northwest Louisiana has been burning for two weeks after suffering a blowout. A state official said the fire will likely burn for the next month before the flames can be brought under control ...
- How Did Frac Contaminants End Up In The Monongahela River?
How Did Fracking Contaminants End Up In The Monongahela River? A Legal Loophole May Be To Blame by Reid Frazier, Sept 11, 2019, State Impact Pennsylvania
About a year and a half ago, Guy Kruppa realized something was wrong with his bugs.
Kruppa is the superintendent of the Belle Vernon Municipal Authority, and runs the town’s ...
- What happens if Albertans keep praying for another oil boom, but God has none left to give? In Pennsylvania, EQT Corp. lays off nearly 200 employees to save $50 million annually and “transform EQT into a modern, technology-driven” producer
If Calgarians are looking for an answer to that question, they could do a lot worse than look to Detroit by Max Fawcett · for CBC News, Sept 11, 2019
Another day, another divestment.
On Aug. 14, the Financial Post reported that Koch Industries (yes, that Koch Industries) was selling its collection of oilsands leases to a subsidiary of Paramount Resources for an undisclosed ...
- End game of AER/CAPP/Alberta’s putrid hundreds of billions in oilpatch liabilities stench has been known for decades. Yet another review not needed! Just get to work! Start cleaning up!
- CAPP/Kenney’s Snitch Submission Email for $2.5 Million “McCarthy style witch hunt” of courageous concerned citizens, to help polluting, job-decimating, billion $ profit-taking, largely foreign-owned multinationals. The Inquiry lies, says not linked to Kenney’s war room even though inquiry is reportedly paid for out of war room’s budget! Inquiry Commissioner Steve Allan is industry-biased of course: Was Director of Compton Petroleum, chaired Compton’s Audit Committee (company with a greedy sordid sour history)
Ears to the wall! Alberta’s environmental snitch line is now accepting emails by David J. Climenhaga, September 10, 2019, rabble.ca
… “At this stage of the process, I’m focused on information gathering and fact finding, and that’s why it is critical that I hear from anyone who has valuable information to ...
- Colombia’s top administrative court keeps frac moratorium. “The measure that proposed giving an open road to the exercise of fracking has been defeated while it is decided whether its regulation is legal or not”
Colombia court maintains moratorium on fracking by Julia Symmes Cobb, September 10, 2019, Reuters
BOGOTA (Reuters) – Colombia’s top administrative court maintained a temporary moratorium on the use of fracking on Tuesday, stymieing potential pilot projects amid ongoing arguments in a wider case regarding the use of the technique to extract oil and gas.
The decision by ...
- Scientific American: Even if Injection of Frac Wastewater Stops, Quakes Won’t; Oklahoma’s state seismologist, Jacob Walter: 900 fold increase in earthquakes in past decade of oil & gas frac boom is “unprecedented in human history”
Even if Injection of Fracking Wastewater Stops, Quakes Won’t, Salty fluid sinks and puts pressure on rock, potentially triggering faults in Oklahoma for years to come by Anna Kuchment, September 9, 2019, Scientific American
Jacob Walter likes to remind people that what has transpired in Oklahoma over the past decade is unprecedented in human history.
Walter is ...
- Pennsylvania’s criminal investigation of frac harm cover-upper DEP: AG Josh Shapiro seeking investigative grand jurors from seven counties. How does one get criminal investigation into Encana illegally frac’ing a community’s drinking water aquifers with AER & Alberta govt covering it up, and bullying and shaming the harmed families?
Award-winning documentary “Triple Divide ” hand selected for 2019 Oil Valley Film Festival
Fracking documentary “Triple Divide in Pennsylvania, cases that specific officials at ...
- Protest sign comes to life, Blackpool UK: Cuadrilla shareholders want to exit frac business! Area residents want “Cuadrilla to pack their bags and leave town,” after three more breaches of its permit. “It is clear the safety of the community is a low priority for them.”
Cuadrilla shareholders eye exit in blow to UK fracking by Emily Gosden, Sept 6, 2019, The Times
The future of fracking in Britain was thrown further into doubt last night after it emerged that Cuadrilla Resources shareholders were looking to exit the business.
Cuadrilla’s backers hired the Royal Bank of Canada several months ago to explore strategic ...
- Oh Dirty Canada! NEB, led by corporate crime cover-upper Peter Watson, changed to CER, still led by corporate crime cover-upper Peter Watson with a bunch of lawyers tossed in
NEB = National Energy Board becomes CER = Canada Energy Regulator.
Does the govt believe this will clean up Peter Watson covering-up corporate crimes?
On March 6, 2006, the Alberta gov’t held an emergency meeting with then Environment Minister Guy Boutilier, Deputy Minister Environment Peter Watson (now Chair of CER, preveiously Chair of NEB, appointed then by ...
- Deputy Environment Minister Bev Yee – who helped cover-up Encana’s crimes: diverting water without required permit under Water Act, illegal aquifer fracs, community-wide drinking water contamination & exploding water tower – appointed by Alberta gov’t to chair the AER in “steps to clean house.”
On March 6, 2006, the Alberta gov’t held an emergency meeting with then Environment Minister Guy Boutilier, Deputy Minister Environment Peter Watson (now Chair of CER, preveiously Chair of NEB, appointed then by Steve Harper), Assistant Deputy Minister Bev Yee (now Chair AER), Hydrogeologist Rob George, other gov’t staff, frac harmed farmers Dale Zimmerman and Fiona Lauridsen, Opposition MLA ...
- “Big fracking” (or, to make it sound sexy and desirable, “nuclear stimulation”) with a 40-kiloton nuclear bomb. “Cliffs started pouring rocks. It was quite a show, really,” Will the idiots in power in North America do it again?
Remember The First Time Colorado Tried Fracking With A Nuclear Bomb? by Grace Hood and Jim Hill, September 6, 2019, CPR News
On Sept. 10, 1969, six and a half miles south of Rulison, Colorado, a 40-kiloton nuclear bomb exploded in the subterranean depths of the Piceance Basin.
The device, more than twice as powerful as the ...
- “A Murderer’s Row: Maturities are coming year after year.” Bankruptcies rising in U.S. oil patch as Wall Street’s disaffection with frac’ers reverberates through industry. 26 producers file for bankruptcy so far in 2019; 28 filed in all of 2018. Bankruptcies expected to rise, “Debt levels are just too high and they’re going to have to take their medicine.”
Canada Pension Plan intentionally making $Billion Bad investments in frac’ing?
Oil and Gas Bankruptcies Grow as Investors Lose Appetite for Shale, Smaller drillers, which account for sizable part of U.S. oil production, are struggling to pay off hefty debt burdens by Rebecca Elliott and Christopher M. Matthews, Aug. 30, 2019, Wall Street Journal
Bankruptcies are rising in the U.S. ...
- Well blowout north of Fort St John. If no threat to the public, why was the area evacuated and road block installed? Second well blow-out at Saguaro Resources facility in less than a year
Mechanical failure suspected cause of well blowout by Alaska Highway News, September, 5, 2019
A mechanical failure is the suspected cause of a blowout at a Saguaro Resources well site north of Fort St. John earlier this week.
Personnel have secured the well and stopped the gas release, and the emergency was stood down around 9:45 p.m. ...
- Jackson Co, Wisconsin: Elevated levels cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, nickel, zinc were found in surface water samples after 400,000 gallows muddy frac sand mine spill into Curran Coulee Creek; Aluminum concentrations more than 17 times higher than upstream of spill site
400,000 gallons frac sand mine sludge spews into Class II trout stream in Wisconsin; Regulator knee high boots caked in yellowish muck, waits 3 days (and after rain) to take samples
Tests Show Elevated Heavy Metals After Jackson County Frac Sand Mine Spill, DNR Says Despite Presence Of Metals Results Show Concentrations Below State Limits For ...
- Lancashire UK: Cuadrilla apologises over quakes while trivializing the damages to homes and wants to keep frac’ing. What will the frac-greedy politicians and regulator do? “The whole house went backwards and forwards. [It] was a really strong movement.”
Lancashire fracking: Cuadrilla apologises over tremors by BBC News, Aug 31, 2019
Owners of the UK’s only active shale gas site have apologised to residents after a tremor with a magnitude of 2.9 was recorded.
Fracking was suspended indefinitely by regulators after the earthquake was recorded on Monday close to Cuadrilla’s Preston New Road site near Blackpool.
- University of Calgary seismologists say they make monumental discovery: Increased fluid pressure is main triggering mechanism of fluids injection-induced earthquakes by either reducing frictional resistance of the fault or altering fault loading conditions.
Comment by a Canadian reader in response to this post:
They must have worked very hard to get to this conclusion (sarcasm).
Researchers may have discovered a way to predict fracking-caused earthquakes; They looked at a 2016 fracking-caused 4.1 magnitude earthquake near Fox Creek by Sarah Rieger with files from Colleen Underwood, Aug 29, 2019, CBC ...
- Louisiana Desoto Parish, Frac’ing Haynesville Shale Problems: Gas eruptions; methane, ethane and benzene in aquifer and drinking water
Natural gas, water problems bubble to the surface in DeSoto Parish by Vickie Welborn and Jeff Beimfohr, Oct 11, 2018, KTBS
A pond on C.L. Bryant’s property in Grand Cane was found bubbling on Oct. 29, 2017. Natural gas from an unknown source is to blame.
Benzene in the water?
State officials are now following up on a ...
- UK, Blackpool: Cuadrilla’s quakes won’t stop even though work ordered stopped. Bigger quake, 2.9M, damages countless homes, 450 residents protest, demand frac ban. Company’s earthquakes keep getting bigger: 2.1M quake, felt by residents, days after previous record set at 1.6M, also felt by residents. Cuadrilla had promised it would keep quakes below 0.5M
Will the UK regulator deregulate to allow bigger and bigger frac quakes the way they did in Canada, damages to wellbores, homes, roads, bridges, businesses, etc. be damned?
Refer also to:
Percentage of high-magnitude quakes felt at the surface increases with depth of waste injected & may create greater magnitude quakes years after injection rates decline ...
- Ontario 2 years ago: In Norfolk, leaking abandoned industry *sour* gas wells forces exclusion zone for vehicles, vessels, and evacuation of 22 homes. In nearby Town of Jarvis (population 2,300), unusually high methane readings, firefighters test gas levels at every home. Compare to grossly negligent, “No Duty of Care,” Charter-violating, lying, spying, heinous AER covering-up industry’s deadly gas leaks.
Sour Gas damages the brain, even at very low levels:
1. Exposure to levels below 10 ppm permanently damage the human brain
2. Harm from levels below 10 ppm by Worksafe Alberta
3. Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) LOW LEVEL HEALTH HARM WARNINGS:
Sour Gas Concentration (ppm)/Symptoms/Effects
0.01-1.5 ppm/Odor threshold (when rotten egg smell is first noticeable to some). …
2-5 ppm/Prolonged exposure may cause ...
- The Leaks that threaten the clean image of natural gas
Watch the leak clip at link:
U.S. energy companies are scrambling to reduce methane emissions—both unintended and deliberate—that equate to exhaust from 69 million cars a year and contribute to global warming by Rebecca Elliot, August 8, 2019, Wall Street Journal
Natural gas is released into the atmosphere at an Energy Transfer LP compressor station in Reeves ...
- Another frac ‘n gag to cover up frac damages? Cuadrilla signs non-disclosure agreement with UK’s national earthquake monitoring agency, British Geological Survey, to ‘destroy confidential documents’ and release operational data only at company’s request
Fracking firm Cuadrilla signs secret deal with geological agency to ‘destroy confidential documents’, Exclusive: Campaigners say non-disclosure deal lacks transparency by Dean Kirby, ugust 23rd 2019, inews.co.uk
The UK’s national earthquake monitoring agency has a secret deal with fracking company Cuadrilla to release the firm’s operational data only with its permission and to destroy confidential documents ...
- What are you showering, bathing in, drinking, breathing venting from your water taps? PA District Attorneys get court order to bar landfill, owned by Canadian company Tervita (as of June 1), from taking frac waste & drill cuttings to protect public drinking water. Officials determined the landfill was sending them 100,000 to 300,000 gallons of contaminated water a day – two to six times the amount the authority was allowed to take.
Dumping toxic waste on foodland and roads or piled in communities or dumped in unlined pits near homes and communities is how Alberta’s “best-in-class” “world-class” Charter violating, lying spying AER lets it happen:
2011 Encana waste dumping just east of Rosebud, Alberta in heavy wind blowing towards the community as residents were leaving church
2011 Encana waste ...
- Fabulous! Campaign for an inclusive legal profession in Ontario starts at www.demandinclusion.ca. “Because white supremacy will not roll over and die.” – Kris @GPLLP
Access the campaign at https://twitter.com/DemandInclusion
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/demandinclusion/ …
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/demandinclusion/ …
(Public Education page in progress to provide facts and refute the position of the STOP SOP slate.)
What is happening in the legal profession?
In 2016, the Law Society of Ontario (“LSO”) adopted the report of the Challenges Facing Racialized Licensees Working Group. That report identified a number of ...
- Truck going too fast to make the turn? 4,800 gallons unknown substance spilled into Yough River when “brine” tractor-trailer flips. How many hundreds similar spills into water ways not caught or reported?
4,800 gallons of ‘unknown substance’ spills into Yough River when tractor-trailer flips over by WPXI, Aug 23, 2019
ELIZABETH TOWNSHIP, Pa. – Nearly 4,800 gallons of an unknown substance spilled into the Yough River after a tractor-trailer overturned.
Emergency crews were called to the scene in the 2300 block of Douglas Run Road near Nichols Hill Road ...
- Frac Fraud on the Rise: Sixth man admits role in altering emission control devices on trucks used in Marcellus Shale gas fields
Sixth man admits role in altering emission control devices on trucks used in Marcellus Shale gas fields by John Beauge, Aug 21, 2019, Pennlive
WILLIAMSPORT – An inventory and logistics analyst has become the sixth individual to admit participating in a scheme to tamper with emission control devices on heavy duty diesel trucks used in the ...
- Lancashire frac’ing: 1.6M earthquake stops Cuadrilla’s work “This is a serious issue and we know that seismic activity at similar levels deformed the well bore at Preese Hall, which Cuadrilla failed to report to the relevant authorities for six months.”
A little frac quake refresher:
2015 06: How did hydraulic-fracturing operations in the Horn River Basin change seismicity patterns in northeastern British Columbia, Canada?
In the HRB injection clearly showed variable time lags. Examining the data after January 2008, when sustained HF operations were ...
- Ewing’s sarcoma takes another child in a frac field: “It’s the price you pay for deep love. It hurts.” Randy Stephen’s last wishes are being fulfilled: that his family help other families going through battles with childhood cancer.
Randy’s Last Wishes Are Being Fulfilled by Heather Ziegler, August 11, 2019, The Intelligencer, Wheeling News-Register
Grief ought to be a four-letter word. It’s just as obscene as any curse word. Ask any parent who has lost a child, especially after his or her child experienced a grueling fight with a childhood cancer — and ...
- Quintana Energy Services Inc., oil field services company (went public in Feb 2018) cuts over 130 jobs, assets, C-level position to reduce costs; many companies dealing with “shifting investor expectations” and “crushing” debt
Houston-based oil field services co. cuts C-level position, jobs, assets to reduce costs by Olivia Pulsinelli, Houston Business Journal, Aug 20, 2019
Houston-based Quintana Energy Services Inc. (NYSE: QES), an oil field services company that went public in February 2018, is making changes to reduce its costs to deal with current market conditions.
Earlier this month, the company eliminated ...
- Frac jobs keep getting frac’d: CNX lays off about 50 workers, “This is part of our normal course as we’re always looking…to get better.”
Frac jobs getting frac’d
Where did all those promises of endless frac riches & jobs go? Two of Canada’s biggest frac companies report double-digit percentage revenue declines: Calgary-based Trican (36 per cent fall) and Calfrac (21 per cent fall)
CNX lays off about 50 employees by Pittsburgh Business Times, August 20, 2019
About 50 people have been laid ...
- California regulators still allowing industry to inject toxic oilfield waste into drinking water aquifers, violating Safe Drinking Water Act; Companies will sue if ordered to stop. Alberta regulators break the law too, letting industry frac into drinking water aquifers, AER’s law violations even enabled by Canada’s top court
EUB/ERCB/AER: ‘Men Without Chests,’ ‘No Plan, No Policy, No Heart’
Encana frac’d about 200 gas wells into fresh water zones at Rosebud (before April 2006), of which about 60 were more shallow than 200 metres bgs, including intentionally into the community’s drinking water aquifers, two most shallow gas wells perf’d at 100.5 m and 121.5 m bgs (Encana ...
- California: Chevron’s steam injection disaster, oil & wastewater gushing to surface grows more than 500,000 gallons to 1.3 million gallons. “Permits in these legacy oil fields are often given with a wink and a nod.”
The Chevron Frac Guarantee: Our well won’t explode…or your pizza is free!
California now says 2,500 wells dumping frac waste into protected aquifers, up from 532 in February. Regulators order oil drillers including Chevron Corp. and Linn Energy LLC to halt operations at 12 injection wells (two were issued cease and desist orders) because ...
- Bonterra Energy Corp pipeline spills 40,000 litres (~250 barrels) oil into Washout Creek, which flows into North Saskatchewan River, Edmonton’s drinking water supply
2016 08 29: Where’s the AER’s “due diligence?” Why permit oil and gas wells and fracing so close to waterways? Bonterra Energy cleaning up after pump jack “falls” into Washout Creek near Drayton Valley
40,000-litre crude oil spill being cleaned up by Drayton Valley by Edmonton CTV News, August 18, 2019
Snap below from AER’s compliance dashboard:
- Alberta academia was frac’d years ago. UCP government’s university appointments draw cronyism accusations
A small example of oil-patch-$$$$$$$-tainted Alberta academia (after these posts, Ernst no longer had time to diligently find & follow the bribes):
Cenovus, Syncrude and Suncor and other oil and gas companies “helping draft” curriculum for students from kindergarten to Grade 12!
Cenovus donates $1.5 million to Lakeland College
Talisman pledges $1.25 M to Mount Royal University, Alberta
- Texas & Oklahoma: Deregulating to redefine toxic frac waste water as “industrial water” so as to let the oil and gas industry increase profits and dump their toxic waste into waterways?
Refer first to:
The Most Horrific Frac Deregulation Yet? EPA’s proposed “protective regulation” to allow dramatically higher levels of radioactivity in drinking water
“What will they do with all the frac waste?” people asked Ernst on her speaking tours.”They will make us eat and drink it,” Ernst replied. (And later we find out: drive, walk, run, bike ...
- 4.1M earthquake hits near Esterhazy, Saskatchewan, “rattling homes.” Power out for Esterhazy, Whitewood, Moosomin, Rockanville, Wapella, Tantallon for 2.5 hours. “My mother’s rocking chair started rocking.” Children screamed and cried, “It was scary.” Earthquakes Canada reports it “lightly felt.” Numerous new “undefined” directional wells drilled in area.
Numerous “undefined” directional wells (licenced July 30, 2018) were recently drilled in the area of the 4.1M earthquake. Refer to the yellow dots in the follow maps:
Catastrophic Failures of Underground Evaporite Mines by Jeff Whyatt, Mining Engineer, Floyd Varley, Acting Branch Chief, NIOSH – Spokane Research Laboratory, Spokane, WA, NIOSHTIC2 Number: 20034347, in Proceedings of ...
- Is this why Paramount bought Apache Corp’s Fox Creek assets? Koch Industries sells its tarsands properties to Paramount. Paramount/Trilogy next to declare bankruptcy, walk from clean up, with AER’s blessings?
Watch to understand what Paramount bought from Apache at Fox Creek, 16 Min. well spent:
Broken Sprocket in the Fox Creek Hub? Alberta’s “Ignorant and Brute Force” Frack Experiments
Koch Industries sells its oil-sands properties to Paramount by Jeffrey Jones, Aug 14, 2019, The Globe and Mail
The conglomerate run by the wealthy Koch brothers has sold ...
- New study: Frac’ing in U.S. & Canada linked to worldwide atmospheric methane spike. “This recent increase in methane is massive,” Howarth said. “It’s globally significant.”
Ideas and perspectives: is shale gas a major driver of recent increase in global atmospheric methane? by Robert W. Howarth, Dept Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Received: 10 Apr 2019 – Discussion started: 23 Apr 2019 – Revised: 11 Jul 2019 – Accepted: 12 Jul 2019 – Published: 14 Aug 2019, Biogeosciences An ...
- Nasty! Canadian courts describing “individuals as exhibiting ‘vexatious-style’ behavior without formally designating them as a vexatious litigant.” Is that how Supreme Court of Canada Justice Rosalie Abella gets away with ruling AER found Ernst to be “vexatious litigant” when evidence proves AER found Ernst to be a “criminal,” 7 years later, a terrorist – all without charges, evidence, trial or due process? With AG Jody Wilson-Raybould saying & doing nothing about Canada’s top judicial farce?
Labels given to Ernst by authorities/NGOs since she began speaking out about Encana’s, AER’s and Alberta Environment’s contaminated water cover-up and law violations:
That “crazy lady” at Rosebud (by Encana’s licenced land agents, media, politicians and the regulators);
Judged a “criminal” without due process and without any evidence by AER in 2005; ...
- Lancashire UK: More frac failures plague Cuadrilla, company tries but fails to seal the well and caused 57 earthquakes. How much methane is migrating into aquifers and homes? “We have little confidence in Cuadrilla’s technical abilities….”
A bunch of fracking failures by Peter Lazenby, August 11, 2019, Morning Star
CONTROVERSIAL fracking operations at a site in Lancashire have been hit by another technical problem — the latest in a series of failures to safely and successfully extract shale gas.
The company has repeatedly tried and failed to use cement as part of the ...
- New video by Will Koop, with extraordinary drone footage! Broken Sprocket in the Fox Creek Hub? Alberta’s “Ignorant and Brute Force” Frack Experiments
Play at 0.75 speed if more time needed to read the volumes of information researched by Mr. Koop and added to some slides in the clip.
Intro in French by Johanne Dion on her FB page posting of the video:
Un autre excellent documentaire de notre ami Will Koop. Il documente les ravages subis par ...
- “Klippenstein, admittedly, ‘would not be the person’ he is ‘without freedom of thought and expression,’ so where’s his outrage at the legal suppressing of those freedoms – aka gag orders? And who would he be then, with his mouth legally taped shut?” Comment to Andrew Nikiforuk’s article in The Tyee on Klippenstein & Wanless quitting
Is a client’s right to freedom of thought and expression (eg posting articles, comments about a legal system inaccessible for nearly all civil Canadians, bad behaviour by judges and lawyers, etc) a valid reason for lawyers to quit a lawsuit? White supremacy certainly isn’t.
Law Society Ontario Rule 2.09, withdrawal from representation:
Les avocats de Jessica Ernst ...
- Pollution could be damaging your brain, even leading to dementia but Health Canada still not making public their 2012 damning report admitting significant health hazards and risks to groundwater and air caused by frac’ing!
Why was a 2012 Health Canada Report, admitting significant health hazards and risks to groundwater and air from hydraulic fracturing, kept from the public?
Why is the federal government keeping this important and damning report from the air breathing public?
Photos of Alberta day and all night fracs above and below by FrackingCanada
Why so much ...
- Pennsylvania regulator allowing radioactive frac waste discharged into rivers as landfill leachate, Impacting Chesapeake Bay & Ohio River Watersheds
Pennsylvania is Discharging Radioactive Fracking Waste Into Rivers As Landfill Leachate, Impacting The Chesapeake Bay & Ohio River Watersheds by Joshua B. Pribanic and Talia Wiener, August 7, 2019, Public Herald
Project: Smoking Gun | Podcast: newsCOUP
But what Wolf can’t see, is that his own Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection ...
- PA: More Drilling May Jeopardize Drinking Water for 130,000; CNX had a “catastrophic loss of containment” forced dangerously high-pressured gas into 9 shallow wells and propelled methane, other gases into private water wells.
More Drilling May Jeopardize Drinking Water for 130,000 by Jena Shaffer on Aug 5, 2019, mtwatershed.com
Since 2011, 52 wells have been drilled by CNX Resources Corporation, CONSOL’s gas division, within the immediate vicinity to Beaver Run Reservoir, the drinking water source for 130,000 people throughout northern Westmoreland County and small portions of neighboring Armstrong and Indiana counties. ...
- Watch your money Argentina! Frackers have spilled billions of dollars in red ink. Fracked oil & natural gas have been financial disasters. “Cash flows from fracking-focused oil and gas companies across the US have been negative for decades — even when oil and gas prices were higher than they are now.”
Stranded shale assets send a warning to Argentina and others by Kathy Hipple, New York, NY, US, August 7, 2019, Financial Times
Your article on Argentina and shale gas (August 7) rests on a faulty premise. The shale revolution is not a boom, but a big bust of epic proportions.
There is no denying that there has ...
- 400,000 gallons frac sand mine sludge spews into Class II trout stream in Wisconsin; Regulator knee high boots caked in yellowish muck, waits 3 days to take samples. Intentional waste management via dumping?
Frac Sand Sentinel #288 8-9-2019
“The delay in spill reporting by WP and the delay in water testing by DNR create questions that need answering. Both of these delays are completely inappropriate and presumably contrary to law. The pump capacity was 1500 GPM (90,000 gallons per hour), which means a minimum of 4.4 hours of time to spill ...
- Frac jobs getting frac’d
Permian fracking activity sets new records with fewer people by Jordan Blum, Aug. 7, 2019, Houston Chronicle
More Permian Basin wells are being hydraulically fractured and completed than ever before, and the work is being done with far fewer workers than just a year ago, according to new studies.
Almost 550 Permian wells were fracked in June ...
- Frac’ing greed & insanity: More billions of frac dollars to go down the drain
New laws could pump billions of dollars into Permian Basin’s rapidly growing water recycling industry by Sergio Chapa, Aug. 2, 2019, Houston Chronicle
Whether by pipeline tanker, truck or hose, more water is moving around the arid Permian Basin than crude oil at any given moment.
Water has become the lifeblood of the modern energy industry with ...
- “The research is in: Stop fracking ASAP.” And, stop asking for regulations, responsible energy development, more study and fake, industry-controlled reviews. Asking for such enables more abuses. Time to say, “No, we are opposed!”
A July 28, 2019 email from Ernst to industry harmed Albertans asking for responsible energy development:
Good morning Gentlemen,
It appears you are not understanding how successfully synergy brainwashes people into running around in circles creating group after group after group, doing the same thing over and over and over, asking for money and “responsible energy development,” ...
- Rhode Island vs 21 Oil & Gas Companies: Judge William Smith characterized operations “leading to all kinds of displacement, death (extinctions, even), and destruction….Defendants understood the consequences of their activity decades ago…. But instead of sounding the alarm, Defendants went out of their way to becloud the emerging scientific consensus and further delay changes – however existentially necessary – that would in any way interfere with their multi-billion-dollar profits.”
The ruling: http://blogs2.law.columbia.edu/climate-change-litigation/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/case-documents/2019/20190722_docket-118-cv-00395_opinion-and-order.pdf
Snap below from the ruling:
Judge rules against oil companies to keep climate liability case in Rhode Island by Miranda Green, July 22, 2019, The Hill
A federal judge ruled against multiple oil and gas companies Monday, deciding that Rhode Island’s novel climate liability case can be tried in the state.
The ruling will allow Rhode ...
- Why did Paramount suddenly distribute Emergency Response Plan in Town of Fox Creek? To distract from Sprocket Energy’s 460,000 litre spill/leak/frac hit at abandoned sour gas well near Smoke Lake Provincial Park and the town?
Refer also to:
Pipeline in NW Alberta leaks 100,000 litres contaminated water. More AER Media deflection? Keep the public, community of Fox Creek and summer campers unaware of much more serious, potentially life-threatening, 460,000 litres leak/spill/frac hit? at Sprocket Energy’s abandoned sour gas well near Smoke Lake Provincial Park and campground?
Why is 320,000 litre spill 36 ...
- Alberta’s newest Frac Farce: Jason Kenney’s panel to review energy deregulation filled with only industry executives, includes CAPP’s Whine-for-More-Freebies & Propaganda Machine, Tim McMillan
Alberta kicks off red tape reduction with focus on tourism, oil and gas sectors by Clare Clancy, August 2, 2019, Calgary Herald
The Alberta government has revealed the first two industry panels that will propose ways to cut red tape for businesses, while pledging to unveil others soon.
A 10-member panel will focus on tourism and hospitality, ...
- New York Tioga County landowners group pushing highly dangerous gelled propane fracs to circumvent State’s frac ban
How this Southern Tier group is trying to work around New York’s fracking ban by Jeff Platsky, August 2, 2019, Binghamton Press & Sun-Bulletin
A Tioga County landowners group appears willing to press ahead in challenging New York’s hydrofracking ban by using an unconventional method of natural gas drilling designed to circumvent the prohibition.
Tioga County Partners ...
- Where did all those promises of endless frac riches & jobs go? Two of Canada’s biggest frac companies report double-digit percentage revenue declines: Calgary-based Trican (36 per cent fall) and Calfrac (21 per cent fall)
U.S. Shale Is Doomed No Matter What They Do: “More bankruptcies are all but certain as oil and gas borrowers must repay or refinance **several hundred billion dollars** of debt over the next six months”
Fracking firms Calfrac, Trican report double-digit Q2 revenue declines by The Canadian Press, August 1, 2019, Thompson Citizen CALGARY — ...
- Frac’ing wants more billions to send down the drain; Permian needs (or wants?) $9B worth new frac wastewater disposal wells
Who will pay for these? Taxpayers, Encana or the Koch Bros?
Or sneakily steal from us via a pension plan?
Permian Needs $9B Worth of New Wells by David Wethe, July 29, 2019, Bloomberg in Rigzone
As much as $9 billion will be needed over the next decade just to throw away dirty water in the world’s ...
- AER/ICORE/Jim Ellis Hanky Panky & Deregulation Tried to Go Global. Is CAPP et al making Ellis take the fall for Neil McCrank, EUB Boss (before it became AER)? McCrank authorized spying on innocent Albertans, **initiated spreading AER’s evil, lies & propaganda globally**, was boss when EUB violated Ernst’s charter rights and refused to make it right. “I wonder what’s worse for the average Albertan…. A vicious STD, or the AER? It’s a toss up.”
ERCB became EUB became ERCB became AER.
Comment by Danny Devo:
I wonder what’s worse for the average Albertan in the energy sector. A vicious STD, or the AER? It’s a toss up.
Oilpatch in ‘crisis’ as energy regulator executives travelled the world launching a side project called ICORE ICORE initiative raises questions about priorities while spurring three ...
- World’s Biggest Fund Manager, BlackRock, lost $90 Billion investing in fossil fuel companies over last decade
BlackRock lost $90bn investing in fossil fuel companies, report finds, World’s biggest fund manager urged to invest in clean energy for good of the climate and its investors by Jillian Ambrose, 31 Jul 2019, The Guardian
Will companies, AER, CAPP leave anything for Albertans or do they plan to take it all and leave only ...
- Encana Earthquake Implications
Encana Earthquake Implications by Josh Young, Jul. 30, 2019, Seeking Alpha
SummaryEncana well completion operations may have caused multiple 3.0+ earthquakes in Kingfisher County, Oklahoma.
Another company that may have caused an earthquake nearby in Oklahoma saw a precipitous share price decline.
Risk that Encana may need to write down the value of the Newfield acquisition that got ...
- U.S. Shale Is Doomed No Matter What They Do: “More bankruptcies are all but certain as oil and gas borrowers must repay or refinance **several hundred billion dollars** of debt over the next six months”
U.S. Shale Is Doomed No Matter What They Do by Nick Cunningham, July 21, 2019, Oilprice
With financial stress setting in for U.S. shale companies, some are trying to drill their way out of the problem, while others are hoping to boost profitability by cutting costs and implementing spending restraint. Both approaches are riddled with ...