- Baytown Texas Exxon plant explosion & fire: Shelter-in-place ordered. 37 people injured. What home, office, shop or duct tape will keep these toxic fumes out?
Excellent photos at link:
37 people injured from explosion at ExxonMobil plant in Baytown; shelter-in-place lifted by Michelle Iracheta and Jay R. Jordan, July 31, 2019, Houston Chronicle
UPDATE 3:12 p.m.
The shelter-in-place in Baytown has been lifted, and air monitoring near the explosion site has not detected anything concerning, according to a tweet from the city’s ...
- Pipeline in NW Alberta leaks 100,000 litres contaminated water. More AER Media deflection? Keep the public, community of Fox Creek and summer campers unaware of much more serious, potentially life-threatening, 460,000 litres leak/spill/frac hit? at Sprocket Energy’s abandoned sour gas well near Smoke Lake Provincial Park and campground?
Why media reporting on two much smaller spills, but not on Sprocket Energy’s sour gas spill/leak/frac hit? at Frac Frenzy Quakin’ and a Shakin’ Fox Creek that did affect a water body and that AER issued a serious order against Sprocket for?
Important 2017 reference:
New Study: Sulfide-producing bacteria dominate hydraulically fractured shale oil & gas wells. ...
- Father blames Chevron as he and son Ryan battle illness, Welts, rashes after Ryan bathed in water that felt slippery. Ernst’s water felt slippery too, caused burns, rashes, welts to her skin after Encana illegally injected 18 million litres of frac fluid into her community’s drinking water aquifers. Cover-up, lies, law violations, threats, bullying, shaming by Alberta regulators to protect Encana, law-violating aquifer frac’er
Father blames Chevron as he and son battle illness by David Templeton and Don Hopey, July 29, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Bryan Latkanich, 48, thumbs through photographs he took showing red welts and rashes all over the body of his son, Ryan, after the boy took a bath in April 2013 in water that he described as ...
- Why is Alberta continuing to licence costly headaches to known big brute polluters and law violators such as Teck?
Are the feds really going to allow polluting, law violating, disrespectful Teck to pollute more?
Another polluting Canadian corporation thinks it’s above the law? Teck will continue to fight U.S. judgement even though U.S. Supreme Court denied hearing Teck’s appeal
Lying and stealing are next door neighbors. Proverb
Refer also to! 2019: Teck reportedly rakes in $12 Billion ...
- Another oil company, Rex Energy, bites the frac dust: After 7 years, Woodlands Pa residents still have no water. But some got cash to keep quiet. How cruel is that? As cruel as Encana giving money to some residents at Rosebud Alberta, but not others, and most disgusting, refusing to stop frac’ing into drinking water zones after the community’s water got frac’d.
Designed to Fail: Why Regulatory Agencies Don’t Work
Fouled Waters: Woodlands residents search for ways to survive without clean water
Fouled Waters: Woodlands trying to solve its own problems, Water tests by state, U.S. agencies, driller provide no answers
After 7 years, these Pa. residents still have no water. But they got cash to keep quiet by Wallace ...
- The DEregulation goes on and on and on: Conventional Oil & Gas Industry Major 2019 Goal: To Restore Program To Spread Well Waste Water On Roads (without oversight and keeping toxic chemical contents secret)
“What will they do with all the frac waste?” people asked Ernst on her speaking tours.”They will make us eat and drink it,” Ernst replied. (And later we find out: drive, walk, run, bike on it)
Conventional Oil & Gas Industry Has A Major Goal In 2019– To Restore Program To Spread Waste Water From Wells ...
- 2015: Spyglass Resources receivership raises well abandonment liability questions
Spyglass Resources receivership raises well abandonment liability questions by Dan Healing, Nov 26, 2015, Calgary Herald
The failure of junior Spyglass Resources Corp. on Thursday is the first for a conventional Calgary-based oil and gas producer in the current downturn and raises questions about how the province will deal with well reclamation liabilities if the ...
- Oil company Anadarko’s quick secret settlement with families in Firestone Colorado home explosion that killed two, injured two and damaged a neighbouring home later bought by Anadarko; Investigation found Anadarko guilty, not nature.
Compare Colorado regulator negligence with Alberta’s, both greedily putting lives and property at risk to enable more profits for oil and gas multinationals:
Investigators say an accumulation of gases appears to have caused the explosion that destroyed the Rosebud Alberta water tower and sent a Wheatland County employee to hospital with serious injuries
Diana Daunheimer’s Excellent Summation ...
- Alberta Oil Magazine interviews AER Boss Jim Ellis in 2016 on changing face of Alberta’s energy regulation: “The expectation of this government is for us to regulate and that’s what we’re doing.” Didn’t he mean, “Deregulate?”
A little intro:
2009: Cupid’s arrow pierces energy regulator, Alberta’s ERCB
… Just when I started to think I’d entered a Seinfeld script, things got more entertaining. I called up Andrew Nikiforuk, the one person I know who is familiar with the board and, married with three sons, also with ...
- 2016 Study shows Alberta taxpayers missing out on $45 Million **every year** in surface rights fees. Just more Synergy bribery feeding the greed to keep rural Albertans obediently complicit to abuses by the oil & gas industry?
Taxpayers missing out on $45M a year in surface rights fees, study by Matt McClure, January 18, 2016, Calgary Herald
Taxpayers are out an estimated $45 million a year because the former Tory regime balked at enacting a law that would have meant most of the fees paid by oil and gas companies for access to ...
- BRILLIANT COURAGEOUS REPORTING by Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, The Human Toll, Part 2: Industry says otherwise (of course they do!), but studies identify specific harms that shale-gas pollution can cause for fetuses, newborns, children and teenagers
The industry says otherwise, but studies identify specific harms that shale-gas pollution can cause for fetuses, newborns, children and teenagers by David Templeton, Don Hopey, Andrew Rush, July 18, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
People desiring open space, fresh air, green vistas and solitude frequently seek out rural areas, and that’s what Tim ...
- Encana causes dozens frac quakes near Kingfisher, Oklahoma, including a 3.9M that might be the states largest
Encana halts Oklahoma well completion following quake by Liz Hampton, July 25, 2019, Reuters in Financial Post, Last Updated July 25, 2019
Oklahoma following two earthquakes within a day in the same area, the state’s oil and gas regulator said on Thursday.
The company paused operations for 12 hours after a 3.2 magnitude quake hit late Wednesday ...
- The orchestrated fraud & corporate welfare stench grows! Alberta municipalities abused by Petro-Pussy Premier Jason Kenney (Steve Harper/Koch Bros spawn?) to feed industry’s insatiable greed “now own what they voted for!”
Key Shields quotes:
The entire Alberta energy industry has been designed to cheat the Alberta public owners of petroleum wealth within the boundaries of our province!!
The answer is of course to disband the AER that are not and have not worked in the best interest of the Alberta owning public!!
- Study: Oil Gas Industry Wastewater spread on roads to control dust & ice in at least 13 states, including Pennsylvania, poses threat to environment & human health; Ohio regulator tests on Aquasalina/Nature’s Own Source (made with frac waste, spread on roads, sold at Lowes and to cities for years) showed combined radium 226 & 228 exceeded USEPA Safe Drinking Water limits by average factor of 300
In Canada, no one’s studying it (of course not), but some citizens have documented it.
Excellent visual summary by frackingcanada (thank you!~):
7:40 Min Video at link: http://www.frackingcanada.ca/home/
This post is dedicated to FrackingCanada.
Radium has been widely spread on Pennsylvania roadways without regulation: Study by Kristina Marusic, May 30, 2018, Environmental Health News
Wastewater from the oil and gas industry ...
- Oklahoma citizens with property in nine central counties (about 400 homes and some businesses) that suffered damage from 2011 earthquakes caused by oil industry waste injection gain class-action status
Earthquake lawsuit gains class-action status by Adam Wilmoth, May 22, 2019, NewsOK
A lawsuit claiming oil company New Dominion LLC is responsible for damage caused by the 2011 earthquakes near Prague has gained class-action status and is scheduled for trial in September.
Judge Lori Walkley ruled Friday that the class includes Oklahoma citizens with residential or business ...
- Fayette County, WV tried to break its energy industry dependence, banned disposal of drilling waste. Industry fought back, arguing communities don’t get a say (in being poisoned). The courts overruled the county’s common sense & public health protection. No matter how nasty judges get, take a stand! It’s always worth it!
One West Virginia County Tried to Break Its Dependence on the Energy Industry. It was Overruled. After seeing the scars of coal, Fayette County banned the disposal of natural gas drilling waste. Industry fought back, arguing the community doesn’t get a say by Ken Ward Jr., May 4, 2018, The Charleston Gazette-Mail
This article was produced in ...
- “What will they do with all the frac waste?” people asked Ernst on her speaking tours.”They will make us eat and drink it,” Ernst replied. (And later we find out: drive, walk, run, bike on it)
annie_fiftyseven comment to Andrew Nikiforuk’s article in The Tyee
“There are more than 100 deep injection wells in northern B.C. The LNG industry could require the construction of hundreds more to support increased fracking.
In recent years the OGC has shut down three injection wells because of earthquake hazards and closed down another seven as their reservoir pressure reached its ...
- Pennsylvania Superior Court Fractures Long-Standing Rule of Capture; Appeals court rejects frac company’s appeal
Court rejects fracking company’s appeal in “rule of capture” decision by Susan Phillips, June 11, 2018, State Impact Pennsylvania
A Pennsylvania appeals court on Friday rejected a request by a natural gas production company to rehear a case whose outcome could affect drillers across the country.
The case, Briggs v. Southwestern Energy Production Company, involves the legal ...
- Another new study: Fracking Activities May Contribute to Anxiety and Depression During Pregnancy
Fracking Activities May Contribute to Anxiety and Depression During Pregnancy by Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, July 24, 2019, Science Daily
A new study identifies a link between proximity to hydraulic fracking activities and mental health issues during pregnancy.
A new study led by a researcher at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health identifies ...
- New National Security & Intelligence Review Agency (NSIRA) members announced: Outgoing NDP MP Murray Rankin, Q.C. (Chair) & U of Ottawa prof Craig Forcese; Multi-hatted watchdog will have full access to virtually all information held by federal govt. Why? To give to Israel and multinational corporations, and abuse innocent Canadians with?
Murray Rankin’s ‘daunting’ role as new spy watchdog by Jack Knox, July 25, 2019, Times Colonist
You can just about hear Murray Rankin gulp over the phone from Ottawa.
“Let’s be honest, it’s daunting,” the Victoria MP says of his new challenge. “But it’s so important.”
“It” is Rankin’s appointment by Justin Trudeau to head an independent watchdog ...
- Fracking Sacred Ground: “We have no place to run,” Tso said. “We have no place to take shelter.”
Fracking Sacred Ground by Elizabeth Miller, winter 2018, Orion Magazine
Tribal members from Arizona, North Dakota, and Canada gathered to talk about traffic, violence, and their worries for a younger generation growing up while breathing in what blows off an oil field.
Daniel Tso said it has been like facing a tidal wave.
“The tsunami of fracking has ...
- UK: Oil company says (who believes oil companies these days?) “We’re not to blame for Surrey earthquake” – but local concerns remain
UK: Oil company says “We’re not to blame for Surrey earthquake” – but local concerns remain by Ruth Hayhurst drill or drop, originally posted April 8, 2019, reposted July 24, 2019
A few comments first to the article included below
Sherwulfe April 4, 2018 at 5:21 pm
Perhaps another coinsidence?
[Above link to MUST WATCH visual, stunning damages caused by ...
- Heavily frac’d Colorado seeing earthquakes where they’ve never happened before. “Big booms, roars and shaking homes.”
Originally posted April 8, 2019, reposted July 24, 2019
Small earthquake recorded north of Glenwood Springs by David Mitchell, April 7, 2018, KDVR.com
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colo. — An earthquake shook the ground near Glenwood Springs early Saturday morning.
The weak tremor, registering as a 2.7 magnitude quake, was recorded in the Flat Tops, roughly 18 miles from Glenwood Springs.
The U.S. ...
- Competing with Alberta? Large 4.6 Magnitude Earthquake Recorded In Garfield County, Oklahoma, Felt across wide area in the state
Originally posted April 8, 2019, reposted July 24, 2019
Large 4.6 Magnitude Earthquake Recorded In Garfield County, Oklahoma Multiple Earthquakes Recorded In Oklahoma Saturday by News9, April 7, 2018
GARFIELD COUNTY, Oklahoma – A 4.6 magnitude earthquake was reported in Garfield County, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. Officials report the earthquake was centered near Perry around 7:16 a.m. The quake was ...
- Brilliant letter by John Baxter: TAR SANDS ARE NOT OILSANDS. Nikiforuk risks arrest on Burnaby Mountain for future of his sons. Kinder Morgan Canada Ltd’s Investors Getting Nervous? Company pulls back in a Sunday Press Release!
Originally posted April 8, 2018, reposted July 24, 2019
TAR SANDS ARE NOT OILSANDS by John Baxter, published in the 1990’s in Gulf Islands Driftwood (Salt Spring Island newspaper)
In the late 1950’s I spent part of a very cold winter North of Fort McMurray supervising an exploratory drilling project to evaluate the reserves of ‘Bitumen’ under our company’s ‘Alberta ...
- Contaminated Life: The true cost and human rights impacts of unconventional gas
CONTAMINATED LIFE: THE TRUE COST AND HUMAN RIGHTS IMPACTS OF UNCONVENTIONAL GAS MINING IN AUSTRALIA by Michelle Maloney, July 2018, humans and nature
In October 2015, the farming community surrounding the small township of Chinchilla, South East Queensland was rocked by the tragic suicide of 68-year-old George Bender. Born and raised as a fifth generation farmer in ...
- AER suspends oil & gas firm’s licences after no one answers emergency number; “Best in the World” AER also doesn’t answer their emergency number! Who suspends their licence?
From frackingcanada a few years ago:
Slide from Ernst presentations:
Alberta regulator suspends oil and gas firm’s licences after no one answers emergency number by The Canadian Press, April 2, 2018, Calgary Herald
CALGARY — The Alberta Energy Regulator says it has suspended the licences of an oil and gas producer after no one answered its 1-800 emergency phone ...
- Another study: Inadequate state oil & gas regulations threaten groundwater resources. In Canada too? With AER’s “Best in the World” Lies & Charter violations to silence harmed citizens?
INADEQUATE STATE OIL AND GAS REGULATIONS THREATEN GROUNDWATER RESOURCES, STUDY FINDS by PSE Healthy Energy, March 12, 2018
OAKLAND, CA, MARCH 12, 2018 — Definitions of “protected groundwater” in 17 state oil and gas regulations are inconsistent and in many cases less protective than federal regulations used by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Bureau ...
- Chester County, Pennsylvania: Tormented by Hell Holes (sink holes), Then your home bought out & family gagged
Sunoco buys two homes at Chester County site of Mariner East 2-related sinkhole, State and county documents show company paid $400,000 each for properties by Jon Hurdle, April 29, 2019, State Impact
Sunoco Pipeline bought two homes on Lisa Drive, the Chester County development and pipeline construction site where residents have been tormented by sinkholes since ...
- Secrets & lies by AER & Alberta govt to cover-up Encana’s secrets, lies & frac crimes; Supreme Court of Canada in the cover-up business too? Top Court signs pact to keep records of deliberations secret for at least 50 years; Reserves right to keep some secret forever
Is this perhaps because Supreme Court of Canada wants Ernst and others concerned about the court’s charter-damaging and lying ruling in Ernst vs AER to be long dead before Justice Abella’s drafts and deliberations of her ruling, and where she got her fabricated facts from (AER’s outside counsel Glenn Solomon perhaps?) are “accessible” to the ...
- ‘Frac’ intensity in shale wells wears out equipment faster: Halliburton. Is that why the company cut 8% of North American Jobs, shelving unused frac gear?
‘Frac’ intensity in shale wells wears out equipment faster: Halliburton by Starr Spencer, April 23, 2108, Platts
The intensity of oilfield equipment used in hydraulic fracturing of shale wells is wearing out parts and machinery faster than ever today and should keep the pressure pumping market tight for the rest of 2018, Halliburton’s top executive said ...
- Earthquake felt Sunday morning (March 10) near Rocky Mountain House, Alta., Excellent well-researched comments by Diana Daunheimer, Alberta farmer and mother of two
Comments by Diana Daunheimer are more informative than the article:
Diana Daunheimer @Walter Winchell
Interactive map available here as well:
Bottom of page at link above, you can access an excel spreadsheet where the AER keeps a list of all frack quakes in MD of Fox Creek since 2015, about a 1000 there.
Diana Daunheimer ...
- Letter in Cochrane Eagle by rancher Nielle Hawkwood: People are ignoring reality
People are ignoring reality by Nielle Hawkwood, March 21, 2019, Cochrane Eagle
Having read recent letters in the Cochrane Eagle, I feel that I must respond to the continuous messages from the corporate whine cellar. Writers seem to be entirely unaware of events in the world around them. A few updates are required:
Climate change is real ...
- Ontario’s Doug Ford gov’t bamboozling his base while giving industry big polluting free for all
Ontario boosting powers to fine companies that break environmental rules, But Ford government changes rules to exempt oil refinery ‘flaring’ from air quality standards by Mike Crawley, July 20, 2019, CBC News
The Ford government is boosting the province’s powers to slap fines on industry for breaking Ontario’s environmental rules, but environmental activists say there’s an ...
- Canada Pension Plan intentionally making $Billion Bad investments in frac’ing?
Williams and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board to form a US$3.8 Billion Strategic Joint Venture Partnership in the Marcellus/Utica Basins by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Mar 18, 2019, newswire.ca
The Canadians are coming! The Canadians are coming! Actually, they’re already here. Last summer we brought you the bombshell news that Encino Acquisition Partners (EAP) had ...
- ALDP a Synergy Group? Mark Dorin synergizing for the AER? Study not needed of the 100s of billions of dollars in oilfield liabilities. Complete overhaul of petroleum ownership and its structure is needed, and to send AER, Synergy groups, CAPP, CSUR etc packing!
What AER & Synergy Hanky Panky this time?
This “news” was already reported in the media more than three months ago.
AER and its vile Synergy trying to deflect from the huge spill/leak/frac hit? at an abandoned sour gas well in Frac Frenzy Fox Creek, only 6 km from the town and near busy campground?
- Another study! Greater prevalence of congenital heart defects in areas with high intensity oil & gas well activity, Study provides further evidence of relationship between oil & gas and birth defects
Study links congenital heart disease to oil, gas development by Tauren Dyson, July 18, 2019, UPI
AURORA, Colo.(July 18, 2019) – Mothers living near more intense oil and gas development activity have a 40-70% higher chance of having children with congenital heart defects (CHDs) compared to those living in areas of less intense activity, ...
- IT’S A BIG ONE! AER Order against Sprocket Energy sour gas well leak/spill (by frac hit?) six km SW of Town of Fox Creek. Why no media coverage on possibly life-threatening, brain damaging leak near busy Smoke Lake Provincial Park Campground?
Was this ongoing leak incident at Sprocket’s abandoned sour gas well caused by one of the big guns frac’ing, eg Encana, causing a frac hit or damages by frac quake? If so, has Encana or another company directed their little darling, AER, to hang the harms, damages, liabilities on the smaller company, as nastily done ...
- Why is 320,000 litre spill 36 km NE of Swan Hills splashed all over the media, but not the bigger 460,000 litre spill in AER’s Frac Frenzy Blanket Approval Pilot Project 6 km from Town of Fox Creek? Because it was a frac hit? AER instructing media to deflect concerned Canadians in another direction?
Something smells at the law-violating Hanky Panky AER!
Why no reporting of this much bigger spill so close to a town in Alberta?
Why did Paramount suddenly distribute Emergency Response Plan in Town of Fox Creek? To distract from Sprocket Energy’s 460,000 litre spill/leak/frac hit at abandoned sour gas well near Smoke Lake Provincial Park and the ...
- Fracking greed in all its vulgarity: One powerful West Texas farm family wants to sell its groundwater to oil producers; another wants to stanch that flow. Water costs for frac’ing the Permian expected to surge to $54 Billion over next decade
A few of the comments:
Water is life.
If Texans pump these aquifers dry, they’re gonna get what they deserve — the death of that part of Texas.
Some wealthy are foolish beyond belief, there should be a moratorium on any more potable water for Industry as well as additional Recreation (golf courses) facilaties! We ...
- Terrifying! Injected oilfield wastewater may trigger earthquakes for ‘decades.’ More terrifying: Percentage of high-magnitude quakes felt at the surface increases with depth of waste injected & may create greater magnitude quakes years after injection rates decline or stop.
Think about the quake consequences of hydraulic fracturing and steam injection (SAGD) and the consequences of the massive volumes of mystery chemicals injected that remain underground and “migrate.”
Oilfield wastewater may trigger earthquakes for ‘decades’ by Patrick Galey, July 16, 209, phys.org
Wastewater from oil and gas production injected deep into wells could cause earthquakes strong enough ...
- Frac Hit at Fox Creek? Wanna bet industry’s pet lamb, AER, will issue no fine? 460,000 litres fluids & contaminated water spews forth from abandoned Sprocket Energy Corp sour gas well 6 km SW of Fox Creek, Nothing reported in the media!
From AER Compliance Dashboard:
Notification Date: 2019-07-11
Volume: 460 m3
A release has been reported from an abandoned well. Reported volume is based on amount of fluids and contaminated water which ...
- Colombia makes right move by suspending fracking project
March against fracking in San Martín, Cesar by Esperanza Proxima
FOR IMMEDIATE PUBLICATION July 15, 2019
Colombia makes the right move by suspending fracking project
Citing a recent court order, Colombia’s environmental authority ...
- Super Wow Power of “NO!” Latin America’s largest shale reserve will not be fracked (3 times bigger than USA’s Marcellus); State Assembly of Paraná officially banned frac’ing, courageously protecting 12.5 Million citizens!
When communities stand united and loudly, respectfully say “NO!” impossible victories happen. In Alberta, look to the magnificent Mission Impossible made possible by a united courageous community in the City of Lethbridge saying “NO!” to fracking by GoldenKey.
Latin America’s largest shale reserve will never be fracked! by Juliano Bueno de Araujo, July 11, 2019, 350.org
The State ...
- CAPP’s (under guise of Kenney) review of AER, and dictated deregulation to enhance profits for companies while walking from more responsibilities, on track?
Initiated after Kenney slashed $103 Million from AER’s budget? Predetermined outcome ordained by CAPP et al that taxpayers must donate more millions of dollars to the richest raping industry in the world, and speed up already speedy approvals, and let companies put less (or no) money into the Orphan Well Farce of a Plan and ...
- “Newly revealed” steam injection disaster, this one by Chevron in California. About 800,000 gallons (~3 million liters) oil & water seeped into stream bed, off and on since May. CNRL seemed unable to stop their steam injection caused seep in Alberta, will Chevron be able to stop this one?
Read first: “Abnormally dangerous and ultra hazardous activity.” Did TRC or Chevron’s fracing kill Robert David Taylor? What happened to California regulators’ vows to make steam injections safer? “Safer?” Why not make it “safe?”
Snap above from: https://twitter.com/airqualityguy
FRONT PAGE! State orders Chevron to ‘take all measures’ to prevent further leaks of oil, water near McKittrick by ...
- And the scam goes on and on and on, decade after decade, across Canada: B.C. energy regulator faces possible $90-million tab for orphan wells (it’s going to cost much more than that)
B.C. energy regulator faces possible $90-million tab for orphan wells, Province shifting from orphan well tax to liability levy to meet obligations by Jeremy Hainsworth, Feb 22, 2019, Glacier Media
An energy company operating in B.C.’s northeast and now in receivership has left 300 to 500 wells facing possible designation as orphan — or abandoned ...
- Jason Kenney’s (CAPP et al’s) War Room swamped by fightin’ mad Albertans falling for lies & propaganda instead of looking honestly at industry’s greed-induced “de-manning” killing jobs & causing their suffering
War room swamped by fightin’ mad Albertans by Rick Bell, July 12, 2019, Whitecourt Star
Not the war of tanks and planes and battleships.
For Sonya Savage, walking point on this province’s hot potato energy file, the war is one of words, fighting the lies about the Alberta oilsands and Alberta energy, falsehoods being peddled by ...
- Leaky frac’d well will cost CNX millions of dollars; PA Regulator gives notice of violation. Compare to AER & Alberta govt helping Encana bully, lie & cover-up explosive concentrations of methane & ethane contaminating Rosebud water wells after Encana illegally frac’d into drinking water aquifers
Leaky Westmoreland County well will cost CNX millions of dollars by Anya Litvak, February 20, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
There will be no Utica gas flowing from CNX’s Shaw pad in Westmoreland County, at least not anytime soon.
After a problem with the vertical casing of a deep Utica well last month pushed gas to nine shallow wells ...
- AER too corrupt to stay alive? Slithering down fracs to meet Glenn Solomon (AER’s outside counsel) in Hell with $100M in budget cuts? Or, just another Kenney/AER/CAPP scam to take more money from Alberta taxpayers?
Perhaps if the 100% industry-funded (most of it foreign money) AER (previously ERCB, EUB before that, and ERCB before it was EUB) Charter-violating abusive bully to harmed landowners extraordinaire, spent less time viciously attacking impacted families and more time regulating polluters, there would be no need to cut industry’s funding by $103 million/year. Industry and ...
- Are parts of Alberta, as in Texas, going to fall into giant greed created hellholes? Radar images show large swath of Texas oil patch is heaving and sinking at alarming rates
Originally posted March 3, 2019; Reposted July 10, 2019
Radar images show large swath of Texas oil patch is heaving and sinking at alarming rates by Southern Methodist University, March 21, 2018, science daily
Radar satellite images show a large swath of Texas oil patch is heaving and sinking at alarming rates, according to a geophysical team. Analysis of the ...
- UK: 143 health professionals urge PM Theresa May to ban frac’ing
UK: 143 health professionals urge PM Theresa May to “secure her green legacy by banning fracking” by Ruth Hayhurst, drillordrop
A group of 143 doctors, nurses and health specialists has called on Theresa May to ban fracking in her final fortnight in office.
In a letter delivered this morning, the group warned the prime minister that her ...
- US Supreme Court allows two Flint class-action water contamination lawsuits. Compare to Canada’s Supreme Court knowingly letting AER get away with breaking the law, changing AER’s finding of Ernst being a criminal (without any evidence) to a “vexatious litigant” (without any evidence)
U.S. Supreme Court allows Flint water contamination lawsuits by Lawrence Hurley, Additional reporting by Barbara Grzincic and Ben Klayman, March 19, 2018, Reuters
(Reuters) – The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday gave the green light to two
class-action lawsuits filed by residents of Flint, Michigan
who are pursing civil rights claims against local and state officials over lead
contamination in the ...
- Alberta’s Court of Queen’s Bench said it aims to go paperless, it’s “long overdue” but did not say when
Most ordinary Canadians would not be able to afford even just the photocopying costs of doing a civil lawsuit. Canada’s heavily papered legal system could have become digital years ago. Keeping it papered is a nice easy cheap way to keep ordinary citizens out of the Old White Boys’ Legal Club.
Photocopying, especially terrible for Supreme ...
- ‘A shocking violation of free expression’: Civil liberties groups release ‘Protest Papers,’ call on CSIS for more transparency. Pfffft! As if oily politicians, RCMP & courts will let that happen!
Secret Spy Hearings by BCCLA, July 8, 2019
In 2014 the BCCLA fought back against illegal spying by filing complaints against the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). Those complaints alleged that the Canadian government’s security agencies had been illegally spying on Indigenous and community groups opposed to the Enbridge Northern Gateway ...
- N Ireland citizen letter, with copy Andrew Nikiforuk’s Slick Water, to Dept for the Economy, Minerals and Petroleum Branch, lodging objection to Tamboran’s application to frac.
Department for the Economy
Minerals and Petroleum Branch
Room 9, Dundonald House
Upper Newtownards Road
Belfast BT4 3SB
3 July 2019
Name & Address Removed (to protect privacy)
Belcoo Co. Fermanagh
Ref; Petroleum Licence (PLA2/16)
I wish to lodge my objection to the application for a petroleum licence by Tamboran Resources (UK) – PLA2/16.
I have informed myself widely on the ...
- Front Page Chinchilla News! Australia farmer speaks out about CSG (CBM/NGC) impact on water aquifers; Office Groundwater Impact Assessment estimates 574 water wells will be affected
CSG = Coalseam Gas
CBM = Coalbed Methane
NGC = Natural Gas from Coal.
After the endless water well problems and contamination in the USA from CBM, industry wanted to frac CBM in Canada but didn’t want farmers to know it was CBM so they changed the name to NGC. Like the ERCB becoming EUB becoming ERCB ...
- Defending Freedom of Expression: Into the heart of Father Melo, Jesuit priest and journalist whose life is threatened in Honduras
This is a must read no matter where you live in the world if you value your rights including Freedom of Expression like I do (especially after the Supreme Court of Canada pissed on ours here).
I posted excerpts that are particularly important to me, but I urge you to read the entire article. The ...
- Encana’s Supersize Spatial Intensity Frac Cube Experiment Fails
A Fracking Experiment Fails to Pump as Predicted, Encana’s cube project suggests output problems occur if oil wells are drilled too close together by Bradley Olson, July 4, 2019, Wall Street Journal
Two years ago, Encana Corp. ECA 0.41% unveiled a supersize fracking operation that many said would represent the future of the U.S. drilling boom.
To reduce costs and avoid ...
- South Africa: Amazing legal victory (with costs) for AfriForum & Treasure the Karoo Action Group! Supreme Court of Appeal unanimously rules fracking cannot proceed
Fracking: Full bench of Judges rule in favour of Karoo by ALGOAFM, July 4, 2019
The civil rights organisation AfriForum and the Treasure the Karoo Action Group’s (TKAG’s) succeeded in its appeal against the Ministers of Mineral Resources and Environmental Affairs to aside the regulations on petroleum exploration and production, as promulgated in 2015 ...
- Reverse Fracking: The Ultimate in Frac Greed, Idiocy & Irresponsibility? Richard & Elizabeth Muller’s “Deep Isolation” seeks funding to frac communities with nuclear waste
Originally posted on March 24, 2018. Reposted July 5, 2019
Could Fracking Solve the Nuclear Waste Problem? by the Presidential Daily Brief, March 24, 2018, ozy.com
Storing nuclear waste well into the future is one of America’s most vexing energy problems. But the father-daughter team of Richard and Elizabeth Muller have an answer: reverse fracking. Their startup, Deep ...
- Sputtering laughter! Watch the news clip! Jason Kenney’s corporate welfare war room launches $2.5M inquiry into magic land
EUB/ERCB/AER’s Charter-Violating, Abusive, Cowardly McCarthyism expands to UCP Party: War room set for Calgary to attack courageous citizens concerned about Alberta’s deregulated frac-frenzied polluting, health-harming free-for-alls
Tweet above from https://twitter.com/maxfawcett
Alberta launches inquiry into foreign influences in the energy industry by Jordan Kanygin, July 4, 2019, CTV News
Premier Kenney announced Thursday ...
- Alberta’s Never Ending Corporate Welfare Will Bite You: Energy Relief will Cost Taxpayers, Front Page Red Deer Advocate
- Canada’s Duvernay oil play attracting big attention, big money and a big damaging earthquake, knocking power out to thousands
Don’t write off Canada just yet – emerging east Duvernay oil play starting to attract big attention and big money by Terry Etam, May 23, 2017, BOE Report
2019 04 03: Vesta Energy Ltd update on 4.6M fracquake near Red Deer March 4, 2019 that knocked out power to 4,600 Fortis Alberta customers, some reports of ...
- Overview of International Human Rights Court Recommending Worldwide Frac Ban
Overview of the Advisory Opinion of the Permanent Peoples’ Tribunal Session on Human Rights, Fracking, and Climate Change July 2, 2019
The Permanent Peoples’ Tribunal Session on Human Rights, Fracking and Climate Change conducted hearings during the week of May 14-18, 2018. That week, ten judges from nine countries heard oral testimony, reviewed written and video-recorded ...
- Alberta: More corporate welfare stench! 65,000 shallow gas wells qualify to get more than $23M in freebies from taxpayers. Again, not a penny for Albertans suffering frac quake damages, drinking water loss/contamination, health harm, loss of livestock etc.
2017 02 17: Brilliant! MUST LISTEN! BNN Interviews Alberta Oil Patch Consultant Brent Nimeck on Lexin and AER’s Orphan Wells: “This problem is 30 years in the making. … I would call it a Ponzi Scheme…. This is an orchestrated fraud from multiple angles: Industry, CAPP and the Alberta Energy Regulator have enabled ...
- Another one bites Alberta’s Greedy Dust: Trident’s demise has far-reaching ramifications. Did AER’s Synergy Meeting address concerns?
Trident’s demise has far-reaching ramifications, Meeting at Red Ranch School addresses concerns by Lea Smaldon, July 2, 2019, Mountain View Gazette
The downturned state of the oil and gas industry [Or intentional walking from responsibility and contracts by companies, nicely helped along by 100% industry-funded AER? Oil and gas companies have been doing this in Canada ...
- Sunshine List: Who were the top earners in Alberta’s public sector in 2018?
Sunshine List: Who were the top earners in Alberta’s public sector in 2018? by Clare Clancy, July 2, 2019, Calgary Herald
Alberta’s top public sector earners in 2018 included post-secondary executives, pathologists and the head of the Workers’ Compensation Board, according to the latest government data.
The province updated its annual “sunshine list,” which must be released ...
- Peter Becker Open Letter to Green Party & NDP Leaders: Renewable No to Oily Carbon-Tax, Ms. Elizabeth May and Mr. Jagmeet Singh!
Renewable No to Oily Carbon-Tax, Ms. Elizabeth May and Mr. Jagmeet Singh! by Peter Becker, March 29, 2019, Whitehorse Star
No to a carbon-tax, Ms. Elizabeth May and Mr. Jagmeet Singh!
Stop turning climate policy into a global war zone for the benefit of the World Bank’s ‘Carbon Pricing Club’)
Concerned Canadians demand that you take initiative to ...
- UK: Conservative Environmental Network Manifesto – Womanfesto (female MPs signed also) calls for Frac Ban
THE CEN MANIFESTO by UK Conservative Environment Network, 2019
Stewardship of the natural world, responsibility towards future generations, the search for resilience, these are core tenets of conservatism. Yet we’re so often told that only the political Left is able and willing to tackle the many and growing environmental crises facing us. Why has this ...
- Jessica Ernst Submission to “No Fracking Fermanagh” (Northern Ireland) Petition
To sign the Petition yourself: https://www.foe.ie/takeaction/no-fracking-fermanagh/
Subject Line: Petroleum Licence Application PLA2/16 Dear Sir / Madam
I object to the application for a petroleum licence by Tamboran Resources (UK) – PLA2/16.
I have lived frac’d in Rosebud Alberta Canada for 15 years now, it’s horrid to lose my safe water supply after Encana illegally ...
- Nora McInery TED talk on grief. How the Hell do I grieve Encana raping (frac’ing) my safe water supply? I’ve been living with my dangerous water well for 15 years.
“We don’t move on from grief.”
“Some things can’t be fixed and not all wounds are meant to heal”
“But yes absolutely, move forward but that doesn’t mean they’ve moved on.”
How does one grieve the loss of one’s safe water with the cumulative losses of home, health, friends, colleagues, loved ones, business, career, income, ...
- What the Frac Hell is going on in Canada! 3.9M earthquake west of Frac’d Crazy Fox Creek Alberta reported by Earthquakes Canada, 1 km depth, now scrubbed from their website!
Scrubbing earthquakes from NRC’s website (after reporting them) in Canadian frac fields has been a common occurrence in recent years. Why no main media reporting on this quake, and no posting of it by the “regulator?”
Why did NRC remove all traces of this earthquake? Because it was caused by frac’ing?
What are the authorities hiding ...
- Premier Jason Kenney gives oil & gas industry $30 million gift from taxpayers to attack concerned citizens courageous enough to speak out, Gives not one penny to fix Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers frac’d illegally by Encana, covered-up by “No Duty of Care” AER
2017 02 17: Brilliant! MUST LISTEN! BNN Interviews Alberta Oil Patch Consultant Brent Nimeck on Lexin and AER’s Orphan Wells: “This problem is 30 years in the making. … I would call it a Ponzi Scheme…. This is an orchestrated fraud from multiple angles: Industry, CAPP and the Alberta Energy Regulator have enabled this to ...
- Top 100 People Killing the Planet, Includes Encana’s CEO Doug Suttles
Names and Locations of the Top 100 People Killing the Planet by Jordan Engle, the Decolonial Atlas, April 27, 2019
The earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those who are killing it have names and addresses.
Just 100 companies are responsible for more than 70% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions ...
- What Fresh Hell is AER up to now? Alberta Regulator & Charter Rights Violator Releases Draft Directive XXX
Directive XXX (Draft)
Rules and Directives
DRAFT Directive XXX: Public Involvement
View PDF (839 KB)
Released date: June 25, 2019
Released with Bulletin 2019-15.
Purpose of this Directive
This directive is part of a regulatory framework that seeks to ensure that members of the public are informed about proposed and existing energy resource developments and have the opportunity to provide input regarding ...
- Albertan Stewart Shields to elected officials with article by Andrew Nikiforuk: When Indigenous Assert Rights, Canada Sends Militarized Police
- Philadelphia: Authorities proclaim air safe to breath up and down wind of Energy Solutions Inc’s massive refinery blasts and fire, even after explosions in “highly toxic chemical” hydrofluric acid akylation unit, metal debris landed a mile away and air testing not yet complete.
Images above from: https://6abc.com/explosion-huge-fire-at-philadelphia-refinery/5356529/
Biggest refinery on U.S. East Coast set to close after huge explosion, driving up fuel prices, The loss of the refinery will likely increase the region’s dependence on supplies from Canada, Europe and the Gulf Coast by Bloomberg News, June 26, 2019, Calgary Herald
The biggest refinery on the U.S. East Coast will ...
- After expense hanky panky by AER’s top executive Jim Ellis is publicly commented on by Diana Daunheimer, Alberta farmer and mother of two, he steps down: “Good riddance, bring in the next dickhead.” Indeed! Third AER executive paid to commute from BC (air & water too polluted in Alberta?)
Alberta Energy Regulator paying a 3rd executive to commute from B.C., Previously, the AER board was unaware it was paying some executives to travel from B.C. by Kyle Bakx, Jun 17, 2019, CBC News
The president of an oilpatch industry group is calling for significant changes at the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) after learning that another ...
- Canadians wait a long time, usually forever, for petroleum industry leaks, spills and damaging fracs to be appropriately cleaned up. Regulators nowhere to be seen, except lying to the public and in Synergy Alberta meetings with AER execs like Gerard Protti and Jim Ellis schmoozing synergy girls at the pub
B.C. woman still waiting for cleanup of pipeline oil leak on her property, ‘The contaminated soil is still sitting there,’ owner says as expansion considered by Chantelle Bellrichard, June 18, 2019, CBC News
With the federal government expected to announce its decision on the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion on Tuesday, Janice Antoine, a resident of the ...
- Frac’ing creates job jobs jobs? Frac Quake Shaker Repsol laying off 30 per cent of Canadian staff
Repsol laying off 30 per cent of Canadian staff, Spanish energy giant Repsol confirmed Tuesday it is cutting 30 per cent of its Canadian staff, laying off employees from its downtown Calgary office as well as field locations in Chauvin and Edson, Alberta by Amanda Stephenson, June 18, 2019, Calgary Herald
Spanish energy giant Repsol confirmed ...
- Frac’ing is not safe, it does not improve the environment! Compendium 6 Released: Review by doctors & scientists of more than 1,700 references conclude frac industry poses threat to air, water, climate and human health
“No evidence” that fracking can be done without threatening human health: Report, A review by doctors and scientists of more than 1,700 studies concludes that the industry poses a threat to air, water, climate, and human health by Kristina Marusic, June 20, 2019, Environmental Health News
A group of doctors and scientists have released a ...
- More than 100 orgs, 800 individuals push PA Gov. Tom Wolf to probe link between frac’ing and proliferation of childhood cancers; Ewing Sarcoma Presentation by Raina Rippel
Gov. Tom Wolf asked to investigate possible link between Pa. fracking, childhood cancers by Don Hopey and Dave Templeton, June 17, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
More than 100 organizations and 800 individuals have signed a public letter to Gov. Tom Wolf calling on him to direct the state Department of Health to investigate potential links between shale ...
- Falling for AER/ERCB/EUB (industry)’s scam, decade after decade: AER, Surface Rights Board, Orphan Well Association bamboozling (synergizing) Albertans about Trident Exploration walking from it’s environmental and financial obligations in CMAG Synergy meeting, June 25, 2019
Collapse of Trident Exploration threatens to more than double orphaned wells in Alberta, Just as AER and Alberta government set up the dream escape: Trident bankrupts itself, walks away from 4,700 wells
CMAG will host Trident open house by Dan Singleton, June 12, 2019, Mountain View Gazette
The Central Mountainview Advisory Group (CMAG) will be hosting an ...
- “Justice” rears its farcical head, yet again. Radio reporter obtains judge-ordered frac harm settlement ‘n gag, but court stifles him! $3M settlement accidentally made public for 8 plaintiffs against Range Resources & ten other codefendants. Two plaintiffs feel “angry and defeated” by their settlement.
Court document reveals Range Resources, other defendants agreed to $3 million settlement in Washington County contamination suit, The public document doesn’t specify how money was distributed among plaintiffs by Reid Frazier, June 4, 2019, State Impact PA
Range Resources and other defendants agreed to pay $3 million to settle a lawsuit last year with three Washington ...
- “Poison is Poison!” “Arrogant, Selfish” NB Tory Energy Minister Mike Holland Propagandizes, Calls Frac’ing ‘Responsible’
Energy minister says ‘responsible’ fracking will help transition to green economy, Political Panel discusses possibility of shale gas development in Sussex by CBC News with files from Jacques Poitras, Information Morning and the CBC New Brunswick Political Podcast, Jun 14, 2019
A few comments to the article (the comments are better than the article, thus why ...
- Rule of Law? Evil wins, again; Poisoned water and people lose, again
Prosecutors drop all criminal charges against eight people in Flint water scandal by Ed White, The Associated Press, June 13, 2019, The Globe and Mail
Prosecutors dropped all criminal charges Thursday against eight people in the Flint water crisis and pledged to start from scratch the investigation into one of the worst man-made environmental disasters in ...
- “My friend is dying from an opioid addiction that he got directly from the oilfields.” Citizen speaking at podium at Calgary’s 2019 Global Petroleum Show manhandled, hauled off by petro thugs as audience yells “Let him speak!”
Protester storms stage at 2019 Global Petroleum Show in Calgary by Melissa Gilligan, June 11, 2019, Global News
The Protester: Before we hear from the Premier , I just want to say, he does not represent me. This is a cesspool of hypocrisy.
My friends, I love this province. I do not want this province to ...
- Where has Justice gone? Into pockets of law-violating politicians that appoint the judges?
- 2017 Jessica Ernst UK Speaking Tour
Jessica Ernst 2017 UK Speaking Tour:
October 9: Malton, North Yorkshire:
The standing ovation at Malton went on and on and on, overwhelming Ernst.
Complete slides of Ernst’s talk, including Mr. Koop’s photos
October 10: Eckington, Derbyshire
October 11: Lytham St Anne’s, Lancashire
October 13: Love Leitrim’s Frack Ban Celebration at The Rainbow Ballroom of Romance, Glenfarne
2017 10 14: ...
- 50 Canadian law profs urge Environment Minister to reject amendments proposed by oil industry to #BILLC69 that undermine rule of law
50 CANADIAN LAW PROFESSORS URGE MINISTER MCKENNA TO REJECT AMENDMENTS TO #BILLC69 THAT UNDERMINE RULE OF LAW by Martin Olszynski, June 11, 2019, Journal of Environmental Law and Practice
The Honourable Catherine McKenna
Minister of Environment
Government of Canada
Dear Minister McKenna,
The Senate has recommended an amendment to Bill C-69, proposed by the oil industry, that would ...
- Wow! Shocker! A frac ‘n oil industry regulator regulating!
Permit for controversial injection well in St. Landry Parish denied by DNR by Dan Boudreaux, June 10, 2019, The Advocate
The Louisiana Department of Natural Resources Office of Conservation has denied the permit of a proposed wastewater injection well in north St. Landry Parish that drew criticism from locals earlier this year.
Eagle Oil LLC, which includes ...
- Alberta Imposes New Frac’ing Restrictions Near Brazeau Dam after Quakes
[Natural Resources of Canada didn’t record the Brazeau quake on their website.
Was it caused by water injection for oil recovery, frac’ing or frac waste water injection, and Canadian authorities don’t want the public to know?
Notably after the damaging quake caused by frac’ing near the City of Red Deer the week before?]
- Another Alberta Frac Incident? 400,000-litre spill by Obsidian Energy near Drayton Valley, private land and wetland impacted
Cleanup underway after 400,000-litre produced water leak at Obsidian Energy well near Drayton Valley by Phil Heidenreich, May 31, 2019, Global News
The Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) says cleanup efforts are underway after 400,000 litres of produced water leaked from an Obsidian Energy well near Drayton Valley this week.
On its website, the AER says the incident ...
- More AER Hanky Panky? Alberta Auditor-General & Public Interest Commissioner probing links between regulator and ICORE; Jim Ellis (ex-AER big wig) listed as president, sole director
2019 02 13 Print copy in The Globe and Mail:
PDF of above
Alberta Auditor-General probing links between energy regulator and consultancy firm by Jeff Lewis, February 12, 2019, The Globe and Mail
Alberta’s Auditor-General and Public Interest Commissioner are probing ties between the province’s energy regulator and an international not-for-profit set up by its former president and ...
- Canada’s RCMP keep on violating the law, along with oil and gas companies and their enabling law-violating regulators, while Supreme Court judges lie to enable the enabling.
Mountie broke the law when he investigated protester’s background, says watchdog report by Catharine Tunney, June 9, 2019, CBC News
A British Columbia Mountie broke the law when he started snooping into a protester’s background and leaked information to municipal officials — but it took an outside investigation to convince RCMP brass to see it that ...
- New Brunswick PC Govt: Let the frac betrayals begin
Mi’kmaq chiefs ‘blindsided’ by PC plan to allow shale gas development in Sussex area, ‘This is not an issue that’s going to come down to a Yes or No answer,’ says energy minister by Jacques Poitras, June 5, 2019, CBC News
Anti-shale gas activists and Mi’kmaq chiefs are warning the Higgs government to ...
- Pennsylvania conducting criminal investigation into shale gas
State conducting criminal investigation of shale gas production by David Templeton and Don Hopey, January 28, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
State Attorney General Josh Shapiro is pursuing criminal investigations of “environmental crimes” committed by the oil and gas industry in Washington County and possibly throughout the state.
In an Aug. 16, 2018, letter to ...
- Living in the middle of a gas field in Canada
Living in the middle of a gas field by Vicky Simlik, April 18, 2019, Dawson Creek Mirror
I live in the agricultural community of Farmington BC.
I recently read a question posted online; where are the ‘fracking voices’ from NEBC?
I considered the question.
Trying to live in the middle of a gas field one may not have the ...
- EUB/ERCB/AER’s Charter-Violating, Abusive, Cowardly McCarthyism expands to UCP Party: War room set for Calgary to attack courageous citizens concerned about Alberta’s deregulated frac-frenzied polluting, health-harming free-for-alls
McCarthy cartoon in Washington Post, 1954
Alberta comes to aid of ‘industry in crisis’ with first associate minister for natural gas, Some believe the challenges facing small gas producers are so intense that many will collapse before the end of the year by Geoffrey Morgan, June 4, 2019, Calgary Herald
Alberta’s battered natural gas producers, languishing in the ...