- Frac Hit at Fox Creek? Wanna bet industry’s pet lamb, AER, will issue no fine? 460,000 litres fluids & contaminated water spews forth from abandoned Sprocket Energy Corp sour gas well 6 km SW of Fox Creek, Nothing reported in the media!
From AER Compliance Dashboard:
Notification Date: 2019-07-11
Volume: 460 m3
A release has been reported from an abandoned well. Reported volume is based on amount of fluids and contaminated water which ...
- Colombia makes right move by suspending fracking project
March against fracking in San Martín, Cesar by Esperanza Proxima
FOR IMMEDIATE PUBLICATION July 15, 2019
Colombia makes the right move by suspending fracking project
Citing a recent court order, Colombia’s environmental authority ...
- Super Wow Power of “NO!” Latin America’s largest shale reserve will not be fracked (3 times bigger than USA’s Marcellus); State Assembly of Paraná officially banned frac’ing, courageously protecting 12.5 Million citizens!
When communities stand united and loudly, respectfully say “NO!” impossible victories happen. In Alberta, look to the magnificent Mission Impossible made possible by a united courageous community in the City of Lethbridge saying “NO!” to fracking by GoldenKey.
Latin America’s largest shale reserve will never be fracked! by Juliano Bueno de Araujo, July 11, 2019, 350.org
The State ...
- CAPP’s (under guise of Kenney) review of AER, and dictated deregulation to enhance profits for companies while walking from more responsibilities, on track?
Initiated after Kenney slashed $103 Million from AER’s budget? Predetermined outcome ordained by CAPP et al that taxpayers must donate more millions of dollars to the richest raping industry in the world, and speed up already speedy approvals, and let companies put less (or no) money into the Orphan Well Farce of a Plan and ...
- “Newly revealed” steam injection disaster, this one by Chevron in California. About 800,000 gallons (~3 million liters) oil & water seeped into stream bed, off and on since May. CNRL seemed unable to stop their steam injection caused seep in Alberta, will Chevron be able to stop this one?
Read first: “Abnormally dangerous and ultra hazardous activity.” Did TRC or Chevron’s fracing kill Robert David Taylor? What happened to California regulators’ vows to make steam injections safer? “Safer?” Why not make it “safe?”
Snap above from: https://twitter.com/airqualityguy
FRONT PAGE! State orders Chevron to ‘take all measures’ to prevent further leaks of oil, water near McKittrick by ...
- And the scam goes on and on and on, decade after decade, across Canada: B.C. energy regulator faces possible $90-million tab for orphan wells (it’s going to cost much more than that)
B.C. energy regulator faces possible $90-million tab for orphan wells, Province shifting from orphan well tax to liability levy to meet obligations by Jeremy Hainsworth, Feb 22, 2019, Glacier Media
An energy company operating in B.C.’s northeast and now in receivership has left 300 to 500 wells facing possible designation as orphan — or abandoned ...
- Jason Kenney’s (CAPP et al’s) War Room swamped by fightin’ mad Albertans falling for lies & propaganda instead of looking honestly at industry’s greed-induced “de-manning” killing jobs & causing their suffering
War room swamped by fightin’ mad Albertans by Rick Bell, July 12, 2019, Whitecourt Star
Not the war of tanks and planes and battleships.
For Sonya Savage, walking point on this province’s hot potato energy file, the war is one of words, fighting the lies about the Alberta oilsands and Alberta energy, falsehoods being peddled by ...
- Leaky frac’d well will cost CNX millions of dollars; PA Regulator gives notice of violation. Compare to AER & Alberta govt helping Encana bully, lie & cover-up explosive concentrations of methane & ethane contaminating Rosebud water wells after Encana illegally frac’d into drinking water aquifers
Leaky Westmoreland County well will cost CNX millions of dollars by Anya Litvak, February 20, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
There will be no Utica gas flowing from CNX’s Shaw pad in Westmoreland County, at least not anytime soon.
After a problem with the vertical casing of a deep Utica well last month pushed gas to nine shallow wells ...
- AER too corrupt to stay alive? Slithering down fracs to meet Glenn Solomon (AER’s outside counsel) in Hell with $100M in budget cuts? Or, just another Kenney/AER/CAPP scam to take more money from Alberta taxpayers?
Perhaps if the 100% industry-funded (most of it foreign money) AER (previously ERCB, EUB before that, and ERCB before it was EUB) Charter-violating abusive bully to harmed landowners extraordinaire, spent less time viciously attacking impacted families and more time regulating polluters, there would be no need to cut industry’s funding by $103 million/year. Industry and ...
- Are parts of Alberta, as in Texas, going to fall into giant greed created hellholes? Radar images show large swath of Texas oil patch is heaving and sinking at alarming rates
Originally posted March 3, 2019; Reposted July 10, 2019
Radar images show large swath of Texas oil patch is heaving and sinking at alarming rates by Southern Methodist University, March 21, 2018, science daily
Radar satellite images show a large swath of Texas oil patch is heaving and sinking at alarming rates, according to a geophysical team. Analysis of the ...
- UK: 143 health professionals urge PM Theresa May to ban frac’ing
UK: 143 health professionals urge PM Theresa May to “secure her green legacy by banning fracking” by Ruth Hayhurst, drillordrop
A group of 143 doctors, nurses and health specialists has called on Theresa May to ban fracking in her final fortnight in office.
In a letter delivered this morning, the group warned the prime minister that her ...
- US Supreme Court allows two Flint class-action water contamination lawsuits. Compare to Canada’s Supreme Court knowingly letting AER get away with breaking the law, changing AER’s finding of Ernst being a criminal (without any evidence) to a “vexatious litigant” (without any evidence)
U.S. Supreme Court allows Flint water contamination lawsuits by Lawrence Hurley, Additional reporting by Barbara Grzincic and Ben Klayman, March 19, 2018, Reuters
(Reuters) – The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday gave the green light to two
class-action lawsuits filed by residents of Flint, Michigan
who are pursing civil rights claims against local and state officials over lead
contamination in the ...
- Alberta’s Court of Queen’s Bench said it aims to go paperless, it’s “long overdue” but did not say when
Most ordinary Canadians would not be able to afford even just the photocopying costs of doing a civil lawsuit. Canada’s heavily papered legal system could have become digital years ago. Keeping it papered is a nice easy cheap way to keep ordinary citizens out of the Old White Boys’ Legal Club.
Photocopying, especially terrible for Supreme ...
- ‘A shocking violation of free expression’: Civil liberties groups release ‘Protest Papers,’ call on CSIS for more transparency. Pfffft! As if oily politicians, RCMP & courts will let that happen!
Secret Spy Hearings by BCCLA, July 8, 2019
In 2014 the BCCLA fought back against illegal spying by filing complaints against the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). Those complaints alleged that the Canadian government’s security agencies had been illegally spying on Indigenous and community groups opposed to the Enbridge Northern Gateway ...
- N Ireland citizen letter, with copy Andrew Nikiforuk’s Slick Water, to Dept for the Economy, Minerals and Petroleum Branch, lodging objection to Tamboran’s application to frac.
Department for the Economy
Minerals and Petroleum Branch
Room 9, Dundonald House
Upper Newtownards Road
Belfast BT4 3SB
3 July 2019
Name & Address Removed (to protect privacy)
Belcoo Co. Fermanagh
Ref; Petroleum Licence (PLA2/16)
I wish to lodge my objection to the application for a petroleum licence by Tamboran Resources (UK) – PLA2/16.
I have informed myself widely on the ...
- Front Page Chinchilla News! Australia farmer speaks out about CSG (CBM/NGC) impact on water aquifers; Office Groundwater Impact Assessment estimates 574 water wells will be affected
CSG = Coalseam Gas
CBM = Coalbed Methane
NGC = Natural Gas from Coal.
After the endless water well problems and contamination in the USA from CBM, industry wanted to frac CBM in Canada but didn’t want farmers to know it was CBM so they changed the name to NGC. Like the ERCB becoming EUB becoming ERCB ...
- Defending Freedom of Expression: Into the heart of Father Melo, Jesuit priest and journalist whose life is threatened in Honduras
This is a must read no matter where you live in the world if you value your rights including Freedom of Expression like I do (especially after the Supreme Court of Canada pissed on ours here).
I posted excerpts that are particularly important to me, but I urge you to read the entire article. The ...
- Encana’s Supersize Spatial Intensity Frac Cube Experiment Fails
A Fracking Experiment Fails to Pump as Predicted, Encana’s cube project suggests output problems occur if oil wells are drilled too close together by Bradley Olson, July 4, 2019, Wall Street Journal
Two years ago, Encana Corp. ECA 0.41% unveiled a supersize fracking operation that many said would represent the future of the U.S. drilling boom.
To reduce costs and avoid ...
- South Africa: Amazing legal victory (with costs) for AfriForum & Treasure the Karoo Action Group! Supreme Court of Appeal unanimously rules fracking cannot proceed
Fracking: Full bench of Judges rule in favour of Karoo by ALGOAFM, July 4, 2019
The civil rights organisation AfriForum and the Treasure the Karoo Action Group’s (TKAG’s) succeeded in its appeal against the Ministers of Mineral Resources and Environmental Affairs to aside the regulations on petroleum exploration and production, as promulgated in 2015 ...
- Reverse Fracking: The Ultimate in Frac Greed, Idiocy & Irresponsibility? Richard & Elizabeth Muller’s “Deep Isolation” seeks funding to frac communities with nuclear waste
Originally posted on March 24, 2018. Reposted July 5, 2019
Could Fracking Solve the Nuclear Waste Problem? by the Presidential Daily Brief, March 24, 2018, ozy.com
Storing nuclear waste well into the future is one of America’s most vexing energy problems. But the father-daughter team of Richard and Elizabeth Muller have an answer: reverse fracking. Their startup, Deep ...
- Sputtering laughter! Watch the news clip! Jason Kenney’s corporate welfare war room launches $2.5M inquiry into magic land
EUB/ERCB/AER’s Charter-Violating, Abusive, Cowardly McCarthyism expands to UCP Party: War room set for Calgary to attack courageous citizens concerned about Alberta’s deregulated frac-frenzied polluting, health-harming free-for-alls
Tweet above from https://twitter.com/maxfawcett
Alberta launches inquiry into foreign influences in the energy industry by Jordan Kanygin, July 4, 2019, CTV News
Premier Kenney announced Thursday ...
- Alberta’s Never Ending Corporate Welfare Will Bite You: Energy Relief will Cost Taxpayers, Front Page Red Deer Advocate
- Canada’s Duvernay oil play attracting big attention, big money and a big damaging earthquake, knocking power out to thousands
Don’t write off Canada just yet – emerging east Duvernay oil play starting to attract big attention and big money by Terry Etam, May 23, 2017, BOE Report
2019 04 03: Vesta Energy Ltd update on 4.6M fracquake near Red Deer March 4, 2019 that knocked out power to 4,600 Fortis Alberta customers, some reports of ...
- Overview of International Human Rights Court Recommending Worldwide Frac Ban
Overview of the Advisory Opinion of the Permanent Peoples’ Tribunal Session on Human Rights, Fracking, and Climate Change July 2, 2019
The Permanent Peoples’ Tribunal Session on Human Rights, Fracking and Climate Change conducted hearings during the week of May 14-18, 2018. That week, ten judges from nine countries heard oral testimony, reviewed written and video-recorded ...
- Alberta: More corporate welfare stench! 65,000 shallow gas wells qualify to get more than $23M in freebies from taxpayers. Again, not a penny for Albertans suffering frac quake damages, drinking water loss/contamination, health harm, loss of livestock etc.
2017 02 17: Brilliant! MUST LISTEN! BNN Interviews Alberta Oil Patch Consultant Brent Nimeck on Lexin and AER’s Orphan Wells: “This problem is 30 years in the making. … I would call it a Ponzi Scheme…. This is an orchestrated fraud from multiple angles: Industry, CAPP and the Alberta Energy Regulator have enabled ...
- Another one bites Alberta’s Greedy Dust: Trident’s demise has far-reaching ramifications. Did AER’s Synergy Meeting address concerns?
Trident’s demise has far-reaching ramifications, Meeting at Red Ranch School addresses concerns by Lea Smaldon, July 2, 2019, Mountain View Gazette
The downturned state of the oil and gas industry [Or intentional walking from responsibility and contracts by companies, nicely helped along by 100% industry-funded AER? Oil and gas companies have been doing this in Canada ...
- Sunshine List: Who were the top earners in Alberta’s public sector in 2018?
Sunshine List: Who were the top earners in Alberta’s public sector in 2018? by Clare Clancy, July 2, 2019, Calgary Herald
Alberta’s top public sector earners in 2018 included post-secondary executives, pathologists and the head of the Workers’ Compensation Board, according to the latest government data.
The province updated its annual “sunshine list,” which must be released ...
- Peter Becker Open Letter to Green Party & NDP Leaders: Renewable No to Oily Carbon-Tax, Ms. Elizabeth May and Mr. Jagmeet Singh!
Renewable No to Oily Carbon-Tax, Ms. Elizabeth May and Mr. Jagmeet Singh! by Peter Becker, March 29, 2019, Whitehorse Star
No to a carbon-tax, Ms. Elizabeth May and Mr. Jagmeet Singh!
Stop turning climate policy into a global war zone for the benefit of the World Bank’s ‘Carbon Pricing Club’)
Concerned Canadians demand that you take initiative to ...
- UK: Conservative Environmental Network Manifesto – Womanfesto (female MPs signed also) calls for Frac Ban
THE CEN MANIFESTO by UK Conservative Environment Network, 2019
Stewardship of the natural world, responsibility towards future generations, the search for resilience, these are core tenets of conservatism. Yet we’re so often told that only the political Left is able and willing to tackle the many and growing environmental crises facing us. Why has this ...
- Jessica Ernst Submission to “No Fracking Fermanagh” (Northern Ireland) Petition
To sign the Petition yourself: https://www.foe.ie/takeaction/no-fracking-fermanagh/
Subject Line: Petroleum Licence Application PLA2/16 Dear Sir / Madam
I object to the application for a petroleum licence by Tamboran Resources (UK) – PLA2/16.
I have lived frac’d in Rosebud Alberta Canada for 15 years now, it’s horrid to lose my safe water supply after Encana illegally ...
- Nora McInery TED talk on grief. How the Hell do I grieve Encana raping (frac’ing) my safe water supply? I’ve been living with my dangerous water well for 15 years.
“We don’t move on from grief.”
“Some things can’t be fixed and not all wounds are meant to heal”
“But yes absolutely, move forward but that doesn’t mean they’ve moved on.”
How does one grieve the loss of one’s safe water with the cumulative losses of home, health, friends, colleagues, loved ones, business, career, income, ...
- What the Frac Hell is going on in Canada! 3.9M earthquake west of Frac’d Crazy Fox Creek Alberta reported by Earthquakes Canada, 1 km depth, now scrubbed from their website!
Scrubbing earthquakes from NRC’s website (after reporting them) in Canadian frac fields has been a common occurrence in recent years. Why no main media reporting on this quake, and no posting of it by the “regulator?”
Why did NRC remove all traces of this earthquake? Because it was caused by frac’ing?
What are the authorities hiding ...
- Premier Jason Kenney gives oil & gas industry $30 million gift from taxpayers to attack concerned citizens courageous enough to speak out, Gives not one penny to fix Rosebud’s drinking water aquifers frac’d illegally by Encana, covered-up by “No Duty of Care” AER
2017 02 17: Brilliant! MUST LISTEN! BNN Interviews Alberta Oil Patch Consultant Brent Nimeck on Lexin and AER’s Orphan Wells: “This problem is 30 years in the making. … I would call it a Ponzi Scheme…. This is an orchestrated fraud from multiple angles: Industry, CAPP and the Alberta Energy Regulator have enabled this to ...
- Top 100 People Killing the Planet, Includes Encana’s CEO Doug Suttles
Names and Locations of the Top 100 People Killing the Planet by Jordan Engle, the Decolonial Atlas, April 27, 2019
The earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those who are killing it have names and addresses.
Just 100 companies are responsible for more than 70% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions ...
- What Fresh Hell is AER up to now? Alberta Regulator & Charter Rights Violator Releases Draft Directive XXX
Directive XXX (Draft)
Rules and Directives
DRAFT Directive XXX: Public Involvement
View PDF (839 KB)
Released date: June 25, 2019
Released with Bulletin 2019-15.
Purpose of this Directive
This directive is part of a regulatory framework that seeks to ensure that members of the public are informed about proposed and existing energy resource developments and have the opportunity to provide input regarding ...
- Albertan Stewart Shields to elected officials with article by Andrew Nikiforuk: When Indigenous Assert Rights, Canada Sends Militarized Police
- Philadelphia: Authorities proclaim air safe to breath up and down wind of Energy Solutions Inc’s massive refinery blasts and fire, even after explosions in “highly toxic chemical” hydrofluric acid akylation unit, metal debris landed a mile away and air testing not yet complete.
Images above from: https://6abc.com/explosion-huge-fire-at-philadelphia-refinery/5356529/
Biggest refinery on U.S. East Coast set to close after huge explosion, driving up fuel prices, The loss of the refinery will likely increase the region’s dependence on supplies from Canada, Europe and the Gulf Coast by Bloomberg News, June 26, 2019, Calgary Herald
The biggest refinery on the U.S. East Coast will ...
- After expense hanky panky by AER’s top executive Jim Ellis is publicly commented on by Diana Daunheimer, Alberta farmer and mother of two, he steps down: “Good riddance, bring in the next dickhead.” Indeed! Third AER executive paid to commute from BC (air & water too polluted in Alberta?)
Alberta Energy Regulator paying a 3rd executive to commute from B.C., Previously, the AER board was unaware it was paying some executives to travel from B.C. by Kyle Bakx, Jun 17, 2019, CBC News
The president of an oilpatch industry group is calling for significant changes at the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) after learning that another ...
- Canadians wait a long time, usually forever, for petroleum industry leaks, spills and damaging fracs to be appropriately cleaned up. Regulators nowhere to be seen, except lying to the public and in Synergy Alberta meetings with AER execs like Gerard Protti and Jim Ellis schmoozing synergy girls at the pub
B.C. woman still waiting for cleanup of pipeline oil leak on her property, ‘The contaminated soil is still sitting there,’ owner says as expansion considered by Chantelle Bellrichard, June 18, 2019, CBC News
With the federal government expected to announce its decision on the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion on Tuesday, Janice Antoine, a resident of the ...
- Frac’ing creates job jobs jobs? Frac Quake Shaker Repsol laying off 30 per cent of Canadian staff
Repsol laying off 30 per cent of Canadian staff, Spanish energy giant Repsol confirmed Tuesday it is cutting 30 per cent of its Canadian staff, laying off employees from its downtown Calgary office as well as field locations in Chauvin and Edson, Alberta by Amanda Stephenson, June 18, 2019, Calgary Herald
Spanish energy giant Repsol confirmed ...
- Frac’ing is not safe, it does not improve the environment! Compendium 6 Released: Review by doctors & scientists of more than 1,700 references conclude frac industry poses threat to air, water, climate and human health
“No evidence” that fracking can be done without threatening human health: Report, A review by doctors and scientists of more than 1,700 studies concludes that the industry poses a threat to air, water, climate, and human health by Kristina Marusic, June 20, 2019, Environmental Health News
A group of doctors and scientists have released a ...
- More than 100 orgs, 800 individuals push PA Gov. Tom Wolf to probe link between frac’ing and proliferation of childhood cancers; Ewing Sarcoma Presentation by Raina Rippel
Gov. Tom Wolf asked to investigate possible link between Pa. fracking, childhood cancers by Don Hopey and Dave Templeton, June 17, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
More than 100 organizations and 800 individuals have signed a public letter to Gov. Tom Wolf calling on him to direct the state Department of Health to investigate potential links between shale ...
- Falling for AER/ERCB/EUB (industry)’s scam, decade after decade: AER, Surface Rights Board, Orphan Well Association bamboozling (synergizing) Albertans about Trident Exploration walking from it’s environmental and financial obligations in CMAG Synergy meeting, June 25, 2019
Collapse of Trident Exploration threatens to more than double orphaned wells in Alberta, Just as AER and Alberta government set up the dream escape: Trident bankrupts itself, walks away from 4,700 wells
CMAG will host Trident open house by Dan Singleton, June 12, 2019, Mountain View Gazette
The Central Mountainview Advisory Group (CMAG) will be hosting an ...
- “Justice” rears its farcical head, yet again. Radio reporter obtains judge-ordered frac harm settlement ‘n gag, but court stifles him! $3M settlement accidentally made public for 8 plaintiffs against Range Resources & ten other codefendants. Two plaintiffs feel “angry and defeated” by their settlement.
Court document reveals Range Resources, other defendants agreed to $3 million settlement in Washington County contamination suit, The public document doesn’t specify how money was distributed among plaintiffs by Reid Frazier, June 4, 2019, State Impact PA
Range Resources and other defendants agreed to pay $3 million to settle a lawsuit last year with three Washington ...
- “Poison is Poison!” “Arrogant, Selfish” NB Tory Energy Minister Mike Holland Propagandizes, Calls Frac’ing ‘Responsible’
Energy minister says ‘responsible’ fracking will help transition to green economy, Political Panel discusses possibility of shale gas development in Sussex by CBC News with files from Jacques Poitras, Information Morning and the CBC New Brunswick Political Podcast, Jun 14, 2019
A few comments to the article (the comments are better than the article, thus why ...
- Rule of Law? Evil wins, again; Poisoned water and people lose, again
Prosecutors drop all criminal charges against eight people in Flint water scandal by Ed White, The Associated Press, June 13, 2019, The Globe and Mail
Prosecutors dropped all criminal charges Thursday against eight people in the Flint water crisis and pledged to start from scratch the investigation into one of the worst man-made environmental disasters in ...
- “My friend is dying from an opioid addiction that he got directly from the oilfields.” Citizen speaking at podium at Calgary’s 2019 Global Petroleum Show manhandled, hauled off by petro thugs as audience yells “Let him speak!”
Protester storms stage at 2019 Global Petroleum Show in Calgary by Melissa Gilligan, June 11, 2019, Global News
The Protester: Before we hear from the Premier , I just want to say, he does not represent me. This is a cesspool of hypocrisy.
My friends, I love this province. I do not want this province to ...
- Where has Justice gone? Into pockets of law-violating politicians that appoint the judges?
- 2017 Jessica Ernst UK Speaking Tour
Jessica Ernst 2017 UK Speaking Tour:
October 9: Malton, North Yorkshire:
The standing ovation at Malton went on and on and on, overwhelming Ernst.
Complete slides of Ernst’s talk, including Mr. Koop’s photos
October 10: Eckington, Derbyshire
October 11: Lytham St Anne’s, Lancashire
October 13: Love Leitrim’s Frack Ban Celebration at The Rainbow Ballroom of Romance, Glenfarne
2017 10 14: ...
- 50 Canadian law profs urge Environment Minister to reject amendments proposed by oil industry to #BILLC69 that undermine rule of law
50 CANADIAN LAW PROFESSORS URGE MINISTER MCKENNA TO REJECT AMENDMENTS TO #BILLC69 THAT UNDERMINE RULE OF LAW by Martin Olszynski, June 11, 2019, Journal of Environmental Law and Practice
The Honourable Catherine McKenna
Minister of Environment
Government of Canada
Dear Minister McKenna,
The Senate has recommended an amendment to Bill C-69, proposed by the oil industry, that would ...
- Wow! Shocker! A frac ‘n oil industry regulator regulating!
Permit for controversial injection well in St. Landry Parish denied by DNR by Dan Boudreaux, June 10, 2019, The Advocate
The Louisiana Department of Natural Resources Office of Conservation has denied the permit of a proposed wastewater injection well in north St. Landry Parish that drew criticism from locals earlier this year.
Eagle Oil LLC, which includes ...
- Alberta Imposes New Frac’ing Restrictions Near Brazeau Dam after Quakes
[Natural Resources of Canada didn’t record the Brazeau quake on their website.
Was it caused by water injection for oil recovery, frac’ing or frac waste water injection, and Canadian authorities don’t want the public to know?
Notably after the damaging quake caused by frac’ing near the City of Red Deer the week before?]
- Another Alberta Frac Incident? 400,000-litre spill by Obsidian Energy near Drayton Valley, private land and wetland impacted
Cleanup underway after 400,000-litre produced water leak at Obsidian Energy well near Drayton Valley by Phil Heidenreich, May 31, 2019, Global News
The Alberta Energy Regulator (AER) says cleanup efforts are underway after 400,000 litres of produced water leaked from an Obsidian Energy well near Drayton Valley this week.
On its website, the AER says the incident ...
- More AER Hanky Panky? Alberta Auditor-General & Public Interest Commissioner probing links between regulator and ICORE; Jim Ellis (ex-AER big wig) listed as president, sole director
2019 02 13 Print copy in The Globe and Mail:
PDF of above
Alberta Auditor-General probing links between energy regulator and consultancy firm by Jeff Lewis, February 12, 2019, The Globe and Mail
Alberta’s Auditor-General and Public Interest Commissioner are probing ties between the province’s energy regulator and an international not-for-profit set up by its former president and ...
- Canada’s RCMP keep on violating the law, along with oil and gas companies and their enabling law-violating regulators, while Supreme Court judges lie to enable the enabling.
Mountie broke the law when he investigated protester’s background, says watchdog report by Catharine Tunney, June 9, 2019, CBC News
A British Columbia Mountie broke the law when he started snooping into a protester’s background and leaked information to municipal officials — but it took an outside investigation to convince RCMP brass to see it that ...
- New Brunswick PC Govt: Let the frac betrayals begin
Mi’kmaq chiefs ‘blindsided’ by PC plan to allow shale gas development in Sussex area, ‘This is not an issue that’s going to come down to a Yes or No answer,’ says energy minister by Jacques Poitras, June 5, 2019, CBC News
Anti-shale gas activists and Mi’kmaq chiefs are warning the Higgs government to ...
- Pennsylvania conducting criminal investigation into shale gas
State conducting criminal investigation of shale gas production by David Templeton and Don Hopey, January 28, 2019, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
State Attorney General Josh Shapiro is pursuing criminal investigations of “environmental crimes” committed by the oil and gas industry in Washington County and possibly throughout the state.
In an Aug. 16, 2018, letter to ...
- Living in the middle of a gas field in Canada
Living in the middle of a gas field by Vicky Simlik, April 18, 2019, Dawson Creek Mirror
I live in the agricultural community of Farmington BC.
I recently read a question posted online; where are the ‘fracking voices’ from NEBC?
I considered the question.
Trying to live in the middle of a gas field one may not have the ...
- EUB/ERCB/AER’s Charter-Violating, Abusive, Cowardly McCarthyism expands to UCP Party: War room set for Calgary to attack courageous citizens concerned about Alberta’s deregulated frac-frenzied polluting, health-harming free-for-alls
McCarthy cartoon in Washington Post, 1954
Alberta comes to aid of ‘industry in crisis’ with first associate minister for natural gas, Some believe the challenges facing small gas producers are so intense that many will collapse before the end of the year by Geoffrey Morgan, June 4, 2019, Calgary Herald
Alberta’s battered natural gas producers, languishing in the ...
- Writing on Alberta’s Polluting Deregulating Walls: Pilot project to dump toxic tarsands waste directly into Athabasca River, followed by more deregulating to enable oil, gas, frac waste dumped directly into watersheds across Canada?
Heather Lyon @firststartrmh Retweeted Julie Ali
This is great news!!!
Greg Sauer @gljsauer to @firststartrmh
Canadian ingenuity strikes again
Julie Ali @JulieYAli
Sure does. Gets @OilGasCanada off the hook and poisons us. Win win for everyone.
Julie Ali @JulieYAli Replying to @firststartrmh
Yeah if you like carcinogens in your drinking water.
New pilot project aims to detoxify oilsands waste water for safe return to Athabasca River, A new ...
- Two workers killed at Source Energy Services’ Fox Creek Alberta Frac Sand Storage and Shipping Facility
2 workers killed at Fox Creek terminal construction site, OHS is expected to release further details by Wednesday afternoon by CBC News, May 8, 2019
Two people are dead following a construction accident Tuesday morning at a fracking sand storage and shipping facility in northwestern Alberta.
Occupational Health and Safety is investigating the workplace incident which took ...
- International Human Rights Court Recommends Worldwide Frac Ban. Will rape & pillage enabling Canadian authorities listen?
This post is for Polly Higgins.
International Human Rights Court Recommends Fracking Ban Press Release by Dr. Tom Kerns, April 4, 2019, Permanent Peoples’ Tribunal Session on Human Rights, Fracking and Climate Change.
The Permanent Peoples’ Tribunal has just released its Advisory Opinion, recommending a worldwide ban on hydraulic fracturing, the extreme oil and gas extraction technique ...
- Vesta Energy Ltd update on 4.6M fracquake near Red Deer March 4, 2019 that knocked out power to 4,600 Fortis Alberta customers, some reports of damage including to home driveway and underground electrical line.
Comment in from an Albertan:
On March 5, 2019, CBC Calgary scheduled (publicly announced the day before) a 1 hour phone-in program Noon to 1 pm on fracking and it’s relationship to earth quakes.
Some local ladies phoned in around 11:30 to get in the phone line up and were told the program was cancelled with no ...
- Rimbey-area landowner, Stan Pederson, experienced damages to driveway and underground electrical line (requires $2,500.00 repair) at time of Vesta’s 4.6M frac quake; is worried area water wells might have been cracked by the quake felt 50 km away. What about cracks to energy well bores? How many are leaking hydrocarbons into groundwater and or to surface because of frac quakes?
Rimbey-area landowner believes earthquake damaged his electricity supply, Underground line was damaged at same time quake hit, says landowner by Paul Cowley, Mar 18, 2019, Red Deer Advocate
At the same as a Magnitude 4.6 earthquake shook Central Alberta two weeks ago, Rimbey-area landowner Stan Pederson lost most of his electricity.
Somehow, the underground line was damaged ...
- AER orders Vesta Energy to suspend frac operations at well site linked to 4.6M earthquake in Central Alberta
Alberta Energy Regulator suspends fracking well linked to Monday earthquake by The Canadian Press, March 5, 2019, Edmonton Sun
SYLVAN LAKE, Alta. — The Alberta Energy Regulator has ordered a company to suspend fracking operations at a well site linked to an earthquake that was felt in the communities of Red Deer and Sylvan Lake.
Natural Resources ...
- 4.6M earthquake, 1 km in depth, most powerful yet in central Alberta, hits SW of Red Deer, cracks walls in homes, knocks power out to thousands. Vesta Energy reports quake to AER, shuts down frac’ing. AER investigating. Geological Survey of Canada says looks like fra’cing didn’t do it.
Natural Resources Canada, March 4, 2019:
Local Time: 05:55:17 MSTMagnitude: 4.6 MLLatitude: 52.22 NorthLongitude: 114.07 WestDepth: 1.0 kmUT Date and Time: 2019/03/04 12:55:17 UT
[AER reports the quake at 4.1M, Vesta Energy at 4.32M, while Geological Survey of Canada ...
- Ruling now available in English: Dutch gov’t loses appeal against Urgenda; Holland’s high court rules gov’t must reduce emissions to protect rights of citizens
Ruling in English:
Activists Cheer Victory in Landmark Dutch Climate Case by The Associated Press, Dec 20, 2019, The New York Times
THE HAGUE, Netherlands — In a ruling hailed as an “immense victory for climate justice,” the Netherlands’ top court ruled Friday in favor of activists who have for years been seeking legal orders to ...
- “Significant” frac water spill posing “major threat” to aquatic life. Westbrick Energy Ltd. C-ring/frac water tank fails, spills 6,000 m3 (6,000,000 litres) chlorine water for fracking, of which 4,000 m3 (4,000,000 litres) made its way into river. Gov’t suspends all fishing on Nordegg River, its tributaries and Brazeau River downstream of Brazeau Reservoir indefinitely: “The following closures are due to a chemical spill and the extreme risk to the sustainability of fish populations”
Chlorine water spill shuts down fishing in west-central Alberta rivers by Ryan Rumbolt and Yolande Cole, Sept 21, 2018, Calgary Herald
The Alberta Energy Regulator is investigating what’s being called a “large” chemical spill posing a major threat to marine life in a region of west-central Alberta.
Spokesperson Monica Hermary said the regulator was made aware of ...
- Quebec: 700 abandoned energy wells remain unattended to. Canada’s *multi-billion dollar* abandoned oil & gas well problem exponentially increasing. Where are the authorities? AER execs busy eating two-steak lunches, Judges knowingly publishing lies in rulings
Originally posted on March 25, 2018 (reposted July 3, 2019)
On the Left: Cattle producer’s methane and who knows what else contaminated water in Quebec, after shale frac’ing (authorities blaming nature, of course)
On the Right: Ernst methane, ethane and who knows what else contaminated water in Alberta, after Encana illegally frac’d the aquifers that supply Ernst’s ...
- Drilling, Frac’ing, Mining, Spills, Corporate Law Violations & Toxic Waste Dumping Everywhere with Water Gone or Gone Bad Everywhere too. Where are the courts? Busy gagging the harmed, protecting the water abusers and their enablers – the “regulators.”
Rob Schwartz FB comment:
Does anybody wonder if the recently rescinded water rights in the Milk River area has anything to do with industry plans to do a frac blitz on that same area ?
2006 09 21: Water usage advisory issued for Rosebud
2013 12 20: Harper government cutting more than $100 million and about 500 jobs related ...
- “..like an Alabama tick.” Schwarzenegger to Sue Oil Companies “for knowingly killing people all over the world.”
Schwarzenegger to Sue Big Oil for ‘First Degree Murder’ At SXSW, the former California governor lets loose on climate change, Donald Trump and gives his first in-depth remarks on #MeToo by Edward-Isaac Dovere, March 12, 2018, Politico
AUSTIN, Texas — Arnold Schwarzenegger’s next mission: taking oil companies to court “for knowingly killing people all over the world.”
- Spooked by Quakes, Oklahoma Toughens Fracking Rules, Canadian regulators stick with less stringent regulations despite growing risks from mega-fracking
Spooked by Quakes, Oklahoma Toughens Fracking Rules, Canadian regulators stick with less stringent regulations despite growing risks from mega-fracking by Andrew Nikiforuk, 9 Mar 2018, TheTyee.ca
After recording swarms of earthquakes caused by hydraulic fracturing, Oklahoma has introduced tougher regulations than those used by any Canadian energy regulator.
Last month the Oklahoma Corporation Commission ordered all drillers to ...
- Rolling Stone reports on Compendium 5: ‘The Harms of Fracking’: New Report Details Increased Risks of Asthma, Birth Defects and Cancer. Dr. Sandra Steingraber: “Fracking is the worst thing I’ve ever seen.” Dr. Pouné Saberi: “There is a code of silence….” Workers rarely report injuries or hazards, for fear of losing their jobs.
I know that some of you have been waiting a long time for the 5th edition. I join all my co-authors in saying that we ardently hope that this report will be useful to people in frontline communities who are fighting for their lives and land….
With more than 1,200 published studies now in the peer-reviewed ...
- “yep they get the gold, we get the shaft.” Dam collapses at one of Australia’s largest gold mines after 2.7M earthquake 2 km away. Imagine BC’s foolish, high risk Site C dam surrounded by frac’ing causing much stronger earthquakes!
Work suspended after dam collapses at one of Australia’s largest gold mines, Just days after an earthquake hit the area, a dam wall has collapsed at the Cadia mine near Orange by William McInnes, 10 March 2018, The Sydney Morning Herald
Operations at one of Australia’s largest gold mines had to be temporarily suspended on Friday after a ...
- Day 20: XTO’s exploded gas well that vented methane, caused 2 mile no fly zone for weeks finally capped; Powhatan residents return home; Authorities chant no harm to public, no safety risk
OSHP releases aerial footage of Powhatan Point well pad by Kate Davison, March 12, 2018, WTOV9
The Ohio State Highway Patrol has released aerial footage of the Powhatan Point well pad.
The helicopter video allowed disaster response units to conduct an aerial site assessment, and was critical to the panel of experts from XTO Energy, The Ohio ...
- Oklahoma’s boasted frac quake mitigation failing, badly! More homes damaged by two 4.2M quakes Sunday NE of Enid; Court coddling oil companies causing quakes, leaving people plaintiffs dangling
Damage reported after earthquakes in Oklahoma by News9, Mar 05, 2018
BRECKENRIDGE, Okla. (AP) – Damage is being reported after two 4.2-magnitude earthquakes rattled northern Oklahoma.
The U.S. Geological Survey reports the quakes hit Sunday evening near the town of Breckenridge, about 70 miles (113 kilometers) north of Oklahoma City.
Garfield County Emergency Management Director Mike Honigsberg says bricks ...
- The Guardian in UK reports on Ristigouche Sud-Est’s legal win against Gastem: Tiny Canada town defeats oil firm in court fight over drinking water, Company sued Quebec village of 157 people after it created bylaw to protect its water
Tiny Canada town defeats oil firm in court fight over drinking water, Company sued Quebec township of 157 people after it created a no-drill zone, fearing for its water supply by Ashifa Kassam in Toronto, Mar 2018, The Guardian
‘We are relieved that our right to protect our drinking water is finally recognised’
Mayor Ristigouche Sud-Est.
A small municipality in the ...
- Study: Counties with fracking have increased rates of sexually transmitted infections; Another study shows link between B.C. extraction industries, domestic abuse
Originally posted on March 27, 2018 (reposted with additional articles July 3, 2019)
Counties with fracking have increased rates of sexually transmitted infections by Elisabeth Reitman, March 26, 2018, Yale School of Public Health
at the Yale School of Public Health have discovered that the rates of two major
sexually transmitted infections (STIs), gonorrhea and chlamydia, are 21% and
19% higher, ...
- Bravo Letter: Go to Hell BC NDP. Take your Fake Frack Review (and AB NDP) with you!
Originally posted on March 25, 2018 (Reposted July 3, 2019)
Resignation from the BC NDP
March 24th, 2018
BC New Democratic Party#301 – 4180 Lougheed Highway Burnaby, BC V5C 6A7
Sirs and Mesdames:
receive this as my official resignation as a member of the New Democratic
Party, its provincial council and its Surrey-Green Timbers riding executive
after seventeen consecutive years and a ...
- Unbelievable! A Canadian judge with courage & integrity! Justice Nicole Tremblay ruled a municipality has right to protect its territory based on precautionary principle, but orders only half of tiny Quebec village’s legal fees reimbursed. Is that justice? After 4.5 years of legal stresses & waiting, Ristigouche Sud-Est wins! Gastem sued the community $1.5 Million for trying to protect drinking water
The ruling, dated February 28, 2018
Note that the Quebec court heard the trial over 9 days in September 2017 and ruled in only 5 months, on a much more complicated matter than the Ernst vs AER preliminary motion (not a trial) that the Supreme Court of Canada heard over 2 hours yet took over a year ...
- Traditional Agricultural User Water Rights Denied. 1,000 mistakes? Will Alberta’s NDP Minister of Environment, Shannon Phillips, take a lie detector test? After significant outrage reported in the media, she says taking water away from ranchers & farmers was a mistake
Province denying rancher’s water rights by David Schneider, Little Bow MLA, February 25, 2018, Lethbridge Herald
In December 2017, Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) sent out letters advising several Albertans that water licence applications submitted over 15 years ago were being closed and water access related to those applications revoked.
A southeast rancher who is a constituent of a ...
- Bow Island, Alberta: “Water” well beside Chantel Timmons’ home leaking white foam & dangerous levels natural gas. Is it an abandoned shallow gas well or historic stratigraphic test well? Charter violating, No Public Interest or Public Health mandate, “No Duty of Care” AER shirking its duties, yet again
Religious (Trumpian) Alberta Chant:
Industry didn’t do it. Water wells in Alberta have always been naturally contaminated with methane
Many in Alberta ignorantly (and to enable their greed for more and more oil and gas industry lease money) chant the AER’s, Alberta Environment’s and industry’s mantra: groundwater and water wells have always been naturally contaminated with ...
- Frac Water Orgy Announced by AER’s Mark Taylor (ex-manager Encana who lied to Rosebud, said Encana would never frac their drinking water). No Wonder AEP is Taking Water Licences Away from Farmers/Ranchers: AER grants 10 year blanket approval water licences; Companies need not know where they will frac, or how much they will frac or where they’ll get their water from. Companies “expected” to look at sources other than fresh drinking water, eg hydrocarbon contaminated groundwater, but not if contaminated with methane!
Coming soon everywhere in Canada, except PEI?
2012 09 12: AEA: Support to the identification of potential risks for the environment and human health arising from hydrocarbons operations involving hydraulic fracturing in Europe
A proportion (25% to 100%) of the water used in hydraulic fracturing is not recovered, and consequently this water is lost permanently to re-use, ...
- Dennis Kucinich vows to end all oil & gas drilling in Ohio if elected Governor, then take the industry to court: “Fresh water and clean water are not negotiable issues.” Industry not happy with his plans. Boo Hoo, more of these plans ahead, everywhere, except in Alberta Canada
DENNIS KUCINICH VOWS TO END ALL OIL AND GAS DRILLING IN OHIO IF ELECTED GOVERNOR AND THEN TAKE THE INDUSTRY TO COURT by Zaid Jilani, February 19 2018, The Intercept
THE MAN WHO saved Cleveland — and paid the ultimate political price for it — now wants to do the same for Ohio.
Dennis Kucinich, the boy mayor of ...
- Arrogance, Greed & Ignorance Out of Control: ‘Frac hits’ growing issue as infill drilling, frac stages rise: “Economic results could be catastrophic”
‘Frac hits’ growing issue as infill drilling, frac stages rise by Mella McEwen, February 20, 2018, mrt Hearst Newspapers
The Permian Basin is getting crowded, with thousands of new wells being drilled.
And it’s going to get even more crowded as Permian Basin operators have amassed in excess of 100,000 drilling locations.
With all those wells vying for space, ...
- Newfoundland and Labrador gov’t’s evil new Synergy Alberta lingo: Create a “world-class energy cluster.” NL unveils plan to double oil production by 2030, speed up development process (aka deregulate), Lay foundation for natural gas industry – Sneak in Fracking?
N.L. unveils plan for faster, cheaper offshore oil and gas development by The Canadian Press, February 19, 2018, Calgary Herald
ST. JOHN’S, N.L. — Cash-strapped Newfoundland and Labrador has launched a 12-year plan to speed and increase offshore oil and gas development while drawing coveted global investment.
The province will review regulations [aka deregulate to keep investors and ...
- New Film: Pipe Dreams Fractured Lives
Pipe Dreams Fractured Lives – The Trailer on Facebook and by fanforce on Youtube, February 12, 2018
Currently touring Australia. The Premiere was a full house with an employee at the cinema saying he had not seen a full house in all the years that he had been there. Cinema holds 200.
A film with an alarming message, about ...
- Frack Patch Porn: The ultimate sexual assault by men in positions of power? Ensign drills Canada’s longest lateral, 7,770 metres (4.828 miles), at global frac-quake capital, Fox Creek, Alberta. Is it the world’s longest lateral onshore?
Why no reporting on the start and finish dates drilling this world-record onshore lateral?
And why no location provided for such a significant event?
Is it because AER, Shell and Ensign know the long lateral is causing earthquakes?
Ensign drills Canada’s longest well at Fox Creek by Maurice Smith, Feb. 15, 2018, JWN Energy
Ensign Energy Services Inc. has ...
- Extremely Wise Dutch Economic Affairs Minister: “Shale gas is not an option in the Netherlands any more. We are not doing it. It is over and done with.’
Dutch minister confirms ban on drilling, shale gas ‘not an option’ February 16, 2018, DutchNews.nl
The Netherlands will not give out any permits for the exploration for shale gas in the Netherlands, economic affairs minister Erik Wiebes has confirmed to parliament. ‘Shale gas is not an option in the Netherlands any more,’ Wiebes said. ‘We are ...
- Brilliant Gérard Montpetit at his best! The Pipeline of Happiness will Transport Dilpot & BC Wine from Vancouver to Halifax, Right through Rachel Notley’s Toxic Tarsands Country
The Pipeline of Happiness by Gérard Montpetit, February 15, 2018
Like thousands of Québecois, I was against the Energy East pipeline despite the spin of the promoters that this project was as important to Canada as the railway in the 19th century. I cheered when the project was dropped in the fall of 2017. I was delighted ...
- Oil & gas industry’s fracking is “perfectly safe” lie explodes by homes, yet again: Ohio, Belmont County, XTO Well pad explosion, fire forces 1 mile mandatory evacuation area; Families & businesses within 2 miles urged to evacuate, 2/3s of Village of Powhatan
Typical of the oil and gas industry: Is XTO’s new definition of “explosion” – a loss of control, uncontrolled manner – to try to down play the incident?
2015 03 12; Jack Shawn Eyles, 28, from Kelowna, dies fracking in NE BC for Calfrac (Nitrogen Pumping Division) on Progress Energy Canada Ltd. Site: “Not an ...
- Fracking tied to reduced songbird nesting success
Fracking tied to reduced songbird nesting success by American Ornithological Society, February 14, 2018, Phys.org
The central Appalachian region is experiencing the country’s most rapid growth in shale gas development, or “fracking,” but we’ve known almost nothing about how this is affecting the region’s songbird populations—until now. A new study from The Condor: Ornithological Applications demonstrates that the nesting ...
- Peter Watson’s scandal bitten NEB boss-job to crumble into frac dust? Cover-up agent for AER/Encana & bully extraordinaire, ex-Deputy Minister Alberta Environment Peter Watson, now Chair & CEO of NEB (appointed by Steve Harper as reward?) skating on thin ice. What cover-up position will Watson get next? Appointed by Rachel Notley to Chair AER, replace ex-Encana VP Gerard Protti?
Trudeau government legislation proposes to jettison Harper appointees at pipeline regulator by Mike De Souza, February 13th 2018, National Observer
All 19 politically-appointed members of the National Energy Board are slated to be swept from their positions under new environmental legislation introduced last week by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government.
While public servants would retain jobs in a restructured ...
- More Frac Secrets Exposed, like Encana intentionally frac’ing drinking water supplies, then lying, promising never to do so. Secret UK government report lowers fracking expectations
Secret UK government report lowers fracking expectations by Zachary Davies Boren and Lawrence Carter, February 10, 2018, unearthed
Confidential Cabinet Office analysis predicts 155 wells by 2025 — a far cry from the thousands previously touted
The British government does not expect a fracking boom on the scale predicted by the shale gas industry, according to confidential ...
- “Insane” Greed: Fox Creek Shakes as Frackers Drill for Condensate to Dilute Bitumen
Alberta Forest Town Shakes as Frackers Drill for Light Oil by Robert Tuttle, February 8, 2018, Bloomberg Technology
Fox Creek’s Duvernay drilling boom brings trucks, earthquakes
Chevron plans development of 55,000 acres near town of 2,000
In the Western Alberta town of Fox Creek, roughnecks shuffle through hotel lobbies, freight trucks choke slushy streets and, every once in ...
- Gail Atkinson, earthquake expert: Low-volume fracking found still dangerous; Dutch Court Orders NAM to Immediately Compensate Homeowners in Frac Quake Damages Zone in Groningen for Depreciation even if Homes Not Sold. Will the Corporate Giant Heed the Court? Most Likely Not.
Low-volume fracking found still dangerous by Jonathan Sher, February 8, 2018, The London Free Press
Companies that frack less aggressively for oil can lessen the number of earthquakes but not necessarily their magnitude, a London researcher has found.
Gail Atkinson, a professor in Western University’s faculty of science, has found oil companies that reduce the volume of ...
- Florida senate’s environmental conservation committee voted 10-0 approving bipartisan bill to ban fracking statewide
Doesn’t Donnie Trump want his $200 Million Mar-a-Lago weekend home & water supply frac’d ‘n quaked?
Lawmakers From Both Parties Move to Ban Fracking in Florida by Mike Ludwig, February 7, 2018, Truthout
The effort to prevent fracking in Florida cleared a major hurdle on Monday as the state senate’s environmental conservation committee approved a bipartisan bill ...
- New Study: Frac chemical mix causes disturbing changes in breast tissue; Low levels of chemicals used in unconventional oil & gas production cause abnormal mammary glands and pre-cancerous lesions
Prenatal exposure to unconventional oil and gas operation chemical mixtures altered mammary gland development in adult female mice by Sarah A Sapouckey, Christopher D Kassotis, Susan C Nagel, and Laura N Vandenberg, February 7, 2018, Endocrinology, en.2017-00866, https://doi.org/10.1210/en.2017-00866
Unconventional oil and gas operations (UOG), which combine hydraulic fracturing (fracking) and directional drilling [many frac’d wells are vertical, ...
- Alberta’s Big Oil Pollution Party (aka UCP) Leader Rachel Notley Farts in the Wind with Sour Grapes Strategy against BC trying to protect its environment from American brute Kinder Morgan’s diluted bitumen shipments
Everyone everywhere, please, if you drink wine, buy BC wine for the month of February (or longer!) and show BC your support!
Since when did Rachel Notley give a damn about constitutionality?
Alberta’s NDP had automatic right to intervene in front of the Supreme Court of Canada in in Ernst vs AER in support of the Charter ...
- Worker killed during move of drilling rig at Cenovus Christina Lake tarsands site; Cenovus investigating itself. Will Cenovus find itself guilty if Cenovus is to blame?
Cenovus continues some layoffs following worker’s death by Bill Kaufmann, February 9, 2018, Calgary Herald
Already reeling from a series of job losses, Cenovus employees say a decision to reverse a delay in some layoffs following a workplace death comes as another blow to morale at the energy giant.
In an internal online message sent to staff Wednesday, ...