- Look out Albertans whose pensions Kenney gave to AIMCo. Crazy Days in Alberta: The Poison Wells File. The province let oil and gas firms create a $100-billion disaster. New example? Shell Pieridae Briko Ikkuma Alberta Foothills Sour Gas Marriage financed by AIMCo and about $10Billion in liabilities.
Reality Check Questions:
Bit player (like Pieridae, Binko and Ikkuma), Trident Resources, folded two years after buying 4,700 wells from massive Husky Energy in a deal financed by AIMCo.
Bit player Pieridae’s insane purchase of Shell’s $10Billion in sour gas liabilities was also financed by AIMCo.
Question #1: Is AIMCo being used by Alberta politicians to relieve major players of their ...
- Chippewa Co. Wisconsin: Arsenic levels at **bankrupt** frac sand mine 7 times higher than state cleanup standards; DNR has ‘reasonable concern’ heavy metals in holding ponds might have contaminated groundwater.
“The mud pond water samples show elevated levels of aluminum, arsenic, chromium, lead, and manganese which indicates a potential for exceedances of groundwater standards in Ch NR 140.” Roberta Walls, WDNR Non-Metallic Mining Coordinator
Arsenic Levels At Bankrupt Frac Sand Mine 7 Times Higher Than State Cleanup Standards, DNR Says It Has ‘Reasonable Concern’ Heavy Metals ...
- Frac Sand Harm, Western Wisconsin: Judge allows Hi-Crush lawsuits to proceed but requires neighbors to document harms
Judge allows Hi-Crush lawsuits to proceed but requires neighbors to document harms by Chris Hubbuch, Dec 9, 2019, Wisconsin State Journal
Neighbors of two Hi-Crush frac sand mines can proceed with lawsuits against the company, but not before they detail specific harms suffered as a result of two mining operations in western Wisconsin.
Some 40 neighbors ...
- Secret to making money while fracking for oil? Simply stop fracking. “The catch is that production will immediately move into steep decline in many cases.”
Superior Energy Services latest casualty of ‘fracking’ market downturn by Liz Hampton, Dec 16, 2019, Reuters
Oilfield service company Superior Energy Services Inc. on Monday said it will shutter its hydraulic fracturing unit, the second supplier this month to exit a business hammered by slower shale activity.
Last week, Basic Energy Services said it would sell most ...
- The 10 longest laterals on frac’d wells in Texas so far in 2019: No. 1 Surge Energy at 3.21 miles. In 2018, Ensign drilled Canada’s longest lateral, 7,770 metres (4.828 miles), at global world record frac-quake capital, Fox Creek, Alberta.
Drilling Down: The 10 longest horizontal wells in Texas by Sergio Chapa, December 16, 2019, chron.com
Most horizontal wells can be measured in feet but some of them can literally be measured in miles. In figures exclusive provided to the Houston Chronicle, Austin oilfield data company Enverus opened its vaults to reveal the 10 longest horizontal wells ...
- Welcome to Hell: Blowout at ExxonMobil subsiduary XTO Energy frac site in 2018 one of worst-ever methane leaks in USA
Day 20: XTO’s exploded gas well that vented methane, caused 2 mile no fly zone for weeks finally capped; Powhatan residents return home; Authorities chant no harm to public, no safety risk
Oil & gas industry’s fracking is “perfectly safe” lie explodes by homes, yet again: Ohio, Belmont County, XTO Well pad explosion, fire forces 1 ...
- Courageous (and funny!) Medicine Hat News Opinion piece by Jeremy Appel, ‘Energy war room an expensive joke at best,’ Inspires tart and bossy email from war room spin doctor, Grady Semmens, who previously spun at Cenovus (Encana spawn), Currently listed as executive for TransCanada Corp
Thank you Jeremy Appel, for your humour and courage! A breath of fresh, non-Alberta, air.
Is Grady Semmens still working for TransCanada Corp? As of Dec 16, 2019, he’s still listed as a TransCanada executive by Wall Street Journal.
Will the Medicine Hat News publish Grady Semmens’ order?
Nothing there as of 12:02 pm, Dec 18, 2019:
Opinion: Energy ...
- Goldman Sachs’ Nov 2019 updated environmental policy makes it first major U.S. bank to rule out financing new or expanding thermal coal mines and coal-fired power plants *worldwide* and “any transaction that directly supports new upstream Arctic oil exploration or development. This includes but is not limited to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.”
Unfortunately, Goldman Sachs enables the endless environmental and economical harms caused by hydraulic fracturing and Alberta’s tarsands, this from their updated policy:
Oil & Gas – Hydraulic Fracturing: The rapid expansion of hydraulic fracturing has contributed to the expansion of energy resources, particularly in the U.S., along with greater affordability of energy for consumers and industry, ...
- Chevron biting frac ‘n LNG dust? Bites 400 more staff in Pennsylvania after cutting 150 staff there in 2014. Frac’ing is going the way Arthur Berman said it would – down into the gutter with tens of billions of dollars in losses; Banks, investors, investment firms running for frac-free hills.
Perhaps Chevron knows a huge fine and legal consequences are coming for this ungodly mess of theirs? McKittrick, California: One day after Chevron announced it had finished cleaning up months-long, nearly 1.4 million-gallon leak in Cymric Oil field, another leak started with a second larger one appearing the next day spilling about 84,0000 gallons of ...
- Mexico Environment Minister Wants to Prohibit Fracking Because it Damages the Environment
Mexico Environment Minister Wants to Prohibit Fracking by Adam D. Williams, December 10, 2019, Natural Gas Intel
Mexico’s Environment Minister, Víctor Toledo, is the latest government official to voice support for President Andrés Manuel López Obrador’s plans to prohibit hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, through at least 2024.
Toledo, speaking at a forum in Mexico City in ...
- If AIMCo were independent, trustworthy and believable would its CEO need to boast so loudly and dishonestly in the media? Will King Kenney fire Mr. Uebelein if he refuses to give bankrupting oil and gas frac’ers a billion more dollars here and a billion more dollars there?
A few commenters that are more trustworthy and make more financial sense than Mr. Uebelein:
ANGUS BIRNIEExcept the legislation says AIMCO CEO is a liar. Section 19 – “The Treasury Board may issue directives that must be followed by the corporation, the board, or both…”
Angelina DukeJust show us the numbers… not the “assumed” calculations. Have the ...
- New study says shale gas not worth it, not even for the jobs: “Air pollution from shale gas development activities in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia from 2004 to 2016 resulted in 1,200 to 4,600 premature deaths in the region” costing $23 billion. “Climate impacts produced mid-range costs of an additional $34 billion” while cumulative impacts on water and air quality, ecosystem, climate, labor markets and public health “are still largely unexplored and unaccounted for.”
Is shale development worth the costs? A CMU study says no. Research finds shale gas jobs don’t offset damage done by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Dec 8, 2019
Although the massive shale gas build-out in the Appalachian Basin has produced significant economic benefits, a new Carnegie Mellon University study says all the drilling, fracking and cracking isn’t ...
- Hey Kenney! Grant Collies: “Tom Olsen from this point onward shall be known as Stupid Goebbels.” Arthur Vandalay: “It’s not a war room against anti-oil types. Its a war room against truth.” Claude DeRoche: “$30 million! Enough to hire 500 nurses!”
One of the comments to the CBC article on ASRG FB page:
Grant Collies: Tom Olsen from this point onward shall be known as Stupid Goebbels.
Most liked comment of the over 4,700 comments (as of 8:20 pm) at CBC, with a few reponses to it:
It’s not a war room against anti-oil types. Its ...
- Colorado: 7 workers injured by fire at Crestone Peak Resources drilling site near Longmont
Fire at oil & gas well highlights need for stronger state regulatory oversight of extraction, Community members have long raised alarm about Crestone Peak drilling site, location of Monday night fire that sent seven to the hospital Press Release by Earthworks, Dec 11, 2019
… “Regardless of the investigation’s outcome, explosions and blowouts from oil and ...
- What about us? Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron & BP Could Be Legally & Morally Liable for Climate Crisis in Philippines
La caricature de Côté by ANDRÉ-PHILIPPE CÔTÉ, Dec 8, 2019, Le Soleil
COP 25 UN Climate Change Conference 2019
Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron & BP Could Be Legally & Morally Liable for Climate Crisis in Philippines by Democracy Now, Dec 09, 2019
The Commission on Human Rights of the Philippines has just determined that 47 major companies, including ...
- 2019 “Shale and Public Health” conference videos
Shale and Public Health by Bob Donnan, Dec 5, 2019, bobscaping.com
The annual conference was presented by the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania with funding from the Colcom Foundation and the Heinz Endowments to the League of Women Voters of PA Citizen Education Fund.
Vera Bonnet, lead writer of the “Shale Gas Extraction and Public Health ...
- Remembering the Montreal Massacre, “an act of terror against women.”
2019 12 06: Northern India rape victim dies in hospital after being set ablaze
The woman died on Friday after suffering a cardiac arrest, Dr. Shalabh Kumar, the head of burns and plastic department at New Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital told Reuters.
“She was having 95% percent burns,” he said, adding the woman’s wind pipe was burnt and ...
- Canadian Historial Review: A History of Oil Spills on Long-Distance Pipelines in Canada
Alberta averages two crude oil spills a day for decades and all the AER can do is “urge” companies to improve detection of pipeline leaks?
Pipeline spills are not the exception in Alberta, they are an oily reality, Since 2006, province’s pipelines have spilled the equivalent of almost 28 million litres of oil
A History of Oil ...
- Taxpayers for Common Sense: U.S. gov’t missed out on billions of dollars of revenue from overly generous and outdated terms for oil and gas leases on federal land in Colorado
Federal Oil, Gas Leasing Terms in Colorado Said to Cost Government Billions by Andrew Baker, December 3, 2019, Natural Gas Intel
The U.S. government has missed out on billions of dollars of revenue from overly generous and outdated terms for oil and gas leases on federal land in Colorado, according to a report by the Taxpayers for ...
- ‘Black wall’ of Frac Secrets: UK Govt ‘release fracking report with 37 of 48 pages entirely blacked out by censor’s pen’ with only one page left unredacted, the front cover.
“People will be wondering why there’s so little the government is willing to reveal about fracking and so much it wants to hide.”
2014: A Government Frac Report Named Redact: UK government heavily censors state-sanctioned report on fracking
Fracking report: Government heavily redacts document revealing tactics for convincing public to accept shale gas, ‘The fact they ...
- **Public** Accounts Standing Committee on AER’s 100% **industry** funded ICORE scandal: Board Chair Bev Yee (who helped cover-up Encana crimes), blathers on, deflects questions, toots for AER Board and UCP, no wonder UCP appointed her Chair. UCP MLA said “public” money was blown on the scandal knowing AER/ICORE rec’d no public funds.
If you have 1.5 hours to throw away, watch this session. Warning, it’s a shoddy, meaningless, repetitive, coddle the new AER Board and UCP govt, irritating waste of time.
Why is the 100% industry-funded AER ICORE scandal eating up taxpayer dollars and govt time with a “Public Accounts Standing Committee?”
This is industry’s problem, not Albertans’.
A new ...
- Oklahoma pipeline operator Williams and its subsidiary Mockingbird Midstream Gas Services sue Railroad Commission of Texas in flaring dispute. Is the Texas regulator legally immune like AER?
Pipeline Operator Sues Railroad Commission In Flaring Dispute by Sergio Chapa, Dec. 3, 2019, Houston Chronicle
The controversial oil and natural gas industry practice of burning off natural gas produced as a byproduct of crude oil production is under fire in a lawsuit filed by a pipeline company alleging that Texas regulators allowed one of its ...
- Jason kenney’s billions of $$$ in corporate welfare not enough? Halliburton to cease cementing operations in Alberta by end of 2019 but “will continue to provide specialty cementing solutions, blends and **chemical additives** to our customers that require our ***proprietary*** products and processes.”
Halliburton to suspend cementing operations in Alberta by Sammy Hudes, Dec 3, 2019, Calgary Herald
A multinational corporation that has operated cementing services in Alberta for close to a century plans to shut down those operations in Western Canada by the end of the month.
Halliburton, an oilfield service company headquartered in Texas, says it is suspending ...
- Oh Canada! RCMP as vile and demented as our legal system? ‘Creepy and unsettling’: Activist voices concerns over her RCMP profile
‘Creepy and unsettling’: Activist voices concerns over her RCMP profile by Jim Bronskill, The Canadian Press, November 30, 2019, Global News
An activist concerned about mining-industry abuses found it “kind of creepy and unsettling” to recently learn the RCMP compiled a six-page profile of her shortly after she turned up at a federal leaders debate during ...
- Frac Hanky Panky hits the UK: Cabinet Office defies **court** order to release 2016 secret gov’t report on frac’ing industry – Like Encana still defying Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench 2014 order to release to Ernst all relevant documents to her lawsuit, most evilly withheld: all chemicals Encana secretly injected into Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers
UK government defies court order to release secret fracking report, The Cabinet Office was ordered to release the report first revealed by Unearthed nearly two years ago by Zach Boren, Nov 28, 2019, Unearthed
The front page of the Cabinet Office report on fracking in the UK reads: “no part of this report or its appendices ...
- Energy: The Losing Sector in the Junk Bond Rally. This year, high yield corporate bond market produced best returns since 2016. Despite this strong performance, Energy sector, which makes up 11% of the HY bond universe, produced **negative returns.** Jason Kenney and AIMCo: Keep your grubby greedy mits off our pensions, including our CPP!~
The Losing Sector In The Junk Bond Rally by seekingalpha, Nov. 26, 2019
SummaryThe high yield corporate bond market has produced its best returns since 2016 this year. Despite this strong performance, the Energy sector, which makes up 11% of the HY bond universe, has produced negative returns.
The article discusses the rationing of capital in the Energy space ...
- “Impeach a Premier?” Jason Kenney & his UCP’s Omnibus Bill fires Election Commissioner investigating Kenney, transfers teachers’ pension funds **without their approval** to underperforming AIMCo. Kenney trying to turf RCMP too because they’re also invesigating him?
Under AIMCo, law allows gov’t to stick in their grubby greedy selfish criminal power hungry fingers and steal it, aka “invest” it, in dying, polluting, aquifer frac’ing, caprock busting, rights-violating, public health harming oil & gas industry or UCP holiday homes in BC far from Alberta’s toxic air & water, etc.
The Losing Sector In The ...
- Kenney goes a beggin’ to Trudeau for mega cash & tax cuts to give yet more $billions in corporate welfare to billion dollar profit raping oil patch; Kenney & CAPP want Canadians (and their heirs and their heirs and their heirs, etc.) to be forced to pay for oil & gas industry’s rape & pillage & pollution of Alberta.
Alberta gov’t is an aquifer-raping, citizen abusing, rights violating, health and education decimating, pension stealing, pathetic cowardly filthy selfish lazy greedy largely American Republican mongrel, with AER the quasi-judicial oil patch pollution and billions of dollars in profits raping enabler.
Will Albertans ever learn? Canada’s biggest oil producers, including Cenovus, hoarding near-record pile of cash
Alberta premier ...
- ‘Compendium of Scientific, Medical, and Media Findings Demonstrating Risks and Harms of Fracking (Unconventional Gas and Oil Extraction) Sixth Edition June 2019’ translated into Spanish
Compendio de hallazgos científicos, médicos y de medios de comunicación que demuestran los riesgos y daños del fracking, 6a. Edición
Date of Publication Dicembre, 2019Licence Public Domain
PDF of Compendium 6 in ...
- World cracked open: When frac’ing came to town. Featuring Texas Sharon (Wilson)
Deep in the north country of Texas, Sharon Wilson — a fifth-generation Texan — and her son used to take her 1996 Chevy truck and drive into the pasture on clear nights. Out there, lying in the bed of her gold pickup truck, snacks in hand, they could see a million stars. That was before ...
- “[Joshua Sealy-Harrington] deconstructing Jordan Peterson’s latest, also dropping knowledge on intersectionality and hierarchy.” … “Brilliant how @joshuasealy eviscerates him. Can we now all finally recognize what a hack @jordenpeterson is please?” … “Not retweeting the original shite article by charlatan of an academic because it’s racist garbage and click bait anyhow.”
As I read this work by Joshua Sealy-Harrington, I could not stop thinking of the phenomenal harm done to humanity by racist, misogynistic authorities: judges, lawyers, church/school/university leaders, academics and police.
Joshua Sealy-Harrington @JoshuaSealy:
I’m over this brand of intersectionality “critique” that fails to engage with #CRT while claiming to dunk on it. So, a responding to @jordanbpeterson’s ...
- Sending your child to school to get cancer? Colorado State air monitoring finds elevated benzene, exceeding federal short-term health guideline, at Greeley School, near Extraction Oil & Gas frac site
Benzene Exposure Near the US Permissible Limit Is Associated With Sperm Aneuploidy
U.S.Centers for Disease Control Preliminary Study: Finds dangerous levels of benzene in frac workers’ urine; Imagine the urine of children living beside frac’ing
Federal judge excuses Shell’s pollution of Illinois town’s groundwater with carcinogen benzene 26,000 times greater than allowed by state law
Garfield County commissioners, ...
- USGS reports 5 earthquakes, including three of 3.6M, strike Oklahoma, felt 247 miles away in Texas and 168 miles away in Kansas, a week after Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals rules New Dominion LLC must face class-action lawsuit filed by Prague earthquake victims
5 earthquakes, including 3 of magnitude 3.6, strike Oklahoma by Associated Press, Nov 23, 2019, koco.com
The 3.6 magnitude quake from Thursday night was reportedly felt in Newton, Kansas, 168 miles to the north, and in Mineral Wells, Texas, 247 miles to the south.
… Thousands of Oklahoma earthquakes in recent years have been linked to underground ...
- In 3-0 decision, Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals rules New Dominion LLC must face class-action lawsuit filed by Prague earthquake victims
Tulsa-based oil and gas company fails to avoid class-action status in lawsuit filed by Prague earthquake victims by Corey Jones, Nov 16, 2019, Tulsaworld
A state appeals panel on Friday affirmed a lower court’s decision to certify a class-action lawsuit against oil and gas companies for victims of the Prague earthquakes from eight years ago.
Jennifer Cooper ...
- Alberta Minister of Red Tape Reduction, Grant Hunter, proclaims UCP to give itself ‘a giant enema.’ Excellent news! UCP is full of shit and needs a good clean out.
This is a great hilarious read about likely the shittiest government to ever hit Alberta.
UCP TO GIVE ALBERTA GOVERNMENT ‘A GIANT ENEMA,’ MINISTER OF ‘RED TAPE REDUCTION’ PROCLAIMS by David Climenhaga, Nov 22, 2019, Alberta Politics
Grant Hunter, associate minister in charge of Alberta’s ministry of “red tape reduction,” got up on his hind legs in ...
- Ewing sarcoma families synergized? Pennsylvania to spend two years and $4M to study possible link between fracking and spike in childhood cancers and other health harms: “We came in with a united goal…and it wasn’t to ban fracking. We want an investigation….” while the frac fumes, chemical spills, waste pits, leaching of radioactive waste into waterways, and drinking water contamination cases escalate unimpeded, frac chemicals remain undisclosed, even to physicians, and children die.
Where is the money coming from? Any “donations” by industry?
Ewings sarcoma: Frac’ing vs Public Health. Are oil & gas industry-funded health studies trustworthy?
New Colorado Frac Study showing health harms. If frac’ing causes short-term health harm via toxic chemicals, and harmed people continue living frac’d and poisoned by venting, flaring, leaking facilities, wells, uncleaned ...
- 20 Days later, Devon blowout still burning in Texas; Families demanding answers about what harmful chemicals they are being exposed to and if “it’s safe to continue living in this area”
Air Quality Concerns Persist in Small Texas Town Following Explosion by Annette Garcia, Nov 22, 2019, spectrumlocalnews.com
Nordheim, Texas — Some families living in a rural area southeast of San Antonio are demanding answers. Margaret Vargas, a resident of the DeWitt County town of Nordheim, Texas, wants to know if they’ve been exposed to harmful chemicals following ...
- Alberta oil patch corporate welfare escalates: County of Barrhead writes off more than $2 million in taxes and penalties accumulated by three companies, Sequoia Resources Corp, Trident Exploration (WX) Corp and Trident Exploration (Alberta), in two short greedy years.
And more evidence proving oil and gas companies must provide ample advance funds to be held in trust and used to pay bills and clean up when companies refuse to or dance happily into responsibility avoiding court-enabled bankruptcies, before being granted approvals or licencing, via AER or any other authority like municipal councils.
County of Barrhead ...
- Auditor General David Wilke nicely slaps AER and Alberta Environment (oil & gas industry’s lapdogs) for some Hanky Panky but who will investigate decades of the “regulators” covering-up endless crimes and public health harming pollution by oil and gas companies? And when?
Financial issues continue in AER, environment ministry: auditor general, Financial reporting problems, improper expenses and mismanagement issues at the Alberta Energy Regulator extended beyond a problematic pet project of the regulator’s former CEO, the auditor general says by Janet French and Moira Wyton, November 21, 2019, Calgary Herald
Financial reporting problems, improper expenses and mismanagement issues ...
- Pennsylvania escalating youth cancers in frac fields, Excellent response to Marcellus Shale Coalition’s latest propaganda: “We get it Mr. Spigelmyer, your job is to sell fracking…. We know the facts on the carcinogens your industry produces as do you, the endocrine disrupting chemicals it hides, and all the gagged litigants who held the smoking guns.”
One of the comments (more realistic than the lobby group’s letter included below):
We get it Mr. Spigelmyer, your job is to sell fracking, which is not unlike being a snake oil salesman, in so many ways. If you are so interested in health science around fracking, why weren’t you at the “Shale and Public ...
- California temporarily bans new frac’ing and high-pressure steam injection. How many companies will attack the ban with lawsuits & threaten to leave town like cry baby Encana?
One day after Chevron announced it had finished cleaning up months-long, nearly 1.4 million-gallon leak in Cymric Oil field, another leak started with a second larger one appearing the next day spilling about 84,0000 gallons of oily fluid into a stream bed. Chevron appeals California State’s $2.7M fine
California: Chevron’s steam injection disaster, oil & wastewater ...
- Down down down they blow! Fracking sector spills more red ink in Q3, Cash flow from E&P companies disappoints debt, equity investors ‒ again
“Effectively, the shale boom is over.” Colorado’s 8 largest public oil & gas producers spent $27 Billion more than they made in past 5 years. Is that why Alberta gov’t wants our pensions? To feed the bleed via AIMCo?
Kenney stealing $16.6 Billion from Alberta teachers to give yet more corporate welfare to polluting oil & ...
- Ovindictive Ovintiv! Investors not happy with your scardy cat run to the USA. Canadian investment firm Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc. (manages about $27 Billion in assets), publicly slams Encana’s plan to flee Canada, says it’s “highly discriminatory” against Canadian investors.
“You cannot pick up a turd by the clean end.”
Letko Brosseau Intends to Vote AGAINST Encana’s Proposed Exit from Canada Press Release by Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc., Nov 17, 2019
Montreal, Quebec, November 17, 2019 – Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc. (“Letko Brosseau”), which exercises control or direction over approximately 4.0% of the outstanding ...
- Hanky Panky hits anti-Alberta Inquiry Commissioner Steve Allan: Why give $905K (more than 1/3 the entire budget) to Dentons Canada, law firm where Allan’s son is partner, Steve Harper works and Alberta Justice Minister Schweitzer was partner. Why such expensive advice to catch some witches flying on brooms made with a few foreign parts?
Inquiry Commissioner Steve Allan donated to justice minister’s (Doug Schweitzer) leadership campaign by Charles Rusnell and Jennie Russell, Nov 15, 2019, CBC News
The commissioner for Alberta’s public inquiry into alleged foreign-funded attacks on the oil industry made a $1,000 donation to the United Conservative Party leadership campaign of Alberta Justice Minister Doug Schweitzer.
The $1,000 cash ...
- Gwyn Morgan whines over the top? Blames Canada for Encana slinking off with Ovarytits (aka Ovintiv) to the USA. Why does Morgan live here if he hates it so much? Too many $Millions in freebies?
A new drug in town: “In an unprecedented burst of honesty, Encana renames itself Ovindictive!”
“You cannot pick up a turd by the clean end.”
“Canada” becoming a dirty word or has “Encana” been a dirty word for years? Name change to Ovintiv brings investors 9.3% drop, biggest drop in a year. Erectile Dysfunction?
Encana fleeing Canada in ...
- Shaun Fluker: Procedural Fairness and the Alberta Inquiry into Anti-Alberta Energy Campaigns. Since when has anything oil and gas related been “fair” except to companies profiting and bankrupting themselves to escape clean up, and politicians and regulators enabling them?
Why no Official Inquiries into companies, gov’t and regulators covering-up industry frac’ing the caprock to hell; illegally frac’ing aquifers; lying to harmed communities and families; contaminating drinking water supplies; polluting air, land and food; and harming public health?
2019 10 29 Tweet below from https://twitter.com/Garossino
The Valley Guy Replying to @Garossino
You mean the same CRA that ...
- Muttart Foundation letter to UCP’s Witch Hunt Chief Steve Allan says inquiry is “polarizing, undemocratic and unfounded.” Privacy and legal experts question Kenney War Room’s FOIP exemption, raise privacy concerns
BC’s Drilling and Fracking Credits a $1.2 Billion Subsidy in Recent Years, Researcher Finds by Andrew MacLeod, 13 Nov 2019, The Tyee
How many $billions in credits in Alberta?
B.C. government says millions in subsidies necessary to prevent fracking industry from packing up natural gas deposits and leaving by Mary Gillis, Aug 15, 2019, SATIRE by The ...
- Gotta love Albertans courageous enough to think for themselves, publicly speak the truth about UCP and Premier Jason Kenney (a cruel greedy power-hungry weak little person)
Non-stop rhetoric from UCP by Scott Schmidt, Nov 16, 2019, Medicine Hat News
Equalization referendums, Canada pension threats, separation, national unity, fair deals, booting the RCMP, war rooms, panels galore, inquiries galore, fights with Trudeau, fights with B.C., fights with Texas, fights with environmental groups, fights with Quebec, fights with the Bloc Quebecois and fights ...
- Colorado: Another *recently* capped energy well leaking in a community. “Who wants one of those in their neighborhood?”
Danger Below? New Properties Hide Abandoned Oil And Gas Wells
Heavily frac’d Colorado seeing earthquakes where they’ve never happened before. “Big booms, roars and shaking homes.”
Louisiana Desoto Parish, Frac’ing Haynesville Shale Problems: Gas eruptions; methane, ethane and benzene in aquifer and drinking water
- Pennsylvania Attorney General Shapiro: Residents “have a state constitutional right to clean air and pure water.” Frac’d residents with flaming methane contaminated water too?
Shapiro declines to confirm a grand jury investigation into natural gas industry by Brad Hundt, Nov 14, 2019, Observer-Reporter
Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro refused to comment this week on whether his office is conducting a criminal investigation of the natural gas industry and its activities in Washington County and elsewhere.
“I can neither confirm nor deny ...
- Devon Energy Blowout Day 13: Air monitors 30 miles away continue to show spikes in harmful pollution, residents worry about their safety and harm to livestock
Devon Energy one step away from capping blowout in DeWitt County by Sergio Chapa, Nov. 12, 2019, Houston Chronicle
Oklahoma exploration and production Devon Energy is one step away from capping a blowout at a natural gas well that has prompted authorities to seal off thousands of acres of land near the Eagle Ford Shale towns ...
- Frac’ing is its own roadkill; Range Resources bites dust in Houston, lays off 50 workers
Range Resources Closes Houston Office, Lays Off Staff by Valerie Jones, November 13, 2019, Rigzone
U.S. natural gas producer Range Resources Corporation will be closing its Houston office, resulting in the layoffs of 50 Houston employees, a company spokesperson confirmed to Rigzone Wednesday.
“Over the last several years, persistent low commodity prices have challenged the energy ...
- Wise & courageous Lacombe County! Votes 6-1 to reject funding request from Synergy Alberta group that works to benefit the oil and gas industry while being deleterious to rural residents.
The Lacombe County ...
- Unlawful arrest near Houston of Unist’ot’en guest: “Today the RCMP have arrested the person complying with the injunction and not those breaking it.” Meanwhile, 800-900 man camp, to last 3-4 years, approved in residential area on Wet’suwet’en territory south of Houston, by Board of Regional District of Buckley-Nechako (previously denied, partly because of TC Energy’s lousy communication with the public)
Child-sex tourism continues to rise in Canada and abroad: two year study. “In Canada, indigenous women and children are especially vulnerable and are often moved around to be exploited near oil rigs”
Study: Counties with fracking have increased rates of sexually transmitted infections; Another study shows link between B.C. extraction industries, domestic abuse
From: Rosemary & John ...
- Encana’s Vexatious Sour Gas Frack Flaring near Grand Prairie, Alberta; After clip posted, Encana pulls a scrubby dubby.
2019 10 28: The Silent Killer Strikes Again: Texas oilfield worker killed after exposure to sour gas at Aghorn Energy site in Odessa, Wife (mother of 3) dies checking on him, Two children exposed but survived. Lawsuit filed.
2017 Ontario: In Norfolk, leaking abandoned industry *sour* gas wells forces exclusion zone for vehicles, vessels, and ...
- The Silent Killer Strikes Again: Texas oilfield worker killed after exposure to H₂S (sour) gas at Aghorn Energy site in Odessa, Wife (mother of 3) dies checking on him, Two children exposed but survived. Lawsuit filed.
Encana’s Vexatious Sour Gas Frack Flaring near Grand Prairie, Alberta; After clip made public, Encana scrubs its Emergency Response Plan from the internet
SPECIAL REPORT: Sour gas from oil wells a deadly problem in southeast Saskatchewan, Human and animal deaths linked to hydrogen sulphide emissions
Lawsuit filed against Aghorn Oil & Gas 4 days after H2S gas ...
- UCP Filthy Lucre Lust: Hands off our CPP! We don’t want AIMCo rendering our pensions into “a pork barrel to convert into welfare payments for fossil fuel billionaires.”
“Effectively, the shale boom is over.” Colorado’s 8 largest public oil & gas producers spent $27 Billion more than they made in past 5 years. Is that why Alberta gov’t wants our pensions? To feed the bleed via AIMCo?
Look Out Alberta Teachers! Over $19 Billion in retirement savings for teachers, state troopers and public workers ...
- “Effectively, the shale boom is over.” Colorado’s 8 largest public oil & gas producers spent $27 Billion more than they made in past 5 years. Is that why Alberta gov’t wants our pensions? To feed the bleed via AIMCo?
Fracked Financials by Bob Donnan, Nov 11, 2019, Bob’s Blog
Low natural gas prices continue to cause layoffs and bankruptcies, with no short term end in sight. We’re also aware that most of the “sweet spots” in the Marcellus Shale have already been drilled out, so future production will be worse than past returns. We also ...
- Fire Rescue: “I heard people talk about new technology to suck carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere. There’s this incredible technology that’s been around for millions of years. It’s called trees, but we just keep clearing….” How many trees does our legal system needlessly kill, daily, just to keep it innaccessible?
Must listen: 7:13 Min.
Yes this is climate change by On Breakfast with Fiona Poole, Sept. 9, 2019, ABC.net.au
Climate Councillor and former NSW Fire and Rescue Commisioner, Greg Mullins is spooked.
He says the start to the 2019 bushfire season is the worst he has ever seen and it can not be ignored.
With more than 50 fires ...
- Scared of UK’s frac ban? USA Senator Pat Toomey introduces a bill to ban a president from banning frac’ing.
Definition of ban from Cambridge Dictionary: “to say officially that something is not allowed, or that someone is not allowed to do something.”
US Senator – NO Fracking Ban! by Bob Donnan, Nov 9, 2019, Bob’s Blog
Pat ‘Drill Baby Drill’ Toomey, the Republican Senator from Pennsylvania, is spearheading a resolution aimed at keeping future presidents from banning ...
- Brilliant comment by Dennis Brady on Kenney’s review of AER: “Is ‘Alberta Energy Regulator’ the new tarmonger euphemism for ‘oil lobbyist’?”
Read about Neil McCrank and his EUB/ERCB/AER Brotherhood first:
Who needs ICORE! EUB trained deregulation – for free. It was the “Brotherhood of regulators,” says ex-EUB Chair Neil McCrank, who enabled the Caroline Cover-up and Encana illegally frac’ing Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers, with the “regulator” abusing it’s power, punishing Ernst instead of the company; was ...
- Kenney’s $2.5 Million “Public Inquiry” Witch Hunt has paid law firm Dentons Canada $905,000 so far! Is Steve Allan’s job to steal from Alberta taxpayers to give to lawyers in exchange for Kenney favours? What a toxic circus Alberta govt is.
Comment in from a citizen in BC:
Wow, thanks to the KKKenney “public inquiry” into the anti-Alberta energy campaigns that are supported by foreign organizations’” I now realize why I’m so opposed to oil and gas extraction! It must be because I’m only a first-generation Canadian on both sides, and the evil influence of foreign powers/organizations ...
- “Freedom of Information?” Saskatchewan govt, after disrespecting Privacy Commissioner and wasting much of Regina prof Patricia Elliot’s time and money, finally releases 4,300 pages relating to Husky’s bitumen & secret chemical additives spill into North Saskatchewan River in 2016
One of the comments:
Helmer JoanneThank goodness there are still people with the integrity and the resources to try to get basic background information about what this government is doing. It pretends to be open and transparent. It’s about as transparent as a piece of tin foil.
Regina prof finally granted Husky oil spill-related documents, “I am ...
- Magnificent article by Andrew Nikiforuk: UK Ban Adds to the Tremors Taking Down the Fracking Industry
Because many are arguing that the UK frac ban is not a ban, only a moratorium, I added the definition of “ban” and snap below from Cambridge Dictionary:
“to say officially that something is not allowed, or that someone is not allowed to do something”
UK Ban Adds to the Tremors Taking Down the Fracking Industry, How ...
- A new drug in town: “In an unprecedented burst of honesty, Encana renames itself Ovindictive!”
This post will be a running collection of input relating to Encana’s latest attempt to save itself by running away to the USA and name change to Ovintiv Inc.
Albertan: “Nothing like settling things down … like these last few drops of clean water!”
(OVALTV ad sent with the comment)
Albertan: “A new drug in town? Can you ...
- UPDATED: Chesapeake Energy stock drops 47% in past two days! CHK drowning in $10 billion of debt, nearly five times more than the company’s entire market value.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation Teams Up With Bankrupt GasFrac (Calgary) To Test Gelled (with what toxic chemicals?) LNG (Highly Dangerous) Fracking in Ohio
Kenney stealing $16.6 Billion from Alberta teachers to give yet more corporate welfare to polluting oil & gas & frac bankrupters via AIMCo? Includes revealing comments by Diana Daunheimer.
Chesapeake Stock Tumbled — and That’s ...
- UK: The power of “NO!” And more blows: ruling that frac’ing will not be categorised as “nationally significant infrastructure” with 800 councilors voting against weakening frac permissions to make them same as for garden sheds
2014 05 04: The Power of NO! HUGE VICTORY BY THE PEOPLE, BUSINESSES, COMMUNITY AND CITY OF LETHBRIDGE Alberta: Goldenkey withdraws from Penny Project
Fracking is finished in the UK – thanks to the power of public protest, Creativity, solidarity and determination have stopped the government-backed ‘dash for gas’ in its tracks by Anna Vickerstaff, 5 ...
- Another oil company punts workers, scurries away under AER’s armpits and our courts. Houston Oil & Gas, Calgary-based, put into receivership, leaves 1,300 wells, 41 facilities, 251 pipelines to be cleaned up by Santa Claus at cost of over $81.5M (Take the money from Kenny’s $30M War Room and Steve Allan’s $2.5M Witch Hunt, etc)
How many piddly millions in Alberta’s Orphan-Well-Get-Out-of-Jail-Free Club?
Kenney stealing $16.6 Billion from Alberta teachers to give yet more corporate welfare to polluting oil & gas & frac bankrupters via AIMCo?
Kenney’s $4.5 billion in corporate tax cuts obviously not enough to feed the greed.
BNN Interviews Alberta Oil Patch Consultant Brent Nimeck on Lexin and AER’s Orphan ...
- Look Out Alberta Teachers! Over $19 Billion in retirement savings for teachers, state troopers and public workers lost over last decade by California & Colorado state pension funds investing in fossil fuels.
Kenney stealing $16.6 Billion from Alberta teachers to give yet more corporate welfare to polluting oil & gas & frac bankrupters via AIMCo? Includes revealing comments by Diana Daunheimer
Malcolm Mayes cartoon in Edmonton Journal, Nov 2019
Shale Slaughter Continues; Wall Street turned off the tap on credit for drillers
World’s Biggest Fund Manager, BlackRock, lost $90 Billion ...
- Shale gas frac’ing wasted ‘millions of taxpayers’ cash’, say scientists; Frac quakes force Tory Gov’t to Ban Frac’ing. Fracking Free Ireland Welcomes the Ban in Press Release to all TDs & MPs while industry spins itself silly
Actually we are a vulgar, pushing mob whose passions are easily mobilized by demagogues, newspaper men, religious quacks, agitators and such like. To call this a society of free peoples is blasphemous. What have we to offer the world besides the superabundant loot which we recklessly plunder from the earth under ...
- Media report: 8,000 acres evacuated/roads shut near Yorkton, South Texas because of Devon Energy’s Natural Gas & Condensate Blowout. Raging Three Days. Record high levels of benzene, 8 ppb, on state air monitor, Karnes City, 30 miles away.
Nov. 5, 2019: Three days into the blowout, media reports!
Thousands of acres sealed off following blowout at Eagle Ford Shale well by Sergio Chapa, November 5, 2019, chron.com
The rural area northewest of the DeWitt County towns of Yorktown and Nordheim are home to hundreds of oil and natural gas wells.
Thousands of acres of land remain ...
- Kenney stealing $16.6 Billion from Alberta teachers to give yet more corporate welfare to polluting oil & gas & frac bankrupters via AIMCo? Includes revealing comments by Diana Daunheimer.
Shale Slaughter Continues; Wall Street turned off the tap on credit for drillers
Where did all those promises of endless frac riches & jobs go? Two of Canada’s biggest frac companies report double-digit percentage revenue declines: Calgary-based Trican (36 per cent fall) and Calfrac (21 per cent fall)
U.S. Shale Is Doomed No Matter What ...
- Shale Slaughter Continues; Wall Street turned off the tap on credit for drillers
No wonder the slaughter continues, 1:12 Min Nov 4, 2019 by Cineplex Rex:
Beyond all the shale gas spin it is clear to see how fast gas production drops from Marcellus Shale wells when you look at the actual production reports.
U.S. Shale Braces For Brutal Earnings Season by Nick Cunningham, Oct 28, 2019, Oilprice.com
… Some of ...
- UK: Unbelievable! Tory Gov’t bans frac’ing! In Canada, when frac harms ramp up and industry demands deregulation, regulators deregulate. UK decision taken after new scientific study warns it’s not possible to rule out “unacceptable” consequences for those living near frac sites
Some argue this is a moratorium, not a ban. I’ve learned it does not matter what it’s called when gov’ts say frac’ing is not allowed, e.g. stopping or blocking frac’ing, even if it’s just to get votes (which is what politicians do).
A legislated ban can be lifted or repealed by the same gov’t or ...
- “Canada” becoming a dirty word or has “Encana” been a dirty word for years? Name change to Ovintiv brings investors 9.3% drop, biggest drop in a year. Erectile Dysfunction?
Encana doesn’t even have the corporate courage or stamina to heed Alberta’s Rules of Court. The fleeing company still has not released all relevant documents to Ernst for her lawsuit, as ordered by Court of Queen’s Bench Chief Justice Neil C. Wittmann in July 2014.
‘Canada’ is becoming a dirty word in the oil patch by ...
- Synergy strikes again! The Cynthia and George Mitchell Foundation, with $300 Million in assets, wants frac’ing to be more regulated and less polluting. Multi-Millionaires can dream.
Fracking pioneer’s charity challenges industry orthodoxy by James Osborne James Osborne, Oct. 31, 2019, Houston Chronicle
WASHINGTON – Four years ago, a group of oil and gas executives and environmental experts, assembled by the Cynthia and George Mitchell Foundation, prepared to publish a report calling on Texas regulators to adopt rules to reduce the risk of ...
- Encana fleeing Canada in Scheer desperation? Shares drop 9.2%! Illegal aquifer-frac’er, caprock buster, poisoning bully of families and briber/divider of communities running to USA, changing its spots to Ovintiv Inc. Erectile Dysfunction drug or cross between Ovaltine in vintage container and a vagina?
Accompanying music to Encana’s news & name change: Fox On The Run by Sweet:
I don’t wanna know your name‘Cause you don’t look the sameThe way you did before …
Fox on the runYou scream and everybody comes a runningTake a run and hide yourself awayFoxy on the runF-foxyFox on the runAnd hide away …
Looks like ...
- Nature: Canadian scientists relieved as Trudeau ekes out election win, Progressive parties’ showing bodes well for action on climate policies and science funding, researchers say
Canadian scientists relieved as Trudeau ekes out election win, Progressive parties’ showing bodes well for action on climate policies and science funding, researchers say by Brian Owens, Oct 22, 2019, Nature 574, 606 (2019), doi: 10.1038/d41586-019-03208-w
Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau won a second term on 21 October, but his Liberal Party lost its majority ...
- Happy Hallowe’en to you and yours, from the back door to Steve Allan’s War Room Inquiry in Alberta!
For details on Mr. Allan’s inquiry:
CAPP/Kenney’s Snitch Submission Email for $2.5 Million “McCarthy style witch hunt” of courageous concerned citizens, to help polluting, job-decimating, billion $ profit-taking, largely foreign-owned multinationals. The Inquiry lies, says not linked to Kenney’s war room even though inquiry is reportedly paid for out of war room’s budget! Inquiry Commissioner Steve ...
- UK: “Victory for Communities & Common Sense.” PM Boris Johnson hints at frac ban; Previously had urged UK to “leave no stone unturned, or unfracked.” UK Oil and Gas Authority to report this week on links between frac’ing and earthquakes.
Boris Johnson poised to rule out new fracking, say sources, Decision would mark U-turn for PM, who once said fracking was ‘glorious news for humanity’ by Jillian Ambrose, Oct 31, 2019, The Guardian
The prime minister could be poised to sound the death knell for the UK’s controversial shale gas industry after more than a decade ...
- Ewings sarcoma: Frac’ing vs Public Health. Are oil & gas industry-funded health studies trustworthy?
How one industry greases the squeaky wheel of corruption around the world by Glenn Altschuler, Oct 13, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
… In “Blowout: Corrupted Democracy, Rogue State Russia, and the Richest, Most Destructive Industry on Earth,” Rachel Maddow, news-and-commentary anchor on MSNBC, author of “Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power,” and holder of a doctorate ...
- Nikiforuk: New report by BC regulator admits frac quake risk is high with formations “in a near critical state, meaning only small fluid pressure increases are sufficient to cause specific sets of fractures and faults to become critically stressed.” Researchers still can’t say where or why; Public complaints surging as frac quakes escalate. Have you read the small print of your home insurance policy?
BC Tap Water Alliance Press Release: Attribution Science Proves Now is the Time for Canadians to Step Up and Sue the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers and the Alberta Energy Regulator for Cumulative Fraud
Excellent comment to Nikiforuk’s article!
“A major review of fracking commissioned by the B.C. government found similar issues in its report released earlier ...
- $147M to be cut in fees industry pays to AER. In addition to the $103M Kenney already cut from money industry pays AER?
AER too corrupt to stay alive? Slithering down fracs to meet Glenn Solomon (AER’s outside counsel) in Hell with $100M in budget cuts? Or, just another Kenney/AER/CAPP scam to take more money from Alberta taxpayers?
Job losses and $147M drop in industry levy to hit AER by Chris Varcoe, Oct 25, 2019, Calgary Herald
A $500,000 review ...
- BC Tap Water Alliance Press Release: Attribution Science Proves Now is the Time for Canadians to Step Up and Sue the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers and the Alberta Energy Regulator for Cumulative Fraud
BC Tap Water Alliance Media Release, October 28, 2019 (www.bctwa.org)
Attribution Science Proves Now is the Time for Canadians to Step Up
and Sue the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers and
the Alberta Energy Regulator for Cumulative Fraud
Vancouver: “Attribution Science,” an important new branch of academic learning, attributes the blame for most of the world’s atmospheric pollution directly ...
- The reason for Jason Kenney’s $30 Million Gift-to-Industry War Room – Vivian Krause – dropped as keynote speaker at Banff business communications conference
Excellent Must Read by Law Prof Martin Olszynski: Everything You Wish You Didn’t Need to Know About the Alberta Inquiry into Anti-Alberta Energy Campaigns Oct 17, 2019, ablawg.ca
Debunked: Vivian Krause’s Tar Sands Campaign conspiracy narrative by Markham Hislop, May 14, 2019, energi.medi
A data-based dismantling of Jason Kenney’s foreign-funding conspiracy theory by Sandy Garossino, October 3rd ...
- Radioactive frac waste piling higher and higher; Groundwater used by families showing significant increases in radium. Montana regulator, DEQ, trying to increase radiation limit for frac waste up four times, four times more than allowed in any other state.
“What will they do with all the frac waste?” people asked Ernst on her speaking tours.”They will make us eat and drink it,” Ernst replied. (And later we find out: drive, walk, run, bike on it)
Radioactive fracking waste could end up in Missoula landfill by Laura Lundquist, Oct 26, 2019, KPAX.com
MISSOULA — The state of ...
- Stanford study casts doubt on carbon capture. Carbon capture technologies can cause more harm than good and increase air pollution!
And what of the groundwater contamination?
Standford study casts doubt on carbon capture. Current approaches to carbon capture can increase air pollution and are not efficient at reducing carbon in the atmosphere, according to research from Mark Z. Jacobson by Taylor Kubota, Oct 25, 2019, news.standford.edu
One proposed method for reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) levels in the ...
- Kenney warns Albertans to brace for major cuts while giving massive tax cuts to rich corporations. CitizenWhoPaysTaxes: “Mom… how come we can’t have any nice things? Shut up son and wave to the nice Mr Kenney.”
Refresher on the nice Mr. Kenney:
Premier Jason Kenney gives oil & gas industry $30 million gift from taxpayers to attack concerned citizens courageous enough to speak out
The orchestrated fraud & corporate welfare stench grows! Alberta municipalities abused by Petro-Pussy Premier Jason Kenney (Steve Harper/Koch Bros spawn?) to feed industry’s insatiable greed “now own what they ...
- 2025 Manifesto: Alberta’s separation from Canada
- Is AER making those who “leave” sign gag orders with payouts to keep secret the dirty goings on at the “Brotherhood” and Orphan Well Get-Out-of-Jail-Free Club? Nicely enabled by Alberta gov’t pretending to “clean” house while ramping up deregulation for industry to pollute and harm more?
e.g. Hanky Panky Ellis & the ICORE Gang;
CAPP creator/President, ex-Encana VP, first AER Chair Gerri Protti;
recently let go Chair & Directors;
three executives sent packing today, including Ex-Encana manager Mark Taylor;
non-health professional Monique Dubé who published lies about frac-harmed citizens and violated their privacy rights in AER “health” assessment;
EUB Chair Neil ...
- Where did AER’s Executive VP Mark Taylor go? He was Encana manager when the company illegally frac’d Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers, then lied about it to 200 concerned community members, promising Encana would only frac far below fresh water zones (same lie touted by frac’ers everywhere), after area water wells had already gone bad, and were being investigated by – of course – the criminal, with regulator and govt blessings.
Encana still has not disclosed to Ernst, in document exchange ordered by Justice Neil C. Wittmann in July 2014, the chemical additives injected directly into the aquifers that supply her well and community, and in the fresh water zones on hundreds of shallow gas wells nearby.
Did Mark Taylor direct Ryan Bartlett to lie, or write ...
- England: National Audit Office releases report on shale gas, estimates £32.7m (~ €38m; $55.5m) spent by public bodies since 2011 with frac’ing going nowhere but quaking & shaking; damaging wellbores & hundreds of homes; leaving landowners “liable for decommissioning costs of shale gas wells should an operator be unable to fund them” with the regulator unable to “explain what would happen should a landowner be unable to meet decommissioning costs.”
It’s shameful that Canada and her provinces are too cowardly to have such a courageous integral office investigating frac’ing. All Canada got, was pro frac’ing (publicly proclaimed) Dr. John Cherry and his feeble, fraudulent, avoid the obvious and the damning data/published studies review and report by the Council of Canadian Academies, and the damning review ...
- In Texas, energy companies cut nearly 6,000 jobs over past four months. In western Canada, Husky cutting hundreds of jobs, most cuts in Calgary. Kenney’s $4.5 billion in corporate tax cuts obviously not enough to feed the greed.
Husky Energy reports $328M first quarter profit, up from $249M a year ago by The Canadian Press, April 26, 2019
Shale Slump: Oil field service sector braces for more pain by Sergio Chapa, Oct. 21, 2019, Houston Chronicle
The Houston oil field services company Halliburton is bracing for a prolonged slump in demand for hydraulic fracturing services ...
- Trump administration sued for failing to release Gulf of Mexico frac records. Administration quietly issued more than 1,700 waivers of offshore drilling safety rules adopted after deadly 2010 BP Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill.
Trump Administration Sued for Failing to Release Gulf of Mexico Fracking Records Press Release by Biological Diversity, Oct 22, 2019
NEW ORLEANS— The Center for Biological Diversity sued the Trump administration today for failing to release public documents revealing the extent and risks of fracking of offshore oil and gas wells ...
- Lawsuits in USA testing “attribution science.” Researchers can link weather events to emissions and companies responsible. “This body of literature…tells us that dangerous climate change is upon us, and people are suffering and dying…and it’s going to get worse.” For any potential uncertainty about climate attribution, there’s at least one truth that should override the rest: Fossil fuel companies “were aware decades ago what trouble climate change would be.”
The new science fossil fuel companies fear, Researchers can now link weather events to emissions – and to the companies responsible. A string of lawsuits is about to give “attribution science” a real-life test by Zack Colman, Oct 22, 2019, Politco.com
Richard Heede spent a decade digging through “disheveled, dusty” tomes in libraries around the world ...
- Holy Frac-a-Leaky-Moly! New study in BC. Atmospheric pressure can dramatically affect how much industry’s leaking natural gas might escape from subsurface into atmosphere. “Decreases in barometric-pressure led to surface gas breakthroughs (more than 20-fold increase in less than 24 hrs), even in the presence of low-permeability surficial soils.”
Atmospheric pressure affects fugitive emissions, New study underscores need for continuous monitoring of fugitive methane emissions by Nelson Bennett, Oct 18, 2019, biv.com
A new study that demonstrates atmospheric pressure can increase or decrease methane emissions from leaky oil and gas wells underscores the need for better monitoring and measuring in B.C.’s natural gas fields.
Researchers from ...
- McKittrick, California: One day after Chevron announced it had finished cleaning up months-long, nearly 1.4 million-gallon leak in Cymric Oil field, another leak started with a second larger one appearing the next day spilling about 84,0000 gallons of oily fluid into a stream bed. Chevron appeals state’s $2.7M fine
New oil leaks surface at Chevron operation near McKittrick by John Cox, Oct 17, 2019, Bakersfield.com
A pair of oil leaks that opened up last weekend near McKittrick are the latest indications of the challenges facing Chevron as it works to come into compliance with recent state rules prohibiting uncontrolled releases of crude and water known ...
- Watch out Canada! Standing united, Australian newspapers black out front pages to fight against increasing govt secrecy laws, penalizing whistle blowers and criminalizing journalism. “The truth is, those in power don’t want the public to know what they’re up to and are shutting down transparency and accountability to serve their own interests”
Australian newspapers black out front pages to fight back against secrecy laws, United campaign by media companies highlights government moves to penalise whistleblowing and criminalise journalism by Calla Wahlquist, Oct 20, 2019, The Guardian.com
The front pages of Australian daily newspapers on Monday replicated a heavily redacted government document as part of a united campaign to ...
- Insurance Journal Officials: Nearly Half of all Texas Traffic Deaths Occur in Energy-Producing Areas. In 2018, 1,673 people died and more than 6,000 seriously injured in crashes in Barnett Shale, Eagle Ford Shale, Granite Wash, Haynesville/Bossier Shale and Permian Basin
Officials: Nearly Half of all Texas Traffic Deaths Occur in Energy-Producing Areas by Insurance Journal, October 18, 2019
Texas continues to lead the nation in oil and gas production, creating jobs and prosperity statewide, but communities in the state’s main energy production areas have also seen a rise in deaths on the road accounting for close ...
- U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board first to confirm 5,239 pounds of **toxic hydrofluoric acid** was released in Philadelphia Energy Solutions June 21 explosion, when *health* authorities proclaimed the blast air safe to breath
Philly refinery blast released 5,000 pounds of deadly chemical, federal investigators say, Aging, thin pipe likely cause of fire by Andrew Maykuth, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Oct 16, 2019, in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Philadelphia dodged several potential catastrophes during a dramatic June 21 refinery blast, which released about 5,239 pounds of deadly chemical and launched pieces ...