Ian Jessop interviews Jessica Ernst on the launch of Andrew Nikiforuk’s new book, Slick Water September 14, 2015, CFAX 1070
- Ontario 2 years ago: In Norfolk, leaking abandoned industry *sour* gas wells forces exclusion zone for vehicles, vessels, and evacuation of 22 homes. In nearby Town of Jarvis (population 2,300), unusually high methane readings, firefighters test gas levels at every home. Compare to grossly negligent, “No Duty of Care,” Charter-violating, lying, spying, heinous AER covering-up industry’s deadly gas leaks.
- The Leaks that threaten the clean image of natural gas
- How is settle and gag a “big win” for anyone but the human rights violating company eager to reopen their mine?
- Another frac ‘n gag to cover up frac damages? Cuadrilla signs non-disclosure agreement with UK’s national earthquake monitoring agency, British Geological Survey, to ‘destroy confidential documents’ and release operational data only at company’s request
- What are you showering, bathing in, drinking, breathing venting from your water taps? PA District Attorneys get court order to bar landfill, owned by Canadian company Tervita (as of June 1), from taking frac waste & drill cuttings to protect public drinking water. Officials determined the landfill was sending them 100,000 to 300,000 gallons of contaminated water a day – two to six times the amount the authority was allowed to take.
- Fabulous! Campaign for an inclusive legal profession in Ontario starts at www.demandinclusion.ca. “Because white supremacy will not roll over and die.” – Kris @GPLLP
- Truck going too fast to make the turn? 4,800 gallons unknown substance spilled into Yough River when “brine” tractor-trailer flips. How many hundreds similar spills into water ways not caught or reported?
- Frac Fraud on the Rise: Sixth man admits role in altering emission control devices on trucks used in Marcellus Shale gas fields
- Lancashire frac’ing: 1.6M earthquake stops Cuadrilla’s work “This is a serious issue and we know that seismic activity at similar levels deformed the well bore at Preese Hall, which Cuadrilla failed to report to the relevant authorities for six months.”
- Ewing’s sarcoma takes another child in a frac field: “It’s the price you pay for deep love. It hurts.” Randy Stephen’s last wishes are being fulfilled: that his family help other families going through battles with childhood cancer.
- Quintana Energy Services Inc., oil field services company (went public in Feb 2018) cuts over 130 jobs, assets, C-level position to reduce costs; many companies dealing with “shifting investor expectations” and “crushing” debt
- Victoria state Court of Appeal in 2-1 ruling rejected Cardinal George Pell’s appeal of unanimous jury verdict finding him guilty of sexually abusing children
- Frac jobs keep getting frac’d: CNX lays off about 50 workers, “This is part of our normal course as we’re always looking…to get better.”
- California regulators still allowing industry to inject toxic oilfield waste into drinking water aquifers, violating Safe Drinking Water Act; Companies will sue if ordered to stop. Alberta regulators break the law too, letting industry frac into drinking water aquifers, AER’s law violations even enabled by Canada’s top court
- California: Chevron’s steam injection disaster, oil & wastewater gushing to surface grows more than 500,000 gallons to 1.3 million gallons. “Permits in these legacy oil fields are often given with a wink and a nod.”